inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: SOTM WildCard 2008 (Enter by February 7th) Cancelled

Written By: Below Average Dave on 02/01/09 at 12:03 am

~~This competition is open to anyone who entered SOTM in 2008, but did not place in the top 3 in any month.

~~Any song that was posted in 2008 but did not place in the top 3 is eligible. It does NOT have to be a previous SOTM entry

~~To enter, reply to this thread with the url of your entry.

~~Deadline: February 7th

~~Vote by replying to voting thread with your five favorites in order:
Top choice gets 5 points, next gets 4 points and so on to 1 point for your fifth favorite.

~~You're not allowed to vote for your own song.

~~Once you've posted a vote, you're not allowed to change it.

~~Voting continues until midnight, February 28th.

~~Anyone who's participated in a SOTM contest past or present may vote. Those not entering Wildcard are positively encouraged to support the entrants with votes.

~~By entering, you are agreeing to read and vote on all the other entries. Comments are not necessary, but appreciated.

~~Anyone who enters but does not vote by the end of the designated period is disqualified and may not participate in February SOTM

~~In the event of a tie, SOTM tiebreak rules will be used.

A few changes this year to note

~~If There are less than three entries, no SOTM WildCard will be hosted

~~If there are exactly 3 entries, only the winning parody will be entered into SOTY

~~If there are 4 entries, the top two will be entered into SOTY

~~If there are 5 or more entries the podium three will be entered into SOTY

Subject: Re: SOTM WildCard 2008 (Enter by February 7th)

Written By: EthanM on 02/07/09 at 7:49 am

You mean 2008 and not 2007, right?

Written By: Below Average Dave on 02/07/09 at 9:34 am

You mean 2008 and not 2007, right?

I guess that's what I get for not reading what I copy/paste. . .sorry about that. . .

Written By: Max Power on 02/07/09 at 9:58 pm

I don't intend to enter to win, I'm here to garner attention for my parody...

Which should it be?

The remix version of "Billy Don't Be A Hero" made me want to laugh out loud when thinking about the Tom Brady suicide song

On other hand, I want to make fun of the Mets performance in September (another free credit report parody)

On other hand, I want to garner some more hits for my another Tom Brady song (The first one)

Which one should I choose? 8)

Written By: Matthias on 02/08/09 at 11:29 am

I don't intend to enter to win, I'm here to garner attention for my parody...

Which should it be?

The remix version of "Billy Don't Be A Hero" made me want to laugh out loud when thinking about the Tom Brady suicide song

On other hand, I want to make fun of the Mets performance in September (another free credit report parody)

On other hand, I want to garner some more hits for my another Tom Brady song (The first one)

Which one should I choose? 8)

It's up to you buddy, I don't think that enough people are going to be in the Wildcard to make a whole big difference either way because almost everyone podiumed throughout the year.

Written By: Below Average Dave on 02/08/09 at 2:05 pm

Unfortunately, that does seem the case, SOTM entry deadline is tonight, and Wildcard was meant to be yesterday. . .

If we don't have 3 or more entrants by this Friday I will officially announce the first ever year to have no WildCard round. . .  :\'(

Subject: Re: SOTM WildCard 2008 (Enter by February 7th) Cancelled

Written By: Below Average Dave on 02/13/09 at 8:29 pm

Due to lack of entrants, for the first time ever there will be no SOTM WildCard for 2008. . .

:\'(

The SOTY Thread will be posted on President's Day. . .Karma for Max Power our one entrant. . .

Written By: jreuben on 02/26/09 at 2:45 pm

I assume SOTY will be put up sometime after Presidents Day?  :)

Written By: Below Average Dave on 02/26/09 at 9:04 pm

I assume SOTY will be put up sometime after Presidents Day?   :)

Yeah, sorry, I kinda wanted to wait to post it until the normal posting time had Wildcard happened. . .it will be up the moment March begins

Check for new replies or respond here...