inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Voting Thread For ABC4(Q) - *** results posted ***

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 04/17/08 at 5:25 pm

Welcome to the
ABC4 (Q)
Voting Thread

Voting deadline for ABC4(Q) is midnight (amiright time)  Wednesday April 30th
No votes date-stamped after the voting deadline will be accepted - no exceptions

Vote by replying to this thread with your five favorites in order:

1st choice........5 points
2nd place.........4 points
3rd place..........3 points
4th place..........2 points
5th place..........1 point

or in algebraic terms, p = 6 - r     (p=points, r=rank)

RULES
- Any parody beginning with the current letter is eligible, except parodies that have been entered into ABC1 or ABC2 or ABC3
- You're not allowed to vote for your own parody
- Once you've posted a vote, you're not allowed to change it
- Anyone who's participated in any previous ABC contest may vote
- Any entrant who hasn't left a comment on all entries is disqualified and may not participate in the next letter
- Any entrant who doesn't vote by the voting deadline (above) is disqualified and may not participate in the next letter

ALSO
Under no circumstances will a vote that missed the voting deadline be accepted (even by 1 second)
However the resulting disqualification from entry to the next ABC4 comp may be over-ruled, if you do the following...

1.  Post an "appeal" on this thread giving your excuse for missing the deadline, and plead for mercy
   2.  If your plea wins the sympathy of 3 other entrants your disqualification from the next round will be overturned
        Your late votes will still not count though 
        (if less than 4 entrants in the comp, only 2 sympathetic "Thumbs Ups" are required)

and the entries are.........

1.  Below Average Dave
The Quack
          Dave's recording here

2.  Agrimorfee
Quack Quack
          youtube here

3.  Jason
Quickety Quick!

4.  Red Ant
The Q On The Grill
          youtube here

5.  Doritos
Queued Next In The North Jersey Herald
          youtube here

6.  Matthias
Quickly Going Bald
          youtube here

7.  Stu McArthur
Quite A Spiteful Night

8.  Invisible Boy
Quotinglinesfromfamouswritersmakesyousoundpretentious

Subject: Re: Voting Thread For ABC4(Q) - deadline: midnight Wed April 30th

Written By: Jason on 04/18/08 at 1:56 am

Wow. Another great selection of tunes!

Here are my votes

5 Points to Invisible Boy's Quotinglinesfromfamouswritersmakesyousoundpretentious
4 Points to Stu McArthur's Spiteful Night
3 Points to Red Ant's Q Grill
2 Points to Agrimorfee's Quack Quack
1 Point to BA Daves Quack

Good Luck To All Of You!

Written By: DoRitos on 04/20/08 at 1:43 pm

Number 2  1 Point for Agri's take on an old TV mainstay that nearly everyone can relate to.
Number 6  2 Points for Matt and a parody that should make the Rogaine stock go up even it the hair does not.
Number 1  3 points for BAD's bad doctor.
Number 8  4 Points for IB for one of the longest OS titles ever.
Number 7  5 points for Stu's excellent handling of a most difficult OS to conquer

My entry deserves no votes since I was so cruel with my comments toward Matt and others - my best to all of you.  A great bunch of songs this round and the voting as usual has been difficult  HMs to IB and Red Ant.

Written By: Red Ant on 04/20/08 at 9:05 pm

Honorable mentions to Aggy (the OS was just too horrid, and it's been too long since I've seen the cartoons), Guy (very well written, the subject was just a bit outside my range though).

1 point to Jason - Cute, well done. Watch for typos/grammar errors.
2 points to Dave - Well-written and recorded. I wanted one super "lol" line though.
3 points to IB - Funny, and I suppose I could stand a slightly shorter version of "Supercali..."  ;)
4 points to Stu - Very funny, and your parody would work perfectly for solo karaoke.
5 points to Matt - Shame there's a 0.000000000000555% chance of a backing track available for TOS.

Ant

Written By: Matthias on 04/20/08 at 10:25 pm

Damn! Fast voters... I guess I'd better vote early too.

