inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 2012 SOTM PARODY AUTHOR OF THE YEAR

Written By: 2nz on 02/24/13 at 10:51 pm

Year nine of SOTM has come to a close, and soon SOTY will be underway. In the first eight years, four artists have won Parody Author of the Year.  In 2012, for the first time ever, we add a new name AND an existing one to that list:

ARWEN - AND - MATTHIAS are the 2012 Amiright SOTM Parody Authors of the Year! Never before have two great authors tied for points.

Arwen joins the ranks of Spaff, Kristof Robertson, Jeff Reuben and Matthias. And Matthias proves his command of parody two years in a row. Speaking personally, I, like Jeff, have been fortunate enough to watch both of these great authors grow and evolve as parody writers for what is almost a decade. Arwen, through the years, has come to represented the finer gender on this site through her detailed storytelling and wit, and has become a pro with prose. Her place here is well deserved and has been a long time coming. And Matt continues to show his skillz, from pushing himself through parody to organizing Superhero and StarWars projects to push the rest of us too. I'd like to thank both of these authors for continuously enriching this site for so long.

Congrats also to this poser right here for making a decent run of it this year as well :c).

Also, a congrats to Matthias, Blaydeman and Conqueror of Parodies for perfect attendance, getting points in all 12 months.  Blayde hasn't missed a month in at least two years, and Conqueror hasn't missed a month in at least THREE.

The Final Standings (top 7 scores for the year are counted):

Arwen 153
Matthias 153
2nz 148

Abbott 131
TCOP 127
Blayde 122
Porfle 101
Jeff R 80
Peter A 61
M&P 18
Chris TM 17
BrightCAP 14
Lifeliver 13
Max Power 6

Subject: Re: 2012 SOTM PARODY AUTHOR OF THE YEAR

Written By: ThaConqueror on 02/24/13 at 11:20 pm

While I may be one place lower than last year (technically, anyway...ties always confuse me that way), I can take solace in the fact that I got 127 points.

Congrats to Arwen and Matthias, you deserve it!

Written By: Arwen on 02/25/13 at 9:50 am

Holy Cats...who needs an Oscar with a surprise like this??

I really was NOT expecting this at all...I haven't been around the past month or so...a lot going on in "real life" combined with sheer laziness and a lack of parody-esque inspiration have kept me away.  If it weren't for Jeff (my always there AIR contact even when I'm on hiatus) I might have missed this for a couple of days.

HOWEVER...this means SO much to me...I can't even tell you.  I love this community of crazy parody lovers.  I love playing with all of you...you make it so fun to keep writing.

Hugs and kisses and congrats to my Matty and 2nz...I can't imagine 2 boys I'd rather be up there with.  More hugs and kisses and congrats to everyone who placed and who played along all year.  2012 was a great year in parody...I'm now inspired to get my 2013 butt in gear! 

xoxo
:-*

Written By: jreuben on 02/25/13 at 10:45 am

Congratulations Arwen and Matthias!  Arwen, welcome to the club (and thank you 2nz for getting this done!)

Written By: WeirdAbbott on 02/25/13 at 11:09 am

Holy cow! Congrats to Matty and Arwen, couldn't happen to better people!

Written By: Matthias on 02/26/13 at 11:27 am

Wow!!! Thank you guys for voting me up to number one! This is a fantastic honor and I'm glad I can share this spot up on the podium with my number one gal Arwen! :D

Written By: Arwen on 02/26/13 at 2:10 pm

Wow!!! Thank you guys for voting me up to number one! This is a fantastic honor and I'm glad I can share this spot up on the podium with my number one gal Arwen! :D

:-* :-* :-*
Heart you, Matty!!

Check for new replies or respond here...