inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Song of the Tournament Voting RESULTS POSTED

Written By: Below Average Dave on 12/20/10 at 9:23 pm

Vote for your top ten (1st gets 10, 2nd 9 and so on)
Bonus ten points for all songs by each person who does vote
Not voting will not penalize a person except that they cannot win this particular contest if they do not vote.
You cannot vote for your own song
Please Comment and Vote by January 14th

1. Al Gore Has Told Me (Global Warming) by Matthias
   Somebody Told Me

2. Bluberina by Below Average Dave
   Macarena

3. C is for Cookie by Matthias
   Nookie

4. Ditchin My Bride by Below Average Dave
   Hitchin' A Ride

5. Enter Sandwich by Matthias
   Enter Sandman

6. Eyewitness Account About the Party at Tony's House on the Sunset Strip by Agrimorfee
   Squeeze Me Macaroni

7. For Your Next Arraignment by Below Average Dave
   For Your Entertainment

8. Getting Down to the Wire by Below Average Dave
   We Didn't Start the Fire

9. Having a Contraction by Christie Marie M
   Losing My Religion

10. In France by Christie Marie M
     Just Dance

11. Jesus He Owes Me by Matthias
     Jesus He Knows Me

12. Kill the Zombies by Matthias
     R U Ready

13. Like a Slayer by Christie Marie M
     Like a Prayer

14. Medical Cure All by The Conqueror of Parodies
     Orinoco Flow

15. Neat Freak by Matthias
     One Week

16. Nuns'll Getcha by Guy DiRito
     Come Together

17. (Nursed by a) Psycho Fan by Christie Marie M
     Bad Romance

18. Off the Air by Dj Blaze
     Take You There

19. Profile: A Macho Ignoramous by Jeff Reuben
     Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous

20. Rad Bromance by Agrimorfee
     Bad Romance

21. Rhymezone's For by Below Average Dave
     Hardware Store

22. Sister's Underwear by Guy DiRito
     Sister Golden Hair

23. Turn the Volume Down by Agrimorfee
     Turn the Beat Around

24. Up Past My Ankles by Matthias
     Lips of an Angel

25. Veruca S by Agrimorfee
     Luka

26. Watch for Chucky by Below Average Dave
     Paparazzi

27. The Wrecks of the Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald by Agrimorfee
     The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald

28. You Sucked My Neck When it Bleeded by Matthias
     Just What I Needed

29. Zombie Nerds by Below Average Dave
     Stupid Girls

**Please Note I am suggesting two rule changes for next year. . .both of which will be up for voting in the A round. . .
  I'd like to suggest the year end song of the tournament entries are based on the top 2 songs, regardless of letter, for each round (to discourage people from entering something just because they'll have less competition-and that way everyone picks their best song)

and

I'd also like to suggest a rule change that puts the voting period back to 2 weeks instead of 3 so that it doesn't drag out all year. . .

A/B will be a three week voting period, per current rules, and also per current rules, these changes won't be up for voting until the A/B competition--I'm simply putting the idea out there, I did note a few times where people may have hurt their Author of the Tournament standings by picking a song from the harder letter, I don't have a problem with that nor should anyone else, but I also think that changing this rule will help make sure people pick by what they have that is their best entry for either letter rather than picking the letter where competition is lighter. . .

Subject: Re: Song of the Tournament Voting (Anyone ever involved in ABC welcome) Vote by 1/14

Written By: Matthias on 12/20/10 at 10:29 pm

I agree with your 2nd rule change but not your first. I like winning just because there's no competition, It's a loophole I look forward to all round  ;)

Subject: Re: Song of the Tournament Voting (Anyone ever involved in ABC welcome) Vote by 1/14

Written By: Matthias on 12/20/10 at 11:03 pm

Note: I would also be up for a rule change that the moderator should send out PMs to the contestants that the deadline is approaching. Although a 2 week voting period might make things easier on all of us.

Written By: Below Average Dave on 12/20/10 at 11:13 pm

Note: I would also be up for a rule change that the moderator should send out PMs to the contestants that the deadline is approaching. Although a 2 week voting period might make things easier on all of us.

