inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Artistry Round 56 (Paper Lace) Entry Deadlines 08/28/2009

Written By: Below Average Dave on 08/14/09 at 10:50 pm

This is one of the artists who were nominated that I've never heard of, one of only three, Suzi Quatro was the first of those to be drawn earlier in the contest, this is the second. . .so this will be an interesting round. . .

The Night Chicago Died

Billy Don't Be a Hero

The Black Eyed Boys

Sunset Rubdown

Swan Lake

You Can't Touch Me

We Got the Whole World In Our Hands

I know the above list is short, but that's because "The Night Chicago Died" and "Billy Don't Be A Hero" cover page after page after page after page of YouTube entries, but obviously feel free to parody any other Paper Lace songs you may know of/find. . .this round ought to be a good challenge, as I'm sure I'm not the only one who will be learning songs by a band I'm not too familiar with.

Subject: Re: Artistry Round 56 (Paper Lace) Entry Deadlines 08/28/2009

Written By: Matthias on 08/15/09 at 12:02 am

Paper who now? I hope that I'll have my new laptop by then because I really don't want to write out a song parody using an iPod... LOL

Written By: ThaConqueror on 08/15/09 at 5:25 am

...who the hell are these gits? I hate getting artists that I'v never heard of, it diminishes the quality of my work (at least I think so anyway).

Written By: Medemia on 08/15/09 at 8:19 am

Wow.  One of the youtube descripts was talking about how these guys were not a one hit wonder like believed in the US, but more of a 2 and a half hit wonder as believed in the UK.

Paper Lace... their name is so pretty.

Edit:
What makes this so much harder this round is that nobody has any of their lyrics posted anywhere!  I think I have my base song, having pulled the lyrics off the song, but searching the web for them is like looking for lyrics by A-ha for anything but Take On Me.

Written By: Medemia on 08/19/09 at 9:14 am

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/5391/anthem.gif

Sing the Anthem
A parody of "Hitchin' A Ride" by Paper Lace.

The version by Paper Lace is different than the original by Vanity Fare.  It is a catchy song actually.  Wonder why it never made it.

Written By: Below Average Dave on 08/19/09 at 1:19 pm

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/5391/anthem.gif

Sing the Anthem
A parody of "Hitchin' A Ride" by Paper Lace.

The version by Paper Lace is different than the original by Vanity Fare.  It is a catchy song actually.  Wonder why it never made it.

Oh my God, I remember the performance from that picture. . .

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/19/09 at 2:39 pm

Wow.  One of the youtube descripts was talking about how these guys were not a one hit wonder like believed in the US, but more of a 2 and a half hit wonder as believed in the UK.

Paper Lace... their name is so pretty.

Edit:
What makes this so much harder this round is that nobody has any of their lyrics posted anywhere!  I think I have my base song, having pulled the lyrics off the song, but searching the web for them is like looking for lyrics by A-ha for anything but Take On Me.

Hey, what about The Sun Always Shines On TV by A-ha? BTW, I love your avatar. Nice fusion of The Hulk and Homer! D'OH SMASH!!!

As for this contest, I have to say the only Paper Lace song I am familiar with is The Night Chicago Died... I might have a parody of it up before the deadline, but I doubt it...

Written By: Below Average Dave on 08/19/09 at 3:14 pm

Hey, what about The Sun Always Shines On TV by A-ha? BTW, I love your avatar. Nice fusion of The Hulk and Homer! D'OH SMASH!!!

As for this contest, I have to say the only Paper Lace song I am familiar with is The Night Chicago Died... I might have a parody of it up before the deadline, but I doubt it...

Well, the good thing is the deadline is 9 days away. . .and unlike other comps Artistry accepts late entries up until the first vote is cast. . .so if you are running a day late or so, but think you'll have it soon, just ask for people to hold off on voting until Monday if you are close to completion, good luck

Written By: DJ Blaze on 08/19/09 at 3:56 pm

Well, the good thing is the deadline is 9 days away. . .and unlike other comps Artistry accepts late entries up until the first vote is cast. . .so if you are running a day late or so, but think you'll have it soon, just ask for people to hold off on voting until Monday if you are close to completion, good luck

That's cool. I might try my luck at this one.

