inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: ABC 2010 (Y and Z) RESULTS POSTED

Written By: Below Average Dave on 11/30/10 at 7:17 pm

ABC 2010
(Y and Z)

Please note that the rule changes I suggested last year all passed, most of them unanimously, and the others by a wide margin.

- Any parody beginning with either of the current letters is eligible, except parodies that have been entered into any previous ABC competition
- You're not allowed to vote for your own parody
- Once you've posted a vote, you're not allowed to change it
- Anyone who's participated in any previous ABC contest may vote
- Any entrant who hasn't left a comment on all entries will forfeit all their points for that round

-All letters are to be combined into thirteen rounds (A/B, C/D, E/F etc) and numbers will go by their spelling (IE. "10 Candles" would qualify as a "T" entry being that ten is the spelling of 10).  Symbols will generally be ignored, and go by the remaining spelling instead (IE '**Love' would qualify as an L or '^#% 72' would qualify as an S) eliminating the need for the specialty round at the end of the competition.  In the event that symbols are clearly used to take the place of actual words, the word intended may be used (IE @$$hole can be used in A) and in the event that the name of a song is a symbol, the spelling of said symbol may be used (IE '*' would be asterisk-an A entry)  Articles do not count toward lettering

-3 week entry and voting periods

- 5 points for voting (only applicable to entrants who are required to vote) (also known as the Artistry rule, all those who vote and are in the round will have 5 points added to their score for that round)

-All Scores Count towards your totals for the tournament

-DQ's only dq the current round's score, in other words you will no longer have to sit out the next letter since you will always be forfeiting points when you don't vote (hence the 5 point bonus rule)

-Top entry for each letter (2 per round) makes the year end competition (Exception: if all entries in a given round are of the same letter, or no entry from either letter earned at least one point through voting, the top two overall for the round will be selected for the year end competition)

-No Extensions may be granted due to the length of the new voting periods (if you aren't positive you can vote in the last three days, you should vote early), late entries up until the first vote are at the mercy of whoever is currently hosting the ABC competition, this is not meant for strictness as much as time, 3 weeks is a lot of time, and extending past that messes up the dates and can cause ABCs to overlap into other contests who may have planned around it to avoid conflicts of deadlines

1. You Sucked My Neck When It Bleeded by Matthias
   Just What I Needed

2. You Know I'm Busting to Pee by The Conqueror of Parodies
   You See the Trouble With Me

3. You Ate That Muffin, Yech by Mark Scotti
   You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet

4. Zombie Nerds by Below Average Dave
   Stupid Girls

5. Zsa Zsa Gabor by Agrimorfee
   Der Komissar

6. Yikes in What Sat In by Guy DiRito
   Nights in White Satin

Subject: Re: ABC 2010 (Y and Z) Voting Thread (Deadline December 20th)

Written By: Matthias on 12/01/10 at 12:07 am

Getting my votes in early so I don't get DQed again! I did it twice already now I'm pissed!

5 Points: Below Average Zombie
4 Points: Mark's Muffin
3 Points: T-Cop's Gotta Pee
2 Points: Guy's gross seat
1 Point: Aggy... Sorry but who is she again?

Written By: agrimorfee on 12/06/10 at 8:01 am

5pts=Matthias
4pts=BAD
3pts=GUY
2pts=TCOP
1pt=Mark

Written By: scottim50 on 12/08/10 at 1:17 pm

5 points to You Sucked My Neck When It Bleeded by Matthias
4 points to Zombie Nerds by Below Average Dave
3 points to Yikes in What Sat In by Guy DiRito
2 points to You Know I'm Busting to Pee by The Conqueror of Parodies
1 point to Zsa Zsa Gabor by Agrimorfee

Written By: Below Average Dave on 12/20/10 at 11:29 am

11 hours, 31 minutes left to vote. . .I um kinda forgot about this one myself too--I'll be voting later, I have one parody left to read

Written By: Below Average Dave on 12/20/10 at 12:56 pm

1pt to Guy DiRito

2pt to Agrimorfee

3pt to The Conqueror of Parodies

4pt to Mark Scotti

5pt to Matthias

Written By: ThaConqueror on 12/20/10 at 6:49 pm

1 point to Agri
2 points to Guy
3 points to Mark
4 points to Dave
5 points to Matthias

Written By: DoRitos on 12/20/10 at 7:49 pm

Number 3  5 Points  Mark
Number 2  4 Points  COP
Number 5  3 Points  Agri
Number 4  2 Points  BAD
Number 1  1 Point  Matt

Written By: Below Average Dave on 12/20/10 at 8:45 pm

Y and Z results I know that there are still 2 hours to vote, but no one is reviewing, and frankly. . .I can't stay up tonight (This is the last round, you all know I'm a stickler for rules 99.9% of the time, OK maybe 80% . . .yeah anyway)

Congrats Matty and Mark, thank you everyone for 2nd

1. Matthias (26) <<Y Winner
2. Below Average Dave (24) <<Z Winner
3. Mark Scotti (22)

4. The Conqueror of Parodies (19)
5. Guy DiRito (16)
6. Agrimorfee (13)

Subject: Re: ABC 2010 (Y and Z) RESULTS POSTED

Written By: DoRitos on 12/21/10 at 5:13 am

My most sincere congratulations to Matt, BAD and Mark.  I share your joy.  Great parodies all.  What has been really special about this round is the fact that I was able to vote for all who entered.  I didn't have to decide who would not get a vote.  This is a good thing.  Great work all.  And special thanks to BAD for running this and for Matt filling in for Dave when it has been needed as moderator.  Merry Christmas to you all and all my fellow writers on amiright.  God Bless all!

Check for new replies or respond here...