You can put in for that rule change, but just so you know I will oppose it and probably resign as moderator of this contest if it is passed not because of anything personal, but because I do not have the time to check on everyone else meeting their deadlines anymore than teachers have time to remind you or I of papers that we haven't turned in when they are coming up.

Written By: Matthias on 12/21/10 at 11:46 pm

Well, Damn, If I can't vote myself this makes life a lot more difficult...

1 Points. "Rad Bromance": Agrimorfee
2 Points. "Getting Down To The Wire": Below Average Dave
3 Points. "Like A Slayer": Christie Marie M
4 Points. "Off The Air: DJ Blaze
5 Points. "Turn The Volume Down": Agrimorfee
6 Points. "Ditchin' My Bride": Below Average Dave
7 Points. "In France": Christie Marie M
8 Points. "Medical Cure All": Conqueror of Parodies
9 Points. "Profile: A Macho Ignoramus": Jeff Reuben
10 Points. "Eyewitness Account About the Party at Tony's House on the Sunset Strip": Agrimorfee

Written By: agrimorfee on 12/25/10 at 9:17 pm

Whoa Matty, thanks for the votes here! Karma coming to you.

I for one am a proponent of 3 week voting periods...it staggers itself away from the other ongoing contests and your subrule of no extensions kept most people in check.

My votes:
1pts=Bluberina
2pts=Profile: A Macho Ignoramus
3pts=Medical Cureall
4pts=In France
5pts=C Is For Cookie
6pts=Rhymezone's For
7pts=Nuns'll Getcha
8pts=Having A Contraction
9pts=Up To My Ankles
10pts=Getting Down To The Wire

Written By: Below Average Dave on 12/29/10 at 9:22 pm

Whoa Matty, thanks for the votes here! Karma coming to you.

I for one am a proponent of 3 week voting periods...it staggers itself away from the other ongoing contests and your subrule of no extensions kept most people in check.

My votes:
1pts=Bluberina
2pts=Profile: A Macho Ignoramus
3pts=Medical Cureall
4pts=In France
5pts=C Is For Cookie
6pts=Rhymezone's For
7pts=Nuns'll Getcha
8pts=Having A Contraction
9pts=Up To My Ankles
10pts=Getting Down To The Wire

The second idea is getting mixed opinions from personal contacts as well. . .and I myself am unsure on it, so I may not suggest it, though if someone else does I'll leave it up for voting come next set. . .

The first rule I'm definitely suggesting though as I feel a little more strongly about that one. . .Karma to you!

Written By: agrimorfee on 01/06/11 at 10:17 pm

HEY PEOPLE ...BUMP! !!!

Written By: Below Average Dave on 01/10/11 at 5:14 pm

1 Point to In France by Christie Marie M

2 Points to Al Gore Has Told Me by Matthias

3 Points to Enter Sandwich by Matthias

4 Points to Having a Contraction by Christie Marie M

5 Points to C is for Cookie by Matthias

6 Points to Medical Cure All by The Conqueror of Parodies

7 Points to Up Past My Ankles by Matthias

8 Points to Profile: A Macho Ignoramous by Jeff Reuben

9 Points to Neat Freak by Matthias

10 Points to Rad Bromance by Agrimorfee

Written By: Below Average Dave on 01/11/11 at 8:53 pm

At this point only 19 of the 29 entries are represented by votes (the three people with the most entries that took a letter, ironically, are also the first three to vote)  but that means that the entrants for 10 letters HAVE NOT voted. . .while voting IS optional I have to remind people that not voting means your entries cannot win the Song of the Tournament vote either. . .if anyone wants an extension please let me know

Written By: jreuben on 01/11/11 at 9:05 pm

I'm planning on voting in the next day or two, just need to catch some of the songs I missed.  That's before the deadline, right?  :)

Written By: Below Average Dave on 01/11/11 at 9:42 pm

I'm planning on voting in the next day or two, just need to catch some of the songs I missed.  That's before the deadline, right?   :)

Yes it is, but if its not enough time, let me know, I'm never really in a hurry on "end of the year" type contests

Written By: Christie Marie M on 01/11/11 at 10:07 pm

HEY PEOPLE ...BUMP! !!!

