inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: July SOTM Winners!!!

Written By: Matthias on 09/01/07 at 12:38 am

And without futher adu here are the winners of the July, 2007 SOTM

In 1st place with 35 points is....
Agrimorfee and his hit "Won't You Make It Snow?"

In 2nd place with 31 points is...
Stuart McArthur and his hit "Very, Very Sensible"

In 3rd place with 30 points is...
Kristof Robertson and his hit "Your Mom"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4th Place: Phil Alexander (26 points)
5th Place: Red Ant (21 points)
6th Place: Conquerer_Of_Parodies (14 points)
7th Place: Matthias (13 points)
8th Place: Wannabemustangjockey (4 points)
9th Place: Jack Wilson (3 points)
9th Place: Peter Andersson a.k.a K1chyd (3 points)

Honerable Mentions to: Max Power and Below Average Dave

Subject: Re: July SOTM Winners!!!

Written By: Matthias on 09/01/07 at 12:40 am

Hats off to Santa Claus, Mrs. Brady, and... Your Mom  :D

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 09/01/07 at 12:55 am

Congrats to Agrimorfee for your second SOTM gold medal - in fact I'm taking the kids snow-skiing tomorrow and the white stuff is a little sparse on the mountain, so I'm sure they'll all be singing your parody the whole journey up - the kids just love Bob Dylan's quirky metre :-\\

and congrats also to that witty eagle-eyed denizen of kinky suburbia, Kristof

and thanks for my votes everyone

see youse all (back) in August :)

Written By: ThaConqueror on 09/01/07 at 3:09 am

I got 6th? 6TH?! WHo saw that one coming? W00tness for me!

Oh, and congrats to Kristof, Stu and Agrimorfee of course ;)

Written By: philbo on 09/01/07 at 10:38 am

I'm getting this sense of deja vu... congrats Agri, Stu & Kristof :D

Written By: Cat on 09/01/07 at 7:13 pm

Congrats Agri, Stu and Kris!!! :D

Oh, and on a side note, the winners list hasn't been updated since the April SOTM. Think we ought to give Claude a little poke? ;)

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 09/03/07 at 4:06 pm

A belated thank you to all who voted my mom into bronze.....she'll be so happy!  :o

Big congrats to Messrs McArthur and Morfee....brilliant work, chaps!!

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 09/03/07 at 5:18 pm

Congrats Agri, Stu and Kris!!! :D

Oh, and on a side note, the winners list hasn't been updated since the April SOTM. Think we ought to give Claude a little poke? ;)

thanks Cat

and re the winners list, as much as I'd like to be seen as the last ever SOTM winner by the universe, alas it isn't the case and the winners list does need updating.

However Claude doesn't visit these shores much and understandably has lost interest in the SOTMs (despite his much-decorated history in them), so it's too much to expect him to revisit us each month to update our list for us.

Solution: I will copy and paste the winners list into a new thread that I'll start and then ask Chucky to redirect the link to the new thread (with Claude's permision of course, but he's indicated to me recently that that wouldn't be a problem).

Watch this (er that) space.

Written By: skittlesking on 09/03/07 at 5:58 pm

thanks Cat

and re the winners list, as much as I'd like to be seen as the last ever SOTM winner by the universe, alas it isn't the case and the winners list does need updating.

However Claude doesn't visit these shores much and understandably has lost interest in the SOTMs (despite his much-decorated history in them), so it's too much to expect him to revisit us each month to update our list for us.

Solution: I will copy and paste the winners list into a new thread that I'll start and then ask Chucky to redirect the link to the new thread (with Claude's permision of course, but he's indicated to me recently that that wouldn't be a problem).

I am working on the website version of this list (It is actually already built and live BUT I'm still entering all the old info as it is far more inclusive than the thread was. . .)  I will keep you all updated on said status of the site as requested by Stu. . .

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 09/03/07 at 7:36 pm

I am working on the website version of this list (It is actually already built and live BUT I'm still entering all the old info as it is far more inclusive than the thread was. . .)  I will keep you all updated on said status of the site as requested by Stu. . .

thanks Dave - looking forward to seeing that, and I'll post a link to that website from the SOTM winners list thread which I am currently reworking and posting

Written By: Red Ant on 09/03/07 at 7:46 pm

Congrats to Aggy, Stu and Kristof. And to everyone else. It's been a pleasure.

Ant

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 09/03/07 at 8:41 pm

It's been a pleasure.

Ant

I don't like the "finality" sound of that, Jack - you're not pulling out of entering the SOTMs are you?
???

Written By: Cat on 09/03/07 at 10:01 pm

thanks Cat

Ah, that's great!

But you don't suppose you should make it a sticky thread so it doesn't drift away?

Written By: skittlesking on 09/03/07 at 10:08 pm

Ah, that's great!

But you don't suppose you should make it a sticky thread so it doesn't drift away?

I believe Jack (Red Ant) can still do that, he is who made my organizing thread sticky.

Written By: Red Ant on 09/03/07 at 10:12 pm

I believe Jack (Red Ant) can still do that, he is who made my organizing thread sticky.

Done. And great work to Stu for finding it again and doing the updates (all the links work now as well). And to Claude for keeping it up for so long.

Stu, I'll PM ya.

Ant

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 09/03/07 at 10:42 pm

I soon discovered that one of the reasons Claude may have given up on it was that the thread had reached its 3000 word limit.  That's why I had to post it up as 4 posts on the 1 thread (it took me back to the "Pirates Who Penstanzas" days) - which still gives the same effect.

Each year I'll rethread it so the current year's results are always the first post.

Written By: Red Ant on 09/03/07 at 11:06 pm

I soon discovered that one of the reasons Claude may have given up on it was that the thread had reached its 3000 word limit.  That's why I had to post it up as 4 posts on the 1 thread (it took me back to the "Pirates Who Penstanzas" days) - which still gives the same effect.

Each year I'll rethread it so the current year's results are always the first post.

Actually, it's a 30,000 word limit. I can't believe that was reached, but the links might have done it. It looks better separated by year anyway, IMO.

Ant

Written By: skittlesking on 09/03/07 at 11:18 pm

Well the new website is coming along VERY well. . .The hardest months (Jan-Mar 04) are entered, doing April now. . .

Written By: agrimorfee on 09/04/07 at 7:36 am

WOO WOO!

Thank you all for your votes!

Congrats to my podium-sharers!

Check for new replies or respond here...