inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Artistry Round 74 (Lynyrd Skynyrd) Entry Thread (Deadline May 26th)

Written By: Below Average Dave on 05/10/10 at 10:59 pm

Simple Man

Free Bird

Sweet Home Alabama

That Smell

Call Me the Breeze

I Need You

Still Unbroken

Give Me Back My Bullets

Four Walls of Raiford

I Ain't the One

T for Texas

On the Hunt

Gimme Three Steps

Searching

All I Can Do is Write About It

I Know a Little

That Ain't My America

Subject: Re: Artistry Round 74 (Lynyrd Skynyrd) Entry Thread (Deadline May 24th)

Written By: Below Average Dave on 05/10/10 at 10:59 pm

http://www.amiright.com/parody/70s/lynyrdskynyrd54.shtml
Greek Gnomes Nude in Tampa

http://www.amiright.com/performances/items/performances_1236658458.shtml
Official Recording

Subject: Re: Artistry Round 74 (Lynyrd Skynyrd) Entry Thread (Deadline May 24th)

Written By: ThaConqueror on 05/11/10 at 12:12 am

I'm tempted to turn "Give Me Back My Bullets" into "Give Me Back My Sandwich". The problem with that idea is that the temptation is to make it involve a bum, and my last homeless-related parody kinda went down the toilet. I'll think of something, I'm sure of it.

Written By: Matthias on 05/11/10 at 2:57 am

Free Bird!

I call dibs on it, although that's probably going to hurt me because there's not that many lyrics at all in Free Bird although it's still a kick ass song!

"That Smell" also screams to be parodied... But I don't do Toilet Humor parodies, but seriously "The smell of gas around you" (Somebody has to do it!)

Written By: agrimorfee on 05/11/10 at 10:12 am

I'm tempted to turn "Give Me Back My Bullets" into "Give Me Back My Sandwich". The problem with that idea is that the temptation is to make it involve a bum, and my last homeless-related parody kinda went down the toilet. I'll think of something, I'm sure of it.

Direct that title onto someone being forced to take a weight reduction diet...

Written By: ThaConqueror on 05/11/10 at 6:01 pm

Direct that title onto someone being forced to take a weight reduction diet...

Oooh, that's a good one. The wheels in me head be turnin'...

Written By: DJ Blaze on 05/11/10 at 7:02 pm

HOLY CRAP I LOVE LYNYRD SKYNYRD!!! I'll try to do Swamp Music or Ballad Of Curtis Lowe.

Written By: ThaConqueror on 05/16/10 at 9:17 pm

"Gimme Back My Sammich" has been submitted and should be up tomorrow (or as close to tomorrow as the friggin' time zones will allow).

Written By: ThaConqueror on 05/17/10 at 6:02 pm

Whattya know, 'sammich' actually comes up in Google. Must be an interwebs thing. Anyway...

http://ui26.gamespot.com/313/stoledsammich_2.jpg

Gimme Back My Sammich

Written By: Rex on 05/19/10 at 8:40 pm

http://www.amiright.com/parody/70s/lynyrdskynyrd66.shtml

Written By: DJ Blaze on 05/20/10 at 10:05 am

Whattya know, 'sammich' actually comes up in Google. Must be an interwebs thing. Anyway...

http://ui26.gamespot.com/313/stoledsammich_2.jpg

Gimme Back My Sammich

LOL Bad Dudes.

Written By: agrimorfee on 05/22/10 at 12:11 am

You Can't Spell

http://www.amiright.com/parody/70s/lynrydskynyrd0.shtml

Written By: Matthias on 05/22/10 at 12:54 am

Well, I just finished my finals with As and Bs so this week has been busy for me... Not saying that I need an extension since I'm on summer break now, but if I can't get anything done for Sunday then maybe.... As for right now I think I'm going to take on one of Lynyrd's new country music just because it's going against the flow of what everyone is expecting from this round.

Written By: Matthias on 05/23/10 at 5:32 pm

I'm going to need a bit of an extension... A friend of mine passed away and I am really not in a funny mood right now because of that  :\'(

If you could extend it until Wednesday that would be great because I'm leaving on a two day trip tomorrow

Thank you guys

Written By: Below Average Dave on 05/23/10 at 6:04 pm

I'm going to need a bit of an extension... A friend of mine passed away and I am really not in a funny mood right now because of that  :\'(

If you could extend it until Wednesday that would be great because I'm leaving on a two day trip tomorrow

Thank you guys

I've extended deadlines for much less of a reason, good luck buddy, extension granted. . .new deadline is May 26th, I will still post the next artist tomorrow and the results of Elton tomorrow--but Lynyrd is extended. .the death of a friend is probably the most legitimate reason I've ever extended a deadline, I'm very sorry to hear that :(

Subject: Re: Artistry Round 74 (Lynyrd Skynyrd) Entry Thread (Deadline May 26th)

Written By: DJ Blaze on 05/23/10 at 6:52 pm

I couldn't get mine done in time. However, I wrote a Dschinghis Khan parody as a warm-up. If I can get my Sjynyrd parody done, I'll put it up before the vote is cast.

Subject: Re: Artistry Round 74 (Lynyrd Skynyrd) Entry Thread (Deadline May 26th)

Written By: Below Average Dave on 05/23/10 at 7:02 pm

I couldn't get mine done in time. However, I wrote a Dschinghis Khan parody as a warm-up. If I can get my Sjynyrd parody done, I'll put it up before the vote is cast.

the extension granted for Matthias, as all extensions, will apply to everyone, which means you also get until Wednesday now instead of Monday

Written By: DJ Blaze on 05/23/10 at 8:10 pm

the extension granted for Matthias, as all extensions, will apply to everyone, which means you also get until Wednesday now instead of Monday

Great!

Written By: Matthias on 05/24/10 at 2:51 pm

"Treat Stove's Paranoia"

http://uroboros.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/paranoia.jpg

http://www.amiright.com/parody/70s/lynyrdskynyrd45.shtml

Written By: Matthias on 05/29/10 at 10:43 am

Where's the voting thread for this? I only needed till Wednesday Dave... But thanks for the even longer extension

Written By: Below Average Dave on 05/30/10 at 7:00 pm

Where's the voting thread for this? I only needed till Wednesday Dave... But thanks for the even longer extension

Sorry I've been extremely Ill I'll try to post it tonight, I just haven't been able to stay awake for any length of time.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 05/30/10 at 8:46 pm

Sorry I've been extremely Ill I'll try to post it tonight, I just haven't been able to stay awake for any length of time.

Go ahead, I've slacked off and won't enter. I'm in a slump right now, even though I did a parody Monday.

Written By: Below Average Dave on 05/30/10 at 10:19 pm

I'll post it tomorrow morning, I'm coughing and hacking right this moment, and I just need to sleep--eyes are squinting to type this--Matt, if you want to post this for me go ahead, the voting deadline, as well as the next entry deadline, will be June 13th (no point in a week of overlap)

Written By: DJ Blaze on 05/31/10 at 8:18 am

I'll post it tomorrow morning, I'm coughing and hacking right this moment, and I just need to sleep--eyes are squinting to type this--Matt, if you want to post this for me go ahead, the voting deadline, as well as the next entry deadline, will be June 13th (no point in a week of overlap)

Crap, that coughing and hacking must suck. Hope you're not too sick.

Check for new replies or respond here...