inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: And The Winner Of ABC3 Parody Of The Tournament is.....(scroll down)

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 07/22/07 at 2:19 am

Anybody at all can vote!!  and please vote everyone - more the better

NB!! - DO NOT VOTE IN THIS THREAD - SECRET BALLOT

Instead of 3 finalists, there are 5 finalists, as there was a 4-way tie for second place

1.  Please choose one parody only as your ABC3 parody of the tournament

2.  Send your choice in a PM to Stu McArthur "Stu McArthur" AND Red Ant "Red Ant"

I will announce the winner in about a week, but I'll prewarn of the announcement for dramatic purposes ;)

and I forgot to remind you...

Jeff, Stu, Cat, Johnny D and Kristof are not allowed to vote

Choose from...

I Guess That's Why We All Hit The Snooze

McArthur's Fart

Newbie Parodist

Pay This Fer Gasoline Man

88 Lines About 44 Strange Dates

The full results of nomiantions for ABC Parody Of The Tournament Are As Follows.....

12 Newbie Parodist
8 I Guess That's Why We All Hit The Snooze
8 McArthur's Fart
8 Pay This Fer Gasoline Man
8 88 Lines About 44 Strange Dates
7 Flora's Thong's A Crime
7 The X-Woman's Wannabe Song
6 Damn IKEA
6 Villa La Mediocre
6 What Rhymes With Orange?
5 Gotta Snog Somebody
5 Louisiana (And The Purchase Thereof)
5 Takin' Out Zombies
4 Born to be Wild
4 Jolie, She's Enraptured Me
4 Oompa Loompa Riot
4 Quite A Laidback Jail
4 You Aint Screamed "Nelson" Yet
3 Alopecia
3 Everybody's Girl
3 Kinky Dave
2 Uneasy Writer
1 The Author
1 Angelina
1 Collision Man
1 The Hokey Money Song
1 Rough Lolita, Beatin' Babe
1 Slingin' A Load

Subject: Re: Everyone - choose 1 of these 5 parodies for ABC3 Parody Of The Tournament

Written By: agrimorfee on 07/23/07 at 8:23 am

Thanks to you-know-you-are for the 3 noms of "Kinky Dave"!  8)

Best of luck to each of our Champions:

Cat, Kristof, Jeff, Stu, and Johnny!

Subject: Re: Everyone - choose 1 of these 5 parodies for ABC3 Parody Of The Tournament

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 07/24/07 at 1:30 am

whoops, speaking of Cat, Kristof, Jeff, Stu, and Johnny...

none of those 5 are eligible to vote  (as I mentioned last week)

(sorry Cat - I know you already have)

Subject: Re: choose 1 of these 5 parodies for ABC3 POTT - deadline midnight July 30

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 07/27/07 at 11:21 am

with the votes just absolutely flooding in, Red Ant and I have had many sleepless nights just trying to tally them all - and don't get me started on those dangling chads >:(

votes will not be accepted after midnight July 30 (yes I know it's just 1 day before SOTM deadline, but it's just 5 seconds work - pick one from the five and PM it to me and Jack)

exciting isn't it!!! :-\\

Subject: Re: choose 1 of these 5 parodies for ABC3 POTT - deadline midnight July 30

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 07/31/07 at 1:12 am

okay, no more votes - put down your pencils everyone

the winner of Parody of ABC3 is..............

(well, you knew I was gonna try to milk the moment)

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 07/31/07 at 4:19 am

and it was a tie for first place between

and

McArthur's Fart

Congratulations to Jeff and me!

and ironically if my ex-girlfriend had only hit the snooze, she would not have heard (let alone experienced) McArthur's Fart, and everything would have been so so different (sigh)

thanks to everybody for participating

stay tuned for ABC4.........

Written By: Johnny_D on 07/31/07 at 8:31 am

and it was a tie for first place between

and

McArthur's Fart

Congratulations to Jeff and me!

and ironically if my ex-girlfriend had only hit the snooze, she would not have heard (let alone experienced) McArthur's Fart, and everything would have been so so different (sigh)

thanks to everybody for participating

stay tuned for ABC4.........

Congratulations to Jeff and Stuart!    :)

I'll be watching future parody contests from the sidelines --
--- and I expect you all to keep the guffaws coming!  ;D

Subject: Re: And The Winner Of ABC3 Parody Of The Tournament is.....(scroll down)

Written By: Red Ant on 08/03/07 at 10:00 pm

Congratulations to Jeff and Stu!

I completely lost track of time this week, so I did not get the chance (i.e., I forgot) to cast a vote. It probably would have been for Jeff but I fell asleep. Kristof's parody looked stunning as well. Then again, Cat's was xCELLent!!!LOL!@O!!!... with Johnny D's, the price was right, and Stu's, well, as I said before, I forgot to vote: ain't that a stinker?  ;)

Ant

Subject: Re: And The Winner Of ABC3 Parody Of The Tournament is.....(scroll down)

Written By: jreuben on 08/05/07 at 8:47 pm

Wow, this was unexpected!  Congratulations to my co-winner Stu!  And thanks to all the other ABC participants for a fun and challenging 3rd year of ABC!

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 08/06/07 at 4:29 am

Congrats to Messrs Reuben and McArthur...both deserved victors.

I like the idea of "sealed" voting; it adds a little bit of dramatic tension to proceedings, and it prevents sub-conscious "voting with the pack".
Worth a trial with SOTM some time?  ;)

Written By: Cat on 08/07/07 at 9:18 am

Belated congrats to Jeff and Stu—you both definitely deserve it! :D

And noooo, Kris, sealed SOTM voting would be a disaster! Where's the competition in that?!  ???

Written By: Red Ant on 08/11/07 at 11:08 pm

Congrats to Messrs Reuben and McArthur...both deserved victors.

I like the idea of "sealed" voting; it adds a little bit of dramatic tension to proceedings, and it prevents sub-conscious "voting with the pack".
Worth a trial with SOTM some time?  ;)

I too like the idea of secret voting. The benefit for the organizer of the contest is that all the votes are in his/her inbox (as well as a second persons, preferrably one not entering in contests), making it super easy to tabulate votes.

I don't think there is much "voting with the pack", but I do know lots of people, myself included, flock to the voting thread every time a new post is made - watch the hit counter sometime, lol. Secret or sealed voting eliminates all of that, and makes the winner a true surprise.

It might also eliminate the true noobs from not voting because no one is voting for their song. If they can't see the votes, no matter how unflattering toward their parody they may be, as they come in, I think they would be more inclined to vote.

(a bit cynical ^ I suppose, but someone had to say it...  ;))

The only downside is that all the witty and kind comments many of us post on open boards along with our votes would be lost, or at least not be able to be seen until the end of the competition, that is, if the competition organizer posts every PM on open boards... more work for them.

I wouldn't mind seeing sealed voting in both ABC and SOTM competitions. Thoughts?

Ant

Check for new replies or respond here...