inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Pimp-A-Tune Contest!! CANCELLED

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 08/17/07 at 4:10 am

http://www.whoknew.us/images/pimp-daddy-purle.gif

Here's a little fun contest running for the rest of the year...

The aim of the contest is to "pimp" an original song that has NEVER been parodied on Amiright before; that is, you must convince other writers to parody one of your neglected favorites. It's a bit like the All-Request thread, but with a twist

The rules are thus:

1) The OS must never have been parodied on Amiright at the time of your nomination

2) You must be able to provide an audio link for the OS (Youtube is a good place to start)

3) Post the name of the song, the performer, a link to the lyrics, and an audio link. Then write a short paragraph explaining why you think the song should be parodied.

4) Choose a date when you would like to see the parodies posted on Amiright. I would recommend no less than a week after your nomination.

5) If, on that given date, the following 2 things occur:

* 3 or more people submit parodies of your OS, and
* At least 3 of those parodies gets at least one vote and comment (other than from yourself),

...you get 1 Pimp Point

EDIT:
You get an extra pimp point for each of the posted parodies that gets more than 5 votes

You get an extra 2 pimp points for each parody that gets more than 10 votes

However, to qualify for the extra pimp points, you still have have 3 parodies with 1 vote/comment

You can pimp as many songs as you like until 31st December

Come 31st December, the pimp with the most points is crowned "Pimp Of The Year", and will get a specially designed coffee mug as a prize from yours truly.

OK....GET PIMPIN'!!!!

:D :D :D

Subject: Re: Pimp-A-Tune Contest!!

Written By: Cat on 08/17/07 at 10:30 am

Heh heh heh...I'm going to take the Agri Route on this first nomination...

Anyway, my candidate is not only a song that's never been parodied, but a BAND that's never been parodied, either—I present to you "Tarred And Feathered" by Cardiacs!

Lyrics
YouTube

I'm not going to pretend to be a big fan of this band since I'm not, but what I've heard I really like. Thing is, this band—whose sound is often called "pronk" (progressive punk), but I compare them more to a British Devo—is notorious for not having their music readily available. Their catalog's out of print, so one must either pirate or pay upwards of $40 on eBay to obtain their albums. But there's a lot of their stuff on YouTube, fortunately, and from what I've seen, they have some of the most RABID fans ever!

Anyway, the reason I think it should be parodied is because what Kristof said about the "parodist's curse" is 100% true—the first time I heard this song and heard the incredibly fast singing at the beginning, I thought, "My god, this would be murder to parody." Fortunately, it's a fairly short song and the second half is far slower. But even though I've so kindly provided you with a lyric sheet, it is essential that you watch the YouTube video to properly pace the first half. And in general, it's a good weird song, and weird songs don't get enough exposure on AmIRight.

As for the date, I'll give you people until August 31, since I'm nice. Two weeks.

There we go! And I'm actually rather curious to see what Agri could do with this, since it seems right up his alley.

Written By: agrimorfee on 08/17/07 at 11:39 am

Gulp, I have created a monster! :o

EDIT: I giggled from the get-go of this video. Wow! This might be my new favorite band!  8)  (Why does the lead singer sound exactly like Pinky!? Do they always look so ill? ;D What's with that "I Wanna Be Adored"-groove on "Is This The Life?"  ???)

Will have to think about this one...

Written By: Matthias on 08/18/07 at 9:43 pm

Song: "Business Time"
Artist: Flight of the Concords

I'm not only pimping a new song, but a new artist to go along with it. My friend introduced me to these guys, and I was glad he did. I thought that they were absolutely histariacal. I myself was going to parody this song before this contest came up, so I said to myself. "Hell, Why not give other people the chance to listen to these funny New Zealand Folk Parody performers". This song is hard, because it's always hard to make comedy even more comedic, but it is doable, and the people who do it should be rewarded, and being the ones to introduce a new song to the Amiright World is award enough for me. So this is my challenge. If anybody is willing to take it on, they can be my guest.

The reason why I think it should be parodied is because comedies are harder than most serious songs to parody, because they are already so funny. Thus you must have some serious skills to pull these off, and make them even better than the original. It's a tough job, but I think you guys can do it.

