inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Artistry Round 11 (Skyhooks) RESULTS POSTED

Written By: skittlesking on 09/28/07 at 1:27 pm

Skyhooks

As stated prior to this thread, VOTING is worth points.  If you vote and did not enter this contest, you will get 3 points towards the overall 5year standings in the Artistry contest.  When you vote as an entrant in this round, you recieve 5 points for voting. . .that means no one who votes ends with no points. . . .

Anyway, the rules are pretty similar to other contests.  This is round 11 so please know that ALL rounds will count EQUALLY toward the final standings, and NO rounds will be omitted from the final total.

Please know I do track Honorable Mentions as well.  Thank You.  They are the final tie breaker if all other tie breakers fail.

1. All participants must comment on all entrants and vote by the deadline, which for this rounds is October 11th,  2007.  Failure to vote will forfeit all points from this round, and if that is less than 20 points, the difference will be forfeited in the following round (No Disqualifications)

2. Voting will take place by replying to this thread

3. If a person withdraws from an Artistry Round prior to the end of a round, all entrants who voted for that person's entry will be permitted to pick one new song to earn a bonus point, all other songs will be realigned accordingly.  There will be no penalty on those who don't change their vote.

4. Once a vote is posted, it cannot be changed UNLESS rule 3 applies OR there was a double-vote by accident.

5. Late entries will be accepted until the 1st vote has been posted.

6. The deadline is a strict deadline, the moment the date has reached the day after the deadline, no votes will count, this is to reduce last minute voting, or sympathy/favoritism towards different entrants.

7. We ask that any entrant who posts a link to his/her original song (source of parody) not be DKTOS for the contest.

8. All other basic competition rules as applied in other competitions are generally followed.  The rules may not be changed or altered unless two/thirds of those voting in a round where a rule change is requested agrees.  Rules may be added by host (Below Average Dave) if it was a rule in the ABC or SOTM contest that was thought to be common knowledge, but not known by a particular entrant.

Deadline:
EST (New York) October 11th at midnight
Central (St. Louis): October 11th at 11pm
Mountain (Denver): October 11th at 10pm
Pacific (Los Angeles): October 11th  at 9pm
Sydney, AUS: October 12th at 2pm
The UK: October 12th at 5am

WITHOUT FURTHER ADU, The Contestants for Round 11, Skyhooks Are:

1. Cheetos by Agrimorfee
    Ego is Not a Dirty Word Video

2. Living Like I'm 70 by Matthias
    Living in the 70's Video

3. Phut! by The Conqueror of Parodies
    Smut Video

4. The Other Side by Rex Ungericht
    The Other Side Video

5. All My Friends Are Getting Scary by Below Average Dave
    All My Friends Are Getting Married Video

6. Trouble With the Computer by Jack Wilson
    Trouble With the Computer Video

7. Living In The 70's (in hindsight) by Stu McArthur
    Living in the 70's Video

8. Indiana Jones (Written in Cuneiform!) by Syncronos
  Women In Uniform Video

IMPORTANT: You can enter UNTIL the first person has cast his/her vote. . .it is at that point the entry list is final. . .

Alright Guys, Everyone who votes should pick a top 5, those who aren't in this round but think they may enter a future round or have entered a past round may vote to earn 3 points. . .and remember, if you missed the entry date, you can still enter if it's before the first vote gets cast.

Subject: Re: Artistry Round 11 (Skyhooks) Voting Deadline 10/11

Written By: Matthias on 09/28/07 at 1:29 pm

Stuart's not posting his Skyhooks parody?  ???

Written By: skittlesking on 09/28/07 at 1:30 pm

Stuart's not posting his Skyhooks parody?  ???

He did, I just missed it cause it was posted in a quote:)

It's there now

Written By: Syncronos on 09/28/07 at 4:55 pm

Mine will be up tomorrow:

Indiana Jones (Written in Cuneiform!)

Written By: ThaConqueror on 10/01/07 at 3:07 am

Not voting yet, but I thought I'd let everyone know which smeghead put this group into Artistry. None other than...THE CHARNSTAR!

Another Australian, typically.

