inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Artistry Round 44 (Janet Jackson) Entry Deadline March 4th 2009

Written By: Below Average Dave on 02/13/09 at 8:27 pm

It's All for You you Son of a Gun

Janet Jackson who calls herself "Janet" on some albums as well (Janet is too common a name in my opinion, Nothing personal, but you aren't Madonna-you can't go by the first name. . .)

Feedback

Love Will Never Do Without You

That's the Way Love Goes

Again

Rhythm Nation

Son of a Gun

Nasty Boys

Anytime, Any Place

Doesn't Really Matter

The Pleasure Principle

Someone to Call My Lover

All Nite/Don't Stop

Miss You Much

Call On Me

Black Cat

Runaway

Got Till It's Gone

All for You

Come Back to Me

Let's Wait Awhile

Escapade

Rock With You

I Want You

I Get So Lonely

Control

Go Deep

Alright

What Have You Done for Me Lately

If

When I Think of You

So Excited

Everytime

It's Janet's time in the spotlight. . .no not the Booberbowl, the Janet Jackson Artistry Round. . .on your mark, get set MOON RING!!!!. . .actually I thought that was blown out of proportion but it's still funny

Subject: Re: Artistry Round 44 (Janet Jackson) Entry Deadline February 26th 2009

Written By: Matthias on 02/14/09 at 9:58 am

Heh, heh, heh... I think I have an idea about what I'm going to write about for this round.  ;)

Subject: Re: Artistry Round 44 (Janet Jackson) Entry Deadline February 26th 2009

Written By: jreuben on 02/14/09 at 10:04 am

I've had two Janet Jackson ideas for years that I've never finished, hopefully this will inspire me to get at least one of them done  :)

Written By: Matthias on 02/14/09 at 10:17 am

I have to do "Nasty Boys" and "Miss You Much" for a project anyways, I'm going to go with one of those two.

Written By: Below Average Dave on 02/14/09 at 11:13 am

I've had two Janet Jackson ideas for years that I've never finished, hopefully this will inspire me to get at least one of them done  :)

Looking forward to this  :)

Written By: Matthias on 02/15/09 at 4:26 pm

For some reason I have the idea "Backstreet Boys" in my head for "Nasty Boys", whether I'm going to do something with that idea is still up in the air though.

Written By: Matthias on 02/17/09 at 10:18 am

http://noorslist.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/recalled_chinese_toys.jpg

"Chinese Toys" to "Nasty Boys" is my tentative idea right now... We'll see what happens.

Written By: Below Average Dave on 02/17/09 at 12:01 pm

http://noorslist.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/recalled_chinese_toys.jpg

"Chinese Toys" to "Nasty Boys" is my tentative idea right now... We'll see what happens.

That looks more like a chinese restraunt there. . .

Written By: ThaConqueror on 02/23/09 at 12:59 am

While I'm picking which song to parody via the method of 'Eeny-meeny-miny-moo', could someone please explain why the Suiz Quatro voting thread got an extension while this entry thread didn't? Wouldn't that kinda confuse things?

Written By: Matthias on 02/23/09 at 7:21 am

While I'm picking which song to parody via the method of 'Eeny-meeny-miny-moo', could someone please explain why the Suiz Quatro voting thread got an extension while this entry thread didn't? Wouldn't that kinda confuse things?

Nobody requested one on this one. If you remember correctly Agrimorfee specifically asked for an extention on the Suzi Quatro (cringe) Round.

Written By: Below Average Dave on 02/23/09 at 11:09 am

I'm not trying to cause all the rounds to be hosted on different days, I almost always allow for extensions when they are requested, but unless people need it I didn't want Janet Jackson or any other rounds to be impacted.

Written By: ThaConqueror on 02/24/09 at 5:51 am

I'm not trying to cause all the rounds to be hosted on different days, I almost always allow for extensions when they are requested, but unless people need it I didn't want Janet Jackson or any other rounds to be impacted.

