inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: AmIRight Idol 2008 ENTRY THREAD deadline JUNE 3rd

Written By: skittlesking on 04/28/08 at 8:10 pm

Amiright Idol 2008

Welcome everyone to AmIRight Idol 2008, we are your hosts Red Ant, Agrimorfee and Below Average Dave.  You have until June 3rd, 2008 to enter the initial round, no one will be denied or eliminated from the intro Round so that all can get a fair reading that isn't based on just one parody. 

The Prizes:

Grand Prize: The winner of AmIRight idol will get preferential treatment from Below Average Dave on 4+ recorded parodies and free advertising for them on badave.com.  The BADPN network will also publish the parodies to thefump.com which will put them on the Dementia Radio Network and Vocalo.org, which enables your work to be played on the Radio Station 89.5 FM, The Mad Music Comedy Zone and The Dementia Weekly Top 20

Round Winners: With the exception of this intro round, the winner of each individual round will get a collaborative recording of their winning parody from BAD & Red Ant (unless one is particularly better at the winning song) at the end of the competition. 

Who Are We?

Red Ant
Length on AmiRight: Since February 2005
First Parody: I have a scant few I wrote back in 1997, though I got "serious" in March of 2005.
First Recording: "Foul Mouthed Me", May 2007
AmIRight Parodies: 318, plus a few under A Room Full of Monkeys
Favorite Genres: Alternative/Grunge, Hard Rock, Classic Rock
Favorite Topics: Satire (including song/band satire), self deprecation, out-there ideas
Top Artists: I enjoy listening to a wide range of music: pretty much anything except disco and R&B.
Contest experience: I've participated in over 100 contests here, ran the 2006 SOTM, part of the 2006 ABCs as well as numerous smaller, one-off contests.
A note about myself: In my time here I've read thousands of parodies, from the first time poster to the veteran. I always like to see new talent come to the site.

Agrimorfee
Length on AmIRight: Since November 2003.
First Parody submitted: "1000 Heifers Grazing On My Land" (But I have been a song parody writer since I was a kid in the 1970s!)
First Parody Recording: "Everything You Bake (unreleased demo)". Also have recorded experimental music in my house under the most crude circumstances from 1988 to 2000. B.A.D. provides vocals for "You're Infernal", as my first really good sounding song parody, which is available on the BAD AGRIMORFEE Soundclick account.
AmIRight Parody Count: 369 total submissions, plus a handful of collaborations and 2 under a different name, plus 2 under a different name at Whatfreaks.com
Favorite Genres: all types of music, but especially rock artists that fall out of the mainstream.
Favorite Topics: Cartoons, Surrealism, The Art of Parody Writing, Fake Commercials, Food, Epic Stories.
Top Artists: Pink Floyd, The Residents, Mr. Bungle, Frank Zappa.
Contest Experience: In 2007, the Gold winner of 3 Song Of The Month challenges. Gold winner of 3 ABC4 challenges thus far

Below Average Dave
Length on AmIRight: 1.5 years
First Parody: Wind Beneath My Butt (Written: August of 1990)
First Recording: No Hos (As Skit in December of 1995)
First Rec as BAD: The Meat Song (November of 2006)
AmIRight Parody Count: 104
Non Published Parodies: Roughly 500
Favorite Genres: Punk, Dance, Pop, Techno and Indie
Favorite Topics: Self Deprecation, Hidden Humor, Financial
Top Artists: Green Day, Madonna, Ace of Base, Fall Out Boy, Spaff.com
Contest experience: I have participated in a lot of contests, Hosted/Hosting Artistry right now, and the SOTM.  Also initiated the POTM/Q contest for recording parodists.
A note about myself: I use AmIRight and Badave as a relief from my day to day problems, parodies are my passion, writing-singing, and being part of the biggest online parodist community is like a second life to me.

Rules:

1) Each round, except the intro round, will have song choices and particular criteria that you must follow for your parody.  You will be judged on how well you do in each round based on a number of things including comedy, use of the criteria set, pacing, and of course recordability.  Already existing parodies are NOT ELIGIBLE after the first round (but they may be used in the intro round).

2) Judging will take place in a secret thread that only Red Ant, Agrimorfee and Below Average Dave has access to.  Except this intro round (where it's impossible to predict what people will enter) Red Ant, Agrimorfee and Below Average Dave will avoid commenting on parodies made for the competition until they are judging them and cannot give their opinions ahead of judging by PM or Phone either.  This is to be fair to all entrants.