Two weeks from todays date: September 1st should suffice for enough time to get your parody done.

Youtube Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGOohBytKTU&mode=related&search=
Lyrics:  http://artists.letssingit.com/flight-of-the-conchords-lyrics-business-time-gr6mzvt

Written By: Matthias on 08/18/07 at 9:45 pm

I agree with Agrimorfee!!! Amazing choice Cat!!!! And he really does sound like Pinky, That's spooky.

Written By: Red Ant on 08/18/07 at 11:06 pm

1) Much to my surprise, the Grateful Dead's only hit "Touch of Grey" has never been parodied before.

2) Here's the video to the full version:

Touch of Grey

2) No links to the lyrics since the only site that had the full version had them formatted horribly... the (mostly correct) lyrics to this semi-epic:

Must be getting early
Clocks are running late
Paint by Number morning sky
Looks so phony

Dawn is breaking everywhere
Light a candle, curse the glare
Draw the curtains I don't care
cause - it's all right

I will get by
I will get by
I will get by...
I will survive

I see you've got your list out
Say your piece and get out
Yes I get the gist of it
but - it's all right

Sorry that you feel that way
The only thing there is to say
Every silver lining's got a
Touch of grey

I will get by
I will get by
I will get by...
I will survive

It's a lesson to me
The Ables and the Beggars and the Cs
The ABC's
We all must face
To try to keep a little grace

~~solo~~

It's a lesson to me
The Deltas and the East and the Freeze
The ABC's
We all think of
To try to win a little love

I know the rent is in arrears
The dog has not been fed in years
It's even worse than it appears
But it's all right

Cow is giving kerosene
Kid can't read at seventeen
The words he knows are all obscene
But - It's all right

I will get by
I will get by
I will get by...
I will survive

The shoe is on the hand it fits
There's really nothing much to it
Whistle through your teeth and spit,
'cause - it's all right

Oh well a touch of grey
Kinda suits you anyway
That was all I had to say
and - it's all right

I will get by
I will get by
I will get by...
I will survive

We will get by
we will get by
we will get by...
we will survive.

We will get by
we will get by
we will get by...
we will survive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'd like to see this OS done because, while the GD are sorta overrated, the MTV video (which skips one of the "ABC" verses)  was very original and introduced the band to a whole new audience, me included. It's also looks like a fun song to do.

Not only would this be the first submission of this song, it will (I think) be the first submission of any 80s+ Grateful Dead song. For a band that had an enormous following in concert tours, they have only 46 total parodies on the site.

Since this is a fairly long OS, I'm giving until Friday, September 14th to complete it (just shy of three weeks).

Paul Robinson and Alvin Rhodes appear to be the resident Grateful Dead gurus here, so I'm sure whoever tackles this OS will probably get comments from them (as well as me).

Ant

PS: Here's the original (and abbreviated) music video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NEE8oURdM0

Written By: Red Ant on 08/18/07 at 11:22 pm

I wanted to pimp The Wet Spots' "Do You Take It?", but I can't find any printed lyrics, and the YouTube video is (rightfully) flagged as adult, so you'd need an account. It's funny as hell, though. Think something along the lines of "Be Our Guest" gone very wrong, lol.

Ant

Written By: Matthias on 08/19/07 at 9:49 am

How do we get more than one pimp point? Like if six people posted the song and there were six comments? Or are we allowed to nominate another song? Because if we only get 1 pimp point then the Pimp of the Year would be a tie....

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 08/19/07 at 1:14 pm

How do we get more than one pimp point? Like if six people posted the song and there were six comments? Or are we allowed to nominate another song? Because if we only get 1 pimp point then the Pimp of the Year would be a tie....

See the rule addition in the original post, Matty.....  :D

Written By: Cat on 08/20/07 at 7:48 pm

I think I might take a shot at "Touch Of Grey"—it does look fun. I've even got a title: "Pepper Spray!"

Written By: agrimorfee on 08/21/07 at 7:51 am

OK, an official entry from me since this crazy idea for a contest seems to have gained some momentum.

