inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: SOTY 2009 RESULTS POSTED

Written By: Below Average Dave on 02/28/10 at 11:08 pm

Like last year Please vote for your top 10 10 points, 9 points, etc or 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc., also like last year voting is worth 10 points, those who don't vote cannot podium, and if by points they are on the podium, they will be moved to 4th, etc. . .

Voting is open the entire month of March, remember this has absolutely no bearing on the 2010 SOTM series or the Author of the Year results, which were final as of December's results.

All SOTM rules apply except. . .
1) No disqualifications, this contest unlike SOTM is not a required vote, however you must vote to place on the podium
2) You cannot vote for yourself BUT you can vote for multiple songs by the same person
3.) Comments are only required if you vote and only on songs which you did not originally comment on, though obviously we encourage re-reading and commenting again particularly on songs you haven't seen in awhile.
4.) Please do not get to fancy with the way you vote (Cute puns and stuff is fun in SOTM, but in SOTY any given pun can apply to a number of parodies, so please make sure if you vote punny, pun in the artists name AND their song)  Preferably, please mention the number of the song you are voting for.

Welcome newcomers to the SOTM, this year was wild.  It was an odd year.  The return of some veterans who have been out of the fold for a long time, the continued dominance of Arwen and Claude Prez, the emergence of new up and coming parodists, the seeming disappearance of SOTM superstars like Red Ant, Stuart McArthur, and Kristof Robertson (Who combined did not participate in 75% of the year)

So now comes a somewhat honorary fun tradition that is the SOTY competition.  Last year it went to 2nz, Below Average Dave and Invisible Boy. . 2nz did not enter anything into the SOTY contest this year, so there will be a new victor. . .will it be Jeff or Arwen, the king and queen of this year's series, perhaps a surprise by the late charging DJ Blaze, Mark Scotti or Medemia, maybe Matthias will Nookie to the win, or Agri will Handle the gold.  Perhaps Below Average Dave will step up one spot from last year. Could it be a steady dark horse like Guy DiRito, Phil Alexander or Peter Andersson, maybe The Conqueror of Parodies himself.   Established long time vets Claude and Emi have a number of entries, and Silver Power had a solid year.  And lets not forget Leo Keough, a lot of choices. . and its in your hands. . .let the insanity begin. . .

1. Amusement Park Rides by Mark Scotti
   American Pie

2. And I Guess That's Why They Call Me the Blue by Medemia
   I Guess That's Why They Call it The Blues

3. Bloody Sick of Twilight by The Conqueror of Parodies
   Cleanin' Out My Closet

4. Breaking Stuff in Vegas by Arwen
   Waking Up in Vegas

5. C is for Cookie by Matthias
   Nookie

6. Cops'll Getcha by Guy DiRito
   Come Together

7. Curses by Jeff Reuben
   Circus

8. Dainty, Wainty, Fuzzy, Wuzzy, Soft Pink Psychopathic Bunny by Jeff Reuben
   Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini

9. Dancing Epilepsy by Below Average Dave
   Single Ladies

10. Escape (The Trapped by Cannibals Song) by Arwen
     Escape (The Pina Colada Song)

11. Fifty Ways to Leach Your Liver by Leo Keough
     Fifty Ways to Leave Your Lover

12. Followed by Gnomes by Peter Andersson
     Follow You Home

13. Girls Gawk at My Hiney by Peter Andersson
     Girl Talk

14. Groundhog Day by Claude Prez
     Holiday

15. Grumpy, Happy, Dopey, Sneezy, Bashful, Doc and Sleaz-Oops Sleepy by Phil Alexander
     Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini

16. Handlebars by Agrimorfee
     Bootylicious

17. Hannah Montana by Arwen
     Copacabana

18. Hot for Zombies by EmiLoca
     Paparazzi

19. Hot N Old (A Cougar's Anthem) by Arwen
     Hot N Cold

20. How Do You Think My Girl Got Gonorrhea by Invisible Boy
     How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria?