3) Elligibility requirements: You only have to have any ONE (or more) of the following to enter.
~Anyone with less than 25 parodies may enter
~Anyone who has been on the site less than a year may enter
~Anyone who has participated in but never won Gold in the SOTM or POTM/Q may enter (WildCard does not count against you for this rule).
(Sorry Veterans, but this is for those that haven't had a chance to shine) --Keep in mind, that means if you've never entered SOTM or POTM/Q you are also automatically qualified

4) Other people's comments will not be taken into consideration for elimination, please do not PM us urging us to vote a particular contestant out because you don't like his/her work

Subject: Re: AmIRight Idol 2008

Written By: EthanM on 04/28/08 at 8:17 pm

I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to enter, but I never won gold in SOTM/POTM...so I can just enter whatever song I want for consideration in the first round?

Written By: EthanM on 04/28/08 at 8:53 pm

The post says that first round does not result in a recording...unfortunately it seems to give no other specifics but maybe there will be a separate entry thread that will explain things further. Although I should probably just submit  what I think is my best and not risk getting left out of the rest of the competition like the last time we tried this.

Written By: skittlesking on 04/28/08 at 9:47 pm

The post says that first round does not result in a recording...unfortunately it seems to give no other specifics but maybe there will be a separate entry thread that will explain things further. Although I should probably just submit  what I think is my best and not risk getting left out of the rest of the competition like the last time we tried this.

That's correct on the first round not resulting in a recording, all round winners will get their individual songs recorded, in addition, the primary winner will get sorta of a recording collab where I will be working with the winner on putting together 4 or more top notch recordings that will get star treatment on badave, fump and other sites I am part of. . .the reason I say 4 plus is because I will have the donation section of badave dedicated to this contest for the time period this is taking place, if I get enough money built up during the comp, the winner may get more than 4 recordings, but I've never really done full collaborations with someone before, much less on several songs, it will actually be the first time I focus on someone else's work even more than my own.

Written By: Matthias on 04/28/08 at 10:08 pm

Chicken

http://www.amiright.com/parody/2000s/nellyftkellyrowland0.shtml

Written By: EthanM on 04/29/08 at 12:06 am

I'm thinking of trying to finish one that would probably be the best thing I ever wrote if I can get the third verse to be half as good as the first two, but if I can't do it by the deadline I'll probably play it safe and submit one that all 3 judges have already commented on. If that is allowed.

Written By: agrimorfee on 04/29/08 at 7:41 am

Let it be known that we would like to see a good amount of folks compete in this, perhaps up to 10 people, to make this work. So come on, kids, don't be bashful...let the games begin!

Notes for Newbies to Amiright Contests---
**Enter by providing the link to an Amiright.com parody submission that you have written. See http://www.amiright.com/parody/submitting.shtml for Chucky G's regular parody submission guidelines. There is no registration required to join amiright.com, but there is required registration (valid e-mail and a screen name) at inthe00s.com to participate in the forums here.

**Additionally, a link to a lyric site that transcribes the original song (or "OS") you parodied would be helpful, as would a link to a free streaming performance of the song on Youtube or an mp3 music Website account. A performance of your parody would also be acceptable, but bear in mind it may or may not be a criteria towards our votes. Please also note that I do not have ability to download any items to my hard drive due to my office's PC usage policy.

Written By: wildcard on 04/29/08 at 12:47 pm

for the intro round http://www.amiright.com/parody/70s/manfredmann9.shtml

Written By: EthanM on 04/29/08 at 1:34 pm

I'm not sure what you mean about fair reading not based on one parody? We can submit more than one?  Or is the intro round just a formality?

Written By: agrimorfee on 04/29/08 at 2:14 pm

I'm not sure what you mean about fair reading not based on one parody? We can submit more than one?  Or is the intro round just a formality?

Dave did mean just one parody for the round--a formality, such as American Idol does...this was Red Ant's idea so we all get to know each other better, and we as the judges will provide some insights and encouragement before we start elimination rounds.

In short, no one will be eliminated in this Intro round.

Written By: wildcard on 04/29/08 at 2:39 pm

for the intro round http://www.amiright.com/parody/70s/manfredmann9.shtml

To anyone new 
I hope what I chose doesn't scare anyone away.  I'd rather show that I can wordplay well sometimes  then submit something crummy and end up making anyone feel like suckers later.  Come have some fun with us because thats what it's all about. 

Written By: EthanM on 04/29/08 at 3:03 pm

So there is really no good reason to submit a parody that all three judges have commented on, is there?