I'm pimping a tune called "Buckingham Green" by the merry music pranksters Ween. There is only ONE STINKIN' parody of Ween music on Amiright, and dosh garn it, we need more. I have chosen this song for its brevity, its vast potential for rhyming, and how the over-the-top music could inspire big hunks of humor. I could have been a jerk and chosen their more infamous hit "Push The Lil' Daisies", which for many folks is too annoying to listen to, let alone parody! If you never heard Ween before, be prepared for a great tune! You have until September 4th, or the deal dies dudes and dudettes. ;D

So here is Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnriPwC2ydM

And here are the lyrics:
A child without an eye
Made her mother cry
Why ask why?
She kept her child clean
On Buckingham Green

The children saw the eye
As a sign from God decending from the sky
It was alright to dream
Of Buckingham Green

Summon the queen
Spoke the child of eye
It's time to fly
turning fire to steam
On Buckingham Green

A child without an eye
Made her mother cry
Why ask why?
She kept her child clean
On Buckingham Green

Written By: agrimorfee on 08/21/07 at 8:33 am

Heh heh heh...I'm going to take the Agri Route on this first nomination...

Anyway, my candidate is not only a song that's never been parodied, but a BAND that's never been parodied, either—I present to you "Tarred And Feathered" by Cardiacs!

Lyrics
YouTube

There we go! And I'm actually rather curious to see what Agri could do with this, since it seems right up his alley.

TADAH!
http://www.amiright.com/parody/90s/cardiacs0.shtml

Written By: Matthias on 08/21/07 at 10:36 am

Sounds very Pink Floyd-esque Agrimorfee. I have an idea for a parody... I'll probably work on it over the next few days

Written By: philbo on 08/21/07 at 12:21 pm

I'm pimping a tune called "Buckingham Green" by the merry music pranksters Ween.

Well, that one broke all records for me: it took less time to write than the song is long (well, there is that guitar solo bit in the middle).

Written By: philbo on 08/21/07 at 12:30 pm

Had a thought for a song to be pimped, too... seems like there are no Triumph parodies at amiright, yet, either:

Lay It On The Line (the first Triumph song I can remember hearing, and a cracker it is, too)

YouTube - album version (there seem to be a few live versions, too, but they go on for hours ;) )

It's the same old story all over again
You turn a lover into just another friend
I want to love you,
I want to make you mine
Won't you lay it on the line?
I'm tired of playing all your foolish games
I'm tired of all of your lies making me insane
I don’t ask for much
The truth will do just fine
Won't you lay it on the line

CHORUS:
Lay it on the line
Lay it on the line
Lay it on the line
Don't waste my time

You got no right to make me wait
We better talk, girl, before it gets too late
I never ever thought you could be so unkind

CHORUS

You know I love you, you know it's true
It's up to you, girl, what've I got to do
Don't hold me up, girl, don't waste my precious time

CHORUS

I think this song should be parodied 'cause it's a great tune but the lyrics are clichéd and crap. I'm sure somebody here can turn it into something truly worthwhile (incidentally, this reason is why I didn't choose "Just a Game" from the same album - another classic bit of 70s rock, but lyrically far superior; "Wizards of a modern age cast spells of electric power/While the corporate strings that make them dance lead up to an ivory tower"... OK, maybe not ;) ))

Modified to add:
Please try and tune any Triumph submissions to hit Amiright on Monday, September 3rd.  Best of luck :D

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 08/21/07 at 12:35 pm

TADAH!
http://www.amiright.com/parody/90s/cardiacs0.shtml

Arrrkk! Agri, as impressive as your speedy turnaround is, let me direct you back to the rules, dude:

4) Choose a date when you would like to see the parodies posted on Amiright. I would recommend no less than a week after your nomination.

* At least 3 of those parodies gets at least one vote and comment (other than from yourself),

...please note the words "when"...not "before which"; and "on" instead of "before"  ???

The idea (obviously not made clear enough by yours truly) was to have the pimped tunes presented ON THE SAME day; the reasoning behind this  being that a reader will initially think "oh! I've never seen THAT OS parodied before" followed by "Double Oh! There's (at least) three of 'em! I better check them out, and possibly check out the OS as well".....

