inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Artistry Round 35 (Black Eyed Peas/Fergie) Entry Deadline 9/18/08

Written By: Below Average Dave on 09/05/08 at 6:59 pm

I didn't even realize they had a round. . .but Black Eyed Peas was drawn, which includes any solo songs released by their members of course (most notably Fergie)

Pump It

Don't Funk With My Heart

My Humps

Where Is the Love?

Let's Get It Started

Don't Lie

Hey Mama

Bebot

Weekend

Dum Diddly

Union

More (Pepsi Commercial)

Yes We Can

Fallin' Up

BEP Empire

Shut Up

Mas Que Nada

Glamorous

Clumsy

Fergalicious

London Bridge

Good Luck--this will be a tough round. . .hope it's big--it's a fairly open round as the Black Eyed Peas cover several genres of music.

Subject: Re: Artistry Round 35 (Black Eyed Peas/Fergie) Entry Deadline 9/18/08

Written By: Below Average Dave on 09/05/08 at 6:59 pm

http://www.amiright.com/parody/2000s/fergie30.shtml

Churnalicious

Written By: Matthias on 09/05/08 at 8:17 pm

8-P 8-P 8-P 8-P 8-P 8-P 8-P 8-P 8-P 8-P 8-P 8-P (And did I mention  8-P)

I have one already, but I really don't want to use it because I half-assed it, because I really hate the original song. "Fergie's Worthless", I could go with, but I really don't want to use a slam the original artist type of song for an Artistry round (Even if that original artist is Thin Lizzy  ;))

Written By: Below Average Dave on 09/05/08 at 8:41 pm

8-P 8-P 8-P 8-P 8-P 8-P 8-P 8-P 8-P 8-P 8-P 8-P (And did I mention  8-P)

I have one already, but I really don't want to use it because I half-assed it, because I really hate the original song. "Fergie's Worthless", I could go with, but I really don't want to use a slam the original artist type of song for an Artistry round (Even if that original artist is Thin Lizzy  ;))

I agree on that decision, not to mention I know what you think of that against Churnalicious--You could always do "My Bumps" to "My Humps" about your driving. . .  ;)

Written By: Matthias on 09/05/08 at 9:05 pm

"Hazardous" is the song that I'm going to do for this round, because I had this idea for "Glamorous" ever since I heard that song.
http://www.burnley.gov.uk/images/HazardousWaste.jpg

Written By: ThaConqueror on 09/05/08 at 10:17 pm

Man, we're sure getting some interesting stuff for the secret artists*!

I shall parody whatever BEP song first comes up in my shuffled playlist - which is 'Don't Phunk With My Heart'. I shall think about a possible title whilst doing my business, which is rather urgent.

*I've got a Word document that helps me keep track of which artists are left, including a blank for the 17 secret artists. Including the BEP we've got seven of 'em out of the way - who shall the rest be (I've got a bad feeling at least two of them are rappers...maybe Akon as well).

Written By: Rex on 09/05/08 at 10:19 pm

8-P 8-P 8-P 8-P 8-P 8-P 8-P 8-P 8-P 8-P 8-P 8-P (And did I mention  8-P)

I'm right there with ya, Matty. I tried listening to the samples on the iTunes store and my head exploded. Good thing I stock spares.

Written By: Below Average Dave on 09/05/08 at 10:30 pm

Man, we're sure getting some interesting stuff for the secret artists*!

I shall parody whatever BEP song first comes up in my shuffled playlist - which is 'Don't Phunk With My Heart'. I shall think about a possible title whilst doing my business, which is rather urgent.

*I've got a Word document that helps me keep track of which artists are left, including a blank for the 17 secret artists. Including the BEP we've got seven of 'em out of the way - who shall the rest be (I've got a bad feeling at least two of them are rappers...maybe Akon as well).

There are two secret artists that I'm scared of. . .both of which appear on the Epic 40, theres also at least one I'm really looking forward to, and one that when they are drawn, I think you'll like a lot TCOP:)

I'm scared of a lot of the remaining not-so-secret artists too though (Destiny's Child, U2, Simon & Garfunkel, Gordon Lightfoot, Willie Nelson among others should be *interesting* to say the least)

Written By: ThaConqueror on 09/06/08 at 7:47 am

There are two secret artists that I'm scared of. . .both of which appear on the Epic 40, theres also at least one I'm really looking forward to, and one that when they are drawn, I think you'll like a lot TCOP:)

I'm scared of a lot of the remaining not-so-secret artists too though (Destiny's Child, U2, Simon & Garfunkel, Gordon Lightfoot, Willie Nelson among others should be *interesting* to say the least)

First bit: I wonder who it could be?

Second bit: wait, didn't Matthias suggest that Gordon Lightfoot be pulled and be replaced by a different artist? I think the tentative replacement was Smash Mouth. What happened there?

