inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Voting Thread For ABC4(L) - *** results posted ***

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 01/27/08 at 9:47 pm

Welcome to the
ABC4 (L)
Voting Thread

Voting deadline for ABC4(L) is midnight (amiright time)     Wednesday February 6th
No votes date-stamped after the voting deadline will be accepted - no exceptions

Vote by replying to this thread with your five favorites in order:

1st choice........5 points
2nd place.........4 points
3rd place..........3 points
4th place..........2 points
5th place..........1 point

or in algebraic terms, p = 6 - r     (p=points, r=rank)

RULES
- Any parody beginning with the current letter is eligible, except parodies that have been entered into ABC1 or ABC2 or ABC3
- You're not allowed to vote for your own parody
- Once you've posted a vote, you're not allowed to change it
- Anyone who's participated in any previous ABC contest may vote
- Any entrant who hasn't left a comment on all entries is disqualified and may not participate in the next letter
- Any entrant who doesn't vote by the voting deadline (above) is disqualified and may not participate in the next letter

ALSO
Under no circumstances will a vote that missed the voting deadline be accepted (even by 1 second)
However the resulting disqualification from entry to the next ABC4 comp may be over-ruled, if you do the following...

1.  Post an "appeal" on this thread giving your excuse for missing the deadline, and plead for mercy
   2.  If your plea wins the sympathy of 3 other entrants your disqualification from the next round will be overturned
        Your late votes will still not count though 
        (if less than 4 entrants in the comp, only 2 sympathetic "Thumbs Ups" are required)

and the entries are.........

1.  Matthias
Living Like I'm 70
          youtube here

2.  Red Ant
Love Yer Cranium's Own Slick Views
          youtube here

3.  Mikey Squirrel
Liposuction
          youtube here

4.  Agrimorfee
Little Red Soviet
          mtv OS here

5.  Invisible Boy
Lyric Man

6.  Cat
The Lake

7.  Doritos
Leave It Be!
          youtube here

8.  Stu McArthur
Love How She Writes
          youtube here

9.  Below Average Dave
Love For Japan

10.  Kristof Robertson
Lover's Cracked My Ceiling

Subject: Re: Voting Thread For ABC4(L) - deadline: midnight February 6th

Written By: agrimorfee on 01/28/08 at 1:17 pm

5pts=Cat (always a sucker for a good story)
4pts=IB (always a sucker for good satire)
3pts=Mikey (always a sucker for sucking subjects)
2pts=Kristof (always a sucker for show tunes that resemble my real life)
1pt=Red Ant (always a sucker for clever meta-surreality)

The whole round truly didn't suck. http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2007/07/30/sucker_300.gif

Written By: Red Ant on 02/05/08 at 10:18 pm

There's no way to fit all 9 parodies into 5 spots... kudos to all for very good parodies this round!

That said:

5 points to "Lyric Man"
4 points to "Lovers Cracked My Ceiling"
3 points to "Livin' Like I'm 70"
2 points to "Liposuction"
1 point to "Love For Japan"

Ant

Written By: Matthias on 02/06/08 at 12:17 am

5 Points: Invisible Boy's Lyrics
4 Points: Below Average Dave's Japan Tour Guide
3 Points: Kristof's Loud Lovers
2 Points: Cat's Fear Of Water
1 Point: Red Ant's Bit Of Rambling

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 02/06/08 at 4:27 pm

LOVERLY!!!

5 pts:  Invisible Boy
4 pts:  Matthias
3 pts:  Mikey Squirrel
2 pts:  Dave
1 pt:    Red Ant Jack

Written By: DoRitos on 02/06/08 at 4:58 pm

Very respectfully I'd like to withdraw my entry of "Leave It Be" in this competition.  I have my own personal reasons for the withdrawal.  These reasons have left me realizing that my voting in this round would not be fair and balanced. It was through self examination that I realized this fact.  I must withdraw because I cannot be unbiased in my voting.  Those who are the reason for my decision know who they are.  I do not expect to be penalized from any future comps because of this action.  So with that I will leave it up to democratic process as to how this withdrawal should proceed.  Thanks to all who took time to comment on this parody and I am sorry to have wasted your time.

