inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: ABC 2011 (A and B) RESULTS POSTED

Written By: Below Average Dave on 03/07/11 at 11:24 am

A and B

- Any parody beginning with either of the current letters is eligible, except parodies that have been entered into any previous ABC competition
- You're not allowed to vote for your own parody
- Once you've posted a vote, you're not allowed to change it
- Anyone who's participated in any previous ABC contest may vote
- Any entrant who hasn't left a comment on all entries will forfeit all their points for that round

-All letters are to be combined into thirteen rounds (A/B, C/D, E/F etc) and numbers will go by their spelling (IE. "10 Candles" would qualify as a "T" entry being that ten is the spelling of 10).  Symbols will generally be ignored, and go by the remaining spelling instead (IE '**Love' would qualify as an L or '^#% 72' would qualify as an S) eliminating the need for the specialty round at the end of the competition.  In the event that symbols are clearly used to take the place of actual words, the word intended may be used (IE @$$hole can be used in A) and in the event that the name of a song is a symbol, the spelling of said symbol may be used (IE '*' would be asterisk-an A entry)  Articles do not count toward lettering

-3 week entry and voting periods

- 5 points for voting (only applicable to entrants who are required to vote) (also known as the Artistry rule, all those who vote and are in the round will have 5 points added to their score for that round)

-All Scores Count towards your totals for the tournament

-DQ's only dq the current round's score, in other words you will no longer have to sit out the next letter since you will always be forfeiting points when you don't vote (hence the 5 point bonus rule)

-Top entry for each letter (2 per round) makes the year end competition (Exception: if all entries in a given round are of the same letter, or no entry from either letter earned at least one point through voting, the top two overall for the round will be selected for the year end competition)

-No Extensions may be granted due to the length of the new voting periods (if you aren't positive you can vote in the last three days, you should vote early), late entries up until the first vote are at the mercy of whoever is currently hosting the ABC competition, this is not meant for strictness as much as time, 3 weeks is a lot of time, and extending past that messes up the dates and can cause ABCs to overlap into other contests who may have planned around it to avoid conflicts of deadlines

Rule Changes up for Voting
Rule Change A:  The first and Second place entries make the end of tournament competition instead of the winner of individual letters
   For: 4 (Blaydeman, TCOP, Matthias, BAD)
   Against: 0 ()

Rule Change B: Reduce to two week voting periods
   For: 3 (Blaydeman, Matthias, BAD)
   Against: 2 (TCOP, Agrimorfee)

**NOTE: Voters who made a preliminary decision, you MAY change your vote ONLY ON THE RULE CHANGES in this thread up until the 28th, also non entrants may vote on the Rule Change without voting in the round

1. A.I. by Blaydeman
   E.I. by Nelly

2. Bored Ass Man by The Conqueror of Parodies
   Candyman

3. Allergic by Matthias
   Addicted

4. Belts by Mark Scotti
   Help

5. Bug Bites by DJ Blaze
   Love Bites

6. Butterface by Abbott Skelding
   Poker Face

7. Alejandro by Below Average Dave
   Alejandro

8. Blind Side on This Write by Agrimorfee
   Blinded by This Write

Subject: Re: ABC 2011 (A and B) Vote by 3/28/2011

Written By: Blaydeman on 03/07/11 at 12:17 pm

1. I've seen the Blind Side of Aggy (5pts)
2. Butterface Abbott (4pts)
3. Itchy and DJ Blaze (3pts)
4. Perfecto Dave (2pts)
5. Matthias Allergies (1pt)

Written By: agrimorfee on 03/07/11 at 8:57 pm

I dont know if it makes a difference to Matthias, Dave, but you did mistitle the link to his OS.

I abstain on Rule Change A...it doesnt make a difference to me.
I vote against Rule Change B.

Written By: Matthias on 03/08/11 at 12:39 am

I dont know if it makes a difference to Matthias, Dave, but you did mistitle the link to his OS.

I abstain on Rule Change A...it doesnt make a difference to me.
I vote against Rule Change B.

Yeah Dave, It's that other Simple Plan song: "Addicted" but I honestly don't care.

Written By: Below Average Dave on 03/08/11 at 10:18 am

Yeah Dave, It's that other Simple Plan song: "Addicted" but I honestly don't care.

Oops--fixed. . .I love both those songs--but they are the only two I know by them :)

Written By: WeirdAbbott on 03/08/11 at 1:27 pm

Really hard to judge this one, great work everyone!

5 pts- Allergic
4 pts- Alejandro
3 pts- Bored Ass Man
2 pts- Blind Side on This Write
1 pt- Belts

Written By: Matthias on 03/08/11 at 3:34 pm

Really hard to judge this one, great work everyone!

