inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Decathlon Part 3 (Round 5) 11/23/09

Written By: Matthias on 11/09/09 at 12:02 pm

Round 5

Genre: Country

Possible Artists:
- Garth Brooks
- Johnny Cash
- Toby Keith
- Willie Nelson
- Gretchen Wilson
- Dolly Parton

And MANY MORE!!!

Topic: Politics and Current Events
(The topics were chosen at random from Below Average Dave's parody website... Don't Blame Me!)

http://neilbeynon.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/george-w-bush.jpg

THE RULES

~~Entry URLs to be posted onto this thread from the Amiright site

~~Entries must conform to both the topic and genre specifications...if in doubt, ask.

~~On the 23rd November, entries close and voting begins.

~~Vote by replying to voting thread with your five favorites in order: 
Top choice gets 5 points, next gets 4 points and so on to 1 point for your fifth favourite.

~~You're not allowed to vote for your own song.

~~Voting continues until the 7th of December, 2009.

~~By entering, you are agreeing to read and comment on all the other entries and vote.

~~Anyone who enters but does not both comment on all entries and vote by the deadline is disqualified and may not participate in the next event.

~~If you miss a submission deadline, you will not be entered in that event, but WILL be allowed to enter the next event.
However, there will STILL be an expectation that you comment and vote in the event you are not participating in, unless you have a valid reason for not being able to.

~Rule changes may be suggested by any participant in their entry post.  Changes are made only when a majority of that event's voters specify a "yes" vote along with their contest votes.

SCORING: Unlike PAOTY, scores for each Decathlon event are not cumulative. The winner of each event gets 9 Decathlon points, 2nd gets 8 and so on. This should make the contest very close throughout the next 20 weeks.
A Leaderboard will be posted after the first event

HAVE FUN!!!!!! 

Subject: Re: Decathlon Part 3 (Round 5) 11/23/09

Written By: DJ Blaze on 11/09/09 at 4:22 pm

Oh, holy crap. I'll suck in this round if I can even get one done. I'll probably end up doing something on gas prices, set to a Johnny Cash or Charlie Daniels song.

Written By: ThaConqueror on 11/09/09 at 5:07 pm

Oh, SON of a BITCH. I hate country music and I know sod all about politics. CRAPBALLS. This is gonna SUCK.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 11/09/09 at 5:52 pm

Oh, SON of a BITCH. I hate country music and I know sod all about politics. CRAPBALLS. This is gonna SUCK.

Don't give up on your goal of entering each contest! Doing so might result in harakiri (Samurai suicide).

Written By: Matthias on 11/09/09 at 6:36 pm

Don't forget you can also do a parody about current events... So it doesn't NEED to be about politics (Cause I know mine won't be!)

Written By: jreuben on 11/09/09 at 6:48 pm

Conq...go for current events...doesn't have to be specific to politics  :) 

Written By: Matthias on 11/09/09 at 7:00 pm

Oh, holy crap. I'll suck in this round if I can even get one done. I'll probably end up doing something on gas prices, set to a Johnny Cash or Charlie Daniels song.

"Gas Price Is High" to "I Walk The Line" perhaps?  :D

Written By: ThaConqueror on 11/09/09 at 7:28 pm

Don't forget you can also do a parody about current events... So it doesn't NEED to be about politics (Cause I know mine won't be!)

And I live under a rock. I know NOTHING about what goes on these days.

Thus, I repeat, CRAPBALLS.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 11/10/09 at 1:24 pm

"Gas Price Is High" to "I Walk The Line" perhaps?  :D

Good idea, but I actually did something even more fitting: "Flu Caught From Swine" to "I Walk The Line"! Should be up tomorrow. And this is the first time in this Decathlon that someone other than the Conqueror got their entry done first. Sorry, Conq!

Written By: Matthias on 11/10/09 at 7:39 pm

Does anybody know a good web site where I can find intresting news that happened in 2009?

I think that would help this round out a whole heck of a lot...

Written By: ThaConqueror on 11/11/09 at 12:58 am

Good idea, but I actually did something even more fitting: "Flu Caught From Swine" to "I Walk The Line"! Should be up tomorrow. And this is the first time in this Decathlon that someone other than the Conqueror got their entry done first. Sorry, Conq!

Eh, makes for a change in pace.

And someone find that site that Matthias wants. I NEEDS IT BADLY.

Written By: Matthias on 11/11/09 at 11:46 am

I might go and do "Christian Bale's Rant" to Johnny Cash's "Folsum Prison Blues"

Or perhaps something about Kanye West interupting Taylor Swift at the MTV Music Video Awards to a Taylor Swift song

"Interupted Me" to Taylor Swift's "You Belong With Me" is coming soon...