21. I'm Off Key by Jeff Reuben

22. I'm Tasteless by Below Average Dave
     Outrageous

23. I've Just Flattened the Scale With My Fat Ass by Matthias
     It's the End of the World As We Know It

24. Inedible You by Phil Alexander
     Inflatable You

25. Japan by EmiLoca
     Just Dance

26. Mainstream Crap CD by DJ Blaze
     Bohemian Rhapsody

27. My Brother Done Rode a Sheep by Jeff Reuben
     Another One Bites the Dust

28. Off the Air by DJ Blaze
     Take You There

29. Ovarian Rhapsody by Silver Power
     Bohemian Rhapsody

30. Printer's On the Fritz by Arwen
     Puttin' On the Ritz

31. Redneck Wizard by Jeff Reuben
     Redneck Woman

32. Smurfalicious by Jeff Reuben
     Fergalicious

33. Stalking Miley by Medemia
     My Way

34. That's a No-No by Claude Prez
     That's Amore

35. Things That I Love to Hate by Invisible Boy
     99 Red Balloons

36. Tree Slapper by Claude Prez
     Tree Hugger

37. Turkey Gizzards by Mark Scotti
     Pinball Wizard

38. Under the Sea (Ocean Pollution) by Pensworth
     Under the Sea

39. Why Why Did the King of Pop Die by Silver Power
     American Pie

Subject: Re: SOTY 2009 (Everyone Please vote before March ends)

Written By: DJ Blaze on 03/01/10 at 4:34 pm

I'll be sure to vote by the end of the month. 2 nominations... wow, I've really done better than I would've thought. Maybe we should PM people like Guy DiRito and EmiLoca who haven't been on AmIRight/InThe00s to remind them to vote. No offense to them, I'd just hate to see them miss out.

So who will win? I've come a long way... let's see if I can hang with the big dogs.

Written By: agrimorfee on 03/03/10 at 7:28 pm

Jeezus. I am tired out from all this reviewing...I never want to hear a Britney Spears song again as long as I live.  :D  Great stuff from everyone...I really hate to have missed so much last year...hoping I can compete monthly again now that I have a little bit of stability in my personal life.

If I don't do this now, I will never get it done. So.

1pt=Girls Gawk At My Hiney
2pts=Dancing Epilepsy
3pts=Hannah Montana
4pts=Grumpy, Happy. (etc.)
5pts=I've Just Flattened The Scale With My Fat Ass
6pts=Under The Sea
7pts=Hot For Zombies
8pts=Stalking Miley
9pts=Ovarian Rhapsody
10pts=Japan

Written By: Matthias on 03/04/10 at 2:29 pm

10 Points: "Curses" by Jeff Reuben
9 Points: "Dancing Epilepsy" by Below Average Dave
8 Points: "Under The Sea (Ocean Pollution)" by Pensworth
7 Points: "Hannah Montana" by Arwen
6 Points: "Ovarian Rhapsody" by Silver Power
5 Points: "Hot For Zombies" by Emiloca
4 Points: "Bloody Sick Of Twilight" by Conqueror of Parodies
3 Points: "Groundhog Day" by Claude Prez
2 Points: "Handlebars" by Agrimorfee
1 Point: "How Do You Think My Girl Got Gonorrhea" by Invisible Boy

Written By: scottim50 on 03/05/10 at 12:15 pm

Note to all: The entire list was Creativity and Humor at it's finest!
Everybody take a bow!  ;D  ;D  ;D

1  to Dancing Epilepsy by Below Average Dave
2  to Hot N Old (A Cougar's Anthem) by Arwen
3  to Things That I Love to Hate by Invisible Boy
4  to That's a No-No by Claude Prez
5  to Cops'll Getcha by Guy DiRito
6  to Fifty Ways to Leach Your Liver by Leo Keough
7  to Ovarian Rhapsody by Silver Power
8  to Grumpy, Happy, Dopey, Sneezy, Bashful, Doc and Sleaz-Oops Sleepy by Phil Alexander
9  to My Brother Done Rode a Sheep by Jeff Reuben
10 to Groundhog Day by Claude Prez

Written By: Silver Power on 03/08/10 at 3:11 pm

Wow.. I walk away from Inthe00s for a few weeks, and suddenly I'm nominated for Song of the Year? Epic.