Written By: agrimorfee on 04/29/08 at 3:59 pm

So there is really no good reason to submit a parody that all three judges have commented on, is there?

You should select something that puts your" best foot forward" in showing what you do, regardless if any of us judges have commented on it already. There's no rule limiting your choice.

Written By: agrimorfee on 04/29/08 at 4:06 pm

I should probably just submit  what I think is my best and not risk getting left out of the rest of the competition like the last time we tried this.

What happened, from my understanding, is that one of the judges in the previous attempt of an "Amiright Idol" was totally ignorant about most genres of music and couldn't be bothered to fairly judge any song he never heard before, hence the collapse of the entire contest. You can be assured that Red Ant, Dave and myself are dedicated to music in general and will examine each entry with an open mind (and ear, where needed. ;)) through the end.

Written By: EthanM on 04/29/08 at 5:19 pm

Last time I entered a parody which, although it hit #1 on the amiright charts back in 2002, in retrospect isn't really all that good and wasn't voted among the top 8 (or top 20 for that matter) and I was therefore left out of the rest of the competition. It's good to see that that won't happen here, although I can't say that  completely agree with the eligibility rules excluding a lot of the site's strongest and most dedicated writers thus resulting in an incomplete victory for the winner. Hopefully enough people who haven't won SOTM will be interested for it to be an interesting competition throughout and not have several rounds where elimination results from failure to write anything.

I have several weeks to submit a first entry, so no need for me to be too concerned about that now.

Written By: wildcard on 04/30/08 at 12:27 am

^ I hope enough people will join to do this too.  I'm hoping some people will come join us.  It would be a great opportunity to learn how to write parodies better. 

I think the eligibility rules are great.  It's perfect for new people and people that get overlooked.

Written By: Matthias on 05/06/08 at 4:24 pm

So it's just going to be me, Ethan, and Anne? What the hell? Come on people where the heck are you?!?!

Written By: EthanM on 05/06/08 at 5:46 pm

And I haven't even officially entered yet...I still think that excluding SOTM winners is a mistake since the style of competition is very different and if certain people are excluded then it seems like the assumption is that everyone who is allowed to play has no chance of doing better than anyone who isn't allowed to play. This does give newer writers a chance to get noticed, but isn't the recognition a lot better if a newer/less-known writer proves to be able to keep up with established veterans on a weekly basis? Finally, at least for now, the format of this competition should be a much better fit with the upcoming parody writer for hire directory than SOTM is, and the writers who have proved their ability to write on their own terms but aren't making any money from that shouldn't be denied the opportunity to prove their ability to write on someone else's terms.

It might also help if the judges sent PMs to people who might be interested based on past contest participation and/or left comments on parodies by frequent contributors to amiright who may not check the boards or the amiright news section.  The deadline is also a couple of weeks away, so no need to panic yet.

Written By: wildcard on 05/06/08 at 6:59 pm

We can't do this with 3 people maybe we ought to change the eligibility rules to allow more people.  ^^Also theres no e in my name.  I'll let you go this time but next time I will Annihilate you.

Written By: Matthias on 05/06/08 at 7:04 pm

We can't do this with 3 people maybe we ought to change the eligibility rules to allow more people.  ^^Also theres no e in my name.  I'll let you go this time but next time I will Annihilate you.

I don't think that we should change the eligibility, but what we should do is advertise this more. I haven't seen much of any advertisements for this contest, maybe Chucky can have a large banner on his front page like he did with the Obscure Government parodies in order to get this more publicity. You know force people to see this before they can enter Amiright.com.

Written By: EthanM on 05/06/08 at 8:45 pm

Problem is Chucky said he's cursed with contests and doesn't want to be involved after the judges are picked

Written By: Matthias on 05/06/08 at 9:59 pm

Problem is Chucky said he's cursed with contests and doesn't want to be involved after the judges are picked

He doesn't want to run one, but he can still advertise for it.

Written By: agrimorfee on 05/07/08 at 7:47 am

And I haven't even officially entered yet...I still think that excluding SOTM winners is a mistake since the style of competition is very different and if certain people are excluded then it seems like the assumption is that everyone who is allowed to play has no chance of doing better than anyone who isn't allowed to play. This does give newer writers a chance to get noticed, but isn't the recognition a lot better if a newer/less-known writer proves to be able to keep up with established veterans on a weekly basis? ...It might also help if the judges sent PMs to people who might be interested based on past contest participation and/or left comments on parodies by frequent contributors to amiright who may not check the boards or the amiright news section.  The deadline is also a couple of weeks away, so no need to panic yet.

