inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: SOTY Voting Thread! RESULTS POSTED (No really-not an April Fools Prank Result)

Written By: skittlesking on 02/29/08 at 11:02 pm

This thread is the annual SOTY Thread

Being that I am hosting it now--I saw there was no rule against me changing things up to make them more interesting this year

First, just like last year, the top 3 from all 12 months AND Wildcard are entered. . .and the SOTM participation being the only requirement to vote is generally not changing, but there are a few you should be aware of!

1st: I'm changing how many you pick to TOP 10 entrants.
      My reasoning for this is simple, we pick 5 out of an average 15 to 20 entrants per month, that's between 33% and 25% of the total entrants, if we are literally doubling that in entrants, shouldn't we literally double it in votes cast?  Last year picking 7 out of the 39 BEST parodies of the year was friggin impossible, this will give a little more leway and reflect more accurately the actual SOTM numbers they are based on

2nd: Since this does not count towards Author of the Year standings, I am adding in a point bonus for those who vote.  Nothing against those who do not have time to vote in this optional contest, but it discourages voting to allow one to win without having to vote because voting would put those who do vote at a disadvantage.  Similar to Artistry, you will be awarded points on each entry you have in this competition.  Your songs will each receive 10 points by voting, and that's every entry you have. . .there is no disadvantage to anyone who votes because it won't alter the ranks, but you also won't penalize yourself by voting because you'll give your songs an equal vote to that of the song you give 1st place.  This will encourage more people to vote, without erasing points from those who don't. . .and without penalizing those that do

3rd: Commenting is not required IF you have already commented on the song previously like last year, the difference is last year I think we actually allowed people to completely skip reading songs that they did not read the first time around, which is a disservice to the entrants who were in smaller months.

The other rules will remain in tact, and if anyone wishes to challenge these rules please let me know, but I think these three rules will make things fair.  A LOT of people did NOT VOTE in the SOTY last year, that's very unfortunate because the songs that one were great pieces that deserved the honor. . .this year I want this contest to really reflect the field that created it. . .so please everyone let's vote this year whether or not have earned a spot. . .good luck everyone

Other rules remain unchanged
~~Anyone who's participated in a SOTM contest may vote.
~~Vote by choosing your ten favorites in order.  ten points to your favorite, nine points to your second favorite and so on.
~~You're not allowed to vote for your own parody.
~~Once you vote, you're not allowed to change it.
~~Points do NOT count toward the Parody Author of the Year Contest.
~~Voting ends at midnight, eastern standard time, March 31st.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. 88 Lines About 44 Cartoon Females by Chris Frederick

2. 88 Lines About 44 Strange Dates by Kristof Robertson

3. A Fight With My Wife by Stuart McArthur

4. Antarctican Terrorist by Below Average Dave

5. (Buy, Buy) An African Child by Kristof Robertson

6. Everything Shows by Phil Alexander

7. Free Tits by Phil Alexander

8. Fun Park Al-Qaeda by Kristof Robertson

9. Guilty Teeth Have Frog Legs Bitten by Stuart McArthur

10. Hardrockhiphoppunkyfunkyemotechnodiscocountry by Kristof Robertson

11. Homley No More by Jeff Reuben

12. I Am A Tired Runner In A Super-Ultramarathon by Peter Anderson

13. I Didn't Use the F-Word by Peter Anderson aka K1chyd

14. I Don't Really Care by Red Ant

15. I Only Want a Neat Igloo by Stuart McArthur

16. Jesus on the Bun by Kristof Robertson

17. Lola (The Ex-Wife of this Dude I Met) by Stuart McArthur

18. Lyrics Man by Invisible Boy

19. Makin' Love in the Men's Bathroom Stall by Mikey Squirrel

20. More Relations? No! by Cat

21. My Family's Strange by wannabemustangjockey

22. No Regret-o (....Priscilla honey) by Stuart McArthur

23. Prequel to Stan (When he Believed in Santa) by Stuart McArthur

24. Quite a Spiteful Night by Stuart McArthur

25. R. I. P. Pluto by Stuart McArthur

26. Reindeer Horn Buyers Get Elk Poop For Free by Peter Anderson

27. Small Doomed Tits by EmiLoca

28. Sex(i)est by Kristof Robertson

29. Sting at the Moment by Agrimorfee

30. The Fundamentalist's Song by Phil Alexander

31. The Techies of PC World by Phil Alexander

32. Too Much Medication by Yoidy!

33. Totally Dissed Noah's Ark by Stuart McArthur

34. Uneasy Writer by Matthias

35. Very, Very Sensible by Stuart McArthur

36. Won't You Make it Snow by Agrimorfee

37. Your Band is Called What? by Kristof Robertson

38. Your Mom by Kristof Robertson

39. Yum Deities byMcKludge

Subject: Re: SOTY Voting Thread! EVERYONE PLEASE VOTE DURING MARCH!!