Written By: Matthias on 09/06/08 at 10:05 am

First bit: I wonder who it could be?

Second bit: wait, didn't Matthias suggest that Gordon Lightfoot be pulled and be replaced by a different artist? I think the tentative replacement was Smash Mouth. What happened there?

Agrimorfee denied it... He wanted to keep Gordon Lightfoot, and Dave's not going to change an Artist unless everybody gives their go ahead on it.

Written By: ThaConqueror on 09/06/08 at 10:23 pm

Agrimorfee denied it... He wanted to keep Gordon Lightfoot, and Dave's not going to change an Artist unless everybody gives their go ahead on it.

Well, nuts.

Anyways, 'Teacher Has No Heart' is under construction. It will likely be out sometime this week. I'll keep you posted!

Written By: Below Average Dave on 09/06/08 at 10:40 pm

Well, nuts.

Anyways, 'Teacher Has No Heart' is under construction. It will likely be out sometime this week. I'll keep you posted!

I figure any artists submitted by someone may have appealed to someone else who didn't submit them because they had already been submitted, which is why I didn't want any artists switched out without an accepted nod from all 5 of those who are regulars in the comp. . .I am kinda neutral--My Gordon Lighfoot parody would need to be redone for that round, but with artists like Eminem, Salt N Pepa, and The Bloodhound Gang out the way--despite the two ultra-challenging secret artists who remain--I think I can handle Lightfoot:)

Written By: Matthias on 09/07/08 at 3:34 pm

Oh! I actually like one Black Eyed Peas song (I thought that this song was by S Club 7)

I going to work on a parody of "Where Is The Love?"

(Heh, heh, heh... This IS an old song... The gas price in that video is at "1.?" it hasn't be in the one dollar range since... what.... The early 90's?)

Written By: agrimorfee on 09/08/08 at 7:56 am

I figure any artists submitted by someone may have appealed to someone else who didn't submit them because they had already been submitted, which is why I didn't want any artists switched out without an accepted nod from all 5 of those who are regulars in the comp. . .I am kinda neutral--My Gordon Lighfoot parody would need to be redone for that round, but with artists like Eminem, Salt N Pepa, and The Bloodhound Gang out the way--despite the two ultra-challenging secret artists who remain--I think I can handle Lightfoot:)

It would be interesting to see something by Lightfoot other than TWOTEF in that round! All the other songs I know of are "If You Could Read My Mind" and that one where the hook is "Some days, I think it's shame when I think that I'm going when I'm losing the game..." (mondegreen here...sorry)

Written By: ThaConqueror on 09/11/08 at 3:28 am

http://www.buckeyeinstitute.org/uploaded_images/Mean%20Teacher.jpg

The Teach' Has No Heart

Yay me, Dr Music commented...and presumably left a 334...and referred to himself in the first-person (shock, horror!)! Doesn't he usually refer to himself as 'we'? Confusing.

Written By: Matthias on 09/13/08 at 10:14 am

Screw it... I have too much stuff to get done to worry about Fergie, so even though I'm probably not going to rake in many points with this one, I'm going to place it in just so I have something...

"Fergie's Worthless"

http://www.amiright.com/parody/2000s/fergie31.shtml

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Music/Pix/pictures/2007/07/03/fergie460.jpg

(Yes Fergie... Please... Shhhhhhhhh!!!)

Written By: agrimorfee on 09/17/08 at 9:45 am

http://www.amiright.com/parody/2000s/blackeyedpeas60.shtml
Dearly Departed

http://aguyinnewyork.com/images/2005photos/HauntedHouseNYC_2.JPG

Written By: Rex on 09/18/08 at 8:54 am

http://www.amiright.com/parody/2000s/blackeyedpeas62.shtml

Written By: Syncronos on 09/18/08 at 5:59 pm

I posted a remake of my 2004 'Let's Get To Votin', and it should be up by tomorrow. I probably won't rake in the votes either, but 1) it's a worthy message, and 2) the song I wanted to do wasn't listed because it's actually done by Sergio Mendes featuring Fergie... :-\\

I'm just happy to be part of the team, man!

Written By: Below Average Dave on 09/18/08 at 8:46 pm

I posted a remake of my 2004 'Let's Get To Votin', and it should be up by tomorrow. I probably won't rake in the votes either, but 1) it's a worthy message, and 2) the song I wanted to do wasn't listed because it's actually done by Sergio Mendes featuring Fergie... :-\\

I'm just happy to be part of the team, man!

and I will include it!

Written By: agrimorfee on 09/19/08 at 11:24 am

Everyone, don't forget Rule #5:
5. Late entries will be accepted until the 1st vote has been posted.

Check for new replies or respond here...