Written By: Red Ant on 02/06/08 at 5:16 pm

Very respectfully I'd like to withdraw my entry of "Leave It Be" in this competition.  I have my own personal reasons for the withdrawal.  These reasons have left me realizing that my voting in this round would not be fair and balanced. It was through self examination that I realized this fact.  I must withdraw because I cannot be unbiased in my voting.  Those who are the reason for my decision know who they are.  I do not expect to be penalized from any future comps because of this action.  So with that I will leave it up to democratic process as to how this withdrawal should proceed.  Thanks to all who took time to comment on this parody and I am sorry to have wasted your time.

???

If you've got something to say, say it! We're all adults here, Guy. If something has irritated you, let it out.

Who said anything about wasting our time?

Since only 6 of us have commented so far, and you used "they" (indicating more than one person), I'm not too thrilled about the at least 1 in 3 chance something I've said or done would cause you to withdraw from a contest. I'll take it that since I haven't received a PM from you that I'm safe, but stranger things have happened to me recently...

I'd like to see you stay in this one, because I think you have a good entry and also that a withdraw is the same as a DQ and thus you would be ineligible for the M round.

Ant

Written By: Invisible Boy on 02/06/08 at 5:22 pm

I'll get my votes up in a little while, but Guy...I as well commented and I too hope I didn't offend you.

8)

Written By: skittlesking on 02/06/08 at 5:39 pm

Well it certainly wasn't me, I haven't commented yet.

Written By: skittlesking on 02/06/08 at 5:58 pm

Sorry to Guy, I don't know what happened or with whom (as I commented after that statement not before) but here are my top 5.

1 Point to Red Ant's Slight Ramble

2 Points to Cat's Lake

3 Points to Kristof's Loud Lovers

4 Points to Invisible Boy's Lyric Man

5 Points to Matthias' 70 Year Old Dude

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 02/06/08 at 6:20 pm

If your beef is to do with comments left on your parody, Guy, then I don't get it. Of the ABC comments left so far, Matty, Agri and I all stated that this particular parody didn't work for us...but none of those comments were IMHO offensive, nasty or unfair in the slightest. I've at one stage or other told most regular contest participants that I've not got into a parody of theirs...including folks like Spaff, Claude, Stu, Phil (AND Matty and Agri)...and I've recieved less than glowing reviews of some of the things I've written. I always appreciate honest feedback as long as it's not an attack.

If you've taken offence at my comment, well OK....but I'm not going to apologise for an honest opinion. I hope you reconsider your stance on this issue

If your withdrawal is, however, to do with something else...then I hope you sort it out with those concerned.

Peace,
K

Written By: DoRitos on 02/06/08 at 6:40 pm

???

If you've got something to say, say it! We're all adults here, Guy. If something has irritated you, let it out.

Who said anything about wasting our time?

Since only 6 of us have commented so far, and you used "they" (indicating more than one person), I'm not too thrilled about the at least 1 in 3 chance something I've said or done would cause you to withdraw from a contest. I'll take it that since I haven't received a PM from you that I'm safe, but stranger things have happened to me recently...

I'd like to see you stay in this one, because I think you have a good entry and also that a withdraw is the same as a DQ and thus you would be ineligible for the M round.

Ant

Ant - What I said had nothing to do with the comments that were already posted.  And I said that there is someone who knows why I am withdrawing.  I didn't assign them any malice.  If you have no idea then you must not be that person.  I am not upset or angry, I'm just fair.  This is something that is personal in the manner that it could cause harm to the site if it were revealed.  It has nothing to do with being an adult and I could take offense at that statement of telling me to act like an adult, but I won't. 