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 03/02/08 at 3:17 pm

Hey Dave,

You might want to check number 39....as great as "Yum Deities" was, it ain't mine....McKludge was the creator of that masterpiece!

Written By: Matthias on 03/02/08 at 3:19 pm

Hey Dave,

You might want to check number 39....as great as "Yum Deities" was, it ain't mine....McKludge was the creator of that masterpiece!

It's also misspelled

Written By: skittlesking on 03/02/08 at 3:31 pm

Fixed & Fixed. . .anyone who notices something of that nature please let me know. . .I got this up really quickly, and I think most of it's right--but there's bound to be a few more slight mistakes in there.

Written By: McKludge on 03/03/08 at 3:14 pm

Hey Dave,

Well, the title was yours  :)

It's also misspelled

And I also get the shaft of being last alphabetically  :)  By the time folks read the other 38 parodies, they'll be burned out  :\'(  (j/k)

Written By: Mikey Squirrel on 03/03/08 at 4:25 pm

Wow! A 1 in 39 chance!  :o
Good thing we have all month to vote on this, this is gonna be hard to choose... these are the best of the best!

Written By: agrimorfee on 03/03/08 at 5:06 pm

I've got my 10 already in mind... 8) the hard part is ranking them from 1-10!  :o

Written By: agrimorfee on 03/04/08 at 7:54 am

10=10. Hardrockhiphoppunkyfunkyemotechnodiscocountry by Kristof Robertson
9=23. Prequel to Stan (When he Believed in Santa) by Stuart McArthur
8=27. Small Doomed Tits by EmiLoca
7=33. Totally Dissed Noah's Ark by Stuart McArthur
6=2. 88 Lines About 44 Strange Dates by Kristof Robertson
5=4. Antarctican Terrorist by Below Average Dave
4=20. More Relations? No! by Cat
3=39. Yum Deities by McKludge
2=24. Quite a Spiteful Night by Stuart McArthur
1=1. 88 Lines About 44 Cartoon Females by Chris Frederick

What the hell ever happened to Chris Frederick?  :o Nobody has ever come out of the gates with such a strong work that has impacted our Amiright lives as he has...he may become the Harper Lee of Hilarity if he never comes out of hiding and graces us with another work such as "88 Lines about 44 Cartoon Women".

Written By: jreuben on 03/04/08 at 9:12 am

Just to be sure, are the numbers on the left the number of points for each song, or the place (for example, does #10 get 10 points, or is it your 10th place song-one point)?

10=#10
9=#23
8=#27
7=#33
6=#2
5=#4
4=#20
3=#39
2=#24
1=#1

What the hell ever happened to Chris Frederick?  :o Nobody has ever come out of the gates with such a strong work that has impacted our Amiright lives as he has...he may become the Harper Lee of Hilarity if he never comes out of hiding and graces us with another work such as "88 Lines about 44 Cartoon Women".

Written By: agrimorfee on 03/04/08 at 11:28 am

Just to be sure, are the numbers on the left the number of points for each song, or the place (for example, does #10 get 10 points, or is it your 10th place song-one point)?

Left=my top 10 entrants as per BAD's rule)
Right=the contestant as listed on the 1st post. I have now edited with the title/authors.

Written By: K1chyd on 03/06/08 at 1:14 pm

2nd: Since this does not count towards Author of the Year standings, I am adding in a point bonus for those who vote.  Nothing against those who do not have time to vote in this optional contest, but it discourages voting to allow one to win without having to vote because voting would put those who do vote at a disadvantage.  Similar to Artistry, you will be awarded points on each entry you have in this competition.  Your songs will each receive 10 points by voting...

