inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Decathlon Part 3 (Round 7) 12/28/09

Written By: Matthias on 12/07/09 at 9:08 am

Round 6

Genre: Jazz and Swing

Possible Artists:
- Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
- Squirrel Nut Zippers
- Cherry Poppin' Daddies
- Royal Crown Revue
- Lavay Smith & Her Red Hot Skillet Lickers
- Lucky Strikes
-  Brian Setzer

And MANY MORE!!!

Topic: Science Fiction & Filk
(The topics were chosen at random from Below Average Dave's parody website... Don't Blame Me!)

http://www.phawker.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/darth-vader-face.jpg

THE RULES

~~Entry URLs to be posted onto this thread from the Amiright site

~~Entries must conform to both the topic and genre specifications...if in doubt, ask.

~~On December 21st entries close and voting begins.

~~Vote by replying to voting thread with your five favorites in order:  
Top choice gets 5 points, next gets 4 points and so on to 1 point for your fifth favourite.

~~You're not allowed to vote for your own song.

~~Voting continues until the 4th of January, 2010

~~By entering, you are agreeing to read and comment on all the other entries and vote.

~~Anyone who enters but does not both comment on all entries and vote by the deadline is disqualified and may not participate in the next event.

~~If you miss a submission deadline, you will not be entered in that event, but WILL be allowed to enter the next event.
However, there will STILL be an expectation that you comment and vote in the event you are not participating in, unless you have a valid reason for not being able to.

~Rule changes may be suggested by any participant in their entry post.  Changes are made only when a majority of that event's voters specify a "yes" vote along with their contest votes.

SCORING: Unlike PAOTY, scores for each Decathlon event are not cumulative. The winner of each event gets 9 Decathlon points, 2nd gets 8 and so on. This should make the contest very close throughout the next 20 weeks.
A Leaderboard will be posted after the first event

HAVE FUN!!!!!!  

Subject: Re: Decathlon Part 3 (Round 7) 12/21/09

Written By: Matthias on 12/07/09 at 10:35 am

http://www.starz.com/titles/BackToTheFuturePartII/PublishingImages/back_to_the_future_part_2_1989_685x385.jpg

"Jesus, Doc! We're going to be parodied with swing revival music? This is heavy!"

- Honestly, How could I not do a tribute to my favorite Science Fiction movie with this round?

Written By: Jack Wilson on 12/07/09 at 12:59 pm

http://www.starz.com/titles/BackToTheFuturePartII/PublishingImages/back_to_the_future_part_2_1989_685x385.jpg

"Jesus, Doc! We're going to be parodied with swing revival music? This is heavy!"

- Honestly, How could I not do a tribute to my favorite Science Fiction movie with this round?
Futur Ridin to Zoot Suit Riot?

Written By: ThaConqueror on 12/07/09 at 5:13 pm

Son of a bitch, jazz? Must you torture me with a genre I hardly know? And Science Fiction, that's just screaming for a Transformer parody, but my previous attempts havn't gone down that well. Maybe the Matrix?

Written By: Matthias on 12/07/09 at 8:26 pm

Son of a bitch, jazz? Must you torture me with a genre I hardly know? And Science Fiction, that's just screaming for a Transformer parody, but my previous attempts havn't gone down that well. Maybe the Matrix?

When I pulled this topic that the first thing that came to mind... T-Cop's going to do a "Transformers" parody... Yes he is...

Written By: DJ Blaze on 12/07/09 at 8:42 pm

I'll probably do the song "Heaven Is a 57 Metallic Gray" from DDR, and it'll be about... either MST3K or Battle Of The Planets.

Written By: Matthias on 12/07/09 at 11:10 pm

I'll probably do the song "Heaven Is a 57 Metallic Gray" from DDR, and it'll be about... either MST3K or Battle Of The Planets.

I would love to see a Mystery Science Theater parody done! Don't know much about BOTP though...

TOM SERVO!!!

Written By: ThaConqueror on 12/08/09 at 3:35 am

When I pulled this topic that the first thing that came to mind... T-Cop's going to do a "Transformers" parody... Yes he is...

Aaaaand that's why I'm reluctant to do one. Now I just gotta find a jazz song that I know...

Written By: Arwen on 12/08/09 at 9:38 am

I'll probably do the song "Heaven Is a 57 Metallic Gray" from DDR

Oooooh...that's my FAVORITE DDR song!!  Well, that and "Wonderful Night" by Fatboy Slim...

Written By: DJ Blaze on 12/08/09 at 2:06 pm

Oooooh...that's my FAVORITE DDR song!!  Well, that and "Wonderful Night" by Fatboy Slim...