I DO NOT wish to discuss it in open forum or PM. (Especially PM, because that WOULD be child like to gossip about others) This is basically what started this whole thing.  It is no ones business but my own.  It is my problem and I am dealing with it as an ADULT sir.  So if I withdraw because I would not be fair in my voting and that causes me to DQ the "M" round than go ahead and blast that one off too.  I used "they" because it was something that was given me as he said she said and what was related to me was quite hurtful and ugly. (and please don't take "he" and "she" literally) It has more to do with me voting favorably toward the injured party even if their work didn't merit the vote.  I do not know if this person actually did this or not and if the information I got about the effected party(s) is accurate.  So for that reason I would be biased for or against "them" in any voting, now or future. So penalize me as you see fit but I stick to my principles. 

I have 759 parodies posted on this site and have gotten a lot of bad comments.  It has never bothered me before so why do you now think it does?  I write for the pure joy of it and damn anyone who doesn't like what I write and I really don't care what they say in their comments.  Opinions are like butt holes - everyone has one.  I put my real name out here and take full responsibility for what I write as well as full credit.  The comments on the "L" round parody are mild compared to a lot that I receive.  I was not the least bit phased by them. 

Until I can sort this out I probably should avoid all future comps.  I cannot in good conscience vote unbiasedly with what I was told.  Eventually it will sort out.  So please would all of you do the site a favor and drop this matter. It is of the sort of thing that would disrupt the entire site if it gets loose.  I will tell you that the comments were not made against me. I am finished discussing this and I have probably said too much already so if you just want to think of me as a child who pouts and that makes you feel better about it then be my guest.

Very respectfully sir and thanks for your time.

Written By: skittlesking on 02/06/08 at 7:08 pm

I don't think of you as a child. . .but what comments by anyone against anyone that the people in this forum could have made that are that bad are beyond me. . .I hope whatever it is you are able to solve it because it is hard to imagine what somebody could have said that would hurt you badly enough to hold anger towards them of the magnitude in which you last post suggests. . .and I also hope that whoever it is with--it can be worked out. . .good luck Guy

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 02/06/08 at 7:09 pm

whoa - I too hope it was nothing to do with my comment, Guy, although reading your explanation, I assume it wasn't.  I hope it does sort itself out for you.

I'm in an internet cafe so don't have time to review the rules at the moment, but I'm inclined to think that once you've entered, you've entered (esp. as we've all read and commented on your entry) and so votes are then expected.  So if you don't vote, you would be disqualified from the M-round.  I'm happy to consider arguments otherwise though - like I said, I don't have time at the moment to give you a definitive answer.

5 points........Invisible Boy
4 points........Red Ant
3 points........Kristof Robertson
2 points........Matthias
1 point.........Below Average Dave

Written By: DoRitos on 02/06/08 at 7:25 pm

I don't think of you as a child. . .but what comments by anyone against anyone that the people in this forum could have made that are that bad are beyond me. . .I hope whatever it is you are able to solve it because it is hard to imagine what somebody could have said that would hurt you badly enough to hold anger towards them of the magnitude in which you last post suggests. . .and I also hope that whoever it is with--it can be worked out. . .good luck Guy

Bad - Ant told me to be adult - that was meant for him and not in anger.  I am way more upset than angry at this situation.  I have always been taught to play fair, work hard and play hard and be honest.  I am 2nd generation European/American and my grand parents who were all from Europe  had these values as did my parents.  It boils down to a matter of principle with me.  I believe that voting should be scored and I have a system for scoring songs.  I don't even pay attention to the author until the final tally is made and the top five get the votes.  Once I fudged recently because a parody hit close to my soul and I automatically fived it and admitted to it in the voting.

I did not intend for the post to sound angry.  I think you are seeing me upset and not angry.  They do resemble each other.  I looked at the author list on the songs this time as I was getting ready to score the voting and I just couldn't vote honestly.  Authors pour their hearts into these parodies for the pure joy of it.  Comps need to be judged fairly as a token of respect to the writer.  We are all basically cut from the same mold with this art of ours so we sometimes get a bit more passionate than we should - blame the Italian in me. 

Written By: DoRitos on 02/06/08 at 7:27 pm

whoa - I too hope it was nothing to do with my comment, Guy, although reading your explanation, I assume it wasn't.  I hope it does sort itself out for you.

