inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: July POTM Entry Thread

Written By: skittlesking on 08/02/07 at 7:35 pm

Remember, NO DQ's in this contest, but those who didn't vote in the previous round DO forfeit 20 points. . .and ANYONE involved in contests may vote even if they can't enter.

Rules for this contest

1.  Any Performance submitted during July 2007 is elligible

2. All Entrants must enter by August 7, 2007 at 11:59pm EST

3. Voting will end August 31, 2007 at 11:59pm EST

4. All Entrants must vote and comment on the recordings entered by the above date

5. All SOTM entrants past and present  are eligible to vote whether they enter this contest or not

6. All ABC1,2 or 3 entrants are eligible to vote whether they enter this contest or not

7. Once you enter a recording contest, you are eligible to vote in future comps whether or not you enter

8. Failure to vote by the deadline will result in forfeit of your points

9. All Prior POTM entrants are WELCOME TO VOTE

10. Songs featuring different vocalists are ok, but the entrants will be listed based on their WRITERS

11. Once You've Voted, You can not change your vote UNLESS your vote was invalid

12.  In the event of a tie, the song with the most 1st place wins
      If it is still tied, 2nd place
      If it is still tied, 3rd place
      If it is still tied, a Tie Breaker for one week into the following month will be held
      Only the Top 3 require a tie breaker.

13.  You can't vote for your own song

14. You can't vote for another song more than once in the same contest

Subject: Re: July POTM Entry Thread

Written By: philbo on 08/05/07 at 4:07 pm

I only have one this month... and I'm feeling a bit cheeky, 'cause I've entered the song before.  But I've added a video, and I'm sooooo pleased with the result, I'm afraid I've got to enter it again.

So try and judge this on the inordinate amount of time I spent getting the pictures in place, rather than the superlative quality of the soundtrack (OK, the somewhat rusty Johnny Cash impression)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9cy_o9YilQ

http://www.amiright.com/performances/items/performances_1184773906.shtml

Written By: skittlesking on 08/07/07 at 10:45 am

Remember, NO DQ's in this contest, but those who didn't vote in the previous round DO forfeit 20 points. . .and ANYONE involved in contests may vote even if they can't enter.

Rules for this contest

1.  Any Performance submitted during July 2007 is elligible

2. All Entrants must enter by August 7, 2007 at 11:59pm EST

3. Voting will end August 31, 2007 at 11:59pm EST

4. All Entrants must vote and comment on the recordings entered by the above date

5. All SOTM entrants past and present  are eligible to vote whether they enter this contest or not

6. All ABC1,2 or 3 entrants are eligible to vote whether they enter this contest or not

7. Once you enter a recording contest, you are eligible to vote in future comps whether or not you enter

8. Failure to vote by the deadline will result in forfeit of your points

9. All Prior POTM entrants are WELCOME TO VOTE

10. Songs featuring different vocalists are ok, but the entrants will be listed based on their WRITERS

11. Once You've Voted, You can not change your vote UNLESS your vote was invalid

12.  In the event of a tie, the song with the most 1st place wins
       If it is still tied, 2nd place
       If it is still tied, 3rd place
       If it is still tied, a Tie Breaker for one week into the following month will be held
       Only the Top 3 require a tie breaker.

13.  You can't vote for your own song

14. You can't vote for another song more than once in the same contest

Well, Phil, I think our podium likely hood is quite high. . .after all if there are only two entrants, we both podium:)

http://www.amiright.com/performances/items/performances_1183812152.shtml
http://www.badave.com/hosting/parody.php?st=20

He Likes Crotch, a Woman who has a crush on a Gay Guy, and how it just won't work for her.

Written By: Red Ant on 08/08/07 at 12:07 am

Friends In Strange Places

Ant

Check for new replies or respond here...