SOTM wins do not necessarily exclude an entrant. Look at the eligibility rules closely...a person who has joined in Amiright submissions for less than a year could take an SOTM Gold but will still be able to compete.

I myself don't have the time to send out PMs to indviduals, just because I'm not sure if they are eligible. But I like your idea of dropping comments on frequent contributors' parodies. I have left a link concerning this contest at one of the message boards I hang out at--I will add to a couple others today. Thanks for your concerns, Ethan! (karma point added)

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/07/08 at 12:58 pm

He doesn't want to run one, but he can still advertise for it.

true...  I haven't been paying attention (been too busy), I'll do something in the banner space today

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/07/08 at 2:06 pm

true...  I haven't been paying attention (been too busy), I'll do something in the banner space today

er, ahm... what DID I do last time?  I can't remember

Written By: EthanM on 05/07/08 at 2:14 pm

I think there was just enormous interest naturally from the message boards because there weren't any other contests happening at the time. I think amiright was more active back then too.

Written By: agrimorfee on 05/07/08 at 4:56 pm

I think there was just enormous interest naturally from the message boards because there weren't any other contests happening at the time. I think amiright was more active back then too.

MORE active? :o Yikes...How did Chucky get by without a heart attack back in the day?  :D

Written By: ChuckyG on 05/07/08 at 8:12 pm

MORE active? :o Yikes...How did Chucky get by without a heart attack back in the day?  :D

Activity had dropped off since then, and even lately it's slower than usual.  Not sure how to really spark more interest in the site right now to be honest.

Written By: Jason on 05/08/08 at 2:56 pm

For my intro round it definitely has to be Blue Monday - The Day A Plaigarist Gets Banned (parody of New Order - Blue Monday)

http://www.amiright.com/parody/80s/neworder5.shtml

Good Luck To All Of You!

(PS the 'Good Luck To All Of You!' is my signature sentence whenever I enter a contest, so please do not plagarise it!)

Written By: agrimorfee on 05/14/08 at 10:19 am

(PS the 'Good Luck To All Of You!' is my signature sentence whenever I enter a contest, so please do not plagarise it!)

http://www.uspto.gov/smallbusiness/trademarks/registering.html  ;)

Written By: skittlesking on 05/19/08 at 12:01 pm

We are discussing a few rule changes and extension of the deadline, we really think that this comp needs to go forward because (at least I think) this comp is really a chance to get full all out honest feedback on each others work, and will be a comp that no one will have an edge in because nobody is getting forshadowing of any part of the rounds. . .I really think a lot of people are missing out. . .

Written By: skittlesking on 05/19/08 at 12:09 pm

Deadline extended officially to June 3rd

Written By: EthanM on 05/19/08 at 12:09 pm

My entry:

Sallie Mae

http://www.amiright.com/parody/70s/rodstewart36.shtml

Subject: Re: AmIRight Idol 2008 ENTRY THREAD deadline JUNE 3rd

Written By: Step-chan on 05/19/08 at 7:17 pm

I'll probably jump in on this...

Would like to enter a parody I've been meaning to finish.

Do I submit the same parody for the introduction and the main contest?

Written By: skittlesking on 05/19/08 at 7:20 pm

I'll probably jump in on this...

Would like to enter a parody I've been meaning to finish.

Do I submit the same parody for the introduction and the main contest?

Well, the first round is this one, this will be an intro round, and what you submit here would be your entry for that round.  This round will have no eliminations and will serve to show how the contest works for all involved, hope to see you here:)

Written By: Step-chan on 05/19/08 at 7:39 pm

Okay, let's see... I'll finish the parody to Electric Avenue I've been meaning to do and submit it.

Written By: Melanie Lee on 05/21/08 at 6:25 pm

Okay, so here's my entry:

"Yankees Got Run Over by the Red Sox"
Parody of "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer"

Parody:
http://www.amiright.com/parody/80s/elmopatsy4.shtml

Original Song lyrics:
http://www.dltk-holidays.com/Xmas/grandma.htm

Original Song stream on YouTube.com:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTiovEwBZu4

Enjoy!  ;D    8) 

Written By: wildcard on 05/21/08 at 7:59 pm

Think I'll put my entry over here too http://www.amiright.com/parody/70s/manfredmann9.shtml

Written By: Jack Wilson on 05/22/08 at 2:37 pm

Crappy Senior Prom
http://www.amiright.com/parody/2000s/christinaaugilerapinkmyalilkimmissyell0.shtml

Written By: EthanM on 05/24/08 at 10:07 am

I think that the weird al forum might be a good place to advertise this, but for some reason it won't let me post over there even though I am a member.

