inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Decathlon Round Part 3?!?!?! (Round 2) [10/05/09]

Written By: Matthias on 09/14/09 at 9:14 am

Round 2

Genre: Hip Hop/ Rap

Possible Artists:
Here's a collection of the greatest Rap/ Hip Hop Artists: http://digitaldreamdoor.nutsie.com/pages/best_rap-artists.html

And MANY MORE!!!

Topic: Books and Litature
(The topics were chosen at random from Below Average Dave's parody website... Don't Blame Me!)

http://librarykvpattom.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/hug-club-clip-art-591.jpg

THE RULES

~~Entry URLs to be posted onto this thread from the Amiright site

~~Entries must conform to both the topic and genre specifications...if in doubt, ask.

~~On the 30th September, entries close and voting begins.

~~Vote by replying to voting thread with your five favorites in order:  
Top choice gets 5 points, next gets 4 points and so on to 1 point for your fifth favourite.

~~You're not allowed to vote for your own song.

~~Once you've posted a vote, you're not allowed to change it.

~~Voting continues until the 14th of October, 2009.

~~By entering, you are agreeing to read and comment on all the other entries and vote.

~~Anyone who enters but does not both comment on all entries and vote by the deadline is disqualified and may not participate in the next event.

~~If you miss a submission deadline, you will not be entered in that event, but WILL be allowed to enter the next event.
However, there will STILL be an expectation that you comment and vote in the event you are not participating in, unless you have a valid reason for not being able to.

~Rule changes may be suggested by any participant in their entry post.  Changes are made only when a majority of that event's voters specify a "yes" vote along with their contest votes.

SCORING: Unlike PAOTY, scores for each Decathlon event are not cumulative. The winner of each event gets 9 Decathlon points, 2nd gets 8 and so on. This should make the contest very close throughout the next 20 weeks.
A Leaderboard will be posted after the first event

HAVE FUN!!!!!!  

Subject: Re: Decathlon Round Part 3?!?!?! (Round 2) [09/30/09]

Written By: Matthias on 09/14/09 at 9:17 am

I most likely am going to do a Goosebumps or Animorphs parody but this is open to all books and stories from Modern Novels to Folk Tales to even The Bible and the Dictonary

Here's a list of books if you need ideas: http://www.fanfiction.net/book/

Written By: 2nz on 09/14/09 at 3:11 pm

Dibs on 'Hobbit' to 'Hey Ya' by Outkast

AND HERE IT IS:

http://www.amiright.com/parody/2000s/outkast58.shtml

Written By: Medemia on 09/14/09 at 3:30 pm

I may have to try one of the big 7 with one of my favorite books of all time (although not known at all from an author not known at all.)

Edit:  Oh, it's not one of the big 7.  With the amount of parodies out there about it, I would have sworn it was.

Written By: ThaConqueror on 09/15/09 at 3:21 am

Hoo boy. This one's gonna be a toughie. The first idea that sprang into my head, which I'll likely end up going with, is a parody of "Cleaning Out My Closet" by Eminem, becoming "Bloody Sick Of Twilight", maybe each chorus being more profane with the first word as it progresses. I've even got a chorus sussed:

"I'm sorry Twihards
I didn't mean to hurt you
Well, actually I do but only because
I'm bloody sick of Twilight
"

I wonder how many nasty comments and 111's I'll get from said Twihards (Twilight diehards, if you didn't know)?

Written By: jreuben on 09/15/09 at 9:21 pm

Actually an awesome topic...the variety of book titles are endless!

Written By: DJ Blaze on 09/16/09 at 5:52 pm

I'm doing one called "Mitford Rap", based on the Christian fiction series Mitford. The OS is "Hit N' Slap" by Asletics. That counts as rap, right? If in doubt, here's the YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O181R-Pah1g

Written By: Medemia on 09/16/09 at 6:19 pm

Doing some research, I found that they are making a movie of my favorite book of all time next year.  So people will at least know the story next year, maybe.  So I am re-reading the book right now to refresh my memory and starting to look at the song to see how well it works.  So, based off of Bradley Denton's work, "Buddy Holly is Alive and Well on Ganymede" will be a parody of Sir Mix-A-Lot's "Baby Got Back."  I forgot how much I loved this book though :)

Written By: ThaConqueror on 09/22/09 at 5:34 am

"Bloody Sick Of Twilight" has been completed and submitted (along with my Artistry entry)...can't wait to see the reaction...I hope it doesn't get flagged for flaming, I've seen worse flames STAY on the site (see: nearly all of Malcom Higgin's output these days), so I don't think my little anti-Twilight parody could be deleted. Would it?

Written By: Silver Power on 09/22/09 at 6:28 pm

I'm doing one called "Mitford Rap", based on the Christian fiction series Mitford. The OS is "Hit N' Slap" by Asletics. That counts as rap, right? If in doubt, here's the YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O181R-Pah1g

Nice OS... DDR Universe?