Going to try to remember to review all of these parodies when I get a chance.

Written By: jreuben on 03/09/10 at 3:21 pm

10 pts:  Hot For Zombies
9 pts:  Ovarian Rhapsody
8 pts:  C Is For Cookie
7 pts:  Grumpy, Dopey, Happy, Sleazy...
6 pts:  That's A No No
5 pts:  Dancing Epilepsy
4 pts:  Hot & Old
3 pts:  Girls Gawk At My Hiney
2 pts:  Mainstream Crap CD
1 pt:  Japan

Written By: Arwen on 03/10/10 at 5:43 pm

So I have three artists who are all in my top 10 twice.  (Two of those artists are in my top five twice.)  I considered choosing one from each of my duplicators and eliminating the other...but decided against it.  If both songs are awesome...both songs are awesome.  I bow to their greatness, needless to say.   

And to the rest on my list......and to all of you...I say, thanks for making this vote exceptionally hard...and especially for an amazing year... :)  I hope that those who have been missing in action for a while return to vote...so that they can get their credit.  They deserve it.

And now...

10 points for #18, "Hot for Zombies" by EmiLoca
9 points for #20, "How Do You Think My Girl Got Gonorrhea" by Invisible Boy
8 points for #34, "That's a No-No" by Claude Prez
7 points for #25, "Japan" by EmiLoca
6 points for #35, "Things That I Love To Hate" by Invisible Boy
5 points for #38, "Under the Sea" by Pensworth
4 points for #8, "Dainty...Bunny" by Jeff Reuben
3 points for #15, "Grumpy...Sleepy" by Phil Alexander
2 points for #6, "Cops'll Getcha" by Guy DiRito
1 point for #7, "Curses" by Jeff Reuben

Written By: K1chyd on 03/14/10 at 1:25 pm

The last shortlist had 17 songs, almost half the field (but the shortlist for the numero uno position had only one almost from the start)...

1 Point: "Cops'll Getcha"

2 Points: "C Is For Cookie"

3 Points: "My Brother Done Rode A Sheep"

4 Points: "That's A No-No"

5 Points: "Printer's On The Fritz (Among Other Things!)"

6 Points: "And I Guess That's Why They Call Me The Blue"

7 Points: "Redneck Wizard"

8 Points: "How Do You Think My Girl Got Gonorrhea"

9 Points: "Under the Sea (ocean pollution)"

10 Points: "Hot N Old (A Cougar's Anthem)"

Written By: Silver Power on 03/31/10 at 3:46 pm

My 'Ovarian Rhapsody' seems to be faring well, however, I don't think I'm going to be able to vote today. Not sure if there could possibly be an extension to this, but keep in mind that for every contest I've entered, I've always been one fo the first to vote, but this list is extensive and I never got around to it.

Anyways, I was hoping for an extension, but if that's entirely impossible, I'll take my DQ like a man. ;)

Written By: Below Average Dave on 03/31/10 at 7:30 pm

My 'Ovarian Rhapsody' seems to be faring well, however, I don't think I'm going to be able to vote today. Not sure if there could possibly be an extension to this, but keep in mind that for every contest I've entered, I've always been one fo the first to vote, but this list is extensive and I never got around to it.

Anyways, I was hoping for an extension, but if that's entirely impossible, I'll take my DQ like a man. ;)

I'll extend though April 8th (the date that the next month's entries are due)
For the record, there are no DQ's on SOTY, you just can't win without voting :)

Written By: K1chyd on 04/01/10 at 11:44 am

I'll extend though April 8th (the date that the next month's entries are due)

Make that known in the thread's title too...

