inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Song of the Month 2010 WildCard Round

Written By: Below Average Dave on 02/03/11 at 9:58 pm

Please enter by February 10th

Anyone who entered at least one round in the 2010 SOTM series, but did not win a gold, nor any two 2nd or 3rd place finishes may enter

Here's a complete list of qualified contestants

The Conqueror of Parodies
Arwen
Christie Marie M
DJ Blaze
MysteryGoat
Blaydeman
Warren Baker
Andria
Claude Prez
Phil Alexander
Mike J
Charnstar
Bilbopooh
Red Ant
SamuraiMaster
Chris Bodily TM
Nala Butt
Medemia
Max Power

These contestants may enter any song that was submitted to AmIRight during 2010, whether or not it was previously entered in an SOTM

Subject: Re: Song of the Month 2010 WildCard Round

Written By: ThaConqueror on 02/03/11 at 10:54 pm

Well, this one's easy. The only parody I did in 2010 that wasn't in any contest, and also didn't get any comments OR votes:

Dilemma

Vid for "Dilemma" by Nelly ft. Kelly Rowland

Now that's a wild card (disregarding it's Epic 40 status), am I right?

Written By: Blaydeman on 02/03/11 at 11:52 pm

Dear Wildcard, You're mine LOL! Here's my entry.

Shark Week
http://www.amiright.com/parody/90s/barenakedladies54.shtml

Parody of "One Week" by The Bare Naked Ladies
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC_q9KPczAg

http://goodbadandugly2.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/shark-week.jpg

Written By: Below Average Dave on 02/14/11 at 3:29 am

Because there were only two entrants, this years SOTM Wildcard is going to have to be canceled, the Song of the Year tournament will still take place in March as usual. . .I apologize to the two entrants who did join as I feel its a bit unfair that there will be no round, but alas, the wildcard round was initiated in a year where the site's contests were new and at they're peak in participation. . .so its not terribly surprising, still disappointing. . .I am going to suggest that the wildcard round be permanently eliminated. . .

Any opinions on this from participants??

Written By: jreuben on 02/14/11 at 9:12 am

Since there was a WildCard Round this year (even though there were only two entries), I would put these two entries into the SOTY tournament.  Adds interest and votes.  I don't think Conq or Blaydeman should be penalized for others lack of interest and technically, they do finish on the podium for the Wildcard round, even if by default  :)

I have no problem canceling the WildCard for next year, or at the very least, announcing a minimum number of participants that must be met.

Written By: ThaConqueror on 02/14/11 at 3:07 pm

http://images1.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/4157924/I-have-no-strong-feelings-one-way-or-the-other.jpg?imageSize=Large&generatorName=Neutral

Written By: Below Average Dave on 02/14/11 at 3:36 pm

Since there was a WildCard Round this year (even though there were only two entries), I would put these two entries into the SOTY tournament.  Adds interest and votes.  I don't think Conq or Blaydeman should be penalized for others lack of interest and technically, they do finish on the podium for the Wildcard round, even if by default  :)

I have no problem canceling the WildCard for next year, or at the very least, announcing a minimum number of participants that must be met.

I agree--I'll include both entries. . .as for next year, I vote to cancel it personally, it has now been canceled two of three years

Check for new replies or respond here...