inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ages of Amiright (Round 6)

Written By: Matthias on 02/25/09 at 12:16 pm

Ages of Amiright: Part 2
Round: 6

We'll get the winners of round 4 tonight at midnight, but as for right now let's move onto our next topic shall we. Our next topic is a pretty simple one that I hope many of you can relate to. This is of course Recreation and Pastimes. It can be anything from sports, to hobbies, to anything in general that you enjoy doing. Like I said this one is a fairly easy round, Have fun with it.

As for the half-decade. It might be a hard one for a lot of you, especially those of you who enjoy the older 60's and 70's songs, because our next half-decade is 2005 to Today. It's not as long of a half-decade as the others (Kinda like a quarter decade) but this music still needs to be represented because new songs are emerging every day and they're just as important as the ones from the 20's and 30's only newer. Good luck all of you. This should be a pretty fun round. Once again if you don't know any songs from this decade (Which would be odd because it was just 3 years ago) check them out here www.top40db.net, or make sure to check Wikipedia before you enter it.

Here are the few rules that this contest has...

1. Make sure that your song has something to do with the topic (That's why it's there for)
2. Make sure your song is from that half decade (If you don't know ask)
3. Make sure that you get it done in the time limit given (Which is two weeks from today)
4. Make sure to post it here when it's uploaded on Amiright
5. Have fun with it

Deadline: March 11th

Subject: Re: Ages of Amiright (Round 6)

Written By: Below Average Dave on 02/25/09 at 12:26 pm

We'll get the winners of round 5 tonight at midnight, but as for right now let's move onto our next topic shall we. Our next topic is a pretty simple one that I hope many of you can relate to. This is of course Recreation and Pastimes. It can be anything from sports, to hobbies, to anything in general that you enjoy doing. Like I said this one is a fairly easy round, Have fun with it.

As for the half-decade. It might be a hard one for a lot of you, especially those of you who enjoy the older 60's and 70's songs, because our next half-decade is 2005 to Today. It's not as long of a half-decade as the others (Kinda like a quarter decade) but this music still needs to be represented because new songs are emerging every day and they're just as important as the ones from the 20's and 30's only newer. Good luck all of you. This should be a pretty fun round. Once again if you don't know any songs from this decade (Which would be odd because it was just 3 years ago) check them out here www.top40db.net, or make sure to check Wikipedia before you enter it.

1. Make sure that your song has something to do with the topic (That's why it's there for)
3. Make sure that you get it done in the time limit given (Which is two weeks from today)
5. Have fun with it

Deadline: February 25th

4th round will be announced tonight buddy, deadline I'm assuming you mean "March 11th" not tonight ;)

Written By: Matthias on 02/25/09 at 12:46 pm

4th round will be announced tonight buddy, deadline I'm assuming you mean "March 11th" not tonight ;)

If you want to be technical I guess you're right...

Written By: jreuben on 02/25/09 at 1:53 pm

Deadline February 25th?  Wow...you're tough! 

We'll get the winners of round 4 tonight at midnight, but as for right now let's move onto our next topic shall we. Our next topic is a pretty simple one that I hope many of you can relate to. This is of course Recreation and Pastimes. It can be anything from sports, to hobbies, to anything in general that you enjoy doing. Like I said this one is a fairly easy round, Have fun with it.

5. Have fun with it

Deadline: February 25th

Written By: Matthias on 02/25/09 at 2:08 pm

Deadline February 25th?  Wow...you're tough! 

I'm not that tough  ;)

Good call Jeff

Written By: ThaConqueror on 02/28/09 at 3:18 am

I've decided what song and topic I want to do, and it's a big challenge for me:

a) The song is 'Love Lockdown' by Kanye West (currently my favourite song in the history of everything), which will require me to come up with about a thousand rhymes for the 'oo' sound

b) My chosen pastime is Archive Binging, the challenge being to make it accessible and not so esoteric.

Written By: tomario on 02/28/09 at 7:22 am

Toying with doing something with Coldplays "Fix You" . Somewhere along the lines of my bewilderment at the popularity of Basketball as a  pass time  :-\\

Written By: Matthias on 03/05/09 at 10:23 am

I've got a pretty good idea for 50 Cent's "Candy Shop" about Paintball... As well as a Snoop Dogg song about Chess... And a Kanye West song about Dog Walking (We'll see what I come up with)

Written By: jreuben on 03/05/09 at 10:34 am

"This is of course Recreation and Pastimes. It can be anything from sports, to hobbies, to anything in general that you enjoy doing."

Maybe I should put up Britney Snores, because in general I enjoy doing Britney  ;D

Written By: ThaConqueror on 03/06/09 at 12:26 am

I've got a pretty good idea for 50 Cent's "Candy Shop" about Paintball... As well as a Snoop Dogg song about Chess... And a Kanye West song about Dog Walking (We'll see what I come up with)

I'm tring to guess which songs these ideas go with...no luck.

Speaking of Kanye, my parody has changed from being about Archive Binging to  being about the love of loud noises. Same song, different hobby.

Written By: Matthias on 03/06/09 at 10:39 am

I'm tring to guess which songs these ideas go with...no luck.

Speaking of Kanye, my parody has changed from being about Archive Binging to  being about the love of loud noises. Same song, different hobby.

The Snoop Dogg song was actually from '04 so that doesn't work, but I'll have to do that song anyways for a project I'm working on...

