inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: POTQ Q4 RESULTS POSTED

Written By: Below Average Dave on 01/14/09 at 12:17 am

Welcome to the Performance of the Month AmIRight contest! Good luck to all contestants. . .this contest is open voting for all SOTM, POTM, POTQ, and ABC current and past participants whether or not they have entered this contest.  The rules are fairly simple and mostly similar to other contests.  The difference, this contest is played with your ears instead of your eyes!

If leaving comments at locations linked to is difficult or requires membership of some sort, you may leave your comments here as an alternative

1. All voting will end promptly at the very end of the January.
2. All contestants currently in the POTQ need to comment and vote on all contestants by that time
3. Voting is worth ten default points
4. DQ's have been eliminated, but any song on the podium by a parodist who did not vote will not be included in the POTY contest
5. Once You've Voted, You can not change your vote UNLESS your vote was invalid
6.  In the event of a tie, procedures mentioned in the entry thread will be followed up to 10th place
7.  You can't vote for your own song
8. You can't vote for another song more than once in the same contest
9. You have 5 votes - 5 points for your first choice down to 1 for your fifth.
10. HAVE FUN
11. See rule 10.

DUE TO LACK OF ENTRANTS
Non-Entrants: Vote for 5 songs in whichever order you feel they should be placed
BAD, Jeff and EmiLoca: Vote for the three songs remaining, 5 pts to 1st, 4pts to 2nd, 3pts to 3rd, 2pts to 4th

1. Britney Snores by Jeff Reuben

2. Cock Star by Below Average Dave

3. Voting by EmILoca

4. Rob Me I'm a Tourist by Jeff Reuben

5. Rewritten by Below Average Dave

6. Why Ever Sing by EmiLoca

Subject: Re: POTQ Q4 Voting Thread

Written By: Below Average Dave on 01/30/09 at 11:46 am

First-and foremost

Thank You Emi for Saving the POTQ

Your two entries made the contest this month viable, and Jeff as always you were great.

Despite the light field, this was one of the strongest fields to date in my opinion, all 4 of these would have made my top 5 on any given potq, and of course they do this month. . .here are my votes

2 Points to EmiLoca "Why Ever Sing"
  Overall great job, noise and quality of the recording hurt this one's overall appeal, but vocally you were strong and lyrically fantastic

3 Points to Jeff's "Britney Snores"
  I know this was your primary entry, on a quality scale perhaps it's the stronger of the two, but as much as I loved this one. . .

4 Points to EmiLoca "Voting"
  . . .one of the best performanes I've ever heard, and it's only the second to this song, fantastic recap of all things related to voting-and why many don't at all, and. . .

5 Points to Jeff's "Rob Me I'm a Tourist"
. . .this SOTM contender is an even greater POTQ contender, I can't believe I almost didn't get the opportunity to vote for this (as it was your second entry)

Written By: Matthias on 01/31/09 at 6:41 pm

I know I don't have to vote, but I don't really have anything better to do... (I need a hobby)

5 Points: Jeff Reuben's "Rob Me I'm A Tourist" (One of your best buddy! As Dave said this was great as a SOTM winner, but even better as a POTQ winner! I think this one even beats "Homely No More")

4 Points: Emiloca's "Voting" (I normally don't like politics parodies, but this one was great. I think it earned a close place in my heart, because Wicked is the only Broadway musical that I've seen live)

3 Points: Jeff Reuben's "Britney Snores" (You've been on the ball this quarter Jeff! Both of your songs I really LOVED!!! Especially the alarm clock sound at the end of the song)

2 Points: Below Average Dave's "Rewritten" (A whole lot like Weird Al's "Horoscope For Today" set to a lot more annoying OS. I love ska so Weird Al's wins here, but this was still really good)

1 Point: Below Average Dave's "Cock Star" (A pretty good idea set to a really awesome song. I liked this OS a lot better than your other OS for the POTQ, but I liked the idea of your other song better)

Written By: Below Average Dave on 01/31/09 at 8:31 pm

I know I don't have to vote, but I don't really have anything better to do... (I need a hobby)

5 Points: Jeff Reuben's "Rob Me I'm A Tourist" (One of your best buddy! As Dave said this was great as a SOTM winner, but even better as a POTQ winner! I think this one even beats "Homely No More")

4 Points: Emiloca's "Voting" (I normally don't like politics parodies, but this one was great. I think it earned a close place in my heart, because Wicked is the only Broadway musical that I've seen live)

3 Points: Jeff Reuben's "Britney Snores" (You've been on the ball this quarter Jeff! Both of your songs I really LOVED!!! Especially the alarm clock sound at the end of the song)

2 Points: Below Average Dave's "Rewritten" (A whole lot like Weird Al's "Horoscope For Today" set to a lot more annoying OS. I love ska so Weird Al's wins here, but this was still really good)

1 Point: Below Average Dave's "Cock Star" (A pretty good idea set to a really awesome song. I liked this OS a lot better than your other OS for the POTQ, but I liked the idea of your other song better)

I for one REALLY appreciate your 'hobby' here, and appreciate you voting in the POTQ when you don't have to.

Written By: jreuben on 01/31/09 at 8:41 pm

Matty, thanks for voting!  I'm on now, I'll have my votes up before midnight :)

Written By: jreuben on 01/31/09 at 9:27 pm

5 pts:  Emi Why Ever Sing
4 pts:  Rewritten BAD
3 pts:  Emi Voting
2 pts:  Cock Star

Written By: Below Average Dave on 01/31/09 at 11:50 pm

1st Jeff Reuben "Rob Me I'm a Tourist" with 20 Points

2nd Below Average Dave "Rewritten" with 16 Points (1 second place vote)

3rd Jeff Reuben "Britney Snores" with 16 Points

4th Below Average Dave "Cock Star" with 13 Points

5th EmiLoca "Voting" with 11 Points

6th EmiLoca "Why Ever Sing" with 7 Points

Congrats Jeff and Jeff:)  Great month Jeff, Emi, I hope this isn't your last entry--unfortunately by not voting, you cost yourself the ten points on each song that would have put you on the podium, and most deservingly might I add--You have a fantastic voice--and I'm not just saying that, a little extra touching up on your recordings with the lyrics you write, you could very well be the Kristof of recording.  --also thank you for SAVING this contest Emi, Karma for that even though you didn't vote, and Karma to Jeff for being only the second person to earn two podiums in one month. . .will be awarded upon reply to this thread (have a lot to post tonight)

Check for new replies or respond here...