inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Great Amiright Parody Challange (Once Again)

Written By: Matthias on 02/29/08 at 9:21 am

Ahhhhh.... I sure miss this competition that Tomario started about a year and a half ago. It was great fun, because you didn't know what you were going to expect, I got landed with my first classical song, Jeff got his first rap song, and Conqueror got his first Broadway song. It was certainly a blast to see what people came up with when put into a certain situation, and now.... It's time to bring it back (I hope you don't mind Tomario, where ever you are!).
Here's the rules of The Great Amiright Parody Challange quoted from Tomario...

:)

think you can write a good parody ?  :)

think you can gain the adulation of your fellow parodeers  :o

think you can parody any song  :-\\

well come and join the toughest parody contest on the site !

what do i have to do i hear you ask  ???

well it's simple all you have to do is write a parody

the catch is the song you have to parody will be chosen by your fellow contestants.

???confused well don't be.here is how it works

to enter the contest you leave a post on this thread volunteering to join in
also on your post include a song you would like someone to parody.

i'll give it a week for  people to enter

then i will draw the names and songs(making sure you don't get the one you suggested)
and post them here.

then you have two weeks to parody the song allocated.

voting will be as usual, leave comments then mark your top five favourites

5 for the best 4 3 2 1 ect

To avoid dktos please provide a Youtube link, or a link of any sort to where we can find the original song

any probs just let me know.

look forward to you all volunteering

thank you for your time

as you can see i have started the ball rolling.......

Subject: Re: The Great Amiright Parody Challange (Once Again)

Written By: Matthias on 02/29/08 at 9:24 am

I'm going to start us off with one of the toughest song that I ever had to do...

"Mope" by The Bloodhound Gang
The Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCYJTdSbYWw (The video leaves out the begining part, that the lyrics have)
The Lyrics: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/bloodhoundgang/mope.html

Written By: skittlesking on 02/29/08 at 9:27 am

I am heading to work, I will think about whether or not I want to enter. . . namely because there is a rule I'm a bit confused about among the fact that contests are wearing me out a bit. . .but the commercially unashamed songs?  I would think any song that a YouTube or MP3 can be provided for would be acceptable parody material. . .Unless I'm misunderstanding the rule, this means I can't submit songs from an album that didn't make it commercially. . .I shall think on it.

Written By: Matthias on 02/29/08 at 9:31 am

I am heading to work, I will think about whether or not I want to enter. . . namely because there is a rule I'm a bit confused about among the fact that contests are wearing me out a bit. . .but the commercially unashamed songs?  I would think any song that a YouTube or MP3 can be provided for would be acceptable parody material. . .Unless I'm misunderstanding the rule, this means I can't submit songs from an album that didn't make it commercially. . .I shall think on it.

I'm removing that rule... And replacing it with "To avoid DKTOS please provide a link to the original song" (It makes more sense in my opinion, why should we leave Indie out on such a gloriously tricky competition?)

Written By: skittlesking on 02/29/08 at 9:32 am

Thank you, as you know I was thinking about challenging my own song (which is a very tough OS :) ) 

Written By: agrimorfee on 02/29/08 at 2:18 pm

BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!
"READY OR NOT HERE I COME"

http://www.schoolhouserock.tv/Ready.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSnZFykq5n8

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 02/29/08 at 7:06 pm

Because I'm feeling particularly evil right now:

Shaddup You Face by Joe Dolce

Youtube video

Written By: Jack Wilson on 02/29/08 at 7:09 pm

Because I'm feeling particularly evil right now:

Shaddup You Face by Joe Dolce

Youtube video
Id think itd be really hard to parody that LOL

Written By: skittlesking on 02/29/08 at 7:13 pm

Holy crap those first entries are hard. . .I will keep thinking on this one, this may too much for me right after Decathlon

Written By: Matthias on 02/29/08 at 8:34 pm

Holy crap those first entries are hard. . .I will keep thinking on this one, this may too much for me right after Decathlon

C'mon Dave... Don't wuss out. The person who did "Curbside Prophet" can easilly handel a few of these "hard" songs. I mean they're not even on the Epic 40, and you're going to complete all of that. This is a good warm up for the harder ones in that.

Written By: skittlesking on 02/29/08 at 8:36 pm

C'mon Dave... Don't wuss out. The person who did "Curbside Prophet" can easilly handel a few of these "hard" songs. I mean they're not even on the Epic 40, and you're going to complete all of that. This is a good warm up for the harder ones in that.

