inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Artistry Round 80 (Tears for Fears) Enter by 8/30/2010

Written By: Below Average Dave on 08/13/10 at 2:55 am

Elemental

Shout

Everybody Wants to Rule the World

Pale Shelter

Advice for the Young at Heart

Sowing the Seeds of Love

Woman in Chains

Head Over Heels

Closest Things to Heaven

Mad World

The Working Hour

Raoul and the Kings of Spain

Suffer Children

Memories Fade

Break it Down Again

Broken

Call Me Mellow

Falling Down

Listen

Pharohs

Mr. Pessimist

I Believe

Watch Me Bleed

Subject: Re: Artistry Round 80 (Tears for Fears) Enter by 8/26/2010

Written By: ThaConqueror on 08/13/10 at 3:20 am

I only know three of these songs (Mad World, Shout and Memories Fade), but it's gonna be fun. TFF are fun to sing, what with all them crazy inflections and stuff. Not quite as odd as Crash Test Dummies, but it's up there. And now it's thinking time!

Written By: agrimorfee on 08/13/10 at 8:21 am

http://www.amiright.com/parody/80s/tearsforfearsorgaryjules0.shtml

Mad Libs

"Shout" is one of my favorite songs of all time, so I hope to see some good stuff out of someone with that one.

Written By: Matthias on 08/13/10 at 8:35 am

"Mad World" is one of my favorite songs but fighting against Aggy is something that I don't really want to do because it would be tough to go against Agrimorfee's classic

I hope Red Ant comes and visits this one because "Woman in Chains" needs to be turned into a tribute to "Alice In Chains"

I guess I could go with a parody of "Everybody Wants To Rule The World" unless Rex decides to enter his Star Wars parody...

Or I'll go with a parody of "Shout" but I think everybody is going to parody "Shout"

Written By: agrimorfee on 08/13/10 at 8:44 am

I think the Beatlesque melodies and weird song structure of "Sowing The Seeds Of Love" would be right up your alley, Matthias.

Written By: Rex on 08/13/10 at 4:56 pm

I guess I could go with a parody of "Everybody Wants To Rule The World" unless Rex decides to enter his Star Wars parody...

Only if I don't come up with something better.

UPDATE: Waay to many things going on. I won't have time to write something new, so here's http://www.amiright.com/parody/80s/tearsforfears54.shtml.

(Part of what's going on is I'm creating and submitting games to two game design contests. Wish me luck!)

Written By: ThaConqueror on 08/14/10 at 1:06 am

Definitely gonna parody "Memories Fade". I perused the TFF performer page, and I found a bazillion "Shout" parodies and a bazillion "Mad World" parodies, but only one "Memories Fade", and all it did was replace nearly every noun and pronoun with "need", apparently because in the song "Head Over Heels" the line "don't break my heart" gets repeated a lot...anyone wanna try and comprehend that logic? Dunno what I'm gonna turn "Memories Fade" into, I just know I'm not gonna use my first idea (it involved a topic Matthias gets kinda tetchy over).

And accoriding to Firefox "bazillion" is a word. Don't remember adding that to the dictionary (though I did have to add "cyborg"...figure that one out)!

Written By: Below Average Dave on 08/14/10 at 1:30 am

Definitely gonna parody "Memories Fade". I perused the TFF performer page, and I found a bazillion "Shout" parodies and a bazillion "Mad World" parodies, but only one "Memories Fade", and all it did was replace nearly every noun and pronoun with "need", apparently because in the song "Head Over Heels" the line "don't break my heart" gets repeated a lot...anyone wanna try and comprehend that logic? Dunno what I'm gonna turn "Memories Fade" into, I just know I'm not gonna use my first idea (it involved a topic Matthias gets kinda tetchy over).

And accoriding to Firefox "bazillion" is a word. Don't remember adding that to the dictionary (though I did have to add "cyborg"...figure that one out)!

for the record, I don't care if you do a particular topic a million times if you do it funny. . .Matty is silly about drawing lines between similar ideas--even if those ideas do warrant their own parody.  You can write about being fat thousands of ways to thousands of different songs, and it'd still be funny if its done right and slightly different. . .

I have at least ten parodies which are either primarily or secondarily about weight--usually my own--and even more about food in general (though I'm not as fat as Chubilicious, Moobs or Bluberina would have you believe, I am unfortunately not small like Bigger Chest would have you believe either) and will probably write more in the future. . .because its a topic I'm intimately familiar with, therefore I'm good at it.  Similarly, DDR sneaks its way into my parodies, karaoke/singing, Mega Man, video games, theme parks, horror themes tend to get attention from me because they are personal hobbies. . .I do write crazy off the wall stuff but even they can usually be traced to a personal love or hobbie, so if Transformers, or whatever, leads you to a parody idea that you like, I wouldn't let an opinion throw out such idea--but then Transformers may appeal to less people. . .