Imma bump this thread right now. So many songs, so little time. Wow, after v/c-ing all those songs, it felt like forever! OK, time to vote.

10 Points: Zombie Nerds
9 Points: The Wrecks Of TWOTEF
8 Points: Rhymezone's For                          
7 Points: Watch For Chucky
6 Points: Kill The Zombies
5 Points: Off The Air
4 Points: For Your Next Arraignment
3 Points: Nuns'll Get Ya
2 Points: Medical Cure All
1 Point:  Al Gore Has Told Me

Even with all those killer parodies for this tournament, I still found it harder to vote!  :o

Written By: ThaConqueror on 01/12/11 at 7:31 pm

I'm a bit confused. Is it necessary to comment again for parodies I've already read for the previous rounds, or is it not? It seems not to be because out of the four people who have voted, only one has commented on my parody specifically for the Song of the Tournament (Christie), with the other three having previously commented on it for the ABC round it was in. What exactly is required, commenting-wise? I need to know before I do something wrong...

Written By: Matthias on 01/12/11 at 10:53 pm

I'm a bit confused. Is it necessary to comment again for parodies I've already read for the previous rounds, or is it not? It seems not to be because out of the four people who have voted, only one has commented on my parody specifically for the Song of the Tournament (Christie), with the other three having previously commented on it for the ABC round it was in. What exactly is required, commenting-wise? I need to know before I do something wrong...

I don't think you need to read them again. I know I didn't.

Written By: ThaConqueror on 01/13/11 at 12:13 am

I don't think you need to read them again. I know I didn't.

Oh, okay. In that case...

1 point to Ditchin' My Bride
2 points to C is for Cookie
3 points to Nuns'll Getcha
4 points to Watch for Chucky
5 points to (Nursed by a) Psycho Fan
6 points to The Wrecks of the Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald
7 points to Kill The Zombies
8 points to Profile: A Macho Ignoramus
9 points to In France
10 points to Rad Bromance

Wow, Lady Gaga got a fair showing, didn't she? Can't believe I still haven't parodies any of her stuff. Oh well, maybe someday I'll get to it (like I'll get to finishing the Epic 40, Decepticon Idiot, and the Big 7 About Harry Potter, ie not for a while as I have severe motivation problems...).

Written By: Below Average Dave on 01/15/11 at 2:28 am

I am doing an unasked extension for this one because I know Jeff wanted to vote--I will give until the 20th, at which points barring any additional requests, the actual results will be posted. . .as of right now, just ten points (one vote) separates 12th from 1st, and just 20 points (two votes) separates 24th from 1st. . .that means the entire field is realistically still in this. . .SO VOTE!!!  You cannot have the song of the tournament if you don't. . .

Written By: jreuben on 01/15/11 at 5:48 am

I am doing an unasked extension for this one because I know Jeff wanted to vote--I will give until the 20th, at which points barring any additional requests, the actual results will be posted. . .as of right now, just ten points (one vote) separates 12th from 1st, and just 20 points (two votes) separates 24th from 1st. . .that means the entire field is realistically still in this. . .SO VOTE!!!  You cannot have the song of the tournament if you don't. . .

Thanks...sorry for the delay.  I'll have my votes over this weekend.

Subject: Re: Song of the Tournament Voting (Anyone ever involved in ABC welcome) Vote by 1/20

Written By: jreuben on 01/16/11 at 4:19 pm

10 pts:  Rad Bromance
9 pts:  Having A Contraction
8 pts:  Medical Cure All
7 pts:  Up Past My Ankles
6 pts:  Getting Down To The Wire
5 pts: Off The Air
4 pts:  C Is For Cookie
3 pts:  Neat Freak
2 pts:  Sucked My Neck When It Bleeded
1 pt:  Zombie Nerds

Subject: Re: Song of the Tournament Voting (Anyone ever involved in ABC welcome) Vote by 1/20

Written By: agrimorfee on 01/16/11 at 11:15 pm

Karmel Jeff &  TCOP!

