inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: June SOTM Votes Totaled!!!

Written By: Matthias on 07/31/07 at 10:46 pm

Well... We've waited an entire month to see these winners and here they are...

In 1st Place
With 43 Points
Is Kristof Robertson's "Your Band Is Called What?"

In 2nd Place
With 39 Points
Is Agrimorfee's "Sting At The Moment"

In 3rd Place
With 36 Points
Is Stuart McArthur's "R.I.P Pluto"

The Finalists

4th Place: 35 Points: McKludge
5th Place: 30 Points: Phil Alexander
6th Place: 16 Points: Below Average Dave
7th Place: 11 Points: Matthias
8th Place: 7 Points: Wannabemustangjockey
9th Place: 6 Points: Cat
10 Place: 5 Points: Conquerer_Of_Parodies
11 Place: 4 Points: Charnster
12 Place: 3 Points: Jeff Reuben

Honorable Mentions

1. Jason
2. Max Power
3. Jack Wilson

Subject: Re: June SOTM Votes Totaled!!!

Written By: agrimorfee on 08/01/07 at 7:45 am

Wowsers! What a close game! :o  8)

Thanks for your votes, kids! Virtual claps on the back to Kristof and Stu.

Written By: McKludge on 08/01/07 at 8:52 am

In 3rd Place
With 36 Points
Is Stuart McArthur's "R.I.P Pluto"

The Finalists

4th Place: 35 Points: McKludge

As Maxwell Smart would say, "Missed it by that much."  :(  This rookie is slowly sneaking up there.

Congrats to Kristof, Agrimorfee, and Stuart, and heap big thanks to Phil, Agri, and Max Power for their first place votes.

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 08/01/07 at 5:26 pm

Wowsers! What a close game! :o  8)

Thanks for your votes, kids! Virtual claps on the back to Kristof and Stu.

You can say that again! Thanks for the votes, folks....and virtual (manly) hugs to Agri and Stu for medalling with their great pieces. I honestly thought the medal places this month would be a crapshoot; so much funniness and skill that it was virtually impossible to separate my top 5.
Well done everybody

As Maxwell Smart would say, "Missed it by that much."  :(  This rookie is slowly sneaking up there.

Not so slowly, McK. A most impressive rookie innings... I'd bet my trousers you'll medal at least once before the year's out!

Once again, cheers all...and I'll see you in July's comp (if I can decide between my measly 2 eligible parodies)

:) :) :) :)

Written By: McKludge on 08/01/07 at 10:05 pm

Not so slowly, McK. A most impressive rookie innings... I'd bet my trousers you'll medal at least once before the year's out!

Thanks Kris, but please keep your trousers on.  ;D Although it is August, it might be quite hot where you live. 

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 08/01/07 at 10:45 pm

third place! you beauty! - on behalf of maligned and downtrodden planets throughout the universe, I gratefully accept  (well someone's gotta watch out for them)

and gee, sorry McKludge - I thought you'd be in the medals the way you were going - one point is a bit cruel - plenty more SOTMs to come

congrats to Kristof - what a funny man! :D    (but, yeah, keep your trousers on)
and congrats to Agrimorfee for such a herculean effort that well deserved its silver medal

:) :)

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 08/02/07 at 3:19 am

Thanks Kris, but please keep your trousers on.  ;D Although it is August, it might be quite hot where you live. 

I was ACTUALLY referring to a nice pair of beige chinos I haven't worn for a year, McK.....what is wrong with you people???

;D ;D ;D

Written By: Red Ant on 08/03/07 at 9:49 pm

Congrats to Kristof, Aggy and Stu!

Ant

Written By: Cat on 08/04/07 at 11:55 am

Yay! Congrats to Kristof, Agri and Stu! :D

And don't be too dismayed, McKludge. This year's looking pretty darn hospitable to newbies!

Written By: McKludge on 08/05/07 at 11:47 am

And don't be too dismayed, McKludge. This year's looking pretty darn hospitable to newbies!

Not dismayed at all.  I figure to go from unknown to 4th place between April and July, I'm doing alright.

I was ACTUALLY referring to a nice pair of beige chinos I haven't worn for a year, McK

Thanks, but despite the subject matter of my parody, I can afford my own pants.  ;D

Written By: philbo on 08/05/07 at 3:48 pm

I'd bet my trousers you'll medal at least once before the year's out!

er.. "medal" as a verb?  Ewww...  McK would've won, too, if it wasn't for you medalling kids.. ;)

Fifth for a four-way?  I guess some of these youngsters have no handle on some of the flights of fantasy in which they may indulge as they grow :D

Usual congrats to.. er.. who was it who won?  Must have slipped my mind.  Well done Kristof, Ag, Stu and McK, and everyone else for making this one of the closer SOTMs (meaning some people got within spitting distance of Kristof... but he still took the chequered flag)

Written By: McKludge on 08/06/07 at 3:29 pm

McK would've won, too, if it wasn't for you medalling kids..

Grooaaan ... now that's an evil pun.  Thanks.

Check for new replies or respond here...