So, thanks dude for entering the contest with such gusto, but if you could be less premature in the future (I dunno; think of your mother-in-law or something...)  ;)

Written By: philbo on 08/21/07 at 12:43 pm

...please note the words "when"...not "before which"; and "on" instead of "before"  ???

The idea (obviously not made clear enough by yours truly) was to have the pimped tunes presented ON THE SAME day; the reasoning behind this  being that a reader will initially think "oh! I've never seen THAT OS parodied before" followed by "Double Oh! There's (at least) three of 'em! I better check them out, and possibly check out the OS as well".....

Oh, bugger... looks like I've had a case of premature submission (having prostituted myself for Ag's Ween pimping).

Also haven't suggested a date for my bit of pimping. Will go and change that pronto.

Written By: Cat on 08/21/07 at 1:00 pm

Aw sheez, Kris...that's a whole new barrel of fish.

Oh well, this solves the dilemma I was having earlier of what my SOTM submission for August should be should I finish "Pepper Spray" early! :P

But wait—does this DQ Agri?

Written By: agrimorfee on 08/21/07 at 1:10 pm

Arrrkk! Agri, as impressive as your speedy turnaround is, let me direct you back to the rules, dude:

...please note the words "when"...not "before which"; and "on" instead of "before"  ???

The idea (obviously not made clear enough by yours truly) was to have the pimped tunes presented ON THE SAME day; the reasoning behind this  being that a reader will initially think "oh! I've never seen THAT OS parodied before" followed by "Double Oh! There's (at least) three of 'em! I better check them out, and possibly check out the OS as well".....

So, thanks dude for entering the contest with such gusto, but if you could be less premature in the future (I dunno; think of your mother-in-law or something...)  ;)

Oh i see sez the blind man.  ::)

I can understand your reasoning behind this...but how do you expect people to turn in parodies on a certain date? Think about forces of nature and unforeseen calamities. Submissions are more under the power of the Amiright editors than the authors themselves.

Let me give you some further insight into this with hypothetical situations and my own personal experiences.

I am only able to submit works at certain points of the day...typically 7:30am or during the noon hour...I often have to leave my office by 5pm...and then I have to figure in that I have no other pressing errands to do during those times.

Then the turnaround time from my clicking Enter to the time it shows up on the New Entry page USUALLY has been 24 hours.

Or sometimes 3-4 hours after I clicked Enter.

Or maybe 48 hours later, for whatever reason...maybe Chucky's computer collapses mid-way through and he can't finish putting the submissions left in the queue up. Or maybe Chucky's provider is futzing up again.

There's just too many variables for this, methinks.

EDIT: At this point,other participants seemed to have been confused about how this would work (amiright Cat, Philbo?). It made sense to have a time limit for the date, but only for being able to complete the work in a reasonable amount of time (like with SOTM and ABC)

Written By: philbo on 08/21/07 at 1:24 pm

EDIT: At this point,other participants seemed to have been confused about how this would work (amiright Cat, Philbo?). It made sense to have a time limit for the date, but only for being able to complete the work in a reasonable amount of time (like with SOTM and ABC)

Yeah, and n00bs often get SOTM contest rules wrong, too: but in this case, I really rather jumped the gun, in that I read the thread from the bottom up... by the time I read all of Kristof's rules, I'd posted the Buckingham Green parody.

I do see what Kristof's trying to achieve, though: the idea being that you're going to find out how successful a pimp you are in one hit... no dribble of occasional submissions & chances to egg people on.  Thinking about it, you definitely don't want people like me saying "I've done it!", 'cause that gives the game away in equal measure.

To really make it work, you need to get all us authors to sit on our respective hands and try and get their submissions in over as short a period as possible (ISTM that two or three days would be enough to maybe even give a little extra tension in the "release" process)

Hey, Kristof - here's another thought: what about "John" points for the punters who accept the pimps', er, offerings?

Written By: Cat on 08/21/07 at 3:13 pm

Hey, Kristof - here's another thought: what about "John" points for the punters who accept the pimps', er, offerings?

Ewwww...by that logic, I've just solicited wares from Jerry Garcia's zombie. *blocks mental image*  ::)

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 08/23/07 at 3:25 am

Oh i see sez the blind man.  ::)

I can understand your reasoning behind this...but how do you expect people to turn in parodies on a certain date? Think about forces of nature and unforeseen calamities. Submissions are more under the power of the Amiright editors than the authors themselves.