I'm in an internet cafe so don't have time to review the rules at the moment, but I'm inclined to think that once you've entered, you've entered (esp. as we've all read and commented on your entry) and so votes are then expected.  So if you don't vote, you would be disqualified from the M-round.  I'm happy to consider arguments otherwise though - like I said, I don't have time at the moment to give you a definitive answer.

5 points........Invisible Boy
4 points........Red Ant
3 points........Kristof Robertson
2 points........Matthias
1 point.........Below Average Dave

Then by all means DQ me.  It's not worth the trouble it will cause.

Written By: Red Ant on 02/06/08 at 7:38 pm

Bad - Ant told me to be adult - that was meant for him and not in anger. 

Guy, I will drop this issue as you requested, but I wrote "We're all adults here." I don't think of you as a child.

And, FTR, my statement about any entry in the M round was one of rule and had no emotions behind it.

I realize my words don't always come as out as I intend them to - I have no anger or anything else negative toward you, Guy. Sorry if I came off that way.

Ant

Written By: Invisible Boy on 02/06/08 at 8:08 pm

Guy...I've enjoyed all the parodies you have written that I have had the pleasure to read. I know you are upset about something other than the comments. I hope it will be resolved for you. Guy...I'm gonna make a joke...don't be upset...I hope this round won't be remembered as "Guygate"

5 points- Red Ant
4 points- Matthias
3 points- Kristof
2 points- BAD
1 point- Mikey

8)

Written By: Cat on 02/06/08 at 8:25 pm

Excellent round! (And sorry, Stu...but for once my biases were overcome. :P)

5 Points to Invisible Boy
4 Points to Stu McArthur
3 Points to Kristof Robertson
2 Points to Red Ant
1 Point to Agrimorfee

Written By: Mikey Squirrel on 02/06/08 at 8:34 pm

Wow, sorry you dropped out of this one, Guy. Hope you can work things out soon!
Anyways, here's my votes...

5 pts: Invisible Boy's lyrical man
4 pts: Cat's wet behind the ears
3 pts: Matthias' Old Man
2 pts: Dave's easy, breezy Japan-esey
1 pt:  Red Ant's slick noggin

Written By: DoRitos on 02/06/08 at 10:09 pm

Given what is going on here, I will most likely also withdraw my SOTM entry for Jan 08 as well.  I have a few days to consider this and I haven't checked to see who has entered.

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 02/06/08 at 11:03 pm

Given what is going on here, I will most likely also withdraw my SOTM entry for Jan 08 as well.  I have a few days to consider this and I haven't checked to see who has entered.

hmm, you said above you wanted everyone to drop the matter, Guy, but you're continuing it. 

You're intention is to make somebody feel guilty here, but because you're telling us everything must be left unsaid, you're also managing to make the rest of us all feel uncomfortable, by saying the truth would tear the site apart, etc.  There's a sense that there's another shoe to drop.  What is the problem exactly? 

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 02/06/08 at 11:06 pm

Results of the ABC4 L-Round

1st place with 38 points:                    "Lyric Man" by Invisible Boy
equal 2nd place with 21 points:            "Living Like I'm 70" by Matthias
equal 2nd place with 21 points:            "Lovers Cracked My Ceiling!" by Kristof Robertson

Red Ant...............................16
Cat......................................13
Below Average Dave..............12
Mikey Squirrel.........................9
Stu McArthur.........................4
Agrimorfee............................1

Whoa, Invisible Boy!  Way to go, dude!

Congrats to Invisible Boy who romped away with this round, and well done to the perennials Matthias and Kristof

Guy...whichever way I look at it, it looks like a disqualification.  The most similar precedent was when Phil withdrew from a SOTM in its dying stages, and there was much debate, and in the end he had to accept a disqualification.  I can't precis all the arguments both ways as it got quite complex, but it was agreed in the end that a DQ was the appropriate decision.  It just means you're out of the M-comp only.  Sorry, mate. 

see you in the M's

Subject: Re: Voting Thread For ABC4(L) - *** results posted ***

Written By: Red Ant on 02/06/08 at 11:40 pm

Congratulations to Invisible Boy, Matthias and Kristof!