Ah, I see. Luckily the song I chose (Rock With You) is very simple, so it shouldn't take too long to complete.

Written By: Matthias on 02/24/09 at 8:02 am

I don't really like anything from Janet Jackson's work... But she's a much better choice than Suzi Quatro. It's just that nothing's sticking...

Written By: agrimorfee on 02/24/09 at 10:22 am

"Pasty Boys" should be offically up tomorrow. Dave, there's a good chance that I won't be able to come back here to provide the link. If that is the case,  PLEASE add it to the voting thread when the time comes...consider this as my official entry post. Thanks!!!!

http://www.amiright.com/parody/80s/janetjackson10.shtml

Written By: Matthias on 02/24/09 at 10:53 am

I found out why I've been having such a hard time with Janet Jackson... I don't like Janet Jackson!

So I found a song that had both her and her brother, "Scream" to this song I'm going to write "Freaks" about the media hounding them about being strange and weird.

Written By: Below Average Dave on 02/24/09 at 12:10 pm

"Pasty Boys" should be offically up tomorrow. Dave, there's a good chance that I won't be able to come back here to provide the link. If that is the case,  PLEASE add it to the voting thread when the time comes...consider this as my official entry post. Thanks!!!!

not a problem!

Bad Barber Again

Written By: Below Average Dave on 02/24/09 at 12:12 pm

I found out why I've been having such a hard time with Janet Jackson... I don't like Janet Jackson!

So I found a song that had both her and her brother, "Scream" to this song I'm going to write "Freaks" about the media hounding them about being strange and weird.

That's fine, the only thing is on 50/50 artists (this was considered an equal collab between Janet and Michael) if you use this song for Janet, you cannot use it whenever Michael comes up, but that won't be a problem since your opinion of Michael's music isn't as negative.

Written By: Rex on 02/24/09 at 6:13 pm

http://www.amiright.com/parody/80s/janetjackson9.shtml

Written By: Matthias on 02/24/09 at 11:37 pm

"Freaks"

(I haven't done a rip on Michael Jackson yet! Or Janet Jackson either... And there's a first time for everything)

http://beat.bodoglife.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/janet_jackson_breast_hold.jpg
+
http://www.calculateme.com/MySpace/background-images/scary-michael-jackson.jpg

Get freaked out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNl2Pm9-7Vk
http://www.amiright.com/parody/90s/janetandmichaeljackson0.shtml

Written By: ThaConqueror on 02/25/09 at 4:27 am

Also coming tomorrow: "Socks - PU!" That's all I'm sayin'...

Written By: ThaConqueror on 02/26/09 at 1:51 am

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/cga/lowres/cgan908l.jpg

Socks - PU!

Written By: Below Average Dave on 02/26/09 at 10:35 am

Because Suzi Quatro is not due til March 4th I've decided to extend the Janet Jackson entry deadline to the same date in order to keep things together. . .even though are five regulars got in on time, this will give anyone else who wants it a chance to get in on this round,

With the new contest website slowly nearing completion, every point will help towards all time, and Artistry winners have never had less than 20 points. . .can help big time hold on to or move up in the standings.

Written By: Matthias on 02/26/09 at 10:51 am

Because Suzi Quatro is not due til March 4th I've decided to extend the Janet Jackson entry deadline to the same date in order to keep things together. . .even though are five regulars got in on time, this will give anyone else who wants it a chance to get in on this round,

With the new contest website slowly nearing completion, every point will help towards all time, and Artistry winners have never had less than 20 points. . .can help big time hold on to or move up in the standings.

Are you still pulling the next artist tonight? Or we we have to wait till the 4th?

Written By: Below Average Dave on 02/26/09 at 11:55 am

Are you still pulling the next artist tonight? Or we we have to wait till the 4th?

Officially it will be posted on the 4th, but for those keen enough to read here. . .

The next artist is. . .

Bob Dylan

but like I said officially I'm not posting it until the 4th, so those who read here can have a mini head start, but everyone will still have two weeks from March 4th.

Check for new replies or respond here...