Written By: agrimorfee on 05/28/08 at 1:37 pm

6 ENTRANTS.

You know, that's about the average for Dave's Artistry comp in any given round, but keep the faith.

Written By: EthanM on 05/28/08 at 7:34 pm

6 ENTRANTS.

You know, that's about the average for Dave's Artistry comp in any given round, but keep the faith.

You never know how many last minute entries there will be...I would've been last minute if the deadline wasn't extended. Are you still excluding veteran  amiright writers (no way of knowing how long a "new" writer has been writing parodies before finding amiright) who won a round of SOTM (which seem to be a completely different sort of contest)?

Written By: Below Average Dave on 05/28/08 at 7:58 pm

You never know how many last minute entries there will be...I would've been last minute if the deadline wasn't extended. Are you still excluding veteran  amiright writers (no way of knowing how long a "new" writer has been writing parodies before finding amiright) who won a round of SOTM (which seem to be a completely different sort of contest)?

I brought it up in our personal thread, it's kind of a tough decision, and if we change it we don't know if it would add anyone else would enter. . .

Written By: DF on 05/29/08 at 7:42 pm

You can enter parodies you wrote at any time? 'Cause that Yankees/Red Sox one is 3.5 years old. I mid-read the rules, I thought it was ones that hadn't been written yet.

Since it's not limited to month-old or newer songs, I'll submit Medieval Engineer," and try to check back here once in a while. So you're up to 7. (Putting a note in my "Laws of Phyusics" one worked. I have a couple other parodies I've done but not submitted yet, so if I have to post new ones then, I will.

Parody link:
http://www.amiright.com/parody/70s/neildiamond114.shtml

Original link:
http://www.seeklyrics.com/lyrics/Neil-Diamond/Longfellow-Serenade.html

Written By: Guest on 05/29/08 at 7:49 pm

Funny...I thought I was logged in the line at the top offers the chance to log in or log out, though...so it is confusing.

Anyway, I just realized I will be gone by the time the later rounds are going on...tell you what. I'll just submit a few, and list what I'd submit for each round. (I'm glad I don't have to sing these - but you all should be even more glad! I keep order on a bus with kids by threatening to sing; and it works. You do not want me singing anything.)

This way, I won't have to worry about checking back; plus I'm pretty sensitive anyway, and scare kind of easy. Although, I doubt anyone's going to act as grouchy as Simon can on American Idol

Written By: EthanM on 05/29/08 at 8:06 pm

Funny...I thought I was logged in the line at the top offers the chance to log in or log out, though...so it is confusing.

Anyway, I just realized I will be gone by the time the later rounds are going on...tell you what. I'll just submit a few, and list what I'd submit for each round. (I'm glad I don't have to sing these - but you all should be even more glad! I keep order on a bus with kids by threatening to sing; and it works. You do not want me singing anything.)

This way, I won't have to worry about checking back; plus I'm pretty sensitive anyway, and scare kind of easy. Although, I doubt anyone's going to act as grouchy as Simon can on American Idol

I don't think that would work. I'm sure that each round has some sort of theme, thus making it impossible  to submit entries in advance.

Written By: Below Average Dave on 05/29/08 at 8:34 pm

I don't think that would work. I'm sure that each round has some sort of theme, thus making it impossible  to submit entries in advance.

Yeah I'm sorry Neil, but only the first round is totally open, each round will have a theme to it, and a rule that the song can't have existed prior to the writing post date (which will give two weeks to write a parody), your initial post is definitely acceptable, and I do hope you can be part of this, but Ethan is correct in the interpretation, the open round is the first one buddy.

Written By: Guest on 05/29/08 at 9:09 pm

Okay, thanks; maybe next time. With a book I'm writing, and a few other things, it's getting very busy for me.

Written By: Below Average Dave on 05/29/08 at 9:12 pm

Okay, thanks; maybe next time. With a book I'm writing, and a few other things, it's getting very busy for me.

