inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Genre Hero Round 3 is in the works

Written By: DJ Blaze on 12/20/10 at 6:58 pm

I want to get back into parody writing, so I'm gonna kick off next year with the next round of Genre Hero. I'm thinking maybe 00s power metal or 80s pop....

Subject: Re: Genre Hero Round 3 is in the works

Written By: Below Average Dave on 01/11/11 at 8:50 pm

I don't see much interest being shown in this, but I'm going to give it until the end of this month as a 'sticky' topic, I will say if at least 5 people (With DJ Blaze being 1) show interest, I will tip my hat in so long as the voting is for a typical "5" "4" "3" etc. . .I wasn't in the other one so I know little about it. . .I have more interest in 80s pop than 00s Power Metal. . .but I'm open minded

Written By: Blaydeman on 01/11/11 at 10:10 pm

I'm up for any contest! I thrive on competition for self-improvement.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/13/11 at 9:53 am

I don't see much interest being shown in this, but I'm going to give it until the end of this month as a 'sticky' topic, I will say if at least 5 people (With DJ Blaze being 1) show interest, I will tip my hat in so long as the voting is for a typical "5" "4" "3" etc. . .I wasn't in the other one so I know little about it. . .I have more interest in 80s pop than 00s Power Metal. . .but I'm open minded

Thanks, and due to others' interests, 80s Pop will be the next round.

Written By: Matthias on 01/13/11 at 10:15 am

Thanks, and due to others' interests, 80s Pop will be the next round.

Are you going to make a page for it? And who counts as 80s pop? Like Michael Jackson and Madonna?

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/15/11 at 10:38 am

Are you going to make a page for it? And who counts as 80s pop? Like Michael Jackson and Madonna?

I will make a page for it February 1st. And yes, basically any pop artists from the 80s, but limited to songs they did in the 80s. (So you couldn't choose Madonna's "4 Minutes" or anything from the Hard Candy album, only her albums from the 80s.) I'll probably do Rick Astley...

Written By: Matthias on 01/15/11 at 10:58 am

I will make a page for it February 1st. And yes, basically any pop artists from the 80s, but limited to songs they did in the 80s. (So you couldn't choose Madonna's "4 Minutes" or anything from the Hard Candy album, only her albums from the 80s.) I'll probably do Rick Astley...

I also want to do Rick Astley lol

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/15/11 at 7:10 pm

I also want to do Rick Astley lol

I may even do a song that isn't Never Gonna Give You Up...

Written By: Matthias on 01/15/11 at 7:31 pm

I may even do a song that isn't Never Gonna Give You Up...

Well, Then I call dibs on "Never Gonna Give You Up" lol

Written By: Below Average Dave on 01/15/11 at 7:43 pm

Can someone explain this contest to me, I'm really unfamiliar with how this works

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/15/11 at 9:03 pm

Can someone explain this contest to me, I'm really unfamiliar with how this works

Pick a song from a musical genre and decade (80s pop for this one), and parody it. (You can use a pre-written parody.) Voting is just like SOTM/ABC/Artistry.

Written By: Matthias on 02/03/11 at 4:03 pm

So DJ are you going to post this or what?

Written By: DJ Blaze on 02/09/11 at 9:05 pm

So DJ are you going to post this or what?

Maybe on the weekend, I've been pretty busy in school lately.

Check for new replies or respond here...