I appreciate the initiative but unless I make a huge error in thinking here I find it to work the other way around as fairness in a potential tie at the top goes. If we look at last year we had a draw where one of the drawees probably remained in that position by not having the time to read and vote on all 39, while voting just one point to the other's parody would have given the victory to that one. Under this rule and in the same situation the same drawee will score ten points for his/hers own parody and must give his/hers top vote to the other's for it to even remain a tie, whereas one to nine points given still takes the votee himself/herself in front. Not that I have another solution...

Written By: skittlesking on 03/06/08 at 2:07 pm

I appreciate the initiative but unless I make a huge error in thinking here I find it to work the other way around as fairness in a potential tie at the top goes. If we look at last year we had a draw where one of the drawees probably remained in that position by not having the time to read and vote on all 39, while voting just one point to the other's parody would have given the victory to that one. Under this rule and in the same situation the same drawee will score ten points for his/hers own parody and must give his/hers top vote to the other's for it to even remain a tie, whereas one to nine points given still takes the votee himself/herself in front. Not that I have another solution...

Well that's not entirely true because last year would not have been a tie because the one drawee would have had ten points, had the other person who did not vote voted to where the other person got so much as one point--it would have broken the tie, but remember last years tie did not involve any such rule. . .essentially this would make no difference at all in the standings if everyone were to vote. . .last year it would have actually made a difference in the standings. . .Now if you are suggesting the other votee would be a disadvantage last year if that person had voted with this rule because it likely would have broken the tie, perhaps thats true, but that would be fair also as the winner would have earned more points.  For the record I am not casting my vote for or against the two people who were tied, however if the one tied person who did vote had not voted, that person would have won because some of that person's points went to the person tied who didn't vote. . .in essence it's just like any other contest where voting is mandatory, you are likely to hurt your own rank when you choose to vote late in a close competition because (so long as we are honest with our votes--which I believe most of us are) of whatever reason--those who you are close to in rank are likely to get some points from you, while you gain no points.

This rule doesn't affect the standings except as a bonus that those who don't vote don't get. . .the example you used did not have this rule, and if it had, that tie wouldn't have existed at that time, because one of the two tied at top had voted, and therefore under this rule would have had the bonus points. . .so had the other person voted, that person also would have gotten ten points, which would have placed it back into a tie, and had the one who did voted gotten any points from that voter, it would have broken said tie. . .not to say I'm in anyway demeaning last year's contest, but I'd like to put a clear advantage on the part of those who take the time to vote without making it mandatory for those who just don't want to vote.

Written By: agrimorfee on 03/06/08 at 2:52 pm

Whew,,,I'm glad you two understand what you are talking about.  :o

Written By: skittlesking on 03/06/08 at 3:07 pm

LOL Agri. . ..Hey Peter, if you'd like I could send more reasoning via PM for this, but in essence it doesn't affect the standings in the end unless someone chooses to game the point system, which they can do with or without this rule. . .and it's helped encourage a very high voter to entry ratio in Artistry (a comp I run where people enter parodies of the artists which are drawn from a playlist pre-selected via nominations back in mid 2007)  Yes it's possible that someone who is not sure how they would do would count up points and watch until the ending dates, and then see if voting would put them ahead of anyone else, but the same can be said about no bonus points at all, there is no honest way to eliminate cheating unfortunately--but as I said I believe most of the regular contestants don't cheat (especially those that end up in the SOTY comp). . .I know that it happens--but cheating where nothing but pride is involved would be kinda silly IMHO--not that people won't do it--but I don't see a good reason to.

Written By: K1chyd on 03/07/08 at 1:53 am

This rule doesn't affect the standings except as a bonus that those who don't vote don't get.

This must be where my thinking must have fumbled in receiving the ball in the first place, not that you didn't threw it with a double negative… ;)

The example you used did not have this rule, and if it had, that tie wouldn't have existed at that time, because one of the two tied at top had voted, and therefore under this rule would have had the bonus points.

Fair enough. I should have made a clearer distinction between a situation that really has existed but would have been different under this new rule and an imaginary one where there's a similar tie but with voter bonus points already included. Second Fumble!

*Ahem* There's no three strikes/fumbles and you're out rule, is there?

