inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: BAD Recording Contest (Thriller) Voting Thread (Open Voting)

Written By: skittlesking on 01/01/08 at 3:09 pm

To encourage voting, I will be adding karma points each night before I go to bed to everyone who has voted in the comp as a thank you!

Please help me pick a song to record

The deadline is 01/14/2007

Anyone involved in ANY competition at ANY point may vote

Those not in this round, please rank the 3 songs in order (1st getting 3 points, etc)

Those who ARE in this round . . .
1. You automatically get 3 points for voting (you are your own first place)
2. Please arrange the other two with 1st getting 2 points, 2nd getting 1 point
3. You will NOT BE PENALIZED for not voting, HOWEVER, you also won't get the 3 free points--which may be crucial to winning.. .

Good luck all

The winner gets a "Thriller" recording of their parody

1. Griller by Matthias

2. Fillers by Cat

3. Billiards by The Conqueror of Parodies

I will abstain from voting as I am the one recording the winner, to show no biased opinions

Also, comments are NOT required, but appreciated.

THIS IS LAST INDIVIDUAL SONG CONTEST!  From now on I will give a list of eligible songs based on what I have that hasn't been recently used, you may enter any parody of any of those songs.

Subject: Re: BAD Recording Contest (Thriller) Voting Thread (Open Voting)

Written By: Matthias on 01/01/08 at 3:19 pm

1st Place: Cat
2nd Place: Conquerer

Written By: agrimorfee on 01/02/08 at 11:46 am

1st=Cat (funniest, and quite original in its execution)
2nd Place=Matthias
3rd Place=Conqueror

Written By: Matthias on 01/16/08 at 9:18 am

Bump!

Written By: Matthias on 01/16/08 at 9:19 am

It's past the 14th Dave, and the only person from this competiton who has voted was me. So does that mean you automatically have to do mine?

Written By: skittlesking on 01/16/08 at 6:05 pm

Actually, this contest does not require anyone to vote, and it'd be a tie. . .you and Cat are both at 5 points (Your 3 plus 2 from Agri and Cat is at 5 also, 3 from Agri, 2 from you) Both obtained the 5 points the same way, and to be honest the fact that only two people wanted to vote . . .I think I'm going to have to cancel this competition for the immediate future. . .but I may record yours and one by Agri just because you guys have been so supportive. . .I'm sorry, but yeah, no clear winner on this comp as only two people voted, which resulted in a tie, and that says basically that only a few people are interested in having their stuff recorded, so I will begin doing regular recordings for those people. . .though choosing songs will be difficult and scheduling them around my own, but I'll figure it out. . .now onto voting in Dec2

Check for new replies or respond here...