Written By: Matthias on 03/08/09 at 3:05 pm

Wow... The 11th is coming up quick! And nobody has submitted anything yet!  :-\\ (Do you guys need an extension?)

Written By: ThaConqueror on 03/08/09 at 6:25 pm

Wow... The 11th is coming up quick! And nobody has submitted anything yet!  :-\\ (Do you guys need an extension?)

That'd be nice!

Written By: Below Average Dave on 03/08/09 at 6:52 pm

That's up to you, I tend to be last minute--but that's up to you.

Written By: ThaConqueror on 03/08/09 at 10:36 pm

Well, it turns out I don't need that extension - my parody 'I Like Loud Sounds' should be up tomorrow. But I think everybody else may need it.

Written By: Arwen on 03/09/09 at 10:15 am

I am a firm believer in deadlines, personally.  That's not to say I've never missed one and been upset by it...but...I think that people enter the contest knowing that the deadlines are there, and should plan/write/accordingly.

Of course, it's your baby, and therefore, it's up to you, Matty, if you want to extend the contest or not.  We definitely want actual parodies to vote on, right??  I'll support whatever decision you make.  :)

That being said...I finally have an entry...

"Croquet"

http://amiright.com/parody/2000s/danielpowter61.shtml

Written By: Matthias on 03/09/09 at 10:21 am

As of right now there is no extension that might change if people don't start entering and we don't have enough to have a full contest load by Wednesday, but as of right now no extension.

Written By: Below Average Dave on 03/09/09 at 10:46 am

I am a firm believer in deadlines, personally.  That's not to say I've never missed one and been upset by it...but...I think that people enter the contest knowing that the deadlines are there, and should plan/write/accordingly.

Of course, it's your baby, and therefore, it's up to you, Matty, if you want to extend the contest or not.  We definitely want actual parodies to vote on, right??  I'll support whatever decision you make.  :)

That being said...I finally have an entry...

"Croquet"

http://amiright.com/parody/2000s/danielpowter61.shtml

Precisely my opinion, I do grant extensions in Artistry when they are requested because on some rounds it is particularly difficult to have a full field. . .but I only do so if it's really necessary, in general I like preset deadlines.  I've got lots of mini-ideas that may work out for this round, I tend to post within the last couple of days in a deadline, that would not change based on the deadline's date. . .

Written By: Melanie Lee on 03/09/09 at 12:49 pm

As of right now there is no extension that might change if people don't start entering and we don't have enough to have a full contest load by Wednesday, but as of right now no extension.

::)  I for one can use an extension.  I have an idea but so far haven't had time to work on it--not even to learn fully the original song ("Single Ladies").  ???

Written By: Matthias on 03/09/09 at 1:47 pm

::)  I for one can use an extension.  I have an idea but so far haven't had time to work on it--not even to learn fully the original song ("Single Ladies").  ???

Once again we'll see what happens on Wednesday, and if you still need time then I'll extend it till Friday.

Written By: 2nz on 03/09/09 at 4:07 pm

I finally found a song that works for me today. Probably be done to submit tomorrow, so it should post on Wednesday for fun times.

I'd be in support of the extension if there isn't enough participation by the time Wednesday rolls around. I know it sets a bad precedent and it encourages lazyness and procrastination in terms of writing and participating, but... I don't have an end for that last statement.

Written By: Invisible Boy on 03/09/09 at 9:39 pm

I hope this will work for this round...

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/20/73833371_57232832ec.jpg?v=0

Weddings

http://www.amiright.com/parody/2000s/amywinehouse5.shtml

***Special bonus feature in the comments section..."IB Learns To Line Break"

8)

Written By: Below Average Dave on 03/09/09 at 11:19 pm

I hope this will work for this round...

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/20/73833371_57232832ec.jpg?v=0

Weddings

http://www.amiright.com/parody/2000s/amywinehouse5.shtml

***Special bonus feature in the comments section..."IB Learns To Line Break"

8)

Don't know why but parody idea to Sweet Home Alabama. . ."I.B. Learns to Line Break . . . .Used it wisely yes it's true. . .I.B. Learns to Line Break. . .and he Kicks @$$ at writing too"

Written By: Matthias on 03/10/09 at 12:25 am

You're Such A Prick When You Cheat At Scrabble
http://www.amiright.com/parody/2000s/paramore1.shtml

http://blog.makezine.com/lincoln-scrabble-portrait.jpg

Written By: ThaConqueror on 03/10/09 at 3:41 am

http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/dcr0459l.jpg

I Like Loud Sounds

Vid for 'Love Lockdown' by Kanye West

Written By: jreuben on 03/10/09 at 2:28 pm

http://www.amiright.com/parody/2000s/katyperry9.shtml

It's a hobby, and I liked it!

Might update this tomorrow if I finish writing tonight.  I have an evil Facebook song I'm working on.

Written By: Melanie Lee on 03/10/09 at 3:30 pm

;D  Okay, I've just submitted one to Amiright.com:

All the Pretty Horses (Grab a Ring from It)

and I should be posting it here tomorrow!  ;D

Written By: Melanie Lee on 03/11/09 at 12:30 pm

For your amusement, recreation, and pastime:

All the Pretty Horses (Grab a Ring from It)
http://www.amiright.com/parody/2000s/beyonce29.shtml

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mVEGfH4s5g

;D  Enjoy the ride!  :D

Check for new replies or respond here...