Written By: K1chyd on 03/23/08 at 2:41 am

Well, time to get this arduous revisiting done, I decided to be as hard and critical in my judging as Osama on the Western Civilization on a bad beard day – still ended up with 22 songs on the first short list – 'tis been a good year for parodies indeed. Later, after a mental digestive cutting process that in terms of pain can only be described as passing (another) 12 cerebral kidney stones, I ended up with this:

1 Point: "Totally Dissed Noah's Ark" - #33

2 Points: "A Fight With My Wife" - #3

3 Points: "Everything Shows" - #6

4 Points: "Prequel to Stan...(back when he believed in Santa)" - #23

5 Points: "Yum, Deities!" - #39

6 Points: "The Fundamentalist's Song" - #30

7 Points: "Funpark Al-Qaeda" - #8

8 Points: "Small, Doomed Tits" - #27

9 Points: "Makin' Love (In The Men's Bathroom Stall)" - #19

10 Points: "Sexist" - #28

Written By: philbo on 03/23/08 at 5:12 pm

It's taken quite a bit of time going through these again but an enjoyable one.  Certainly reinforced what a roll Kristof has been on this year: staggeringly consistent and amazingly good.  But it's the variety of humour that's most impressive: so many different targets beautifully skewered.

And very well done all my fellow also-rans: many of these would have been worthy SOTM winners that simply got blown out of the water by someone really at the top of his game (at least, I hope he's at the top, for the sake of my ego ;))

10 points - #5. (Buy, Buy) An African Child by Kristof Robertson
9  points - #8. Fun Park Al-Qaeda by Kristof Robertson
8  points - #27. Small Doomed Tits by EmiLoca
7  points - #39. Yum Deities by McKludge
6  points - #15. I Only Want a Neat Igloo by Stuart McArthur
5  points - #20. More Relations? No! by Cat
4  points - #16. Jesus on the Bun by Kristof Robertson
3  points - #26. Reindeer Horn Buyers Get Elk Poop For Free by Peter Anderson
2  points - #11. Homely No More by Jeff Reuben
1  point  - #28. Sex(i)est by Kristof Robertson

HM Stu's Prequel to Stan masterpiece, Peter's F-word super-ultra-marathon..

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 03/24/08 at 3:09 pm

Well, what a stupendous year for parody writing.....congrats to all for some sterling work in 2007. I actually had two dilemmas to deal with in choosing my 10: firstly, eliminating some incredibly worthy parodies from my shortlist (I always hate that....) and secondly: which and how many of Stu's 10 winners to include

Oh dear....it was never going to be easy

10 pts: Guilty Teeth Have Frog's Legs Bitten
9 pts: 88 Lines About 44 Cartoon Females
8 pts: Free Tits
7 pts: Prequel To Stan
6 pts: More Relations? No!
5 pts: Yum, Deities!
4 pts: Smalled Doomed Tits
3 pts: Quite A Spiteful Night
2 pts: Techies Of PC World
1 pt: Makin Love in The Men's Bathroom Stall

(going to have a lie down now...)  ;D

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 03/24/08 at 4:21 pm

Well, what a stupendous year for parody writing.....congrats to all for some sterling work in 2007.

d'oh you just got in ahead of me..........(as always :()

Firstly, congrats to Dave for devising the perfect solution to the non-compulsory-voting problem.  At first I was unsure about parodies getting bonus votes for nothing, but then I realised it resolves problems in all 3 scenarios.  1. If everyone votes, the extra bonus votes become meaningless anyway, AND they've been responsible for the ultimate desirable outcome (ie. everyone voting)  2. If most people vote, the couple that didn't are penalised, but that's appropriate also.  3. It was the third scenario, just a handful of voters I was unsure about, but that works too, not just because those few deserve a reward, but because of the unlikelihood of there even BEING a third scenario due to the big stick of penalties.  Imo, that reduction in likelihood alone justifies Dave's system. So bravo from me, Dave - it's one of them creative, elegant-in-its-simplicity soltutions one sometimes hears tale of, and I'll probably use it in the ABC4 finals.

Now to my votes.  It will be no surprise that I found it hard to exclude any of Kristof's from the top ten.  I just immediately connect with his sense of humour.  Pretty much everything he writes I find funny.  We obviously have very similar humours, except he's just much funnier than me.