Written By: EmiLoca on 04/01/10 at 1:54 pm

Thaaaaaanks.  :)

Subject: Re: SOTY 2009 (Everyone Please vote by April 12th)

Written By: Below Average Dave on 04/08/10 at 12:19 am

I've not really seen anyone take advantage of the extension, I'm extending it four more days, during which time hopefully I and everyone else will have a chance to vote.

Written By: Matthias on 04/08/10 at 6:42 am

I've not really seen anyone take advantage of the extension, I'm extending it four more days, during which time hopefully I and everyone else will have a chance to vote.

At this rate all of you lazy people are going to have another month to vote on this!

It will probably aid to the situation if you PMed all of the people who have yet to vote because a PM goes directly into your main e-mail.

Written By: agrimorfee on 04/08/10 at 8:24 am

No more extensions. If these folks were that invested in this, they should have done their duties already.  >:(

Written By: Arwen on 04/08/10 at 5:29 pm

They still have until the end of today before they're too late for the original extension.  What's with all the anger and name calling? 

Written By: Below Average Dave on 04/10/10 at 12:12 am

I apologize if it pissed anyone off, I don't know about everyone else, but the past four weeks have yielded no time on my end as I have been training for a new job, and taking two very demanding courses at school. . .I realize that it may be a bit of a hold up, but it's not like the SOTY has ever been meant to be a stressful OMG I haven't had a chance to vote kinda contest.  Life happens, I wish people would try to understand that.

Agrimorfee, I understand what you are saying, as is the case with Matthias, I won't put any more in, but damn you two almost seem as if the SOTY is more than just a fun little thing that we do as an afterthought, its not and I'm sorry that maintaining my GPA has to come first, I didn't have time to write a single non-contest song all of last month. . .and haven't really had time to get anything personally done either. .

Thank you Arwen . . .I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees this as an over-reaction.

PS.  Between my job and school work, I have enough stress on my plate as it is, these contests are not meant to be a third heavy duty obligation, and if short extensions can allow a couple more voters than I would have thought that'd be a good thing.  If I am wrong in assuming that more voters equals a better result, then let me know, perhaps I am in the wrong place.  I am not here for stress, I am here for the relief thereof. . .I don't need the anger and attitude.

Written By: Matthias on 04/10/10 at 6:58 am

I'm sure we all have issues, I myself am working on two film shoots as well as goiing to school and maintaining my GPA so don't use to school complaint on me.

One extension I see if fine, but two extensions is overkill and the people who didn't vote by the end of the first extension shouldn't be able to vote. Since that's not fiar to the people who actually did vote on time.

Written By: ThaConqueror on 04/10/10 at 7:43 am

We interrupt this debate to bring you a VOTING THING:

1 point to Groundhog Day by Claude Prez
2 points to Curses by Jeff Reuben
3 points to Printer's On the Fritz by Arwen
4 points to C is for Cookie by Matthias
5 points to Under the Sea (Ocean Pollution) by Pensworth
6 points to Why Why Did the King of Pop Die by Silver Power
7 points to Hot for Zombies by EmiLoca
8 points to Handlebars by Agrimorfee
9 points to Japan by EmiLoca
10 points to Cops'll Getcha by Guy DiRito

We now return to your regularly scheduled interweb debate.

I'm feeling more than a little silly today.

Written By: Silver Power on 04/10/10 at 8:45 am

I'm sure we all have issues, I myself am working on two film shoots as well as goiing to school and maintaining my GPA so don't use to school complaint on me.

One extension I see if fine, but two extensions is overkill and the people who didn't vote by the end of the first extension shouldn't be able to vote. Since that's not fiar to the people who actually did vote on time.

I understand, but honestly, to me, it's just an internet contest. No biggie. The contest will survive without my votes, however, I started working again recently for my summer job . I work from 10-5, wait until 5:30 for a bus to finally arrive at the stop near the restaurant, and then I usually arrive at my friend's house around 6, so we can listen to crappy music with the stickiest of the icky, play basketball, whatever. I get picked up from my friend's house at around 10pm. By then, after the icky has been slowly de-stickified after 4 hours, I'm usually quite tired. I'll feed my pets, watch some television, then burn out and sleep.