Haven't seen the incident? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z8gCZ7zpsQ

Written By: DJ Blaze on 11/11/09 at 1:53 pm

Lots of good ideas being thrown around... but nothing on Obama or Balloon Boy? Mine's on the site now. Link coming soon.

Written By: ThaConqueror on 11/11/09 at 6:40 pm

Lots of good ideas being thrown around... but nothing on Obama or Balloon Boy? Mine's on the site now. Link coming soon.

...who's Balloon Boy?

Written By: DJ Blaze on 11/11/09 at 6:45 pm

...who's Balloon Boy?

It was a publicity stunt. Some kid named Falcon (of all things!) is the son of some scientist dude, and he accidentally broke the tethers on his dad's science balloon and sent it airborne... however, speculation got out that Falcon was aboard the balloon and about to crash into the ground and die! It was all a publicity scandal. The kid was hiding in the attic the whole time. AmIRighter Melanie Lee did a parody about it.

Written By: ThaConqueror on 11/11/09 at 7:40 pm

It was a publicity stunt. Some kid named Falcon (of all things!) is the son of some scientist dude, and he accidentally broke the tethers on his dad's science balloon and sent it airborne... however, speculation got out that Falcon was aboard the balloon and about to crash into the ground and die! It was all a publicity scandal. The kid was hiding in the attic the whole time. AmIRighter Melanie Lee did a parody about it.

...okay. That's incredibly weird. Maybe there's a good reason why I live under a rock: to keep my brain safe from exploding due to weird stories!

Written By: ThaConqueror on 11/17/09 at 4:31 am

IDEA! As it has been established that I know nothing about current happenings until months after they occur, I could do a parody about that! Perhaps to "Live Like You Were Dying" by Tim McGraw...becoming "I Don't Know What's Happ'ning". Likee?

Written By: Matthias on 11/19/09 at 11:56 am

The rough draft of "Balloon Boy" is complete now to undergo the long and tedious process of grammer checks, pacing checks and humor checks... Should be up for Monday! Seeing that it's the deadline. Haha...

http://www.rippleworksrafting.com/Photos/BalloonBoy.jpg

By the way... Where the heck is everybody?

Written By: Arwen on 11/20/09 at 5:53 pm

By the way... Where the heck is everybody?

You know me...I'm all about the last minute.  :)

Written By: ThaConqueror on 11/20/09 at 7:00 pm

Despite DJ Blaze's prediction, it seems that I am once again the first to get their sh!t together:

http://www.aggiecatholic.org/pictures/extra%20extra.jpg

Don't Care 'Bout What's Happ'nin'

Fanvid for "Live Like You Were Dying" by Tim McGraw

And for the record, the only reason I chose this artist is because he guest starred in a Nelly song.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 11/20/09 at 7:50 pm

Actually, mine's already done. I just didn't put the link up yet.

Written By: ThaConqueror on 11/20/09 at 9:10 pm

Actually, mine's already done. I just didn't put the link up yet.

Ah, but I still put the link up first! HAH!

(Don't mind me, I'm just doin' what I do best - bein' an absolute putz)

Written By: DJ Blaze on 11/20/09 at 9:52 pm

Ah, but I still put the link up first! HAH!

(Don't mind me, I'm just doin' what I do best - bein' an absolute putz)

No prob.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 11/22/09 at 12:37 pm

http://www.amiright.com/parody/misc/johnnycash56.shtml This is mine. YT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7K4jH7NqUw

Written By: Arwen on 11/22/09 at 4:59 pm

Mine should be up tomorrow.  I'm stumbling over two freaking lines...but I'll get it done.

In all honesty...it's not very funny.  :)  BUT...it's what I think...

Stay tuned...

Written By: DJ Blaze on 11/22/09 at 5:12 pm

Mine should be up tomorrow.  I'm stumbling over two freaking lines...but I'll get it done.

In all honesty...it's not very funny.  :)  BUT...it's what I think...

Stay tuned...

Can't wait to see it.

Written By: Arwen on 11/22/09 at 6:57 pm

Okay...it's submitted. 

More than one artist...(both in the country genre)...recorded the song...but I prefer Kenny Chesney in all of my country dealings...hee hee.  So...even though his cut is the lesser known of the two...(he didn't release it as a single...while the other artist did)...I used his version, and threw the youtube link into my top comments. 

Check for new replies or respond here...