inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: June POTM Voting Thread

Written By: skittlesking on 07/08/07 at 7:04 am

Welcome to the Performance of the Month AmIRight contest! Good luck to all contestants. . .this contest is open voting for all SOTM, POTM, and ABC current and past participants wether or not they have entered this contest.  The rules are fairly simple and mostly similar to other contests.  The difference, this contest is played with your ears instead of your eyes!

1. All voting will end promtly at the very end of the month.
2. All contestants currently in the POTM need to comment and vote on all contestants by that time
3. Failure to vote by the deadline will result in forfeit of your points
4. Failure to vote will result in a penalty of 20 points to be applied to the following month's contest (no DQs)
5. Once You've Voted, You can not change your vote UNLESS your vote was invalid
6.  In the event of a tie, procedures mentioned in the entry thread will be followed up to 10th place
7.  You can't vote for your own song
8. You can't vote for another song more than once in the same contest
9. This round has 6 entrants, so you get to vote for your TOP 5 (5 points for 1st, 4 for 2nd etc)
10. HAVE FUN

**Special Thank You to Kristof Robertson for hosting in my place last month, thanks again buddy**

1. Lazy as sequenced by Matthias
     Performance

2. Oh MacGyver by Mckludge
     Performance

3. Flinstone Cartoon by Mikey Squirrel
    Performance

4. You and Me Betty Ain't Nothin' but Rubbles by Rick Cormier/Stu McArthur
    Performance

5. Chubilicious by Below Average Dave
    Performance

6. In the ICU Again by Phil Alexander
    Performance

Subject: Re: June POTM Voting Thread

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 07/22/07 at 5:39 pm

whoops, Dave, could you please change my artist name from stu mcarthur to rick cormier (he was, in fact, the artist who recorded it)

thanks mate :)

Written By: philbo on 07/26/07 at 11:14 am

Seeing as I'm off on holiday tomorrow, I figured I'd better get my votes in.  Have to say that the videos added a level of humour that the recordings on their own just didn't quite make - which is not to say that the recordings weren't funny, but the added visual kick was noticeable.  Is it just me, or did the Flintstone entries really stand out this month?  (or am I just a bit of a Flintstone freak?)

Results of the philboan jury:

5 points - #3. Flinstone Cartoon by Mikey Squirrel
4 points - #4. You and Me Betty Ain't Nothin' but Rubbles by Stu McArthur
3 points - #1. Lazy as sequenced by Matthias
2 points - #2. Oh MacGyver by Mckludge
1 point  - #5. Chubilicious by Below Average Dave

Written By: Matthias on 07/26/07 at 5:56 pm

5 Points To: Mikey's Flintstone
4 Points To: Stuart's Rubble
3 Points To: McKludge's MacGyver
2 Points To: Dave's Stomach
1 Point To: Dr. Phil

Written By: McKludge on 07/28/07 at 5:30 pm

5 points to You and Me Betty Ain't Nothin' but Rubbles by Stu McArthur/Rick Cormier - The OS is goofy enough, and you made it goofier
4 points to Flintstone Cartoon by Mikey Squirrel - Excellent editing job with the old cartoon footage.  Do you do that professionally?
3 points to Lazy as sequenced by Matthias - The Sims makes a good poor man's animation studio
2 points to In the ICU Again by Phil Alexander - The voice of the patient was perfectly pathetic sounding.
1 point to Chubilicious by Below Average Dave - Not being hefty myself, I'll always laugh at a good fat joke.

Written By: skittlesking on 07/31/07 at 1:41 am

5th, 1 Point to Phil Alexander "In The ICU Again"
    The beeps weren't necessarily horrid. . .I did like it or it would not have appeared on my station, but I do have to admit--you've got some that blow this one out the water.

4th, 2 Points to Mikey Squirrel "Flinstone Cartoon"
  Well, as I said, this one was Decent, I do not feel it was up to the same quality on the performance end as the first one, but kudos trying to hit the correct vocal range-not an easy task by any means, and the video (like the first) was top notch.

3rd, 3 Points to McKludge "Oh MacGaver"
  On performance alone, working with what you were, you did a fantastic job.  .  .it wasn't terribly funny, but this is about performance, so good job on this one.

2nd, 4 Points to Matthias "Lazy-by Below Average Dave"
  Well, I have to be honest, this was tough rating my own performance in voting, but I focused on the video which was quite creative, I loved it. . .and you took my lyrics very much to the places I was going throughout the video.  I do hope this is only the beginning of your video making, you may not have the ability to record your own parodies, but your skill using Sims 2 is unquestionable.

1st, 5 Points to Stu McArthur/Rick Cormier "You and Me Betty Ain't Nothin' But Rubbles"
  Frankly, this one had my 5 Points back before I took my vacation to St. Louis, it was an easy choice, it's been in regular rotation on my personal stations and is one of my favorite parodies to date period.  I love the OS (and that crazy sexual innuendo band for that matter), I love the topic, I love the lyrics, I love the vocals, I love the overall execution, I love the backing tracks, I mean, arguably the best collaboration project TO DATE that I have seen on AmIRight, and one that I feel easily would give Weird Al Yankovic a run for his money if the Flinstones were still as popular today as they were during their peak.  Brilliant job on the writing AND the performance.

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 07/31/07 at 8:53 am

5 points.............6. In the ICU Again by Phil Alexander
4 points.............2. Oh MacGyver by Mckludge
3 points.............3. Flinstone Cartoon by Mikey Squirrel
2 points.............4 Points to Matthias "Lazy-by Below Average Dave
1 point..............5. Chubilicious by Below Average Dave

Written By: Mikey Squirrel on 07/31/07 at 8:18 pm

Good job this month on everyone's part...

5 pts- Oh MacGyver by Mckludge
4 pts- You and Me Betty Ain't Nothin' but Rubbles by Rick Cormier/Stu McArthur
3 pts- Lazy by Matthias
2 pts- In the ICU Again by Phil Alexander
1 pt - Chubilicious by Below Average Dave

Check for new replies or respond here...