5 pts- Allergic
4 pts- Alejandro
3 pts- Bored Ass Man
2 pts- Blind Side on This Write
1 pt- Belts

Thanks Bro-Ski!

Written By: agrimorfee on 03/09/11 at 7:59 am

One definitely went for 5pts...the rest were hard to determine and cut down, sorry but I can only do 4 more.

5pts=BAD
4pts=DJ Blaze
3pts=Conqueror
2pts=Mark Scotti
1pt=Blaydeman

Written By: Below Average Dave on 03/09/11 at 9:32 am

That's a mighty compliment Agrimorfee--Thank you!

Written By: scottim50 on 03/11/11 at 1:18 pm

5 points to Butterface by Abbott Skelding
4 points to Allergic by Matthias
3 points to Blind Side on This Write by Agrimorfee
2 points to Alejandro by Below Average Dave
1 point to Bug Bites by DJ Blaze
:D :D :D

Written By: Below Average Dave on 03/16/11 at 2:18 pm

1 Point to DJ Blaze

2 Points to Abbott Skelding

3 Points to Matthias

4 Points to Blaydeman

5 Points to Agrimorfee

Written By: DJ Blaze on 03/26/11 at 6:11 pm

I may or may not vote on this, seeing as I've pretty much retired from parody writing.... but I won't ask for an extension or anything.

Written By: ThaConqueror on 03/27/11 at 1:20 am

1 point to Blaydeman
2 points to Matthias
3 points to Agri
4 points to Dave
5 points to Abbott

Written By: Below Average Dave on 03/29/11 at 3:46 pm

1st Agrimorfee with 27 Points
1st Below Average Dave with 27 Points

3rd Abbott Skelding with 22 Points

4th Matthias with 20 Points

5th The Conqueror of Parodies with 14 Points

6th Blaydeman with 13 Points

7th Mark Scotti with 8 Points

8th DJ Blaze with 0 Points  (DQ-forfeit 14 Points)

Congrats to Agrimorfee and thank you to everyone who voted for my own Alejandro to vote them as the top songs of the first round--fittingly with two songs always getting entry--the first song is actually two songs!  Anyhow. . .

Congrats also to Abbott on a well earned third place finish.

See you all in C/D, both rule changes did pass, albeit the second one not by flying colors, but passed none the less

Written By: Matthias on 03/29/11 at 4:42 pm

The results are in . . .two dq's unfortunately. . .but nonetheless here goes.

1st Agrimorfee with 23 Points

2nd Below Average Dave with 22 Points

3rd Abbott Skelding with 21 Points

4th The Conqueror of Parodies with 11 Points
4th Blaydeman with 11 Points

6th Mark Scotti with 8 Points

7th Matthias with 0 Points (DQ-forfeit 20 Points)
7th DJ Blaze with 0 Points  (DQ-forfeit 14 Points)

The two dq votes, considering the difference between the top three and would be fourth spot, would have likely made things different, who knows which of the four would have ended up in 1st, 2nd or 3rd but as is.

CONGRATS to Agrimorfee on winning the first round of 2011, and my own Alejandro gets the second entry into the end of the year contest.

Congrats also to Abbott on a well earned third place finish.

See you all in C/D, both rule changes did pass, albeit the second one not by flying colors, but passed none the less

I voted! What the f*ck?! I know I did! Where did it go? There must have been an error

This is what I voted...

5 Points: Below Average Dave
4 Points: Agrimorfee
3 Points: Conqueror of Parodies
2 Points: Blaydeman
1 Point: Abbott

Subject: Re: ABC 2011 (A and B) RESULTS POSTED

Written By: Below Average Dave on 03/29/11 at 5:08 pm

Alright Matty, I will give you the benefit of the doubt considering you did talk to me about voting yesterday during the day. . .I'll chalk it up to a posting error. . .not to mention since the two week voting period ended, the rule that had a no-exception policy (a controversial rule that many didn't like) automatically expired--it was based on a three week policy and was listed (is above) as part of its reasoning--thus that rule is gone. . .still I plan to grant few if any extensions--but in this case since it doesn't change the quantitative results and because I know your results first hand, I'll accept posting error as a legitimate reason and accept your vote.

Subject: Re: ABC 2011 (A and B) RESULTS POSTED

Written By: agrimorfee on 03/29/11 at 7:08 pm

Great round...there was no clearcut winner until tabulation, which was cool...not to mention tying with BAD, which was well-deserved. I will miss the 3 Week voting periods..

Ready for my next podium seat!

Check for new replies or respond here...