inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: July POTM Voting Thread **Results Posted, Last POTM complete**

Written By: skittlesking on 08/10/07 at 6:36 am

Welcome to the Performance of the Month AmIRight contest! Good luck to all contestants. . .this contest is open voting for all SOTM, POTM, and ABC current and past participants wether or not they have entered this contest.  The rules are fairly simple and mostly similar to other contests.  The difference, this contest is played with your ears instead of your eyes!

1. All voting will end promtly at the very end of the month.
2. All contestants currently in the POTM need to comment and vote on all contestants by that time
3. Failure to vote by the deadline will result in forfeit of your points
4. Failure to vote will result in a penalty of 20 points to be applied to the following month's contest (no DQs)
5. Once You've Voted, You can not change your vote UNLESS your vote was invalid
6.  In the event of a tie, procedures mentioned in the entry thread will be followed up to 10th place
7.  You can't vote for your own song
8. You can't vote for another song more than once in the same contest
9. This round has 6 entrants, so you get to vote for your TOP 2 (2 points for 1st, 1 for 2nd etc)
10. HAVE FUN

***ONLY 3 ENTRANTS IN THIS ONE, PICK THE TOP 2***

1. I've Got Body Hair (Video) by Phil Alexander
    The Video

2. He Likes Crotch by Below Average Dave
    Performance

3. Friends in Strange Places by Red Ant
    Performance

Subject: Re: July POTM Voting Thread

Written By: Red Ant on 08/10/07 at 9:19 pm

Despite only having to rank two songs this round, it was difficult none the less. My top vote goes to Phil  for putting the effort into making a video, as well as singing a much more difficult song IMO. Both were funny and well done performances. Dave did have the better backing track...

Ant

Written By: skittlesking on 08/28/07 at 10:05 am

Due to the Video and difficulty of the song, I'm going to have to say. . .

2 Points to Phil Alexander

1 Point to Red Ant

But as Red Ant said, this month both were strong entrants, just a very small field--at least we all podium by default. . .

Written By: philbo on 08/29/07 at 5:54 am

This is a bit weird, with just two songs to vote on.

Technically, nothing to choose between Dave's and Jack's recordings - all I can say is that I liked the one a bit more than the other, so:

2 points to Red Ant's friends
1 point to BAD's, er, unfortunate female friend

PS

...at least we all podium by default. . .

Ouch... since when has "podium" been a verb?  (

Written By: Red Ant on 08/29/07 at 5:48 pm

Ouch... since when has "podium" been a verb?  (

It's not: the words "make the" were left out, because they are implied.  ::)

Ant

Written By: skittlesking on 08/30/07 at 2:06 am

Phil Alexander won with 4 points

Red Ant finished 2nd with 3 Points

Below Average Dave got the default 2 Points

...Due to Lack of Participants, this will be the last POTM, at least the last one I Host. . .I Thank everyone who tried to make it work, maybe if recording keeps growing we'll give it another go. . .but the contest isn't holding steam . . .I don't really see a reason to continue a contest with such few participants. . .

Oh and Phil  ;) In reply to your comment, yeah I know, everyone has a different sense of humor, so I don't mind at all

Subject: Re: July POTM Voting Thread **Results Posted, Last POTM complete**

Written By: philbo on 08/30/07 at 5:50 am

:D  Thanks Ant and Dave.

Silly to say I felt really guilty submitting the same song as won one POTM, but there was so much more work in the video, and it was my only obvious chance of a compo for it.

...Due to Lack of Participants, this will be the last POTM, at least the last one I Host. . .I Thank everyone who tried to make it work, maybe if recording keeps growing we'll give it another go. . .but the contest isn't holding steam . . .I don't really see a reason to continue a contest with such few participants. . .

SOTM was down to 60% of usual entries this month, too - I think summer holiday times and people's routines change.  August one may be similarly down in terms of available entries, but I wouldn't mind betting on a bit of a revival come September.

Tell you what, I'll put up the entry thread, but with a quorum - any less than five (? does that sound about right?) entries, and we won't bother running the competition.  It's either that or drop comments on the eligible recording authors to try and drum up a little interest.

Oh and Phil  ;) In reply to your comment, yeah I know, everyone has a different sense of humor, so I don't mind at all

Thanks for putting my mind at rest.

Written By: skittlesking on 08/30/07 at 11:22 am

:D  Thanks Ant and Dave.

Silly to say I felt really guilty submitting the same song as won one POTM, but there was so much more work in the video, and it was my only obvious chance of a compo for it.
SOTM was down to 60% of usual entries this month, too - I think summer holiday times and people's routines change.  August one may be similarly down in terms of available entries, but I wouldn't mind betting on a bit of a revival come September.

Tell you what, I'll put up the entry thread, but with a quorum - any less than five (? does that sound about right?) entries, and we won't bother running the competition.  It's either that or drop comments on the eligible recording authors to try and drum up a little interest.
Thanks for putting my mind at rest.

I'll do my best to help you meet that five by entering myself, perhaps we should do that every month with the POTM. . . and months with less than 5 entrants will be joint months with the next month (If less than 5 join for August, The September contest will welcome any song submitted in August OR September). . .I think the POTM is really important I hope that it can be saved. . .Thanks buddy!

Written By: philbo on 08/30/07 at 12:08 pm

Yeah, like the lottery: have rollover months :)

..but I think we should put it to a vote (if there's only us to vote, it'll pass easily)

Written By: skittlesking on 08/30/07 at 12:10 pm

Yeah, like the lottery: have rollover months :)

..but I think we should put it to a vote (if there's only us to vote, it'll pass easily)

Yeah I agree to that. . .I vote yes also:)

Written By: Red Ant on 08/30/07 at 12:12 pm

Congrats, us!

I like the rollover idea: if there are less than x entrants, then the entry date extends for another month.

Ant

Check for new replies or respond here...