I'll be honest and give a list of some of my highest priorities:

Family
Girlfriend
Work
Friends
Pet Guinea Pigs

Those are probably my top 5, in no particular order. Nowhere did I list voting in a non-mandatory internet contest. However, I'm not saying that I'm not going to vote at all, I'm just saying that I've been very busy. I'd also like to once again say that in all of the other contests I've entered, I've always been among the first to comment and vote. Don't worry, I know what it's like waiting for everyone else to vote. But never have I said in my life that there shouldn't be an extension for someone who asks for it, because real life should always be more important than an online contest, and if it's not, you have an internet addiction, plain and simple.

I understand both sides, and I wish I weren't on the side that has to somewhat defend myself over not voting yet. If I can't find time to vote by this next deadline, I wish everyone good luck, and congratulations to everyone who entered. But I'll try to.

Written By: Below Average Dave on 04/10/10 at 9:50 am

You aren't on the kind of schedule I am with school and you know that, because we have talked in person.  You also know it's not an excuse, Matthias, I mentioned in my extension my reasoning for doing it. . .and fine I will not vote, I don't care--you are making this far more stressful than it needs to be, the extension stands as it was already announced. . . but this particular contest is NOT a die hard one that counts towards anything. . .at this particular moment Matthias, I don't want any PMs, I don't want to hear from you, I need a moment to breath--and I cannot handle your impatience any longer.  From now on I will not grant extensions because I am sick and tired of hearing flack when I do.  I am sick and tired of an internet contest meant for fun being treated like some important end of the world contest.  It is not the Grammies, It is not the Emmies, it is meant to be fun--especially this one.  Your word choice both in personal contact and board contact has irked me Matthias, my personal life has absolutely no free time right now, I'm glad that yours is so flush that you can call other people lazy and slackers.  Like I said, don't contact me for awhile, I need some cool down time, because right now you have me hot headed, and that is somewhere that I don't get very often. . .when I do it takes awhile to come back down.

Written By: Below Average Dave on 04/10/10 at 9:51 am

I understand, but honestly, to me, it's just an internet contest. No biggie. The contest will survive without my votes, however, I started working again recently for my summer job . I work from 10-5, wait until 5:30 for a bus to finally arrive at the stop near the restaurant, and then I usually arrive at my friend's house around 6, so we can listen to crappy music with the stickiest of the icky, play basketball, whatever. I get picked up from my friend's house at around 10pm. By then, after the icky has been slowly de-stickified after 4 hours, I'm usually quite tired. I'll feed my pets, watch some television, then burn out and sleep.

I'll be honest and give a list of some of my highest priorities:

Family
Girlfriend
Work
Friends
Pet Guinea Pigs

Those are probably my top 5, in no particular order. Nowhere did I list voting in a non-mandatory internet contest. However, I'm not saying that I'm not going to vote at all, I'm just saying that I've been very busy. I'd also like to once again say that in all of the other contests I've entered, I've always been among the first to comment and vote. Don't worry, I know what it's like waiting for everyone else to vote. But never have I said in my life that there shouldn't be an extension for someone who asks for it, because real life should always be more important than an online contest, and if it's not, you have an internet addiction, plain and simple.

I understand both sides, and I wish I weren't on the side that has to somewhat defend myself over not voting yet. If I can't find time to vote by this next deadline, I wish everyone good luck, and congratulations to everyone who entered. But I'll try to.

Thank you very much for your voice of reason

Written By: jreuben on 04/10/10 at 10:06 am

Deep thoughts.  Dave, can we get another one week extension to think about what you've said here?  

I apologize if it pissed anyone off, I don't know about everyone else, but the past four weeks have yielded no time on my end as I have been training for a new job, and taking two very demanding courses at school. . .I realize that it may be a bit of a hold up, but it's not like the SOTY has ever been meant to be a stressful OMG I haven't had a chance to vote kinda contest.  Life happens, I wish people would try to understand that.

