inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bringing Idle Back?

Written By: EthanM on 03/13/10 at 10:14 am

Any interest in that? Last time, it was the first time to my knowledge that a contest not judged by the contestants reached completion, and it could certainly improve in another go-round. Especially a small budget can be invested into the contest in order to compensate judges and winners. But even if it has to all be for free, I'd be up for competing again and hopefully the competition could be opened up to everyone that hasn't written a song that was played on Dr. Demento. I'm sure plenty of others would be up to compete - the question is if there are three people willing and able to judge.

Subject: Re: Bringing Idle Back?

Written By: Matthias on 03/13/10 at 7:34 pm

I'm up for judging this time!

But I'm not feeling like writing for this again (See that Dave still has 4 or 3 more songs of mine to record)

Written By: agrimorfee on 03/13/10 at 10:37 pm

Due to my abbreviated personal freetime, I hereby forgo judging or participating.

Have fun!

Written By: Silver Power on 03/18/10 at 4:42 pm

I would love to judge. Like, it'd be so epic that words could hardly describe it.

PLEASE?  :D

Written By: Matthias on 03/18/10 at 5:37 pm

So we got 2 judges and 1 participant... I don't see this happening.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 03/18/10 at 6:13 pm

I might enter as a contestant... I have nowhere near enough time to judge due to school, spring cleaning, Pokemon SoulSilver.....

Written By: Below Average Dave on 03/18/10 at 6:42 pm

Due to school/work/the fact that my computer has all but gone completely out of commission. . .I will refrain from judging this time, and as for being a contestant, I don't know . . . I am a bit stretched out at the moment--but I will think on it.

Written By: Matthias on 08/09/10 at 2:51 pm

It's been a few months since this has been mention, but I'm still up for it if everyone else still is as well

Since many of us have won SOTM at least once during our days here, I don't think that we should regulate who gets to be a judge and who gets to be a contestant like last time.
I think if you wish to be a contestant and you have won or had a history of winning then it will be tougher to beat you and will make the rest of the contestants step up their game, which is a good thing. For example if Spaff wishes to enter (which is HIGHLY unlikely) the other contestants involved will have to work harder to beat Spaff.

As for me since I was a contestant last time I really want to be a judge this time just to try it out.

Written By: agrimorfee on 08/10/10 at 8:49 am

I think you would make an excellent judge, Matty.

Written By: Matthias on 08/10/10 at 2:14 pm

I think you would make an excellent judge, Matty.

Thanks Aggy, I think you would be an excellent contestant. Care to join?  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...