inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Artistry Round 112 (Jason Mraz) Vote by 3/6/12

Written By: Below Average Dave on 02/19/12 at 7:19 pm

As stated prior to this thread, VOTING is worth points.  If you vote and did not enter this contest, you will get 3 points towards the overall 5 year standings in the Artistry contest.  When you vote as an entrant in this round, you receive 5 points for voting. . .that means no one who votes ends with no points. . . .

Anyway, the rules are pretty similar to other contests.  This is round 112 so please know that ALL rounds will count EQUALLY toward the final standings, and NO rounds will be omitted from the final total.

1. All participants must comment on all entrants and vote by the deadline.  Failure to vote will forfeit all points from this round, and if that is less than 20 points, the difference will be forfeited in the following round (No Disqualifications)

2. Voting will take place by replying to this thread

3. If a person withdraws from an Artistry Round prior to the end of a round, all entrants who voted for that person's entry will be permitted to pick one new song to earn a bonus point, all other songs will be realigned accordingly.  There will be no penalty on those who don't change their vote.

4. Once a vote is posted, it cannot be changed UNLESS rule 3 applies OR there was a double-vote by accident.

5. Late entries will be accepted until the 1st vote has been posted.

6. The deadline is a strict deadline, the moment the date has reached the day after the deadline, no votes will count, this is to reduce last minute voting, or sympathy/favoritism towards different entrants.

7. We ask that any entrant who posts a link to his/her original song (source of parody) not be DKTOS for the contest.

8. All other basic competition rules as applied in other competitions are generally followed.  The rules may not be changed or altered unless two/thirds of those voting in a round where a rule change is requested agrees.  Rules may be added by host (Below Average Dave) if it was a rule in the ABC or SOTM contest that was thought to be common knowledge, but not known by a particular entrant.

Deadline:
EST (New York) March 5th at 11:59:59.9999999
Central (St. Louis): March 5th at 11pm
Mountain (Denver): March 5th at 10pm
Pacific (Los Angeles): March 5th at 9pm
Sydney, AUS: March 6th at 4pm
The UK: March 6th 5am

1. Pool Boy Prophet by Below Average Dave
    Curbside Prophet

2. Kid With the Wings by Blaydeman
    Geek in the Pink

3. Great Scam Artist by Matthias
    Curbside Prophet

4. Deep Fried Muppets by Porfle Popnecker
    Curbside Prophet

5. Dude, That's, Like, Dope by The Conqueror of Parodies
    You and I Like Both

6. 10 Million Record Buyers (It's What I Do) by Agrimorfee
    10,000 Mother Fuc***s (That'll Do)

7. I'm Online by Rex Ungericht
    Make It Mine

Subject: Re: Artistry Round 112 (Jason Mraz) Vote by 3/5/12

Written By: Porfle Popnecker on 02/20/12 at 10:53 pm

5 pts.--Agrimorfee
4 pts.--Rex
3 pts.--Matthias
2 pts.--BAD
1 pts.--Blaydeman

Written By: Matthias on 02/21/12 at 10:16 am

5 Points: Below Average Pools
4 Points: Puppet Popnecker
3 Points: Agrimorfee... Terrible OS but I agree with the sentiment
2 Points: Blaydeman's Valentine's Day
1 Point: T-Cop's Dude

Written By: agrimorfee on 02/23/12 at 8:24 pm

5pts=BAD
4pts=Matthias
3pts=Porfle
2pts=TCOP
1pt=Rex
HM=Blaydeman

Written By: Rex on 03/03/12 at 10:16 am

The Curbside Prophet parodists take this round.

5 points to Porfle
4 points to Matt (won the coin flip between him and Dave)
3 points to BAD
2 points to Agri
1 point to Conq
HM to Blayde

Written By: ThaConqueror on 03/03/12 at 9:15 pm

1 point to Rex.com
2 points to Agri vs. Mraz
3 points to Dave in the Deep End
4 points to Matthias' Scams
5 points to Chez Porfle

Written By: Porfle Popnecker on 03/04/12 at 12:19 am

Many thanks for the 5s!  Now that I'm getting close to 100 posts, I am keeping a karma list.

Written By: Below Average Dave on 03/05/12 at 10:53 am

I'm sorry guys, I just had to run to the bathroom for the third time in an hour, I've been sick for a week--and it doesn't seem to be easing, I'd vote now, but I can't focus, I can't seem to do anything without assistance. . .I'm going to have to extend one day, and hope that I get myself up to par enough tomorrow to at least focus on what I'm reading. . .I may have to extend it again though.  I can't function right now, and I just don't think my vote would be fair if I voted with my mind all frazzled.

Subject: Re: Artistry Round 112 (Jason Mraz) Vote by 3/6/12

Written By: Blaydeman on 03/05/12 at 9:39 pm

1. Matty's a Scammer (5pts)
2. A BAD Pool Boy (4pts)
3. Rex is Online (3pts)
4. Porfle the Muppet Eater (2pts)
5. Aggy's Record Buyers (1pts)

Written By: Below Average Dave on 03/06/12 at 8:04 pm

I'm going to be honest, I'm still really sick but didn't want to hold ya'll up, but this round was really strong, the one song that didn't make it wasn't bad at all, hell its by someone who is more often than not my top choice (Rex you know you are a veteran among veterans)  This was tough--seriously--one of the toughest rounds I've judged in a while. . .

1. Matthias --Still among your very best 5 Points

2. Agri -- Even though I respectfully disagree, the way it was written and how it describes him is really funny and spot on 4 Points

3. TCOP -- Keeping your character throughout and all was very cool, loved the way it was handles-believable 3 Points

4. Blaydeman -- Nice twist on the classic Cupid character, loved his 'tude - 2 Points

5. Porfle -- Fantastic idea, could have been tighter on rhyming, but still a really good parody, I think Curbside Prophet lends well to parody - 1 Point

Seriously ya'll this has been a bright spot in an otherwise miserable 10 or so days, hope I get over. . .whatever the heck this is . . . soon, but at least now I've voted and barring falling asleep randomly like I did several times over the past few days--I should have the next round up tonight.  If not, Matty you know how to get a hold of me, but I will try I promise

Written By: Below Average Dave on 03/07/12 at 3:35 am

1st Matthias with 30 Points

2nd Below Average Dave with 27 Points

3rd Porfle Popnecker with 25 Points

4th Agrimorfee with 22 Points

5th Rex Ungericth with 14 Points

6th The Conqueror of Parodies with 12 Points

7th Blaydeman with 10 Points

Uh. . .Curbside Prophet podium?  Alright, I feel like I've enlightened the site as it's parody cork popper. . .not anywhere near Jason's biggest hit, but a parody measuring stick it has become, Congrats all-on to Pink

Written By: Matthias on 03/07/12 at 5:47 am

Whoa! Thanks guys! It's a good thing I didn't go with that "I'm Yours" parody after all!

Check for new replies or respond here...