You like the word 'wuss' don't you  >:(

I have to think about it. . .I think "My Storm" by Below Average Dave is hard and all, but not nearly as much as the first three entered, we have a week to think about it. . .so in the words of Meatloaf "Let Me Sleep on It, Matty Matty Let Me Sleep On It". . . or something like that

Written By: Matthias on 02/29/08 at 10:09 pm

You like the word 'wuss' don't you  >:(

I have to think about it. . .I think "My Storm" by Below Average Dave is hard and all, but not nearly as much as the first three entered, we have a week to think about it. . .so in the words of Meatloaf "Let Me Sleep on It, Matty Matty Let Me Sleep On It". . . or something like that

"Work It" out Dave, "It's The End Of The World", but not really because "Marshall Mathers" told "Stan" to "Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Can See" and all he had to say was "OPP"  ;)

Written By: skittlesking on 02/29/08 at 10:12 pm

"Work It" out Dave, "It's The End Of The World", but not really because "Marshall Mathers" told "Stan" to "Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Can See" and all he had to say was "OPP"  ;)

Yeah well, "Call Me" so we can work out this "Hot Stuff" and sing "We Are the Champions" as you achieved your first SOTM regulation podium, I hope you "Sing for the Moment" because when you are down here you'll need your voice

Written By: ThaConqueror on 03/01/08 at 12:21 am

Heh, thanks for the shout-out, Matty! Of course, I didn't know then it was a Broadway song - in fact, you only just revealed it to me!

Now, I'm going to be evil again and submit a rap song - and it's not well-known either, so there's a double whammy.

I WISH by SKEE-LO

Lyrics

YouTube vid

Oh, it's fun to be an arsewipe sometimes...

Written By: Matthias on 03/02/08 at 2:52 pm

C'mon people!
We could do this with only four, but that would be really boring!
C'mon Dave! C'mon Stuart! C'mon Johnny D! C'mon Red Ant!!!
What happened to all of you guys who were in the last one?

(I know it's only Sunday, and you have till Friday to enter, but I for one am excited about this competition, because it was a blast last time!!!)

Written By: skittlesking on 03/02/08 at 3:33 pm

Johnny D is retired from competing, Red Ant hasn't been active in new parodies much nor has Stuart (though I think either one of them could really dominate this if they wanted to)

I'm still looking through my mind Matty. . .If I join, my song will not be as evil as the four that have been posted so far, and I do feel that will put me at a disadvantage. . .but give me some time, you gave us till Friday let me think on it. . .

Oh yeah, and do you have a picture of a Fat Person doing the Macarena that doesn't mind her picture being posted (or his I guess either way) . . .

Written By: skittlesking on 03/02/08 at 7:01 pm

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=633166&songID=6032953

Lyrics and Song File. . .

My Storm by Below Average Dave

It may not be as difficult as the four already entered parodies, but I don't think coming up with an idea to this will be very easy. . .so that is my entry.

Written By: Invisible Boy on 03/02/08 at 7:50 pm

I hope I don't live to regret it, but I'd like to jump into this comp...

If some are going to enter "Rap" tunes, how about the song that many say was the first "Rap" hit.

"Rapture" by Blondie

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHPikUPlRD8

Lyrics: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/blondie/rapture.html

http://www.tvland.com/photogallery/photos/blondie.jpg

Look Dave...Debbie Harry seems to be a fan of yours

8)

Written By: Matthias on 03/05/08 at 11:14 am

Anybody Else Intrested In Joining!!!

6 is okay, but it's not as good as we had last time.
So anybody else want to take this on?!?!?!?!?

Written By: Jack Wilson on 03/05/08 at 1:54 pm

I;m on!!!!

Written By: Matthias on 03/05/08 at 2:03 pm

I;m on!!!!

Jack we need you to add a song you want to see parodied in order to join in, because we'll not have enough songs if we have more contestants than songs to parody.

Written By: agrimorfee on 03/05/08 at 3:24 pm

Jack we need you to add a song you want to see parodied in order to join in, because we'll not have enough songs if we have more contestants than songs to parody.

Preferably something with a high degree of head-numbing difficulty to parody, and you must include lyrics, if not a video.

Written By: Jack Wilson on 03/05/08 at 4:20 pm

Butterfly- Crazy Town

Video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UculXjdcSYs&feature=related

Lyrics : http://www.geocities.com/aorlyrics/Lyrics/Butterfly_Crazy_Town.html

Check for new replies or respond here...