Stu, there is no precedent here:

"- Any entrant who hasn't left a comment on all entries is disqualified and may not participate in the next letter
- Any entrant who doesn't vote by the voting deadline (above) is disqualified and may not participate in the next letter"

These two rules cover the next round with no amibiguity at all. There doesn't have to be any interpretation or argument about them - they are as plain as day.

Guy, I hate to break it to you like this, but there are no "truths" you hold that could seriously damage the site (nor any single author's reputation) should they be revealed. Short of bribery, sandbagging of votes, ghostwriting, vote intimidation or duplicate authors in ABC/SOTM (none of which I've ever suspected) I honestly don't care what other writers are doing here (in a negative way). I think I speak for other writers as well in that they vote for the parody, not for (or against) the parodist

Everything I've seen has been above board. When I ran 2006 SOTM a question of integrity came up and I assured that person that any cheating or other things that would directly violate contests rules would be dealt with severly and swiftly. Cheating of any form is not allowed in any contests here.

If you have discovered something so heinous  that it affects the integrity of not only the ABC rounds but the SOTMs as well, we need to know about it asap. If you think there's an issue of cheating, we have to know. The survivability of the contests depends on it.

Ant

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 02/06/08 at 11:51 pm

"- Any entrant who hasn't left a comment on all entries is disqualified and may not participate in the next letter
- Any entrant who doesn't vote by the voting deadline (above) is disqualified and may not participate in the next letter"

I realise that Jack, but the loophole I was trying to find for Guy was in the definition of the word "entrant" 

If Guy is no longer an entrant (by withdrawing) do the rules that apply to entrants still apply to him? 

I believe they do, because that's what happened to Phil, so that's the precedent that I decided I had to follow.

Written By: DoRitos on 02/07/08 at 5:04 am

Will you all please quit trying to decide and rationalize my DQ.  I fully accept the rules as they stand and there is no need to debate the repercussions of my actions.  I am DQed and that is all there is to it.  Everyone seems to be feeling bad about this but me.  It is no big deal if I compete at this time or not.  I simply enter these contests for the fun of it and to get more comments on my songs.  I am a comment junkie, OK.  Good bad or indifferent.  And I will not divulge what I know since I would be no better than the person that let loose with the bad mouth on another author.  It is simply a matter of integrity with me.  I have stated on amiright several times that some people out here think they have me all figured out but they do not.  I BS a lot in my parody writing and I tend to make people think that I think a certain way.  It's just that I tend to story write in my parodies and just let the juices flow when I write.  My parodies are written a word at a time and I never know where they are really going until I write the final line.  I assure you now though that you are seeing the real me.  Some things I cannot tolerate and this one hit a nerve quite hard and it stings.  The responsible party(s) know who "s/he/they" are and if that party(s) are seeing this then maybe they will think twice before they act again in this manner.  It will serve no purpose to expose this.  It involves no cheating or breaking of rules or anything else that has been suggested.  I want to let this lie but comments of conjecture keep popping up and I feel obligated to dispel the thoughts about what this may or may not be. I must let the sleeping dog lie as the wise man once said.  You see you all made me go further than I wanted to when you all thought that it was the comments on the song that got to me.  I could not let you think that I could be that petty and I should have thought out the original post better to avoid what is happening now.  That parody has rave reviews from some of the best authors on this site to include the most esteemed Spaff.  Parodies are largely a matter of timing.  A parody written today may flop but in a year be dug up and loved or the opposite can happen, especially with parodies of current events and politics.  Peace to you all and I am truly sorry for all this commotion.