I also made a decision not to include list parodies in my top ten.  My favourite list songs were Red Ant's and Peter's, but I'm not a fan of list songs (despite writing a lot of them) because they get away with not needing a narrative or a structure (which are dimensions I judge other parodies on)

My last cull was Yum Deities, Too Much Medication, and Your Band Is Called What? so sorry McKludge and sorry Yoidy and sorry Kristof (better luck next year mate)

10 points..............(Buy, Buy) An African Child by Kristof Robertson
9 points................The Fundamentalist's Song by Phil Alexander
8 points................Small Doomed Tits by EmiLoca
7 points................Fun Park Al-Qaeda by Kristof Robertson
6 points................Everything Shows by Phil Alexander
5 points................Hardrockhiphoppunkyfunkyemotechnodiscocountry by Kristof Robertson
4 points................Sex(i)est by Kristof Robertson
3 points................More Relations? No! by Cat
2 points................My Family's Strange by wannabemustangjockey
1 point.................Reindeer Horn Buyers Get Elk Poop For Free by Peter Anderson

Written By: Matthias on 03/24/08 at 7:54 pm

Whew! That was a lot of parodies to read.... But here are my well thought out points to the fellow parodies that deserve them most..

10 Points: "88 Lines About 44 Cartoon Women" by Chris Fredrick
9 Points: "Funpark Al-Queda" by Kristof Robertson
8 Points: "Prequel To Stan (When He Believed In Santa)" by Stuart McArthur
7 Points: "Sex(i)est" by Kristof Robertson
6 Points: "(Buy, Buy) An African Child" by Kristof Robertson
5 Points: "Reindeer Horn Buyers Get Elk Poop For Free" by Peter Andersson aka K1chyd
4 Points: "Antarctican Terrorist" by Below Average Dave
3 Points: "Homely No More" by Jeff Reuben
2 Points: "My Family's Strange" by Wannabemustangjockey
1 Points: "Makin' Love In The Men's Bathroom Stall" by Mikey Squirrel

Written By: Red Ant on 03/29/08 at 7:53 pm

Even with 10 choices I wanted 20, lol.

10 points to #8: Fun Park Al-Qaeda by Kristof Robertson
9 points to #39: Yum Deities by McKludge
8 points to #28: Sex(i)est by Kristof Robertson
7 points to #19: Makin' Love in the Men's Bathroom Stall by Mikey Squirrel
6 points to #18: Lyrics Man by Invisible Boy
5 points to #26: Reindeer Horn Buyers Get Elk Poop For Free by Peter Anderson
4 points to #11: Homley No More by Jeff Reuben
3 points to #4:  Antarctican Terrorist by Below Average Dave
2 points to #7:  Free Tits by Phil Alexander
1 points to #23. Prequel to Stan (When he Believed in Santa) by Stuart McArthur

Honorables to all, but especially "Too Much Medication" and "88 Lines about 44 Cartoon Females".

Ant

Written By: McKludge on 03/30/08 at 4:02 pm

Man, reading 38 parodies in a day was the wrong plan.  But here goes

10 points to #5:  (Buy, buy) An African Child by Kristof Robertson.  A great skewering of a bizarre trend.  Each different chorus was outstanding.
9 points to #19:  Makin' Love in the Men's Bathroom Stall by Mikey Squirrel.  The subject matter and description of the location made this a winner to me.  Can't believe it only got a bronze that month.
8 points to #28:  Sex(i)est by Kristof Robertson.  Not at all representative of my personality, but I've met a few louts like this.
7 points to #33:  Totally Dissed Noah's Ark by Stuart McArthur.  It's in my top ten of most despised OS's, so any time someone carves it up, I like it.  And very clever re-use of the "Turn Around" lyric.
6 points to #20:  More Relations? No! by Cat.  Points simply for the challenge of the OS, but also keeping a cohesive story and not drifting into filler material.
5 points to #27:  Small Doomed Tits by EmiLoca.  One of my favorite OS's coupled with great self-depricating lyrics.
4 points to #38:  Your Mom by Kristof Robertson.  Another lame-o OS that got the skewering it deserved.
3 points to #36:  Won't You Make It Snow? by Agrimorfee.  Again, points simply for the challenge of the OS.
2 points to #24:  Quite a Spiteful Night by Stuart McArthur.  I'm starting to fall into the group of people who are growing tired of the Big 7, but the celebrity play on this was great.
1 point to #8:  Fun-Park al-Qaeda by Kristof Robertson.  Say, aren't you represented enough here already  :)

I feel a tad lame putting 4 parodies of Kristof's in the top ten, but echoing Stu's comment earlier, I too just connect with his humor.