Written By: skittlesking on 10/01/07 at 3:44 am

Not voting yet, but I thought I'd let everyone know which smeghead put this group into Artistry. None other than...THE CHARNSTAR!

Another Australian, typically.

And he didn't even enter it. . .dannit. . .oh well, Skyhooks prior to us had all of two parodies under their name, now they have 10

Written By: agrimorfee on 10/01/07 at 12:58 pm

5pts=Syncronos
4pts=Matthias
3pts=Rex
2pts=Stu
1pt=B.A.D.

For all of the pissing and moaning we collectively gave this round, I gotta give a tip of the top hat to Charnstar for introducing us to this band. I will definitely scope Skyhooks out when I go CD hunting!  8)

Written By: Rex on 10/02/07 at 5:52 pm

1 point to The Conqueror
2 points to Matthias
3 points to Synchronos
4 points to BAD
5 points to Stuart

Written By: Matthias on 10/02/07 at 9:30 pm

5 Points To: Syncronos of the Lost Ark
4 Points To: Below Average Dave's Halloween Special (Although the OS sucks serious glittery @ss)
3 Points To: Spectacular Seventies Stuart
2 Points To: Aggy's 101 Ways To Cook Cheetos
1 Point To: Darth Rex Lord Of The Sith Heads

Written By: ThaConqueror on 10/06/07 at 11:43 pm

1 point to Matthias
2 points to Agri
3 points to Rex
4 points to BAD
5 points to Stu

Written By: Syncronos on 10/07/07 at 1:09 pm

Where are you guys finding these songs? I can't find them on iTunes, and all I've found on LW is Women in Uniform, Ego is not a dirty word, and Living in the 70s

Written By: skittlesking on 10/07/07 at 4:38 pm

Where are you guys finding these songs? I can't find them on iTunes, and all I've found on LW is Women in Uniform, Ego is not a dirty word, and Living in the 70s

I link to all of them directly underneath their respective links:)  YouTube has almost everything, and you don't have to be a member, it's what I use for all contests now.

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 10/08/07 at 1:23 am

gee I liked all of them - hard votes to order - sorry to those who missed out

5 points.................8. Indiana Jones (Written in Cuneiform!)  Syncronos
4 points.................2. Living Like I'm 70 by Matthias
3 points.................1. Cheetos by Agrimorfee
2 points.................5. All My Friends Are Getting Scary by Below Average Dave
1 point...................4. The Other Side by Rex Ungericht

Written By: skittlesking on 10/09/07 at 9:07 pm

HOLY CRAP, that was a MUCH tougher round than I anticipated to judge. . .great job TO EVERYONE. . .

and hopefully those that haven't voted don't miss the deadline 26 hours from now :)

Anyway,

HM to Conqueror--great idea, a little tighter execution and you'd be a top 5 for sure --- Jack Wilson--same to you. . .both your ideas were great, just a little lose on the pacing.

5th, Agrimorfee gets 1 Point.  That has to be the most fun I've had with a repetitive parody.  My own Crazy for Chips fresh in my memory from the C round gave me an edge to put this one in my five as well.

4th, Rex Ungericht gets 2 Points.  You know, this was up to the Rex standard which is really high, but two of the parodists in this round have the best parody I've read by them entered, and I loved this parody, the others were a bit longer so they had more to work with, but you did amazing with what you had.

3rd, Stu McArthur gets 3 Points.  The top 3 were tough, it could have gone any way, in the end I felt that as funny as yours were, the fact that the other two are the best I've read by their respective parodists, I had to give them 1 and 2, but Amazing Write friend. . .absolutely fantastic.  You never cease to amaze me.

2nd, Matthias gets 4 Points.  Quite possibly the best parody I've read by you Matthias, and being that you are on my recording collab list, that's saying a lot because I've read most your stuff.  It's easily the most clever matching to the rhyme scheme I've seen by you, and I think if you were to stick to this kind of grammatical accuracy more regularly, you'd be on the podium in SOTM as often as anyone.

1st, Syncronos gets 5 Points.  Without question Syncronos, Your best parody to my eyes to date.  I liked Indiana Jones, and this parody brought back those memories.  It was written so well, and the word play was superb.  I am really beginning to love the work of the "Artistry Family" we've got here. . .