Written By: scottim50 on 01/20/11 at 2:25 pm

1 is Nuns'll Getcha by Guy DiRito
2 is (Nursed by a) Psycho Fan by Christie Marie M
3 is Profile: A Macho Ignoramous by Jeff Reuben
4 is Bluberina by Below Average Dave
5 is Sister's Underwear by Guy DiRito
6 is Ditchin My Bride by Below Average Dave
7 is Rad Bromance by Agrimorfee
8 is C is for Cookie by Matthias
9 is Off the Air by Dj Blaze
10 is Zombie Nerds by Below Average Dave

GREAT JOB BY ALL!!!

Written By: Below Average Dave on 01/20/11 at 5:06 pm

approximately 6 hours left for voting, if no extension is requested I will finalize the results as of Midnight, there are still some earned entries that have not voted, so if any of those people want to vote (or really anyone entrant or not) but needs more time let me know:)  Thank you!

Subject: Re: Song of the Tournament Voting (Anyone ever involved in ABC welcome) Vote by 1/24

Written By: Below Average Dave on 01/20/11 at 9:39 pm

I have received an extension request for Monday, so it is now open until Monday

Subject: Re: Song of the Tournament Voting (Anyone ever involved in ABC welcome) Vote by 1/24

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/23/11 at 1:40 pm

10 points: The Wrecks Of The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald
9 points: Rad Bromance
8 points: Nuns'll Getcha
7 points: Neat Freak
6 points: C Is For Cookie
5 points: Eyewitness Account About the Party at Tony's House on the Sunset Strip
4 points: Nursed By A Psycho Fan
3 points: Rhymezone's For
2 points: Getting Down To The Wire
1 point: Kill The Zombies

Written By: agrimorfee on 01/24/11 at 8:54 pm

Wishing i could karma ya 2x there, DJ!

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/24/11 at 9:09 pm

Wishing i could karma ya 2x there, DJ!

No prob, you did an awesome job this year.

Written By: Below Average Dave on 01/25/11 at 10:42 pm

1. Rad Bromance by Agrimorfee (54)
2. Profile: A Macho Ignoramous by Jeff Reuben(45)
3. Medical Cure All by The Conqueror of Parodies(37)

4. C is for Cookie by Matthias (35)
4. The Wrecks of the Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald by Agrimorfee(35)
6. Up Past My Ankles by Matthias (33)
7. In France by Christie Marie M(31)
7. Having a Contraction by Christie Marie M (31)
7. Nuns'll Getcha by Guy DiRito (31)
10. Getting Down to the Wire by Below Average Dave (30)
11. Neat Freak by Matthias (29)
12. Nursed by a Psycho Fan by Christie Marie M (28)
13. Rhymezone's For by Below Average Dave (27)
14. Off the Air by DJ Blaze(26)
15. Eyewitness Account About the Party at Tony's House on the Sunset Strip by Agrimorfee (25)
16. Kill the Zombies by Matthias(24)
17. Zombie Nerds by Below Average Dave (22)
17. Ditchin My Bride by Below Average Dave (22)
19. Watch for Chucky by Below Average Dave (21)
20. Bluberina by Below Average Dave(18)
21. Turn the Volume Down by Agrimorfee(15)
22. For Your Next Arraignment by Below Average Dave (14)
23. Enter Sandwich by Matthias (13)
23. Al Gore Has Told Me (Global Warming) by Matthias  (13)
23. Like a Slayer by Christie Marie M (13)
26. You Sucked My Neck When It Bleeded by Matthias  (12)
27. Jesus He Owes Me by Matthias (10)
27. Veruca S by Agrimorfee (10)
29. Sister's Underwear by Guy DiRito (6)

Subject: Re: Song of the Tournament Voting RESULTS POSTED

Written By: Below Average Dave on 01/25/11 at 10:43 pm

The 2011 Series will begin Monday the 31st!

Written By: ThaConqueror on 01/25/11 at 11:54 pm

Third? Wasn't expecting that. Congrats to Agri and Jeff!

Written By: agrimorfee on 01/26/11 at 6:25 am

Thank you one and all. I am honored.

Written By: Christie Marie M on 01/29/11 at 7:20 am

Congrats to Agri, Jeff, and Parody Conqueror!!  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...