Let me give you some further insight into this with hypothetical situations and my own personal experiences.

I am only able to submit works at certain points of the day...typically 7:30am or during the noon hour...I often have to leave my office by 5pm...and then I have to figure in that I have no other pressing errands to do during those times.

Then the turnaround time from my clicking Enter to the time it shows up on the New Entry page USUALLY has been 24 hours.

Or sometimes 3-4 hours after I clicked Enter.

Or maybe 48 hours later, for whatever reason...maybe Chucky's computer collapses mid-way through and he can't finish putting the submissions left in the queue up. Or maybe Chucky's provider is futzing up again.

There's just too many variables for this, methinks.

Point well made, Agri....so I'm prepared to give a 1 day extension to the date (i.e. the day after) to take into consideration posting delays. Ideally I would like all the parodies up on the same day, but concede that this is sometimes not possible. The other option is that, if you know you're going to have trouble submitting for the given date, you can always PM the finished parody to me and I'll post it for you. Problem solved!!!

(Just to put this into context: in the 3 1/2 years I've been on Amiright, only twice have I not got my parody/ies up on the date that I wanted them up)

I thought about that, Phil...Johns should be rewarded too. I'll formulate a plan for Johns and put it up ASAP

I also like your comment about keeping the John's submissions secret until the day: a little added frisson is no bad thing. I'll amend the rule to reflect this

Whew! Now I know why I don't start up comps all that often....

;)

Written By: philbo on 08/23/07 at 8:49 am

Whew! Now I know why I don't start up comps all that often....

;)

I know what you mean - especially ones that are a little different to the SOTM/ABC formats, there's always something that needs a bit more thought.

Incidentally, I think you may have missed this post (last one on the first page of this thread) - submitted just as you were writing the following post, I guess.

Incidentally, I've already submitted to Ag's pimping (so to speak) on his Ween wequest - is this going to become invalid?  I know, questions, questions...

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 08/23/07 at 9:37 am

I know what you mean - especially ones that are a little different to the SOTM/ABC formats, there's always something that needs a bit more thought.

Incidentally, I think you may have missed this post (last one on the first page of this thread) - submitted just as you were writing the following post, I guess.

Incidentally, I've already submitted to Ag's pimping (so to speak) on his Ween wequest - is this going to become invalid?  I know, questions, questions...

Since the contest has required a little tweaking and clarifying in it's embryonic form, I've no problems letting yours and Agri's submissions through...but the respective pimps still need two more Johns each.... ;)

I've just seen your addition; I'll add it to the calendar. I'm also going to post the links on that thread too (where there's no lyric site, I'll just redirect back to this thread)

I'm glad my IRL job isn't this complicated.....

Written By: agrimorfee on 08/23/07 at 11:34 am

I hope more than 5 people will join in as well! :-\\

Written By: zymurgea on 08/23/07 at 12:32 pm

This one is from my favorite on line comix: http://www.lfgcomic.com/

They are currently working on a film version and on their site they link Richard the Wizard singing "Slaughter Your World"
to the tune of a Little Mermaid's "Part of Your World".

Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcbazH6aE2g

And here are the lyrics:

Excitement abounds
I almost can't wait
Relax, I don't want your baby
I already ate
Though I do tend to generally kill
Kill things that don't fight back

I see this village
What does it hold?
What shall I butcher them with
Fire or cold?
Running from me sure you'd think
'He's a pathological bloodthirsty homicidal maniac!'

I'd kill kittens and puppies and bunnies
I'd maim toddlers and teens and then more
You see a wife?  I see a widow
But what then?
Can't you see?
I'd kill four!

I want to incinerate and decapitate
I want to melt
Want to melt some faces
Watching the peasants...what do they call it?
Ahh...grieve!
I suppose that being undead there's not much to life
A soul is needed for loving...feeling...
How does this all not make me...what's that word again?
Heave!

You've nowhere to hide
Nowhere to run
Your village will burn like the heart of the sun!
With infinite glee
It's going to be me
That slaughters the world!

