inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Artistry Round 62 (Flogging Molly) Entry Deadline November 23rd, 2009

Written By: Below Average Dave on 11/10/09 at 5:28 am

Drunken Lullabies

Devil's Dance Floor

If I Ever Leave This World Alive

The Worst Day Since Yesterday

The Salty Dog

Black Friday Rule

Tobacco Island

Rebels of the Sacred Heart

Requiem for a Dying Song

Whats Left of the Flag

Seven Deadly Sins

The Rare Old Times

The Likes of You Again

F**k You I'm Drunk

Queen Anne's Revenge

Subject: Re: Artistry Round 62 (Flogging Molly) Entry Deadline November 23rd, 2009

Written By: Matthias on 11/10/09 at 10:03 am

I love, love, love, love, love this band!!!

I'm probably going to take a crack at "Devil's Dance Floor" or perhaps "Seven Deadly Sins" or maybe even "What's Left Of The Flag"

Subject: Re: Artistry Round 62 (Flogging Molly) Entry Deadline November 23rd, 2009

Written By: DJ Blaze on 11/10/09 at 1:19 pm

I'll try to do one for Drunken Lullabies sometime.

Written By: agrimorfee on 11/10/09 at 8:02 pm

I wasn't looking forward to this one... 8-PI think I've only heard one song of theirs ever, and I couldn't begin to hum a note of it.

Hmmm...complaining about the band usually works well with me in the end... ;D

Written By: ThaConqueror on 11/11/09 at 12:56 am

...hang on a sec, who? What kind of a name for a band is THAT? Ah, well, not knowing a band hasn't stopped me before, so here goes nothin'...

Written By: DJ Blaze on 11/11/09 at 1:50 pm

...hang on a sec, who? What kind of a name for a band is THAT? Ah, well, not knowing a band hasn't stopped me before, so here goes nothin'...

You should know them since their song "Drunken Lullabies" is in Tony Hawk 4, and you said you knew the song "Spokesman" by Goldfinger which I parodied for ABC S. Flogging Molly are an Irish thrash-rock band.

Written By: ThaConqueror on 11/11/09 at 4:25 pm

You should know them since their song "Drunken Lullabies" is in Tony Hawk 4, and you said you knew the song "Spokesman" by Goldfinger which I parodied for ABC S. Flogging Molly are an Irish thrash-rock band.

...*Youtubes the song*...oh yeah, that one! Reminds me of the Carnival level...anyways, I'll try and do somethin' with that. THPS4 is one of my fave games (it is why I chose Number of the Beast for the Iron Maiden round, after all), so it should be fun!

Written By: DJ Blaze on 11/11/09 at 5:27 pm

...*Youtubes the song*...oh yeah, that one! Reminds me of the Carnival level...anyways, I'll try and do somethin' with that. THPS4 is one of my fave games (it is why I chose Number of the Beast for the Iron Maiden round, after all), so it should be fun!

Yeah, Number Of The Beast is also in Guitar Hero 3. I'd like to try that one, along with TNT, Blackball, and other THPS4 songs.

Written By: Matthias on 11/16/09 at 12:46 pm

I love so many of their songs it's hard to pick just one... I guess I'll try to come up with something for "Seven Deadly Sins" or "What's Left Of The Flag" or "Devil's Dance Floor"... Grrr!!! Or all 3 and see which one turns out the best.  :D

No ideas yet but stay tuned!

Written By: ThaConqueror on 11/16/09 at 4:56 pm

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_tXOzulN1Cgs/SiCHHAIoblI/AAAAAAAAAIw/6Qh_NqDviBM/s400/30demayo_once+009.jpg

Busted Item Pile

Written By: agrimorfee on 11/20/09 at 2:38 pm

"Can't Stop Vermin" will be on site after the next updating.

It's a parody of "A Man Without A Country"...see Youtube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iGesj94AcQ

Good luck all, see you after Thanksgiving if not sooner.  :) :-*

Written By: Matthias on 11/21/09 at 10:30 am

Mehhhhh.... I could totally use an extention on this one Dave.
Mmkay, Thanks!

Written By: Rex on 11/23/09 at 6:16 am

My parody will be submitted this evening.

UPDATE: "Starship Enterprise" has been submitted.

UPDATE TOO: http://www.amiright.com/parody/2000s/floggingmolly5.shtml

Written By: Red Ant on 11/23/09 at 10:12 pm

Dave told me via phone that the extension has been granted - the new deadline is midnight Wednesday 25th.

Ant

Written By: Matthias on 11/23/09 at 11:09 pm

Dave told me via phone that the extension has been granted - the new deadline is midnight Wednesday 25th.

Ant

Are we going to see a song by you Jack?

Meh... Doubtful seeing that you haven't written anything in like 2 years!  :(

Written By: Red Ant on 11/23/09 at 11:17 pm

Are we going to see a song by you Jack?

Meh... Doubtful seeing that you haven't written anything in like 2 years!  :(

Not this round - I've got to be able to listen to a song to make a parody of it. Not to mention I've a raging sinus infection and feel like thrice-thwocked roadkill.

Ant

Written By: Matthias on 11/25/09 at 12:23 am

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_gnm2C1B8vbI/Rm1ae_Z5blI/AAAAAAAAAcw/P3bktIqxnHo/s320/Pig_Cartoon_13.jpg

"Seventh Helping Pig" (My Thanksgiving Tribute) is coming tomorrow!

http://www.amiright.com/parody/2000s/floggingmolly6.shtml

Written By: Matthias on 11/25/09 at 11:03 pm

Is the new artist going to be up today?
Cause tried calling your house and your roommate said that you won't be back until Sunday (wherever you are Dave I hope you have a computer!)

Check for new replies or respond here...