inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Winner Announced on the Get Your Song Recorded Contest (Losing My Religion)!

Written By: skittlesking on 10/25/07 at 12:16 am

Ok, who's version of "Losing My Religion" should I record?  I need as many voters as possible since this does not count towards any other contest or final standings, it is (and it's subsequent similar contests) a stand alone contest! 

Vote for all 4 ranking them from 1st to 4th (with 1st getting 4 points etc)

Voting Deadline: November 10th

Additional Entries WILL BE ACCEPTED through the 31st of October, but keep in mind that people cannot change their vote

You DO NOT HAVE TO VOTE even if you are in this contest, but you CAN vote for yourself, so everyone SHOULD vote

Anyone who is either involved in contests OR has 50 or more total posts may vote

You Tube Video of Losing My Religion

Entrant 1:
Red Ant with "Whining and a-B*tchin'"

Entrant 2:
Jack Wilson with "Too Much Decoratons"

Entrant 3:
Rex Ungericht with "Paying My Tuition"

Entrant 4:
Jeff Reuben with "Filling My Prescription"

*Losing This contest does not automatically mean I won't record your version, it just means it won't be the first one. . .any song that is entered into a recording contest will be considered for future recording projects I do*

*The winner of this round WILL GET their version of "Losing My Religion" recorded by Below Average Dave shortly after the commencement of this contest*

Below Average Dave has decided not to vote as it may be a conflict of interest if his vote weighs in on the final standings.

Subject: Re: Who Should I Record For?? EVERYONE PLEASE VOTE! (Losing My Religion)

Written By: agrimorfee on 10/25/07 at 11:45 am

1st=Red Ant
2nd=Rex
3rd=Jack
4th=Jeff

Based on humor, pacing, singability, change of OS lyric and universality to any listener.

Subject: Re: Who Should I Record For?? EVERYONE PLEASE VOTE! (Losing My Religion)

Written By: jreuben on 10/25/07 at 12:16 pm

1st=Kristof
2nd=Rex
3rd=Jack
4th=Jeff

Based on humor, pacing, singability, change of OS lyric and universality to any listener.

I assume by Kristof, you mean Red Ant?  :)

Written By: agrimorfee on 10/25/07 at 12:41 pm

I assume by Kristof, you mean Red Ant?   :)

Cripes...to make it clear for everyone I'm correcting it. :-[

Written By: Matthias on 10/25/07 at 12:51 pm

4 Points To: Jeff's Medicine
3 Points To: Red Ant's Complaint
2 Points To: Rex's College Fee
1 Point To: Jack's Christmas

Written By: jreuben on 11/07/07 at 7:36 am

Bumping, so I don't forget to vote  :)

Written By: Red Ant on 11/07/07 at 1:17 pm

Thanks for the bump, Jeff.

This has been undoubtedly the hardest contest I've had to vote in, primarily because of the ability to vote for yourself. Dave and I have talked about this a bit: mostly me ranting to him that this rule should never be included again in any contest. There is simply no way to vote for yourself that looks good or doesn't disadvantage you in one way or another.

In any event, I entered this contest to win (and to not have to record this song myself), so at the risk of looking a bit arrogant...

1 point to Jack
2 points to Rex
3 points to Jeff
4 points to Red Ant

Ant

Written By: agrimorfee on 11/07/07 at 1:44 pm

Not as though the vote will change the end result here.  ;)

Written By: Josh2V2 on 11/07/07 at 4:06 pm

is ti too late to submit my entry of http://www.amiright.com/parody/90s/rem62.shtml ?

lol

thopght so, not that it would get anywhere.

Written By: skittlesking on 11/07/07 at 4:33 pm

is ti too late to submit my entry of http://www.amiright.com/parody/90s/rem62.shtml ?

lol

thopght so, not that it would get anywhere.

Yes, but you have until Nov 23rd if you want in this one. . . http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php?topic=29208.0

Written By: Josh2V2 on 11/07/07 at 6:00 pm

You should do a Hey THere Delilah one next (Spaff not allowed :D his one is too awesome and already recorded)

Written By: jreuben on 11/07/07 at 7:34 pm

4 pts:  Red Ant
3 pts:  Jeff Reuben
2 pts:  Jack Wilson
1 pt:  Rex

Subject: Re: Deadline Closing On Voting for First Ever BAD Recording PLEASE VOTE!!

Written By: skittlesking on 11/11/07 at 12:05 am

The first vote is done. . . .and who is it?  Who. . . ?????

CONGRATULATIONS TO!!!!

ME . . .no Seriously. . .CONGRATULATIONS TO . . .

Red Ant

As the winner of the first "Get Your Song Recorded" contest, your version of "Losing My Religion" has been scheduled for recording, expect it shortly. . .and congratulations Red Ant!

Jeff, as a top 3 finalist, you have been added to regular rotation for consideration on other works you have done, the other two top three finalists are already part of said rotation. . .

1st Red Ant with 15 Points
2nd Jeff Reuben with 11 Points
3rd Rex Ungericht and Jack Wilson with 7 Points each

ONE CHANGE NEXT CONTEST: Voting for yourselves will be discontinued as it seemed to deter voting rather than increase it. . .that said, you will still receive incentive to vote in the form of automatic points for doing so

Rex and Jack Wilson did not vote in this competition, but it was not required. . .

SexyBack is next, are you guys ready??????????

Subject: Re: Winner Announced on the Get Your Song Recorded Contest (Losing My Religion)!

Written By: jreuben on 11/11/07 at 3:59 am

Dave, I think Red Ant actually won this round.  I coult 15 votes for him, and 11 for me.  Maybe Agrimorfee's votes were counted backwards?

Subject: Re: Winner Announced on the Get Your Song Recorded Contest (Losing My Religion)!

Written By: skittlesking on 11/11/07 at 6:45 am

Dave, I think Red Ant actually won this round.  I coult 15 votes for him, and 11 for me.  Maybe Agrimorfee's votes were counted backwards?

Yes, I read it as points instead of ranks

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/11/07 at 8:51 am

Hahahahaha... I JUST wrote a parody of this song a couple of minutes ago and I saw this contest as I went to amiright to post it. Funny.

Written By: agrimorfee on 11/12/07 at 1:47 pm

Yes, I read it as points instead of ranks

'Cause I read your rules as ranks instead of points. Won't happen again.  :-[

Written By: skittlesking on 11/12/07 at 3:29 pm

'Cause I read your rules as ranks instead of points. Won't happen again.  :-[

Oh Agri ..  .it's my fault not yours. . .cheer up. . .I misread it. . .I will never be picky as to how votes are cast  ;)

Written By: skittlesking on 11/12/07 at 7:39 pm

It will be up tomorrow, just doing some editing now. . .it's recorded. . .I wasn't expecting to have such an easy performance as far as the vocals are concerned, I guess that is, as Red Ant  put it, lack of inflection?  I may have actually added some that wasn't there (mine seems to sound a slight bit smoother than the original). . .look for it tomorrow on the AmIRight and Badave main pages. . .Congrats again Red Ant

Written By: Red Ant on 11/12/07 at 7:43 pm

Sweet! Thanks for the work, Dave. I look foward to the recording.

Tomorrow, eh? Maybe I'll hold off on recording "Hey There, Maria" for a bit.

Thanks to all who participated as well.

Ant

Written By: skittlesking on 11/13/07 at 6:09 am

http://www.badave.com/recordings/parody.php?st=318

It is complete!

Check for new replies or respond here...