How could I glare into these eyes
And then not stab them?
How could I stare at their loss
And then not laugh?
I'd cut him in half
Then I'd graft
His head back onto his shoulders
Or after I'd lop it
I'd make a puppet
On top of a staff!

I am a lord that is sometimes bored
Have some urges and need to fulfill them
After my mayhem I simply don't...what's the word?
Care!
The stench in the air
The smell of the gore
The carnage far greater than any war
My legacy
Death becomes...me!
I'll slaughter the world

Excellent!

Written By: agrimorfee on 08/23/07 at 12:42 pm

And me and Phil had problems reading the rules... ::)

Written By: agrimorfee on 08/24/07 at 10:56 am

2nd Nomination For Pimping

Annie Lennox "No More I Love Yous"

The title alone is ripe for a very obvious substitution, but I'm sure the geniuses of Amiright can dream of something else! No one seems to have done an Annie Lennox slow tempo tune here. What can be done with this pretty tune so it can be loused up for all the world to enjoy?  :D
EDIT: Enter by September 7th or it's no more I love yous.  ;D

The Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsl2O2H7g1c

The lyrics (which I never paid attention to until now...yikes, what's with all these monsters then?  :o)
Do be do be do do do oh
Do be do be do do do oh

I used to be a lunatic from the gracious days
I used to feel woebegone and so restless nights
My aching heart would bleed for you to see

1-Oh, but now

I don't find myself bouncing home
Whistling buttonhole tunes to make me cry

No more I love you's
The language is leaving me
No more i love you's changes are shifting
Outside the words

No one ever speaks about the monsters

I used to have demons in my room at night
Desire, despair, desire
So many monsters
(rpt 1)

2-No more i love you's
No more i love you's
The language is leaving me in silence
No more i love you's
Changes are shifting outside the words

And people are being real crazy
And you know what mommy?
Everybody was being real crazy
And the monsters are crazy.
There are monsters outside
(rpt 2, 2,...)

Do be do be do do do oh
Outside the words

Written By: Matthias on 08/24/07 at 1:43 pm

2nd Nomination For Pimping

Annie Lennox "No More I Love Yous"

The title alone is ripe for a very obvious substitution, but I'm sure the geniuses of Amiright can dream of something else! No one seems to have done an Annie Lennox slow tempo tune here. What can be done with this pretty tune so it can be loused up for all the world to enjoy?  :D

The Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsl2O2H7g1c

The lyrics (which I never paid attention to until now...yikes, what's with all these monsters then?  :o)
Do be do be do do do oh
Do be do be do do do oh

I used to be a lunatic from the gracious days
I used to feel woebegone and so restless nights
My aching heart would bleed for you to see

1-Oh, but now

I don't find myself bouncing home
Whistling buttonhole tunes to make me cry

No more I love you's
No more i love you's changes are shifting
Outside the words

No one ever speaks about the monsters

I used to have demons in my room at night
Desire, despair, desire
So many monsters
(rpt 1)

2-No more i love you's
No more i love you's
The language is leaving me in silence
No more i love you's
Changes are shifting outside the words

And people are being real crazy
And you know what mommy?
Everybody was being real crazy
And the monsters are crazy.
There are monsters outside
(rpt 2, 2,...)

Do be do be do do do oh
Outside the words

When's the deadline for this one?

Written By: agrimorfee on 08/24/07 at 2:01 pm

When's the deadline for this one?

Sorry, I remembered during lunch...will go back and edit.

Written By: Matthias on 08/24/07 at 3:02 pm

As for my 2nd bit of pimping

Artist: The Dresdon Dolls
Song: Coin Operated Boy

- The reason I'm pimping this song is because it's one of the most entertaining songs that I know. It's also somewhat popular although it hasn't been done before. The hard part of this song is coming up with a good title-sub, but if you have a good idea for this song then it should be rather easy to do. I would so this song, but I honestly can't think of anything G-Rated to parody this with. The only idea I have for this song is, "Church Alter-native Boy".... But.... That's more of a Whatfreaks idea since this song is about sex, Dildos to be exact.

