inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: POTQ-Q4 2008 Entry Thread (October, November, December) Deadline extended 10th

Written By: Below Average Dave on 12/31/08 at 11:45 pm

Remember, NO DQ's in this contest, but those who do vote in the round gets 10 points if they are in the contest. . .and ANYONE involved in contests may vote even if they can't enter.

Rules for this contest

1.  Any Performance submitted during October 2008, November 2008 or December 2008-- is eligible

2. All Entrants must enter by January 7, 2009 at 11:59pm EST

3. Voting will end January 31st, 2008 at 11:59pm EST

4. All Entrants must vote and comment on the recordings entered by the above date

5. All SOTM entrants past and present are eligible to vote whether they enter this contest or not

6. All ABC 1,2 or 3 entrants are eligible to vote whether they enter this contest or not

7. Once you enter a POTQ contest, you are eligible to vote in future comps whether or not you enter

8. Songs which primarily feature a vocalist different from the writer, where the vocalist chooses to enter his/her own song are not eligible

9. Once You've Voted, You can not change your vote UNLESS your vote was invalid

10.  In the event of a tie, the song with the most 1st place wins
       If it is still tied, 2nd place
       If it is still tied, 3rd place
       If it is still tied, 4th place
       If it is still tied, it is a legitimate tie

11.  You can't vote for your own song

12. You can't vote for another song more than once in the same contest

13. If a song is entered that has a different primary vocalist than the writer, and it is not invalid under Rule #8 because the vocalist agreed to it, then it will be listed as a joint entry (IE Robert Lund & Spaff.com) and both may vote, but to be fair--only one has to.  Neither the vocalist or the writer can vote for their joint entry under any circumstance

14. In the event that less than 6 songs are entered, we will allow two entrants per performer (Rule 13 would count as one entry for both the writer and vocalist).  If that happens, you cannot vote for either of your own songs still. (If you want to be safe and make sure you get another entry if this rule comes into play, please mention your official entry and your secondary choice in your entry post)

Subject: Re: POTQ-Q4 2008 Entry Thread (October, November, December)

Written By: Below Average Dave on 12/31/08 at 11:55 pm

I was going to suggest two rule changes, but neither are actually listed in the rules. . .if anyone has serious opposition, I will suggest it for vote instead, but regardless of whether or not they are put up for vote, they will not affect this quarter's result. ..

For next year I want to re-initiate the DQ rule affeccting only the quarter people entered, but having no effect on the following quarter

I also want to cut the bonus points from 10 to 5, because 10 inflates the total, and 5 is still enough incentive to vote even though a DQ doesn't disqualify the next quarter. . .any thoughts?

Written By: jreuben on 01/01/09 at 11:10 am

Britney Snores

Second/backup entry:
Rob Me I'm A Tourist
Thanks Dave  :)

Written By: Below Average Dave on 01/01/09 at 12:58 pm

Britney Snores

Don't forget Jeff to post your second entry as well as a back up entry, that way if it becomes another two entry month, you'll already have both songs up.

Written By: Below Average Dave on 01/02/09 at 3:06 am

http://www.amiright.com/performances/items/performances_1229062301.shtml
Cock Star

Second Entry if it applies
http://www.amiright.com/performances/items/performances_1225863043.shtml
Rewritten

Subject: Re: POTQ-Q4 2008 Entry Thread (October, November, December) Deadline extended 10th

Written By: Below Average Dave on 01/07/09 at 7:17 pm

At this time there are not enough entrants to even host the competition, if at least two more entrants don't come forward, I'm afraid this may signal the end of POTQ/POTM's 2 year existance

I know there are some fans of this contest, but it's just not viable right now if we can't get at least enough entrants to have a contest on a Quarterly basis. . .  There is plenty of activity on AmIRight to support the contest, but it's not translating to entrants. ..

The Performance of the Year will still be held even if this round is cancelled, and if we fail to get enough entrants, the entrants currently in the round will automatically get entered into POTTY

This will be a two entry round as per the current rules. . .so anyone can enter up to two performances that were posted between October and December

Please make sure you note which one is the primary performance if you enter two, in case we don't get enough entrants to warrant this quarters POTQ

Subject: Re: POTQ-Q4 2008 Entry Thread (October, November, December) Deadline extended 10th

Written By: EmiLoca on 01/10/09 at 4:20 am

http://www.amiright.com/performances/items/performances_1225598407.shtml
"Voting!"

Second Entry, if applicable
http://www.amiright.com/performances/items/performances_1229665752.shtml
"Why Ever Sing?"

Check for new replies or respond here...