Just remember Weird Al did Eat It, Fat, Addicted to Spuds, A Complicated Song, Girls Just Want to Have Lunch, Grapefruit Diet, Lasagna, Living in Your Fridge, My Bologna, Spam, Trapped in the Drive Thru, Waffle King, I Love Rocky Road and Cheese . . . just a thought:)

Written By: ThaConqueror on 08/14/10 at 2:19 am

Well, thanks for the kind words, Dave. Definite karma for you! I think after I take some headache tablets (my brain is stabbing itself and it's not fun) I'll get started on my first idea to see if I can make it work (for the record, it involves farting). And now I'm tempted to write a parody that I randomly came up today (it involves "Hold Me Now" by the Thompson Twins and things being shoved up where the sun don't shine). Just remember I have issues when it comes to doing things for other people's enjoyment (it involves me having Asperger's Syndrome).

Written By: Matthias on 08/14/10 at 10:06 pm

Just remember Weird Al did Eat It, Fat, Addicted to Spuds, A Complicated Song, Girls Just Want to Have Lunch, Grapefruit Diet, Lasagna, Living in Your Fridge, My Bologna, Spam, Trapped in the Drive Thru, Waffle King, I Love Rocky Road and Cheese . . . just a thought:)

For the record, Yes parts of "Complicated Song" were about eating way too much pizza and getting constipated but he also jokes about roller coaster rides and incest in that parody as well.

And what is Cheese? I don't remember hearing that one...

And Living In THE Fridge is about a roommate who kept food in there too long and it turned into mutated creature that should be a part of a science experiment

Written By: Christie Marie M on 08/14/10 at 10:17 pm

I'm thinking of converting "Sowing the Seeds Of Love" to "Queen of Hearts" when I get the chance.

Written By: ThaConqueror on 08/16/10 at 7:04 pm

Well, I did that parody, and unsurprisingly Matthias took issue with it. Eh, whatever:

The Fart Still Lingers

Couldn't be arsed finding a picture, I'm not in the mood.

Written By: Matthias on 08/16/10 at 7:15 pm

Well, I did that parody, and unsurprisingly Matthias took issue with it. Eh, whatever:

The Fart Still Lingers

Couldn't be arsed finding a picture, I'm not in the mood.

But I did like your Pee-Ammo Man  ;)

Written By: ThaConqueror on 08/16/10 at 7:55 pm

But I did like your Pee-Ammo Man  ;)

Ah, indeed you did. Don't expect to see it in the Billy Joel round, though.

Written By: scottim50 on 08/16/10 at 8:21 pm

North Korea Want To Rule The World - A parody of Everybody Wants To Rule The World

http://www.amiright.com/parody/80s/tearsforfears52.shtml
;D ;D :o :o

Written By: Matthias on 08/24/10 at 11:04 pm

I can't believe how difficult Tears For Fears is to parody, I'm going to need an extension on this one Dave....

Written By: Below Average Dave on 08/24/10 at 11:15 pm

I can't believe how difficult Tears For Fears is to parody, I'm going to need an extension on this one Dave....

Granted. . .I will extend it to. . .hmm Hows Monday??  Perhaps I can improve on my idea to Shout (Pout) because right now its looking . . .uh rushed. . .i had to finish two other parodies to inspire it. . .which will post tomorrow. . .

Subject: Re: Artistry Round 80 (Tears for Fears) Enter by 8/30/2010

Written By: Christie Marie M on 08/25/10 at 3:15 pm

An extension!! :) Thanks Dave, because I'm still working on mine too...and thanks, Matthias!

Written By: Matthias on 08/27/10 at 1:28 am

Got my parody done: http://www.amiright.com/parody/80s/tearsforfears57.shtml

"Sick Of Crummy Films From Hollywood"

http://wanderingminstrelsoothsayer.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/meet-the-spartans.jpg

Written By: Christie Marie M on 08/29/10 at 11:27 pm

"Won't Win With Queen of Hearts" to "Sowing the Seeds of Love" coming tomorrow (Monday) on AIR near you!

Got mine done today as well:
http://www.amiright.com/parody/80s/tearsforfears59.shtml

http://urbansuiteent.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/queen-of-hearts-71.jpg

http://beetlebabee.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/queen-of-hearts-1.jpg

Written By: Below Average Dave on 08/30/10 at 12:05 pm

Since no update was done today, naturally I'll extend this and the MJ thread to tomorrow

Written By: Matthias on 08/30/10 at 1:49 pm

Since no update was done today, naturally I'll extend this and the MJ thread to tomorrow

Not too sure what has happened to Chucky because he didn't update today or on Friday. Hopefully he'll be able to update the website on Tuesday.

Check for new replies or respond here...