Agrimorfee, I understand what you are saying, as is the case with Matthias, I won't put any more in, but damn you two almost seem as if the SOTY is more than just a fun little thing that we do as an afterthought, its not and I'm sorry that maintaining my GPA has to come first, I didn't have time to write a single non-contest song all of last month. . .and haven't really had time to get anything personally done either. .

Thank you Arwen . . .I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees this as an over-reaction.

PS.  Between my job and school work, I have enough stress on my plate as it is, these contests are not meant to be a third heavy duty obligation, and if short extensions can allow a couple more voters than I would have thought that'd be a good thing.  If I am wrong in assuming that more voters equals a better result, then let me know, perhaps I am in the wrong place.  I am not here for stress, I am here for the relief thereof. . .I don't need the anger and attitude.

Written By: Below Average Dave on 04/10/10 at 6:09 pm

Deep thoughts.  Dave, can we get another one week extension to think about what you've said here?  

;D  Thank you Jeff I needed that ;)

Written By: DJ Blaze on 04/11/10 at 4:03 pm

10 points: Japan
9 points: Bloody Sick Of Twilight
8 points: Under The Sea (Ocean Pollution)
7 points: Cops'll Getcha
6 points: Hannah Montana
5 points: Redneck Wizard
4 points: Printer's On The Fritz
3 points: Psychopathic Bunny
2 points: Followed by Gnomes
1 point: I'm Tasteless

Written By: ThaConqueror on 04/11/10 at 8:21 pm

Definite karma for Senor Blaze! Don't ask me why I called you Senor, I'm strange, deal.

Written By: Below Average Dave on 04/11/10 at 10:32 pm

I wasn't going to vote, but I've had a few convincing PMs, especially since neither of my titles are likely to take a run for the overall title I feel I should vote. . .

HM to all that don't get my vote.

1 point to Japan by EmiLoca
2 Points to Grumpy, Happy, Dopey. . .by Phil Alexander
3 Points to Mainstream Crap CD by DJ Blaze
4 Points to Hannah Montanna by Arwen
5 Points to Dainty Wainty Fuzzy Wuzzy. . .by Jeff Reuben
6 Points to Escape (From Cannibals) by Arwen
7 Points to Followed by Gnomes by Peter Andersson
8 Points to Curses by Jeff Reuben
9 Points to Redneck Wizard by Jeff Reuben
10 Points to C is for Cookie by Matthias

sorry to all the many great entries I had to leave off. . .10 out of 39 is always difficult. . .this is the first year where I voted for more than one song by any one person, but Jeff had one heck of a year.  In fact in my initial draft, "I'm Off Key" and "Smurfalicious" were also in consideration.  . .this little extension which caused such a stir has allowed several more voters, so I hope everyone understand now why I did it. . .

Written By: agrimorfee on 04/12/10 at 8:14 am

Let it be known that my comment on the proceedings was in no way reflective of you Dave. You of all people are the most dedicated to the parody contest realm (not least of which being the moderator), and I know you would only have good reason to be delayed. Before I made my comment I believe there were only 5 vote responses out of 19 authors for 40 songs. I was really directing my ire towards newbies (this Penworth fellow, whodat? :)) and veterans who did not seem to have concern...and for all I know, the remaining contestants may not even realize they are on the list of nominations.

As I only have one entry which got in by the skin of its teeth (so to speak), and as it mathematically has no chance of ranking much higher than it is now, I never really had that much serious thought of winning a placement...as you stated, this is supposed to be fun. But if the remaining contestants don't really care, there's not much point in extending datelines further.

Peace out, and Karma for you and Matty and Arwen to further show my sincerity.  :-*

Written By: EmiLoca on 04/12/10 at 3:21 pm

Sorry to be everyone's Palm Beach County '00.  ::)  This was a ridiculously difficult round to vote but I'm glad I got to revisit some old favorites and expose myself to some seriously stellar stuff I hadn't even read yet.  Karma to everyone.  You all win an Emi award.

