inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: POTQ Q2 2009 (RESULTS POSTED)

Written By: Below Average Dave on 07/10/09 at 12:01 am

Welcome to the Performance of the Month AmIRight contest! Good luck to all contestants. . .this contest is open voting for all SOTM, POTM, POTQ, and ABC current and past participants whether or not they have entered this contest.  The rules are fairly simple and mostly similar to other contests.  The difference, this contest is played with your ears instead of your eyes!

If leaving comments at locations linked to is difficult or requires membership of some sort, you may leave your comments here as an alternative

1. All voting will end promptly at the very end of the July.
2. All contestants currently in the POTQ need to comment and vote on all contestants by that time
3. Voting is worth five default points
4. DQ's have been eliminated, but any song on the podium by a parodist who did not vote will not be included in the POTY contest
5. Once You've Voted, You can not change your vote UNLESS your vote was invalid
6.  In the event of a tie, procedures mentioned in the entry thread will be followed up to 10th place
7.  You can't vote for your own song
8. You can't vote for another song more than once in the same contest
9. You have 5 votes - 5 points for your first choice down to 1 for your fifth.
10. HAVE FUN
11. See rule 10.  http://www.amiright.com/performances/items/performances_1240459772.shtml

1. I Verbed a Noun by Below Average Dave
    Performance

2. Enter Sandwich by Matthias
    Performance

3. Redneck Wizard by Jeff Reuben
    Performance

4. Clash of the Bright One by Medemia
    Performance

5. Japan by EmiLoca
    Performance

6. Bigger Chest by Below Average Dave
    Performance

7. The Elephant Man by Jeff Reuben
    Performance

8. Manny's Lament by Medemia
    Performance

9. Hot for Zombies by EmiLoca
    Performance

Subject: Re: POTQ Q2 2009 (April, May, June) Voting Thread (Non Entrants Welcome to Vote too)

Written By: jreuben on 07/31/09 at 1:20 pm

Yikes...if this is due tonight...bump

Subject: Re: POTQ Q2 2009 (April, May, June) Voting Thread (Non Entrants Welcome to Vote

Written By: Below Average Dave on 07/31/09 at 1:27 pm

HM to Jeff Reuben's Elephant Man (loved it, just not as much as your other one)

1 Point to Medemia's Manny's Lament

2 Points to Matthias' Enter Sandwich

3 Points to EmiLoca's Japan

4 Points to EmiLoca's Hot for Zombies

5 Points to Jeff Reuben's INSANE REDNECK WIZARD DANCE VIDEO PHENOMENON!!!!

Great quarter guys, I've never actually had that much trouble choosing a cut on POTQ before, love Elephant Man Jeff, just lots of good ones, including new comer Medemias, and Lady EmiLoca who blazed the GaGa parody trail

Subject: Re: POTQ Q2 2009 (April, May, June) Voting Thread (Non Entrants Welcome to Vote

Written By: Below Average Dave on 07/31/09 at 8:10 pm

Because this thread was so low, I think a lot of people forgot, like the SOTM, it ends today (myself included until Jeff bumped it)  Because only two of the nine parodies are currently qualified, with less than three hours, I'm extending the vote deadline to Monday, that way everyone (except me since I voted) will have Saturday, Sunday and Monday to vote. . .I'd hate it to end with 7 of 9 DQ's because people forgot that the deadline is today--and if the host did, I know I'm not the only one.

I wish there were enough entrants to make it a POTM again, which would eliminate confusion, but there's not at the moment, we'll just have to keep our eyes open, or maybe consider expanding to allow Badave, FUMP and MMA recording artists in. . .that could increase the field. . .what do you guys think?

Subject: Re: POTQ Q2 2009 (Vote by 8/3/09 (MONDAY)) (Non Entrants Welcome to Vote too)

Written By: Timmy1000 on 08/02/09 at 8:11 pm

Just came across this and see voting is open to other contest participants, so I thought I'd listen and vote.  First, these were all well done and the music used was outstanding.

OK, my vote is:
5 to the Redneck Wizard - loved the video, Jeff.
4 to EmiLoca's Japan
3 to Matthias and Enter Sandwich
2 to Dave's Bigger Chest
1 to EmiLoca's Hot for Zombies

Appreciation to all for your talent, writing and interpretation; this is pretty good stuff.
If it doesn't take a long time in explaining, anyone that can share knowledge with an obvious not much of a computer person on how to set up a web page using the mp3 player, please send me a message on this site with some tips - thanks.                        Timmy1000

Subject: Re: POTQ Q2 2009 (Vote by 8/3/09 (MONDAY)) (Non Entrants Welcome to Vote too)

Written By: jreuben on 08/03/09 at 9:55 pm

5 pts:  Hot For Zombies
4 pts:  Bigger Chest
3 pts:  Japan
2 pts:  Enter Sandwich
1 pt:  Manny's Lament

Written By: Matthias on 08/03/09 at 10:43 pm

5 Points: Redneck Wizard
4 Points: Japan
3 Points: Hot For Zombies
2 Points: I Verbed A Noun
1 Point: Elephant Man

Written By: Medemia on 08/03/09 at 11:34 pm

5 points:  Redneck Wizard
4 points:  Hot for Zombies
3 points:  I Verbed a Noun
2 points:  Japan
1 point:  Enter Sandwich

There's a lot of talent around here :)

Written By: EmiLoca on 08/04/09 at 2:00 am

5 points: Redneck Wizard
4 points: I Verbed A Noun
3: Elephant Man
2: Enter Sandwich
1: Bigger Chest

Pinky promise that I've listened to all of these, and I'm commenting as I "speak".

Written By: Below Average Dave on 08/04/09 at 8:00 am

1st Jeff Reuben's Redneck Wizard earned 30 Points

2nd EmiLoca's Hot for Zombies earned 22 Points

3rd EmiLoca's Japan earned 21 Points

4th Matthias "Enter Sandwich" earned 15 Points

5th Below Average Dave "I Verbed a Noun" earned 14 Points

6th Below Average Dave "Bigger Chest" earned 12 Points

7th Jeff Reuben "Elephant Man" earned 9 Points

8th Medemia "Manny's Lament" earned 7 Points

9th Medemia "Clash of the Bright One" earned 5 Points

Congrats to Jeff, EmiLoca, and . . .EmiLoca :D

Subject: Re: POTQ Q2 2009 (RESULTS POSTED)

Written By: Matthias on 08/04/09 at 8:14 am

I think this is the first time that I actually beat Below Average Dave in a song recording contest! Wow... I'm simply amazed!
Thank all of you and congrats to Jeff Reuben and Emiloca and Emiloca!!!

Check for new replies or respond here...