inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Voting Thread For ABC4(K) - *** results posted ***

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 01/11/08 at 3:25 am

Welcome to the
ABC4 (K)
Voting Thread

Voting deadline for ABC4(K) is midnight (amiright time)     Wednesday January 23rd
No votes date-stamped after the voting deadline will be accepted - no exceptions

Vote by replying to this thread with your five favorites in order:

1st choice........5 points
2nd place.........4 points
3rd place..........3 points
4th place..........2 points
5th place..........1 point

or in algebraic terms, p = 6 - r     (p=points, r=rank)

RULES
- Any parody beginning with the current letter is eligible, except parodies that have been entered into ABC1 or ABC2 or ABC3
- You're not allowed to vote for your own parody
- Once you've posted a vote, you're not allowed to change it
- Anyone who's participated in any previous ABC contest may vote
- Any entrant who hasn't left a comment on all entries is disqualified and may not participate in the next letter
- Any entrant who doesn't vote by the voting deadline (above) is disqualified and may not participate in the next letter

ALSO
Under no circumstances will a vote that missed the voting deadline be accepted (even by 1 second)
However the resulting disqualification from entry to the next ABC4 comp may be over-ruled, if you do the following...

1.  Post an "appeal" on this thread giving your excuse for missing the deadline, and plead for mercy
   2.  If your plea wins the sympathy of 3 other entrants your disqualification from the next round will be overturned
        Your late votes will still not count though 
        (if less than 4 entrants in the comp, only 2 sympathetic "Thumbs Ups" are required)

and the entries are.........

1.  Red Ant
Kim Had Better Days With Rhyme
          youtube here

2.  Agrimorfee
The Kid Who Wouldn't Go To Sleep
          youtube here

3.  Matthias
Klutzy Dame
          youtube here

4.  Cat
King Of Pop

5.  Doritos
Kan Tocky Main
          youtube here

6.  Stu McArthur
Kristof Robertson: Do Kris Kristofferson!

7.  Below Average Dave
Ken's Revenge

8.  Mikey Squirrel
Kittycat's Rhapsody
          youtube here

Subject: Re: Voting Thread for ABC4(K) is pending.....should be up early next week

Written By: agrimorfee on 01/11/08 at 7:24 am

Absolutely fine, Stu.

Sip a sake for us, will ya? :)

Subject: Re: Voting Thread for ABC4(K) is pending.....should be up early next week

Written By: Matthias on 01/11/08 at 9:45 am

If you build it, I will come....

If you don't, no big deal.

;)

Written By: DoRitos on 01/14/08 at 7:51 pm

Oh how I envy you Stu - Shinjuku used to be some of my old stomping grounds.  Genki Desu ka?  Puti puti?  Yo polai takusan, nay?  Abu nai, yo?  Anata wa no itai dai mo nai. yo?  My Nihongo is no so goodly.  Too many year no be dair.

Written By: skittlesking on 01/14/08 at 8:12 pm

Oh how I envy you Stu - Shinjuku used to be some of my old stomping grounds.  Genki Desu ka?  Puti puti?  Yo polai takusan, nay?  Abu nai, yo?  Anata wa no itai dai mo nai. yo?  My Nihongo is no so goodly.  Too many year no be dair.

Ah. . .um. . .parlez vous anglais?

Subject: Re: Voting Thread For ABC4(K) - deadline: midnight January 23rd

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 01/14/08 at 9:56 pm

Guy - gomen nasai, keredomo anata no Nihongo o chotto wakaranakatta - must be the accent - although mispronouncing some of those words could be tottemo abunai desu NE!

...and I agree Tokyo is a great place to visit - I reckon I covered the whole city in the week I was there, and the variety and breadth of what's on offer is staggering

anyway, the voting thread is now up and running everyone 8)

Written By: DoRitos on 01/15/08 at 5:25 am

Guy - gomen nasai, keredomo anata no Nihongo o chotto wakaranakatta - must be the accent - although mispronouncing some of those words could be tottemo abunai desu NE!