10 pts - Things That I Love to Hate
9 pts - Hot N Old (A Cougar's Anthem)
8 pts -That's a No-No
7 pts - How Do You Think My Girl Got Gonorrhea
6 pts - Mainstream Crap CD
5 pts - Redneck Wizard
4 pts - And I Guess That's Why They Call Me the Blue
3 pts - Cops'll Getcha
2 pts - Grumpy, Happy, Dopey, Sneezy, Bashful, Doc and Sleaz-Oops Sleepy
1 pt - C is for Cookie

Written By: DJ Blaze on 04/12/10 at 3:25 pm

Sorry to be everyone's Palm Beach County '00.  ::)  This was a ridiculously difficult round to vote but I'm glad I got to revisit some old favorites and expose myself to some seriously stellar stuff I hadn't even read yet.  Karma to everyone.  You all win an Emi award.

10 pts - Things That I Love to Hate
9 pts - Hot N Old (A Cougar's Anthem)
8 pts -That's a No-No
7 pts - How Do You Think My Girl Got Gonorrhea
6 pts - Mainstream Crap CD
5 pts - Redneck Wizard
4 pts - And I Guess That's Why They Call Me the Blue
3 pts - Cops'll Getcha
2 pts - Grumpy, Happy, Dopey, Sneezy, Bashful, Doc and Sleaz-Oops Sleepy
1 pt - C is for Cookie

Thanks, and great pun on "Emi" award!

Written By: jreuben on 04/12/10 at 5:48 pm

Oh how I've longed for an Emi (pun intended...sorry Meredith  :P )

Written By: Invisible Boy on 04/12/10 at 9:59 pm

It was a great year for song parodies. I’m sorry I can only vote for 10.

1 point to: Cops’ll Getcha
2 points to: C is for Cookie
3 points to: Hot N Old
4 points to: Grumpy etc.
5 points to: Ovarian Rhapsody
6 points to: Redneck Wizard
7 points to: That’s a No-No 
8 points to: Hot for Zombies
9 points to: Hannah Montana
10 points to: Japan

8)

Written By: Below Average Dave on 04/13/10 at 12:32 am

Results are in. . .

SOTY 2009 is. . .
1st Japan by EmiLoca with 58 Points

2nd Hot for Zombies by EmiLoca with 57 Points

3rd Redneck Wizard by Jeff Reuben with 42 Points

4th Under the Sea (Ocean Pollution) by Pensworth with 41 Points

5th Hannah Montana by Arwen with 39 Points

6th Hot N Old (A Cougar's Anthem) by Arwen with 38 Points

7th C is for Cookie by Matthias with 37 Points
7th That's a No No by Claude Prez with 37 Points

9th Ovarian Rhapsody by Silver Power with 36 Points

10 How Do you Think My Girlfriend Got Gonhorrea by Invisible Boy with 35 Points

11th Grumpy, Happy, Dopey, Sneezy, Bashful, Doc and Sleaz-Oops Sleepy by Phil Alexander with 30 Points

12th Things I Love to Hate by Invisible Boy with 29 Points
12th Cops'll Getcha by Guy DiRito with 29 Points

14th Dancing Epilepsy by Below Average Dave with 27 Points

15th Curses by Jeff Reuben with 31 Points

16th Bloody Sick of Twilight by The Conqueror of Parodies with 23 Points

17th My Brother Done Rode a Sheep by Jeff Reuben with 22 Points
17th Printer's On the Fritz by Arwen with 22 Points
17th Dainty, Wainty, Fuzzy, Wuzzy, Soft Pink Psychopathic Bunny by Jeff Reuben with 22 Points

20th Mainstream Crap CD by DJ Blaze with 21 Points

21st Handlebars by Agrimorfee with 20 Points

22nd Followed by Gnomes by Peter Andersson with 19 Points

23rd Escape (The Cannibals Song) by Arwen with 16 Points

24th I've Just Flattened the Scale With My Huge @$$ by Matthias with 15 Points

25th Girls Gawk at My Hiney by Peter Andersson with 14 Points
25th Groundhog Day by Claude Prez with 14 Points