Youtube Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAnyYTjjhJ0

Lyrics

coin operated boy
sitting on the shelf he is just a toy
but i turn him on and he comes to life
automatic joy
that is why i want a coin operated boy

made of plastic and elastic
he is rugged and long-lasting
who could ever ever ask for more
love without complications galore
many shapes and weights to choose from
i will never leave my bedroom
i will never cry at night again
wrap my arms around him and pretend....

coin operated boy
all the other real ones that i destroy
cannot hold a candle to my new boy and i'll
never let him go and i'll never be alone
not with my coin operated boy......

this bridge was written to make you feel smittener
with my sad picture of girl getting bitterer
can you extract me from my plastic fantasy
i didnt think so but im still convinceable
will you persist even after i bet you
a billion dollars that i'll never love you
will you persist even after i kiss you
goodbye for the last time
will you keep on trying to prove it?
i'm dying to lose it...
i want it
i want you
i want a coin operated boy.

and if i had a star to wish on
for my life i cant imagine
any flesh and blood could be his match
i can even take him in the bath

coin operated boy
he may not be real experienced with girls
but i know he feels like a boy should feel
isnt that the point that is why i want a
coin operated boy
with his pretty coin operated voice
saying that he loves me that hes thinking of me
straight and to the point
that is why i want
a coin operated boy.

Due Date: September 6th

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 08/24/07 at 6:04 pm

This one is from my favorite on line comix: http://www.lfgcomic.com/

They are currently working on a film version and on their site they link Richard the Wizard singing "Slaughter Your World"
to the tune of a Little Mermaid's "Part of Your World".

Zymurgea, this is actually already a parody of an original tune that has been done many times on Amiright, so unfortunately can't be entered into the contest. Sorry, but thanks for taking an interest. Check out the rules; you're more than welcome to pimp another OS!!

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 08/24/07 at 6:12 pm

Well, after careful consideration...here's my first pimp

Artist: The White Stripes
Track: Icky Thump

Lyrics and Youtube video

The title track off the new album, so a very new tune, but one that I would like to see become an Amiright staple in years to come. Why?
Obtuse lyrics, a challenging meter with quadruple rhymes featured, and just a lovely unhinged ambience (quintessential Jack White, in fact) that just begs to be parodied. And "Icky Thump" as a title is inviting a skewering!
I'd LOVE to see what y'all come up with for this'n....don't let me down!!!!!

Written By: Matthias on 08/24/07 at 6:14 pm

Well, after careful consideration...here's my first pimp

Artist: The White Stripes
Track: Icky Thump

Lyrics and Youtube video

The title track off the new album, so a very new tune, but one that I would like to see become an Amiright staple in years to come. Why?
Obtuse lyrics, a challenging meter with quadruple rhymes featured, and just a lovely unhinged ambience (quintessential Jack White, in fact) that just begs to be parodied. And "Icky Thump" as a title is inviting a skewering!
I'd LOVE to see what y'all come up with for this'n....don't let me down!!!!!

But when would you like to see this done?

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 08/24/07 at 6:19 pm

But when would you like to see this done?

Man, you're quick Matty...I litrerally came back a minute after posting this because i realised I left the date off. Wednesday 10th September is the date I doth choose!

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 08/24/07 at 6:26 pm

Oh, btw, Matty....I LOVE  Flight Of The Conchordes! I've watched all the Youtube videos now thanks to your introduction, and I haven't laughed so much in ages. Fave was "Jenny" followed by "Business Time", but they're all great.
I am 100% certain I couldn't write a parody funnier than the original, but may have a go....thanks for the intro, dude.

Written By: Matthias on 08/24/07 at 8:15 pm

Of those 3 or more people would the pimp count as one if they did a parody of his own song???

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 08/25/07 at 1:09 pm

Of those 3 or more people would the pimp count as one if they did a parody of his own song???

Nice try, Matty...but no. You can do a parody yourself, but it wouldn't be counted towards the total.

Written By: Matthias on 08/27/07 at 8:56 pm

I've just completed Cat's challange... Now to wait till Thursday until I can submit it..... Man, This is gonna be rough. I really want to hear some feedback on this one.

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 09/19/07 at 6:11 am

NOTE: Contest postponed indefinitely due to lack of interest.....it may return in the new year

Check for new replies or respond here...