5 Points to Stuart's Celeberity Bash
4 Points to Invisible Boy's Misheard Quotes
3 Points to Agrimorfee's game of Duck-Duck-Goose
2 Points to Below Average Doctors
1 Point to Red Ants Q  (No BB shells in his meat) ;)

Written By: agrimorfee on 04/22/08 at 8:06 am

5pts=Stu (natch)
4pts=BAD
3pts=Matthias
2pts=IB
1pt=Jason

Honorable Mention to Guy for all of his effort.

Written By: skittlesking on 04/29/08 at 11:09 pm

HM to Agri  and Jason

1 Point to Matthias (Worst OS of the round, you did well with it though on a whole)

2 Points to Invisible Boy (You missed a stanza, and the whole scatting thing, but awesome rhyming)

3 Points to Red Ant (Well . . . I am now officially hungry, and craving some grilled food--but as everyone knows--me doing that would burn down the apartment)

4 Points to Guy DiRito (This original song is my least favorite of the Big 7, though through AmIRight it's no longer my least favorite song (Thank you Matty and Agri with your Mr Bungle/Nina songs and to those who've done Desolation Row, and the queen of the bad songs--that If thing from Ant) but you really killed the rhyme scheme, superb write, deserving of high nods)

5 Points to Stuart (Not because of the difficulty of the song, but because of who well it was executed, and the idea in general, one of your best--which is saying a lot for you)

Written By: DoRitos on 04/30/08 at 2:02 pm

4 Points to Guy DiRito (This original song is my least favorite of the Big 7, though through AmIRight it's no longer my least favorite song (Thank you Matty and Agri with your Mr Bungle/Nina songs and to those who've done Desolation Row, and the queen of the bad songs--that If thing from Ant) but you really killed the rhyme scheme, superb write, deserving of high nods)

BAD sorry to make you listen to the Lightfoot but it WAS your option to click or no.  I really appreciate your comment and I really like doing MAFIA themed stuff since I grew up around that stuff.  I am glad that you appreciated it.  Not many seem to and when I get some mileage out of it, this makes makes my day sir.  THANKS!

Written By: Invisible Boy on 04/30/08 at 9:01 pm

5 points to Stu

4 points to BAD

3 points to Agrimorfee

2 points to Matthias

1 point to Guy

8)

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 04/30/08 at 9:05 pm

5 points......................8.  Invisible Boy    Quotinglinesfromfamouswritersmakesyousoundpretentious
4 points......................5.  Doritos    Queued Next In The North Jersey Herald
3 points......................1.  Below Average Dave    The Quack
2 points......................2.  Agrimorfee    Quack Quack
1 point.......................6.  Matthias    Quickly Going Bald

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 05/01/08 at 1:02 am

Results of the ABC4 Q-Round

1st place with 33 points:            "Quite A Spiteful Night" by Stuart McArthur
2nd place with 25 points:          "QuotingLinesFromFamousWritersMakesYouSoundPretentious" by Invisible Boy
3rd place with 19 points:            "The Quack" by Below Average Dave

Matthias                      14
Agrimorfee                    11
Guy                              9
Red Ant                        7
Jason                            2

no disqualifications

Congrats to me (yay! - and I now officially retire that parody!)) - the transparent one, and the submedian one!

see yall in the Rs (unless you find it a pain in the Rs)

:-[

Subject: Re: Voting Thread For ABC4(Q) - *** results posted ***

Written By: DoRitos on 05/01/08 at 3:11 am

My highest congrats to the medalists Stuart McArthur, Invisaba-boy and BAD with your not really ready for prime time singing and writing, for a great round, and congrats to the rest of this motley crew for your satirical blasting away of the established OS in true Wierd Al style.  Wierd Al - I know you know us and you read our stuff hope it gives you a chuckle from time to time on each of us.  We learn from the best in the trade and this especially includes each other.  Great round, folks and you don't rid me as easily as one may think - I am up & already for the "R" round and will still participate in April's SOTM.  I am truly sorry once again for my "blasphemous" comments of the last round and will strive to keep emoticons under control from here on out.  "It's just fun , right".?

Subject: Re: Voting Thread For ABC4(Q) - *** results posted ***

Written By: agrimorfee on 05/01/08 at 7:47 am

Quite a queer qompetion this was! Congrats to Dave and IB for getting nearby Stu. ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...