inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 2011 SOTM Parody Author Of The Year

Written By: jreuben on 02/01/12 at 10:25 pm

In the first seven years, three artists have won this award.  In 2011, we add a new name to the list:

MATTHIAS
is the 2011 Amiright SOTM Parody Author of the Year!

Matthias joins Spaff, Kristof Robertson, and some other hack (Jeff Reuben) of SOTM winners with most of his 11 parodies this year finishing on the podium.  I've had the privilege of watching Matthias' writing grow and evolve over the years.  Congrats Matty, you had a great year and you earned it.

Congrats to Weird Abbott Skelding and Blaydeman for rounding out the podium this year.

A congrats to Blaydeman and Conqueror of Parodies for perfect attendance, getting points in all 12 months.  Conqueror hasn't missed a month in at least two years.

The final standings (top 7 scores for the year are counted):

1st Place:  Matthias:  174
2nd Place:  Weird Abbott Skelding:  152
3rd Place:  Blaydeman:  130

Conqueror of Parodies:  120
Jeff Reuben:  72
Wild Child JIN:  66
Porfle Popnecker:  58
Below Average Dave:  55
2nz:  49
Samurai Master:  32
Chris Bodily TM:  31
Mark Scotti:  29
Christie Marie M:  27
Arwen:  20
Ethan Mawyer:  15
Peter Andersson:  13
Max Power:  13
D-Mon:  12

I'll get the SOTY thread up tomorrow.

Subject: Re: 2011 SOTM Parody Author Of The Year

Written By: ThaConqueror on 02/01/12 at 10:41 pm

Conqueror hasn't missed a month in at least two years.

I don't know whether I should be proud that I haven't missed a round, or sad because I didn't have anything better to do.

Still, congrats to Blaydeman, Abbott and especially Matthias! And holy balls, 4th place? I think I may be getting the hang of this shindig.

Written By: Matthias on 02/01/12 at 10:44 pm

http://access.nscpcdn.com/gallery/i/o/oscarwinners06/GeorgeCloo_Grani_7769716.jpg

Thank you! Thank you! I've been writing for the past 7 years and I've never won this prestigious award! I've got to thank all the little people that made this moment possible. Without your votes this moment never would have been possible. I want to thank my mom for supplying my house with Internet and I would like to thank Chucky G for creating this web site and I would like to thank...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoXLu9Rz70g

Written By: Blaydeman on 02/01/12 at 10:48 pm

Wow! I can't believe I got 3rd place over the entire year! I'm honored to be even be in these contest against all of these talented writers. And this only being my second year, I'm just so honored. Thanks again! And congrats to Matty for doing a great job this year! And another congrats to Abbott for getting 2nd! And congrats to all for participating!

Written By: 2nz on 02/01/12 at 11:15 pm

All hail Matthias, the king of 2011s SOTM. Great work this year man. Well deserved. Congrats also to Abbott and Blaydeman for 2nd and 3rd. And thank you to Jeff for his tireless work on the tournament. Much appreciated and great fun everyone.

Written By: Arwen on 02/02/12 at 10:04 am

I entered the SOTM in 2011?  Wow.  No seriously, I was surprised to see my name on the list.  hahaha. 

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/02/12 at 12:23 pm

Congratulations Matthias!  :)

Written By: WeirdAbbott on 02/02/12 at 7:41 pm

Holy cow, second!? Wowie wow wowzers! Congrats to Matty for getting the top spot, Blaydeman for joining the podium...and to everyone else in here. Excellent work from everyone!

Check for new replies or respond here...