Written By: skittlesking on 02/07/08 at 5:48 am

Will you all please quit trying to decide and rationalize my DQ.  I fully accept the rules as they stand and there is no need to debate the repercussions of my actions.  I am DQed and that is all there is to it.  Everyone seems to be feeling bad about this but me.  It is no big deal if I compete at this time or not.  I simply enter these contests for the fun of it and to get more comments on my songs.  I am a comment junkie, OK.  Good bad or indifferent.  And I will not divulge what I know since I would be no better than the person that let loose with the bad mouth on another author.  It is simply a matter of integrity with me.  I have stated on amiright several times that some people out here think they have me all figured out but they do not.  I BS a lot in my parody writing and I tend to make people think that I think a certain way.  It's just that I tend to story write in my parodies and just let the juices flow when I write.  My parodies are written a word at a time and I never know where they are really going until I write the final line.  I assure you now though that you are seeing the real me.  Some things I cannot tolerate and this one hit a nerve quite hard and it stings.  The responsible party(s) know who "s/he/they" are and if that party(s) are seeing this then maybe they will think twice before they act again in this manner.  It will serve no purpose to expose this.  It involves no cheating or breaking of rules or anything else that has been suggested.  I want to let this lie but comments of conjecture keep popping up and I feel obligated to dispel the thoughts about what this may or may not be. I must let the sleeping dog lie as the wise man once said.  You see you all made me go further than I wanted to when you all thought that it was the comments on the song that got to me.  I could not let you think that I could be that petty and I should have thought out the original post better to avoid what is happening now.  That parody has rave reviews from some of the best authors on this site to include the most esteemed Spaff.  Parodies are largely a matter of timing.  A parody written today may flop but in a year be dug up and loved or the opposite can happen, especially with parodies of current events and politics.  Peace to you all and I am truly sorry for all this commotion.

I can respect that, because you did raise a flag of curiosity pretty much in all of us. . .because I have so much respect for all the artists I compete with, particularly in this round, that I can't imagine what it is that whatever it/they said to whoever, but I know how you feel about that--so I myself will let it go.  I've never waged a war of words on inthe00s and at least in public rarely see big ordeals. . .but whatever it is I do hope you can work it out with that person because we are all virtual friends here and even though you and I differ in opinion on some of your earlier work (which I am very honest about) your talent as a writer is respected--you have a knack for rhyme schemes and your pacing is next to immortally perfect, so I would hate for you to stop being in competitions again over whatever/whoever the animosity is towards.

Good luck in whatever decision you make with your situation and I hope to see you in the N round as I'm sure Stu does too

Congrats to INVISIBLE BOY on a huge victory and what I'm pretty sure is his FIRST GOLD!!

Congrats as always to King Kristof and Up and Coming Vet Matthias

Sincerely,
Dave

Written By: Invisible Boy on 02/07/08 at 12:49 pm

I can't believe I won a gold !!! Thanks so much to all that voted for me. I guess this parody was something we all related to.

Congratulations to Kristof and Matthias...

Great job by everyone who entered.

I'm thinking of tossing this one into the wildcard round, but I'm concerned that I may be "overexposing" this one by making some of you go back and vote on it again so soon. I'd like the enter the round, and this one has done the best for me so far.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks again.

IB

8)

Written By: skittlesking on 02/07/08 at 1:05 pm

I can't believe I won a gold !!! Thanks so much to all that voted for me. I guess this parody was something we all related to.

Congratulations to Kristof and Matthias...

Great job by everyone who entered.

I'm thinking of tossing this one into the wildcard round, but I'm concerned that I may be "overexposing" this one by making some of you go back and vote on it again so soon. I'd like the enter the round, and this one has done the best for me so far.

IB

8)

Well enter something buddy, you belong, it is WildCard that really started things on the up for Kristof. . .seriously, just ask him

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 02/07/08 at 1:32 pm

First of all, thanks very much for voting me into equal second with Matty.....it's the best I could hope for after reading IB's tour de force

Big congrats to the Transparent One, who honestly had this round sewn up from day 1. A class act, much deserving of the chunk of metal it earned

Equal congrats to Matty, who pulled off the nigh on impossible task of taking a podium position with A SKYHOOKS SONG! And to think, mate...you'd probably never heard of them a few months ago.... ;D

IB

8)

Well enter something buddy, you belong, it is WildCard that really started things on the up for Kristof. . .seriously, just ask him

Dave's right, IB....I indeed earned my first SOTM medal in Wildcard 2004, and it certainly didn't do me any harm....I believe you may be headed for a similar success trajectory, given what I've read so far.
If you feel this is your BEST work, by all means enter it, regardless of the result in this comp. Experience has shown that pretty much everyone will vote honestly and not make decisions beyond the quality of the parody....if Lyric Man is the best entry, it will win...simple!
Good luck; I'll definitely be voting in Wildcard this year!