...and I agree Tokyo is a great place to visit - I reckon I covered the whole city in the week I was there, and the variety and breadth of what's on offer is staggering

anyway, the voting thread is now up and running everyone 8);

Yeah don't make the mistake I did.  I would see a cute little kid with his/her mother and say Kawaee so.  It should have stayed at just kawaee.  That means cute or cuddly.  Adding "so" I thought meant "very".  When used with kawaiee as in kawaee so means pitiful.  :-[  And I didn't do this just once either.  Talk about being an ugly American.  I was rapidly undoing JapanAmerican relations that were 30 years in the making.  Whoda thunk I was saying that?  :)

Written By: Matthias on 01/15/08 at 10:53 am

(K, Might as well get K out of the way)

5 Points: Stuart's Kristof's Kris Kristofferson
4 Points: Cat's Whacko Jacko
3 Points: Red Ant's Rhymes
2 Points: Agrimorfee's Kid
1 Point: Dave's Doll

Written By: Red Ant on 01/21/08 at 1:02 pm

Here's a video for Cat's entry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQfFHc1i1lE

Ant

Written By: DoRitos on 01/21/08 at 3:44 pm

5 Points for Agri's Sweet Darling.
4 Points for Rocket J. Squirrel's cousin Mikey's way under cataleptic kitty.
3 Points for Cat's MJ nose job spoof of TKOP.
2 Points for Stu's Criss-Crossed Catty-Wumpus rendition of the MG criss-cross stitched anomaly.
1 Point for BAD's GI Joe/Ken/Barbie/Chucky Norman Bates-ish psychosis.

Written By: agrimorfee on 01/21/08 at 3:59 pm

5 Points for Agri's Sweet Darling.

Wow, Guy, thanks! The parody was in fact inspired by my real-world adventures in babysitting my cousin back in the '90s...now she's a hot young co-ed partying down at Univ. of Illinois...hoo boy.  :o

I'm touched by your comments and feel for your loss, now that I have a child of my own. Godspeed.

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 01/21/08 at 10:59 pm

5 points...........1.  Red Ant  Kim Had Better Days With Rhyme

4 points.............8.  Mikey Squirrel  Kittycat's Rhapsody

3 points............4.  Cat  King Of Pop

2 points............2.  Agrimorfee  The Kid Who Wouldn't Go To Sleep

1 point..............7.  Below Average Dave  Ken's Revenge

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 01/21/08 at 11:01 pm

again, I'm away from internet easy contact (camping with the kids this time) so the results will be a day late being posted - but of course, like Led Zeppelin's Song, the deadline remains the same :)

(same goes with the posting of the M-entry thread and the L-voting thread)

Written By: Red Ant on 01/22/08 at 5:39 pm

5 points to Mikey's Cat
4 points to Cat's Mike Bash
3 points to Stu's Kris
2 points to Aggy
1 point to Dave

Ant

Written By: skittlesking on 01/22/08 at 11:21 pm

5 Points to Red Ant: Your talent of Ripping on songs that you don't get into is usually not something I get horribly into, but this one was friggin hilarious Ant, top notch buddy--top friggin notch!

4 Points to Mikey: Mikey this was one of your best writes, but the formatting--I don't understand the formatting at all--I took it into consideration but this was such an epically well done piece

3 Points to Agrimorfee: The parody itself was more cute than funny, but the emotions you drew up and memories you can create with such a touching parody makes it evident that comedy isn't the only thing that should be considered when rating a parody, a parody that can grab emotions of any kind is just as good as one that can make you laugh--and again to Guy, my condolences

2 Points to Matthias: It was funny and well written--and that one line wasn't enough to knock it out the top 5

1 Point to Stuart: I have to be honest the humor was largely lost on me--but comparatively--the difficulty of the OS and the masterfulness of the write still sneak a top 5 spot

HM to Guy: Guy, this one was so well rhymed, but like with Stuart's --I didn't really get into the humor so much, and for that reason I regretfully could not honestly give this my 5th spot, but I still think your ability to hit the rhyme scheme is fantastic

HM to Cat: Though it was expertly written Cat, I have seen so many MJ rips, and actually have read this one, that it didn't strike me the same way as it might have back when he was a hot-topic, still a good write though--and perfectly paced.

