inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The thread to name the new SOTM award that was not the voting thread

Written By: K1chyd on 07/03/08 at 1:23 pm

During the last round of SOTM we also voted for a rule change and instituted an additional prize, B.A.D had summoned it up to be phrased like this:

"A medal shall be awarded to the highest ranking parody which did not make the month's podium and is of an original song which has not previously earned any medal"

The list of winners of that new medal, and the list of original songs that has been the basis of a normal gold, silver or bronze medal in the SOTM (and hence as basis for a parody makes that parody not in the race for the new medal, only the regular medals) will soon enough be posted in a separate thread/post maintained by yours truly throughout this year for starters.

B.A.D has raised some ideas about what the new medal could be used for further, or basis for further, but that is for him or anyone else to start a separate thread about if wanting to go on with that.

As for the name for this new prize/medal it is still undecided and as the instigator of the whole thing I feel it should be my job to take care of organizing that, I am therefore starting this thread to take suggestions for a name and if necessary there will be some sort of voting on it (maybe once again in conjunction with the next SOTM voting thread?)

Dusting the initial thread for all suggestions so far we have these five:

"The Golden Nugget Bullet Treasure Award"

"The Unplaced Original Song Encouragement Award"

"The New Frontier Parody of the Month"

"The Original Song Contribution Award Reward" (The OSCAR)

"The Nonetheless Astute Unplaced Song Encouragement Award" (The NAUSEA)

Feel free to suggest another name, or other names, i.e don't limit yourself to one suggestion if you have several good ideas. For starters name ideas are taken until at leastl July 7:th, i.e as long as signing up for the next SOTM is open too.

Subject: Re: The thread to name the new SOTM award

Written By: Below Average Dave on 07/03/08 at 6:11 pm

My vote goes to OSCAR

The new thread for what to do with the award will be up tonight

Written By: Matthias on 07/03/08 at 7:41 pm

2nd for OSCAR

Written By: jreuben on 07/03/08 at 8:49 pm

I have to vote for NAUSEA  ;)

Written By: ThaConqueror on 07/04/08 at 1:15 am

Although having the OSCAR would be awesome, I'mn gonna have to vote for the NAUSEA, because it uses the words 'nonetheless' and 'astute'. The hilarious acronym is a given.

Written By: philbo on 07/04/08 at 8:05 am

One more idea:

The "Formerly Unplaced Contribution Award"

...as in "I'm gonna get the FUCA this month.."

Written By: McKludge on 07/05/08 at 11:23 pm

...as in "I'm gonna get the FUCA this month.."

So that would be the Montha FUCA (shut your mouth)  ;)

Written By: K1chyd on 07/06/08 at 2:22 am

This was not supposed to be a voting thred - it was supposed to be a thread for additional name ideas - seeing how the first four posts are votes I'm not really sure how to go on with it now. Any ideas?

Written By: agrimorfee on 07/07/08 at 7:51 am

THE OAF AWARD (Original Artistic Fulfillment Award)

Written By: jreuben on 07/07/08 at 8:25 am

This was not supposed to be a voting thred - it was supposed to be a thread for additional name ideas - seeing how the first four posts are votes I'm not really sure how to go on with it now. Any ideas?

As one of the people who didn't follow directions, I'd say to compile the name ideas at the deadline and start a new voting thread as you planned.  The people who already voted can cast their vote in the new thread, and change their vote if they like on of the newer names better.

Written By: Below Average Dave on 07/07/08 at 4:46 pm

Oops, I need to start the other thread.

Written By: K1chyd on 07/09/08 at 12:47 pm

As one of the people who didn't follow directions, I'd say to compile the name ideas at the deadline and start a new voting thread as you planned.  The people who already voted can cast their vote in the new thread, and change their vote if they like on of the newer names better.

Will do!

Check for new replies or respond here...