I understand, but thanks for checking it out buddy

Written By: agrimorfee on 05/30/08 at 9:07 am

...I'm pretty sensitive anyway, and scare kind of easy. Although, I doubt anyone's going to act as grouchy as Simon can on American Idol

See my avatar which I am "wearing" through this competition. I'm tough, but fair. :)

Written By: Step-chan on 05/30/08 at 2:09 pm

Here's my entry:

http://www.amiright.com/parody/80s/eddygrant13.shtml

Written By: agrimorfee on 05/30/08 at 5:37 pm

Here's my entry:

http://www.amiright.com/parody/80s/eddygrant13.shtml

Yay!!

Written By: EthanM on 06/01/08 at 11:32 am

Now there might be reason to worry - a contest like this has never been completed so I see no reason to deny anyone the opportunity to participate.

Written By: Tenacious Lee on 06/01/08 at 12:51 pm

I should have my entry up soon. I need the link first! Hopefully It will be added tomorrw.

Written By: Tenacious Lee on 06/02/08 at 11:11 am

http://www.amiright.com/parody/70s/eltonjohn270.shtml

Hope its good enough! and you likey.

Written By: Gianni Parmesiani on 06/03/08 at 11:11 am

I hope I'm doing this right, guys.  On the advice of one of the big names, I'll enter and hope my schedule allows me to keep up.  Here's my entry:

http://www.amiright.com/parody/60s/thebeatles2167.shtml

Written By: agrimorfee on 06/03/08 at 11:30 am

AND THAT MAKES 10!  8)

Any more?

Written By: wildcard on 06/03/08 at 12:02 pm

8) so there's 10 now!  and  I'm ready I'm ready I'm ready I'm ready I'm ready I'm ready * gets hit with fly swatter*

Written By: Wolverine on 06/03/08 at 2:18 pm

I think I'm going to regret this...but here's "Forlorn For Your Melbourne"

It's for another contest, but this opening round was pretty open, so I think it'll be allowed.

Besides, I can't have 10 people.  It's too....even.  I'll be #11, just to be the odd man out.  :D

Written By: Matthias on 06/03/08 at 3:12 pm

This might actually come to life!!!!

(I'm still short on time, but I'm still pretty dang excited!)

Written By: EthanM on 06/04/08 at 12:17 pm

It starts today, right?

Written By: agrimorfee on 06/04/08 at 12:43 pm

It starts today, right?

You'd think that, right?  ??? I dunno where Red and Dave are, I'd assume one of them would throw together a big splash page or somethin'...I'm out of the loop, and I don't have time to do it myself... :-[

Written By: Gianni Parmesiani on 06/04/08 at 2:15 pm

Would this be the place we would look for the announcement and where we would post our songs?  Or would we put them on the AMIRIGHT site and work from there?  With the deadline passed and eleven(?) contestants, should we look for the judges comments here for our initial entries or at AMIRIGHT?  Am I asking too many questions? If so let me know. (Darn, that's not a question!) Now that I'm in, I don't want to miss anything.  Please keep us posted. Thanks.

Written By: EthanM on 06/04/08 at 2:38 pm

I think the judge's comments go somewhere else - I checked today for comments from the judges on my entry and didn't see any, although they may not be looking at the entries in any sort of official capacity until today.  I'm not sure how it works, but hopefully the judges are.

Written By: agrimorfee on 06/04/08 at 2:58 pm

I think the judge's comments go somewhere else - I checked today for comments from the judges on my entry and didn't see any, although they may not be looking at the entries in any sort of official capacity until today.  I'm not sure how it works, but hopefully the judges are.

<gulp> I have been waiting all day for Dave or Red Ant to contact me or leave word here, but I guess that is not going to happen. Barring anything concrete by the time I get back here tomorrow morning, I will begin my own commentary on each entrant as promised, both on their respective parody page AND on a new thread I will start here. I apologize for our lack of collective preparation in this. :-[

If I don't hear from the other guys, I'll choose our first round category for everyone to work on by noon, with a due date for submission to be determined probably 2 weeks from now.

Written By: Below Average Dave on 06/04/08 at 7:07 pm

Sorry Guys, I have been at work

I will post a thread in our personal thread later tonight, and we will be posting the Round two criteria shortly.

No eliminations this round, but the comments will appear from all three of us on your individual songs.

Written By: wildcard on 06/04/08 at 10:02 pm

Am I asking too many questions? If so let me know. (Darn, that's not a question!)

;D

Written By: Below Average Dave on 06/04/08 at 10:51 pm

Our voting has begun  :D 

Parodists, we will post our second round no later than Friday, and we will announce the deadline on that round at that time.

Check for new replies or respond here...