You play DDR? From those 2 songs, seems like you have Extreme 2. I like Daikenkai and Sakura from that game.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 12/08/09 at 2:12 pm

I would love to see a Mystery Science Theater parody done! Don't know much about BOTP though...

TOM SERVO!!!

CROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!! (I'm different!) My fave MST3K episodes are Mitchell, Giant Spider Invasion, Time Chasers, and of course... The Final Sacrifice. ROWSDOWER!

Written By: Matthias on 12/09/09 at 12:03 am

I got another peice of the puzzle complete I'm going to do a song by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy for this round... I just need to find the perfect song to parody that fits with a "Back to the Future" theme.

Written By: ThaConqueror on 12/12/09 at 1:35 am

So...it turns out I don't know any jazz or swing songs. CRAP. Suggestions anyone?

Written By: Jack Wilson on 12/12/09 at 10:56 am

So...it turns out I don't know any jazz or swing songs. CRAP. Suggestions anyone?

Zoot Suit Riot?

Written By: Matthias on 12/12/09 at 12:21 pm

I'm either going to do a parody of a Big Bad Voodoo Daddy hit or a song from the new Disney motion picture that has a lot of jazzy tunes "Princess and the Frog"

Written By: ThaConqueror on 12/12/09 at 4:13 pm

Zoot Suit Riot?

I thought of that, but I couldn't think of a parody for it...until 2 minutes ago, when it came to me: "Transform - Roll out!", the Autobot battle cry! I'll keep y'all posted.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 12/12/09 at 5:06 pm

Mind's still blank on the words.

Written By: ThaConqueror on 12/14/09 at 4:39 am

"Transform And Roll Out!" has been submitted...it was actually pretty easy to write. I have no idea why it was so, it just was.

Written By: ThaConqueror on 12/14/09 at 5:58 pm

http://www.alivenotdead.com/attachments/2008/07/23160_200807271204361.thumb.jpg

Transform And Roll Out!

Vid for"Zoot Suit Riot" by the Cherry Poppin' Daddies

Written By: DJ Blaze on 12/20/09 at 12:24 pm

Please.... just a few more days....

Written By: Matthias on 12/20/09 at 8:35 pm

Okay... I'll extend the deadline until after Christmas the 27th should work out a lot better

Subject: Re: Decathlon Part 3 (Round 7) 12/27/09

Written By: DJ Blaze on 12/20/09 at 8:50 pm

Okay... I'll extend the deadline until after Christmas the 27th should work out a lot better

You're a saint!

Written By: Matthias on 12/20/09 at 9:01 pm

You're a saint!

The cardinal saint of awesomeness...  ;)

Written By: DJ Blaze on 12/20/09 at 9:34 pm

The cardinal saint of awesomeness...  ;)

Counting Kristof, that makes 2! 2 AmIRight saints! AH AH AH AH AH AH!

Subject: Re: Decathlon Part 3 (Round 7) 12/28/09

Written By: Arwen on 12/28/09 at 12:39 am

so...as it turns out...i have nothing.  :-[

i threw around several different ideas that i thought would work out.  i honestly love the genre...but nothing was coming together.  actually i DID almost finish one tonight...that i was really rolling with...but then, when i went back through it...it kind of sicked me out.  hahaha.  like...i just didn't like it.  so...i'm totally lame.  and i get it.  but i WILL, as i did in the past, vote on this round...in spite of my lameness.

i'm so so sorry.

Written By: Matthias on 12/28/09 at 10:45 am

So we have one person.... Wow... This contest just isn't working

Written By: DJ Blaze on 12/28/09 at 1:56 pm

Let's just give Conqueror 20 points and move on, 'kay?

Written By: Arwen on 12/28/09 at 2:38 pm

But i WILL, as i did in the past, vote on this round...in spite of my lameness.

In my promise to vote...I had no idea that only one parody had been submitted.  Sheesh.  Conq is a champion.

Written By: Matthias on 12/28/09 at 4:33 pm

Let's forget this round ever existed and give Conqueror 20 bonus points for being the only one with good enough parody skills to complete something for this round.

Written By: ThaConqueror on 12/28/09 at 8:39 pm

This is official both depressing and crazy-awesome at the same time. Depressing because everyone else ran out of parody juice (I wish I could reach through the internet to hand you all a can...or slap you all in the face, depends how long it's been since my last coffee), and crazy-awesome because I just got points for waxing lyrical about my favourite topic. Better luck next time, y'all!

Check for new replies or respond here...