Amazing round, and to be honest--that's partly because I wasn't expecting much. . .To Stu and Jack Wilson--I hope to see you guys in the contest more often, you guys are great competitors. . .and I think having 8 entrants with some of the caliber writing you guys posses really adds to the competitive nature of all of us causing us to write better parodies.

See you guys in The Who . . .

Written By: Syncronos on 10/10/07 at 12:10 pm

*checks the youtube links*

This is some weird music! i LOVE it!

Worry not...I will be voting this round! I'll post my results later when i have more time.

Written By: Jack Wilson on 10/11/07 at 6:56 pm

5 pts Syncronos and the Temple of Cuneiform
4 pts 70 Year Old Matthias
3 pts The conqueror of computers going Phut
2 pts Stuhook (  ;))
1 pt Agri's Cheetos

Written By: Matthias on 10/11/07 at 7:04 pm

Syncronos... You'd better vote, You're winning!!!

Written By: Syncronos on 10/11/07 at 7:42 pm

??? I am?

*counts*

:o Holy sh*t...I AM  :D...OK, here we go!

This round was REAL hard to rank. You guys got some hardcore talent. I think we need to kidnap Weird Al or Cledus and make them lisen to some of these. We could get paid!

Here's the results:

1 pt to Stu's 70s Flashback (I had an afro too!)
2 pts to Darth Rex (I need a Leia...classic! But then again...Slave outfit? bow-chicka-wow-ow...)
3 pts to Aggy's Cheetos fetish (rolling around in them nude? I heard that orange stuff is a pain to wash out of your...*ahem*...hair...)

Here's where it got harder...

4 pts to Matthias's take on Senior living. I see these old people every day down here. Why is it that old people who can't see over the steering wheel drive the BIGGEST cars they can find?

and finally...

5 pts to Below Average Dave's wardrobe malfunction. That glitter is a bz-natch to get off, ain't it?

HMs to COP's Phut and to Whacky Jack's troubled mainframes. I'll say it again: THAT is why I own a MAC!

Seriously, we have got a GREAT POOL of talent here. We should get this stuff on a radio somewhere and CASH IN!

Written By: skittlesking on 10/11/07 at 11:16 pm

Alright, the website is still under construction (which will be worth it. . .) however the results are in. . .
1st. Syncronos  (33)

2nd. Matthias (28)

3rd. Stu McArthur (26)

4. Below Average Dave (25)
5. Rex Ungericht (17)
5. Agrimorfee (17)
7. Conqueror of Parodies (9)
8. Jack (5)

No Forfeit points, congrats all, and see who in the you :)

Subject: Re: Artistry Round 11 (Skyhooks) RESULTS POSTED

Written By: Matthias on 10/11/07 at 11:43 pm

2nd Place!
Score!!!

Congrats to Syncronos of the Lost Ark, and Seventies Stuart

Written By: agrimorfee on 10/12/07 at 7:52 am

Yes, Syncronos, you stole this round wholeheartedly and definitively. Good job!!

Written By: Rex on 10/12/07 at 8:53 am

1st. Syncronos  (33)
2nd. Matthias (28)
3rd. Stu McArthur (26)
4. Below Average Dave (25)
5. Rex Ungericht (17)
5. Agrimorfee (17)
7. Conqueror of Parodies (9)
8. Jack (5)

Congrats to Synchronos for rising from the Deadpool  ::). Well deserved top spots to Matthias and Stu, too. Onward to Whoville!

Written By: Syncronos on 10/12/07 at 10:39 am

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/04/eek2.gif You wait all your life for this moment...and when it *sniff* finally comes... :\'(...you're just...so...

HAPPY!

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/beerchug.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/dance2.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/dance.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/cheering.gif

Thanks one and all for your kind words! I'm happy such a place exists for people to let their creative sides show. Note: your creative side will most of the time NOT get you arrested for showing it in public, for those who didn't know.

Congratulations to Matthias and Disco Stu (now you knew someone would eventually hit you with that, right?) for their podium finishes, and to all who participated!

Now, on to Whoville! But I warn you, if the Grinch shows up, I'm kicking his butt!

Check for new replies or respond here...