Written By: DoRitos on 02/08/08 at 4:40 am

Congrats to you IB - Well done - You sure you didn't get any help with this?  :o  :D  One could almost hear the chords reading this - but then I'm sure the cord was cut along with the parody.  Quite an accomplishment!

Written By: Invisible Boy on 02/08/08 at 10:53 am

Congrats to you IB - Well done - You sure you didn't get any help with this?  :o   :D  One could almost hear the chords reading this - but then I'm sure the cord was cut along with the parody.  Quite an accomplishment!

Thank you Guy. Welcome back to the "L" round. I'm not sure what you meant by the "help/chord" comment but I think that you think I'm someone other than who I am.

8)

Written By: DoRitos on 02/08/08 at 12:13 pm

IB -You are to me what you appear to be - Invisible.  Just messin' with ya for that "Guygate" bidness.  I'm really happy for you.

Written By: DoRitos on 02/17/08 at 6:34 am

An incident involving an amirighter has had some White Hat measures applied.  It was determined that an amirighter had some of their completed parodies in the draft portion of their email.  Their email was compromised.  These particular few songs were stolen through Black Hat techniques and the subsequent theft of intellectual property was posted on the site by an author using a screen name.  Steps have been taken by the violated to stop this from ever happening again.  The Black Hat's identity has been determined.  The White Hat association that made the discovery has provided authorities with their information on the theft and the Black Hat hacker will be dealt with for their actions as much as the law permits.    My issue with not participating in this round was based upon the fact that the person(s) were unknown to me and still are  and I refused to vote for anyone because of this.  I feel that any recurrence of this activity by the same party(s) will not happen now.  I feel now like whatever work I vote for now is the work of the author whose name is on it.  Sorry about being so hush-hush about this when I dropped out.    I knew darn little when I dropped out of this comp except who the violated party is and that a third party did not believe the violated amirighter.  I was not given any info on who this was that did the hacking and I don't need to know.  Just knowing that they have been identified and stopped, is all that I need to continue on if I feel I want to participate in any comps.  Giving this info out on the open board back when may have caused a compromise to White Hat's efforts.  Anyway I'm glad that the incident has been mostly resolved and life can go back to normal., at least for me. 

Written By: skittlesking on 02/17/08 at 9:47 am

An incident involving an amirighter has had some White Hat measures applied.  It was determined that an amirighter had some of their completed parodies in the draft portion of their email.  Their email was compromised.  These particular few songs were stolen through Black Hat techniques and the subsequent theft of intellectual property was posted on the site by an author using a screen name.  Steps have been taken by the violated to stop this from ever happening again.  The Black Hat's identity has been determined.  The White Hat association that made the discovery has provided authorities with their information on the theft and the Black Hat hacker will be dealt with for their actions as much as the law permits.    My issue with not participating in this round was based upon the fact that the person(s) were unknown to me and still are  and I refused to vote for anyone because of this.  I feel that any recurrence of this activity by the same party(s) will not happen now.  I feel now like whatever work I vote for now is the work of the artist whose name is on it.  Sorry about being so hush-hush about this when I dropped out.    I knew darn little when I dropped out of this comps except who the violated party is and that a third party did not believe the violated amirighter.  I was not given any info on who this was that did the hacking and I don't need to know.  Just knowing that they have been identified and stopped, is all that I need to continue on if I feel I want to participate in any comps.  Giving this info out on the open board back when may have caused a compromise to White Hat's efforts.  Anyway I'm glad that the incident has been mostly resolved and life can go back to normal., at least for me. 

Oy Vei, that sounds awful. . .

Check for new replies or respond here...