Written By: DJ Blaze on 09/22/09 at 6:59 pm

Nice OS... DDR Universe?

Actually, it's Ultramix, but it may have been in Universe. I know it was in SuperNOVA for PS2.

Written By: Silver Power on 09/22/09 at 9:11 pm

Actually, it's Ultramix, but it may have been in Universe. I know it was in SuperNOVA for PS2.

That's it, Supernova.

Written By: Matthias on 09/22/09 at 9:32 pm

That's it, Supernova.

Are you going to join us Silver Power?

Written By: ThaConqueror on 09/22/09 at 10:12 pm

http://z.hubpages.com/u/1277765_f496.jpg

Bloody Sick Of Twilight

Vid for "Cleaning Out My Closet" by Eminem

Well, it got there...and it didn't cause a sheeshstorm like I wanted it to. WHERE'S MY sheeshSTORM, DAMNIT!

Ahem.

Took me a while to find a suitable (i.e. no swear-words) picture here.

Written By: Matthias on 09/24/09 at 7:15 am

Due to the genre of the current round I'm going to extend the deadline to October 5th... Thank you Conqueror for getting yours done early

Written By: Arwen on 09/28/09 at 4:08 pm

Due to the genre of the current round I'm going to extend the deadline to October 5th... Thank you Conqueror for getting yours done early

Matty...if you give me too much time...I'm just going to use it all.  ;)

That being said, I came here today to say that while Hip Hop/Rap has always been a trial for me (I could write about books all day long...to pretty much any other genre) I felt like I might actually finish on time...as I finally feel good about the little something I'm working on.

But...since I now have until next week, I'm totally going to put it on the back burner for a while.   ;)

Subject: Re: Decathlon Round Part 3?!?!?! (Round 2) [10/05/09]

Written By: Medemia on 09/28/09 at 4:57 pm

Amen and Amen Arwen.  I am having a hard time filling this in.  Oh well, time for some growth.  I have exactly.... 8 lines done  :o

Written By: ThaConqueror on 09/29/09 at 8:00 am

But...since I now have until next week, I'm totally going to put it on the back burner for a while.   ;)

Don't put it too far back on the back burner - you wouldn't want to drop out like you did with the rap round of the first Decathlon, would you?

Heh, I just realized that I parodied the same song that Matthias did for that round...crazy.

Written By: Arwen on 09/29/09 at 1:43 pm

Don't put it too far back on the back burner - you wouldn't want to drop out like you did with the rap round of the first Decathlon, would you?

A thought that honestly keeps me up at night.  I was totally mad at myself for the rest of the comp.  So lame.  I was kidding, therefore, about putting my project on the back burner.  It's a tough one...but I'm working on it feverishly.

Written By: Matthias on 09/30/09 at 8:12 pm

(I think I'm going to enter this one into one more contest and then retire it until I can find a backing track to record it... It's been a faithful friend throughout the past though and Comic Books are Books so it works for this round...)

Calvin And Hobbes
http://www.amiright.com/parody/90s/saltnpepa2.shtml

Written By: Matthias on 10/03/09 at 8:32 pm

Today is techinally the deadline but since Chucky doesn't update on the weekends those of you who have been putting it off have until Sunday night to enter to have the parodies up on Monday.

PLEASE POST YOUR PARODY INFORMATION HERE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

Written By: DJ Blaze on 10/04/09 at 3:27 pm

I don't think I'll make this one sadly.... just got the first 2 paragraphs done and the computer glitched and deleted them.... if you guys don't mind, hold off the voting until I can get it done. I'll tell you if I give up or not.

Written By: Arwen on 10/04/09 at 7:28 pm

Unless I'm allowed to enter random stanzas from a half finished parody, I fear that I'm not going to get this one done.  And it's NOT that I put it off.  I've honestly worked on it almost daily...but rap is SO hard for me.  Ridiculously hard.  And I get that I'm a loser if I don't finish...(I'm going to keep working tonight...I'll post it if I finish)...but I promise to vote on the ones that did get entered, even if I don't get mine done.

Written By: Matthias on 10/04/09 at 7:38 pm

Are there really going to only be 3 parodies in this round after I gave all of you 3 weeks to work on it?  :\'(

Written By: 2nz on 10/04/09 at 9:36 pm

Are there really going to only be 3 parodies in this round after I gave all of you 3 weeks to work on it?  :\'(

I'm not organized either, so I can't throw stones, but I would be sad if there were only three of us. I'm happy because I'm writing again, so I'm already enjoying this tournament. Thanks, Matt, for all your continued organizing and for sending me a message to make me aware of this tourney. I give frowny face if there are only three of us, and smiley face because of everything else. :'

I also just had a really nice weekend with my family and my girlfriend, so I'm in a happy mood anyway. I've been with her for nine months now, and it's working out really well. That doesn't have much to do with parodies. My girlfriend did give me an idea for an Oprah parody several months back, though.

Check for new replies or respond here...