Written By: jreuben on 03/31/08 at 5:15 pm

I'll be finishing up in the next few hours  :)

Written By: skittlesking on 03/31/08 at 7:26 pm

1 Point to Reindeer Horn Buyers Get Elk Poop For Free by Peter Anderson

2 Points to Uneasy Writer by Matthias

3 Points to My Family's Strange by wannabemustangjockey

4 Points to Fun Park Al-Qaeda by Kristof Robertson

5 Points to Too Much Medication by Yoidy!

6 Points to Yum Deities by McKludge

7 Points to Homley No More by Jeff Reuben

8 Points to Prequel to Stan (When he Believed in Santa) by Stuart McArthur

9 Points to Sting at the Moment by Agrimorfee

10 Points to (Buy, Buy) An African Child by Kristof Robertson

Written By: jreuben on 03/31/08 at 8:05 pm

10 pts:  Buy an African Child
9 pts:  A Fight With My Wife
8 pts:  Sexiest
7 pts:  Totally Dissed Noah's Ark
7 pts:  Small Doomed Tits
5 pts:  88 Lines about 44 Dates
4 pts:  Antarctican Terrorist
3 pts:  My Family's Strange
2 pts:  Making Love In the Men's Bathroom Stall
1 pt:  88 Lines about 44 Cartoon Females

Written By: Mikey Squirrel on 03/31/08 at 10:50 pm

Nike Girl?? This is my April fools name? I've always been a Reebok kind of guy...
Oh well, this contest was a toughie to narrow down to ten, but here I go...

10 pts: 88 Lines About 44 Cartoon Females by Chris Frederick
9 pts: I Didn't Use the F-Word by Peter Anderson
8 pts: Fun Park Al-Qaeda by Kristof Robertson
7 pts: Totally Dissed Noah's Ark by Stuart McArthur
6 pts: Antarctican Terrorist by Below Average Dave
5 pts: Small Doomed Tits by EmiLoca
4 pts: (Buy, Buy) An African Child by Kristof Robertson
3 pts: Free Tits by Phil Alexander
2 pts: More Relations? No! by Cat
1 pt : Lyrics Man by Invisible Boy

Good job to everyone!

Written By: skittlesking on 03/31/08 at 11:05 pm

Here are the SOTY results . . .Um Lorena Bobbitson. . .you won all three spots!  Redundant maybe a bit
Congrats also to EmiLoca, Stu Get off her, McKludge, Nike Girl, Abovemediocredavina and Chris Frederick on your respective top ten finishes

1. (Buy, Buy) An African Child by Kristof Robertson (70)
2. Fun Park Al-Qaeda by Kristof Robertson (65)
3. Sex(i)est by Kristof Robertson (56)

4. Small Doomed Tits by EmiLoca (52)
5. Prequel to Stan (When he Believed in Santa) by Stuart McArthur (47)

6. Yum Deities by McKludge (45)
7. Totally Dissed Noah's Ark by Stuart McArthur (39)
7. Makin' Love in the Men's Bathroom Stall by Mikey Squirrel (39)
9. Antarctican Terrorist by Below Average Dave (32)
10. 88 Lines About 44 Cartoon Females by Chris Frederick (31)

11. More Relations? No! by Cat (26)
12. Hardrockhiphoppunky. . . by Kristof Robertson (25)
12. The Fundamentalist's Song by Phil Alexander (25)
12. Reindeer Horn Buyers by Peter Anderson (25)
15. Free Tits by Phil Alexander (23)

16. 88 Lines About 44 Strange Dates by Kristof Robertson (21)
16. A Fight With My Wife by Stuart McArthur (21)
18. Guilty Teeth Have Frog Legs Bitten by Stuart McArthur (20)
19. Everything Shows by Phil Alexander  (19)
19. Sting at the Moment by Agrimorfee (19)
19. I Didn't Use the F-Word by Peter Anderson (19)

22. Quite a Spiteful Night by Stuart McArthur (17)
23. I Only Want a Neat Igloo by Stuart McArthur (16)
23. Homely No More by Jeff Reuben (16)
25. Jesus on the Bun by Kristof Robertson (14)
25. Your Mom by Kristof Robertson (14)