Written By: Matthias on 08/19/09 at 10:28 pm

I really want to do a parody of "Black Eyed Boys" called "Black Eyed Peas" but other than ripping on Fergie (which I already did with "Fergie's Worthless" I don't know I can make that funny)
This is a very, very, very tough round...

Written By: Medemia on 08/19/09 at 10:51 pm

I really want to do a parody of "Black Eyed Boys" called "Black Eyed Peas" but other than ripping on Fergie (which I already did with "Fergie's Worthless" I don't know I can make that funny)
This is a very, very, very tough round...

I thought of that too.  I like how mine turned out better than anything I could have done with Black Eye Peas...

Written By: Matthias on 08/22/09 at 3:07 pm

Still super busy... Besides I don't know these guys from Adam so we'll see what happens.

Written By: Rex on 08/22/09 at 4:15 pm

http://images.forbes.com/media/2008/10/06/candy_4.jpg

Billy, Don't Eat That HoHo
http://www.amiright.com/parody/70s/paperlace16.shtml

Written By: Max Power on 08/22/09 at 10:10 pm

http://www.amiright.com/parody/70s/paperlace13.shtml

Brady Don't Be An Hero

I really need to stop using reference from 4chan meme

Written By: ThaConqueror on 08/23/09 at 5:30 am

My current idea is "Billy, Don't Be An Emo". Can we survive three parodies of the same OS (has that been done before in Artistry? I've been in every round, but I can't remember)?

Written By: Medemia on 08/23/09 at 9:11 am

The fact that they only have 2 songs that most people would know unless they search like crazy makes sense why a lot of the same song is going to be used.

Written By: Matthias on 08/23/09 at 11:37 am

Don't want to miss a round, but being without a laptop for half of the round and now starting my job up again at Disney I don't think I'll have much time to think out ideas for a band that I never heard of.
I'll catch y'all in round 57 whatever that might be.

Written By: Rex on 08/23/09 at 11:53 am

Don't want to miss a round, but being without a laptop for half of the round and now starting my job up again at Disney I don't think I'll have much time to think out ideas for a band that I never heard of.
I'll catch y'all in round 57 whatever that might be.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! How about writing "I Like Potatoes Fried"?

Written By: ThaConqueror on 08/24/09 at 6:44 pm

http://images.paraorkut.com/img/graphics/20071111054913_gifs-animados-orkut-emo-02.gif

Billy Don't Be An Emo

That didn't take as long as I expected.

Written By: agrimorfee on 08/26/09 at 5:44 pm

I had a bit of trouble, but deadlines approaches before I might be able to logon again, therefore...

THE NIGHT MY MOJO DIED ...

should be in tomorrow or day after tomorrow. Dave, as always, please add as my official entry if i can't get on by the due date.

Hope you guys are doing better than me.  ;D

Written By: Below Average Dave on 08/28/09 at 2:29 am

I had a bit of trouble, but deadlines approaches before I might be able to logon again, therefore...

THE NIGHT MY MOJO DIED ...

should be in tomorrow or day after tomorrow. Dave, as always, please add as my official entry if i can't get on by the due date.

Hope you guys are doing better than me.  ;D

Not a problem

I came up with a crazy idea. . .not that I am ever all that normal.  . .

"I Think The Voices Lied" is also coming tomorrow. . .The Night Chicago Died was a simple song to turn into an insane person's story. . .how fun how fun!

Written By: Matthias on 08/28/09 at 7:30 am

I ran out of time to write anything for this round... My life has been extremely busy as of late, but I'll try to catch up with the next round, since they'll most likely have more than 2 and 1/2 songs to choose from.

Check for new replies or respond here...