27th I'm Tasteless by Below Average Dave with 11 Points

28th Amusement Park Rides by Mark Scotti with 10 Points
28th And I Guess That's Why They Call Me The Blue by Medemia with 10 Points
28th Breaking Stuff in Vegas by Arwen with 10 Points
28th I'm Off Key by Jeff Reuben with 10 Points
28th Off the Air by DJ Blaze with 10 Points
28th Smurfalicious by Jeff Reuben with 10 Points
28th Turkey Gizzards by Mark Scotti with 10 Points

35th Stalking Miley by Medemia with 8 Points

36th Fifty Ways to Leech Your Liver by Leo Keough with 6 Points
36th Why Why Did the King of Pop Die by Silver Power with 6 Points

38th Inedible You by Phil Alexander with HM
38th Tree Slapper by Claude Prez with HM

Subject: Re: SOTY 2009 RESULTS POSTED

Written By: jreuben on 04/13/10 at 2:59 am

Hey Dave, I think you missed a few votes, which put Japan in 1st, with 58, Hot for Zombies 2nd with 57, and Redneck Wizard 3rd with 42 votes:

Japan:  10 (for voting)  + 10 (agri) + 1 (Jeff) + 7 (Arwen) + 9 (conq) + 10 (Blaze) + 1 (BAD) + 10 (IB) = 58
Hot For Zombies:  10 (for voting) + 7 (agri) + 5 (matthias) + 10 (Jeff) + 10 (Arwen) + 7 (Conq) + 8 (IB) = 57
Redneck Wizard 10 (for voting) + 7 (Peter) + 5 (DJ Blaze) + 9 (BAD) + 5 (Emiloca) + 6 (Invisible Boy) = 42

Invisible Boy's votes appear to be missing (Under the Sea was fourth with 41...he couldn't have finished on the podium anyway since he didn't vote, despite the 58 extensions and calls to his house)

Other adjustments (IB's votes + 10 added to IB's songs for voting + Dainty...Bunny was low by 5 votes, and Dancing Epilepsy was high by 5 votes):

Hanna Montana had 39
Hot And Old had 38
C Is For Cookie had 37
That's A No No had 37
Ovarian Rhapsody had 36
How Do You Think My Girlfriend got Gonherrea had 35
Grumpy Happy... had 30
Things I Love To Hate had 29
Cops Will Get Ya had 29
Dancing Epilepsy had 27
Dainty Wainty Fuzzy Wuzzy Soft Pink Psychopathic Bunny had 22

Written By: agrimorfee on 04/13/10 at 7:57 am

8) An incredible placement from our Emi, yet so fitting for 2009, the year of Gaga.  :D

Cheers to everyone, really. You are all ARTISTS.

Written By: Silver Power on 04/13/10 at 8:44 am

8) An incredible placement from our Emi, yet so fitting for 2009, the year of Gaga.  :D

Cheers to everyone, really. You are all ARTISTS.

Emi pretty much killed us all. I blame Lady Gaga.. Her songs are so damn catchy.

Seriously though, congratulations to everyone.

Written By: pensworth on 04/24/10 at 4:22 pm

Congratulations EmiLoca on your 2nd place finish! You still beat almost 40 others.------- It's no disgrace being number 2.

Written By: jreuben on 04/24/10 at 11:01 pm

Congratulations EmiLoca on your 2nd place finish! You still beat almost 40 others.------- It's no disgrace being number 2.

LOL...who was the bastard that finished #1?  Oh...that was Emiloca too :-)

Written By: EmiLoca on 04/26/10 at 5:00 pm

Aw, you guys. 

An undeserving, gracious thank you for the votes.  Like I said before, the best part was visiting and revisiting all your best stuff.  Seriously.  Y'all make me sick with envy, often and without remorse.

See you next year?  ;)     

Check for new replies or respond here...