27. Won't You Make it Snow by Agrimorfee (13)
28. The Techies of PC World by Phil Alexander (12)
28. Uneasy Writer by Matthias (12)
30. I Am A Tired Runner In A Superby Peter Anderson (10)
30. Your Band is Called What? by Kristof Robertson (10)
30. Lola (The Ex-Wife of this Dude I Met) by Stuart McArthur (10)
30. No Regret-o (....Priscilla honey) by Stuart McArthur (10)
30. R. I. P. Pluto by Stuart McArthur (10)
30. Very, Very Sensible by Stuart McArthur (10)
30. I Don't Really Care by Red Ant (10)
30. My Family's Strange by wannabemustangjockey (10)
38. Lyrics Man by Invisible Boy (7)
39. Too Much Medication by Yoidy! (5)

Subject: Re: SOTY Voting Thread! RESULTS POSTED (No really-not an April Fools Prank Result)

Written By: Matthias on 03/31/08 at 11:08 pm

Congrats to Kristof, Kristof, and Kristof

(Or should I say Pissed Off (Lorena) Bobbitson)

Subject: Re: SOTY Voting Thread! RESULTS POSTED (No really-not an April Fools Prank Resul

Written By: Mikey Squirrel on 04/01/08 at 12:27 am

Wow, number 7! Not bad considering it was only a bronze in SOTM. Thanks to everyone who voted for me, and congrats to Kristof (x3), EmiLoca, Stu (x2), McKludge, Dave and Chris for sharing the top ten with me!
Good job to all!

Subject: Re: SOTY Voting Thread! RESULTS POSTED (No really-not an April Fools Prank Resul

Written By: K1chyd on 04/01/08 at 1:23 am

Kongrats to Kristof for his unprecedented hat trick - I did not see that one coming - but I do notice that it's the third time in four years that a parody of American Pie takes top position in SOTY... Can we please retire it now?  :P

And on another unprecedented note - congrats to everyone for scoring points, albeit two contestants must not have voted since they had less than ten.

Subject: Re: SOTY Voting Thread! RESULTS POSTED (No really-not an April Fools Prank Result)

Written By: agrimorfee on 04/01/08 at 7:52 am

Jeezum, kristof (or whatever your name is today ;D ;D),,,Song(s) Of The Year is the name of this round, now.  8) 8) 8)

Written By: McKludge on 04/01/08 at 8:00 am

I guess we'll have to buy Kristof some new hats.  I'm sure his old ones won't fit anymore after this.  And how is he gonna stand on all three spots of the podium?  Just kinda lay across the top?

Seriously, congratulations Kristof and to the rest of the top ten.  As for me, sixth place is unexpected but not unappreciated!

An oddity that EmiLoca's parody which tied mine in SOTM beat mine in SOTY.  Just shows that hers had slightly larger mass appeal.  (Tits beat religion in my book, too  ;D)

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 04/01/08 at 4:55 pm

Well......geez!

I'm running out of ways of expressing my appreciation for the support y'all continue to give to my writing. I'm, as always, chuffed and honoured....I honestly never expect to do well (I've never been much of a competitor....). To get the top 3 slots was beyond my wildest expectations....hang on, is that the orchestra starting the walk-off music? I haven't finished yet...I've still got to thank my agent, the make-up girls and Jerry Bruckheimer!

Seriously....this is cool. Congrats to all on a fab 2007; quality stuff right across the seasons. Keep spoofing!

Written By: philbo on 04/01/08 at 5:55 pm

I'm not surprised, K - the challenge is definitely going to be whether you can keep it up :)

Well done to everyone who was in that list: it was a seriously good year, IMO.  Special congrats to Stu, too: he was damn near as consistent as Kristof.

The Boy from Wagga Wagga!

Has anyone done a "Girl from Ipanema" parody with that title yet?

Written By: Invisible Boy on 04/01/08 at 8:57 pm

Well, Kristof...a big giant Congratulations to you.

The sheer volume of great parody writing in this round was amazing. Great job all...

Philbo...do you mind if I steal your idea ?

8)

Written By: Red Ant on 04/01/08 at 9:26 pm

Congratulations to Kristof, Kristof and Kristof (sounds like a law firm name :D) for sweeping the podium.

Great parodies by all, and special thanks to Dave for changing up the rules a bit - 10 choices was better than 7, and I like the "vote and not get zero points" rule, lol

Also, thanks to Peter for making my latest recording possible - it's the first I've made for another author, and I hope my vocals do his lyrics justice.

Ant

Written By: philbo on 04/02/08 at 1:52 pm

Philbo...do you mind if I steal your idea ?

Yes, of course I mind!

...only joking ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...