inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Artistry Round 65 (The Kinks) Enter by January 11th 2010

Written By: Below Average Dave on 12/25/09 at 12:30 pm

You Really Got Me

All Day and All of the Night

Sunny Afternoon

Waterloo Sunset

Tired of Waiting

Destroyer

Autumn Almanac

Lola

Come Dancing

Picture Book

Apeman

A Well Respected Man

This Time Tomorrow

Till the End of the Day

20th Century Man

Victoria

Strangers

Low Budget

Father Christmas

Cliches of the World

Subject: Re: Artistry Round 65 (The Kinks) Enter by January 7th 2010

Written By: Matthias on 12/25/09 at 1:23 pm

Seeing that "Lola" is the only song I know by The Kinks that's the one that I'm going to be doing no doubt.

After listening to a few of the other songs I think Lola is actually the only one that I can stand... The Kinks are actually a pretty annoying band.  :o

Written By: DJ Blaze on 12/26/09 at 1:00 pm

Seeing that "Lola" is the only song I know by The Kinks that's the one that I'm going to be doing no doubt.

You don't know "You Really Got Me"? That's Van Halen's song.

Written By: Matthias on 12/26/09 at 1:03 pm

You don't know "You Really Got Me"? That's Van Halen's song.

I do know that song but I already a parody of the Van Halen cover of it... I don't think I want to do the Kinks original as a parody too (although I might end up doing it)

Written By: agrimorfee on 01/04/10 at 4:17 pm

Why is the due date for entry one day before the due date for Destiny's Child voting?  ???

I'm not sure I will be able to enter by the due date, but if I do have problems I will email you Dave.

Written By: Rex on 01/05/10 at 6:16 am

http://www.thecorrectness.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/6853.gif2.jpg

http://www.amiright.com/parody/70s/thekinks32.shtml

Written By: Below Average Dave on 01/05/10 at 9:13 am

Why is the due date for entry one day before the due date for Destiny's Child voting?  ???

I'm not sure I will be able to enter by the due date, but if I do have problems I will email you Dave.

I'll change it, I probably made the DC deadline one day later because of when it was posted and forgot to do the same for The Kinks

Subject: Re: Artistry Round 65 (The Kinks) Enter by January 8th 2010

Written By: ThaConqueror on 01/05/10 at 8:05 pm

Would it be possible for me to get an extension for this? I ask because my laptop is currently getting repaired (the screen's not working - total blackout, cap'n), and the comp I'm using in the interim won't let me watch any videos, stream any music nor even play a feckin' mp3 because I don't have the right feckin' plugins, and I don't trust getting those plugins because none of the flash upgrades my Dad downloaded to try and get YouTube working didn't work (well, the message saying that my flash player needs upgrading disappeared, but the videos still aren't working).

So could I get an extension so I can actually listen to the song instead of winging it? Or do I just have to wing it?

Written By: Below Average Dave on 01/05/10 at 10:49 pm

Would it be possible for me to get an extension for this? I ask because my laptop is currently getting repaired (the screen's not working - total blackout, cap'n), and the comp I'm using in the interim won't let me watch any videos, stream any music nor even play a feckin' mp3 because I don't have the right feckin' plugins, and I don't trust getting those plugins because none of the flash upgrades my Dad downloaded to try and get YouTube working didn't work (well, the message saying that my flash player needs upgrading disappeared, but the videos still aren't working).

So could I get an extension so I can actually listen to the song instead of winging it? Or do I just have to wing it?

I have no problems with extensions, I just need a date though bud :)

Written By: ThaConqueror on 01/06/10 at 12:50 am

I have no problems with extensions, I just need a date though bud :)

Ah. Then we have a problem. Problem = I have no idea when my laptop's gonna be feckin' fixed. I asked Dad, and he says he'll chase Trevor up on Friday (Trevor = guy from church who fixes our computers when we can't). So...I dunno, maybe another week? That not too much of a problem?

Written By: Matthias on 01/06/10 at 1:06 am

Ah. Then we have a problem. Problem = I have no idea when my laptop's gonna be feckin' fixed. I asked Dad, and he says he'll chase Trevor up on Friday (Trevor = guy from church who fixes our computers when we can't). So...I dunno, maybe another week? That not too much of a problem?

Yowch... Another week...

I think you'll have to free write this one Conqueror because that's a pretty long extention, but I mean it's up to Dave.

Written By: ThaConqueror on 01/06/10 at 5:51 am

Yowch... Another week...

I think you'll have to free write this one Conqueror because that's a pretty long extention, but I mean it's up to Dave.

That does seem a bit much, but I think a lot better in terms of weeks. Days make me feel on edge. I'll try my best to wing this one. Dave? Cancel that extension request! If my parody ain't up when the deadline hits, no-one vote until I get my crap together! Please?

And if anyone cares, my current idea is a parody of 'Strangers' called 'Bugger' about - surprise, surprise - a computer that won't feckin' work.

Written By: Matthias on 01/06/10 at 11:05 pm

"I Chaff In These Rubber Tights!"

http://www.supermantv.net/wallpaperbattles/batmanbegins/batman.jpg

http://www.amiright.com/parody/60s/thekinks49.shtml

Subject: Re: Artistry Round 65 (The Kinks) Enter by January 11th 2010

Written By: Below Average Dave on 01/07/10 at 2:49 pm

I received an email request for an extension, and that combined with TCOP's request. . .I am tentatively extending the deadline to Monday, the 11th, I do not want a lot of small rounds.  TCOP keep us in the loop with what's going on :)

Written By: agrimorfee on 01/07/10 at 4:33 pm

I received an email request for an extension, and that combined with TCOP's request. . .I am tentatively extending the deadline to Monday, the 11th, I do not want a lot of small rounds.  TCOP keep us in the loop with what's going on :)

thanks again! come on peoples...join in, there;s still time!

EDIT; Well, here's mine. In the long run, looks like we didnt need that extension. Better safe than sorry i guess.

The Gnu Washer's Lament
http://www.amiright.com/parody/60s/thekinks50.shtm

Written By: ThaConqueror on 01/07/10 at 10:03 pm

"Bugger! (Damn Computer)" has been submitted - look for it tomorrow!

Written By: ThaConqueror on 01/08/10 at 6:21 pm

http://www.artsjournal.com/herman/archives/OH%20sheesh%20key.jpg

Bugger! (Damn Computer)

Written By: Matthias on 01/10/10 at 11:42 am

Actually here is Aggy's link: http://www.amiright.com/parody/60s/thekinks50.shtml

For some reason the link that he posted brings up a 404 error

Written By: Below Average Dave on 01/10/10 at 2:09 pm

hopefully mine will be ready tonight. . .those who haven't voted in D.C. don't forget tomorrow is the deadline!!

Written By: agrimorfee on 01/11/10 at 6:16 pm

Actually here is Aggy's link: http://www.amiright.com/parody/60s/thekinks50.shtml

For some reason the link that he posted brings up a 404 error

i'm working with a borrowed laptop that has a few bugs and difficult mouse use. thanks for catching that. karmamel pour vous.

Check for new replies or respond here...