Written By: agrimorfee on 01/23/08 at 7:51 am

5pts=Stu
4pts=Cat
3pts=Mikey
2pts=Red Ant
1pt=Matthias

( BTW, thanks for all your votes, guys and gals, I considered this one to be one of my lesser works...)

Written By: Cat on 01/23/08 at 9:37 pm

5 Points to Stu McArthur
4 Points to Red Ant
3 Points to Mikey Squirrel
2 Points to Below Average Dave
1 Point to Agrimorfee

Written By: Mikey Squirrel on 01/23/08 at 10:58 pm

Wow, I almost missed this one...nothing like being in the nick of time!

5 pts: Cat's Jacko bash
4 pts: Dave's dream house
3 pts: Agri's Sleepless kid
2 pts: Stu's Krist-ening
1 pt : Red Ant's better days

Written By: skittlesking on 01/23/08 at 11:00 pm

Wow, I almost missed this one...nothing like being in the nick of time!

5 pts: Cat's Jacko bash
4 pts: Dave's dream house
3 pts: Agri's Sleepless kid
2 pts: Stu's Krist-ening
1 pt : Red Ant's better days

You aren't kidding (11:58:41)

Written By: Mikey Squirrel on 01/23/08 at 11:11 pm

You aren't kidding (11:58:41)

Yea, I was lucky I squeaked these votes in, considering i just woke up almost an hour ago. :P

Subject: Re: Voting Thread For ABC4(K) - *** results posted ***

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 01/24/08 at 9:50 pm

Results of the ABC4 K-Round

equal 1st place with 23 points:            "Kittycat's Rhapsody" by Mikey Squirrel
equal 1st place with 23 points:            "King Of Pop" by Cat
equal 1st place with 23 points:            "Kristof Robertson: Do Kris Kristofferson!" by Stuart McArthur

Red Ant...............................20
Agrimorfee...........................18
Below Average Dave.............10
Matthias...............................3

hon mention: Guy

wow! - three-way tie - (I was sure Mikey was set to win this one - which he did of course!) 

Congrats to Mikey and Cat and me (sorry for trotting you all thru my Kristof tribute again folks - it's just that I am clean out of K-parodies, as I was of J-parodies - and I'm having to dig up my old SOTM-medallists......not that I mind, of course ;)

see you in the L's

Written By: Mikey Squirrel on 01/25/08 at 4:56 pm

Wow.. three way tie! Thanks for putting me at the top of the list, Stu. It was an honor to share to share this honor with you and Cat. And thanks to everyone for the votes and comments. I'm really surprised this won. See you all in the L's.

Written By: DoRitos on 01/27/08 at 9:31 am

My congrats to the winners and the rest who have placed in this comp.  I don't think I have ever seen a 3 way tie for the "Gold".  It was a most interesting round.  I'd have voted for each and every song but Agri's parody was voted on by me in a very subjective manner.  Had it not been for that, the results may have come out different.  Who'd a thunk it?  What the "L" will the next round bring?

Written By: skittlesking on 01/27/08 at 4:52 pm

My congrats to the winners and the rest who have placed in this comp.  I don't think I have ever seen a 3 way tie for the "Gold".  It was a most interesting round.  I'd have voted for each and every song but Agri's parody was voted on by me in a very subjective manner.  Had it not been for that, the results may have come out different.  Who'd a thunk it?  What the "L" will the next round bring?

I don't know Guy, but your avatar is making me hungry. . .

Written By: Red Ant on 01/28/08 at 8:46 pm

Kongrats to Stu MkArthur, Kat and Mikey! A three-way for first!  :D

Thanks everyone for all the kind Kim komments as well!

Ant

Written By: Cat on 01/29/08 at 5:47 pm

Wow—I wasn't expecting that! Big thanks to all who voted for me! :D

Check for new replies or respond here...