inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Artistry 2 Round 51 (Timbaland) Enter by 6/16/15

Written By: ThaConqueror on 06/03/15 at 1:02 am

Can you handle him the way he are? Yep, it's the Timbaland round!

http://www.mosleymusicgroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Timbaland+png.png

Important note: Timbaland's songs tend to have guest artists that take up most of it, so the "half or more vocal contribution" rule will have to be exhanged with "anything that gives the artist the main credit". So anything that's "Blah-Blah by Timbaland ft. Whoever" is fine, "Blah-Blah by Whoever ft. Timbaland" is not. Also, Apologise doesn't count as that's a remix. Hope that makes sense!

Youtube search for "Timbaland"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Artistry Rules For Newcomers:
- If one wishes to enter (entry in all rounds is not compulsory), entry must be written (or selected from back catalog) within two weeks of the posting of the entry thread
- Voting runs during the same two-week period as the next entry thread, so organise your time wisely
- All participants must comment on all entrants and vote by the deadline.  Failure to vote will forfeit all points from that round, but it won't disqualify you from participating in the next round
- Voting will take place by replying to the appropriate voting thread
- If a person withdraws from an Artistry Round prior to the end of a round, all entrants who voted for that person's entry will be permitted to pick one new song to earn a bonus point, all other songs will be realigned accordingly.  There will be no penalty on those who don't change their vote.
- Once a vote is posted, it cannot be changed UNLESS rule 3 applies OR there was a double-vote by accident.
- Late entries will be accepted until the 1st vote has been posted.
- The deadline is a strict deadline, the moment the date has reached the day after the deadline, no votes will count, this is to reduce last minute voting, or sympathy/favoritism towards different entrants.

Subject: Re: Artistry 2 Round 51 (Timbaland) Enter by 6/16/15

Written By: ThaConqueror on 06/03/15 at 1:36 am

Ha-ha, I finally have an opportunity to write a parody about a thing that genuinely pisses me off while in the car (meaning not just transferred hate from my licence-having brother): morons leaving their shopping trolleys (or shopping cart for you guys) all over the sodding car park! Set to the tune of "Morning After Dark", stay tuned for "Trolley In My Park".

Written By: WeirdAbbott on 06/03/15 at 12:01 pm

I think I'm going to go with a parody of "If We Ever Meet Again" (feat. Katy Perry)...which is weird that he gets top billing since the whole song is practically the KP sung chorus haha.

Written By: ThaConqueror on 06/03/15 at 7:08 pm

I think I'm going to go with a parody of "If We Ever Meet Again" (feat. Katy Perry)...which is weird that he gets top billing since the whole song is practically the KP sung chorus haha.

That's just how Timbaland rolls, man. At least he has some vocal contributions, unlike guys like David Guetta these days.

Written By: Matthias on 06/04/15 at 1:21 pm

I might have already done a song about pirates with my "X It Marks The Spot" parody but I kind of want to do another one in this round because the tune "The Way I Are" really needs to be turned into "The Way I "ARRR""

http://www.cwu.edu/~davisdani/pirate.jpg

Written By: jreuben on 06/04/15 at 7:11 pm

Carry-On:

http://www.amiright.com/parody/2010s/timbalandfeatjustintimberlake0.shtml

Written By: ThaConqueror on 06/04/15 at 11:09 pm

Hang on, as much as I'm laughing over the fact that you're putting the same parody you put in the Justin Timberlake round last Artistry (especially when I said in that entry thread that it might be more suited for the then-upcoming Timbaland round), I'm not sure if repeat entries are allowed. Anyone else wanna weigh in on this? I know I'm running this shin-dig but I'm too tempted to give the okay just because Jeff's being a cheeky little sod.

Written By: Matthias on 06/04/15 at 11:26 pm

Hang on, as much as I'm laughing over the fact that you're putting the same parody you put in the Justin Timberlake round last Artistry (especially when I said in that entry thread that it might be more suited for the then-upcoming Timbaland round), I'm not sure if repeat entries are allowed. Anyone else wanna weigh in on this? I know I'm running this shin-dig but I'm too tempted to give the okay just because Jeff's being a cheeky little sod.

Well... I'm the one who messaged him about putting this parody in so obviously my opinion falls into the the frame of mind of the more the merrier and who cares about what Artistry 1 had since this is Artistry 2 and a different artist's round so I think it should still count.

Written By: Matthias on 06/04/15 at 11:50 pm

"The Way I Are" is way too easy to turn into a pirate parody "The Way I ARRR" is coming soon...

Written By: ThaConqueror on 06/04/15 at 11:50 pm

Well... I'm the one who messaged him about putting this parody in so obviously my opinion falls into the the frame of mind of the more the merrier and who cares about what Artistry 1 had since this is Artistry 2 and a different artist's round so I think it should still count.

Ah, double cheekiness! Well now I definitely can't resist. Jeff, you have the okay! Hope you can join us for more - as Matthias said, the more the merrier.

Written By: ThaConqueror on 06/08/15 at 5:23 am

http://theinteriorlife.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/shopping-cart.gif

Trolleys In My Park

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/08/15 at 5:57 am

http://theinteriorlife.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/shopping-cart.gif

Trolleys In My Park
One thinks of Howard here?

Written By: Matthias on 06/08/15 at 7:54 am

http://www.amiright.com/parody/2000s/timbalandftkerihilsondoe0.shtml

Written By: Syncronos on 06/15/15 at 10:23 am

I'll be voting in the last round with Drake, but my well has run dry here with Timbaland. The only thing I could come up with was how the grammar in 'The Way I Are' isn't correct...and that'll just get annoying after the first stanza. Maybe next round'll be kinder.

Written By: Blaydeman on 06/15/15 at 11:21 am

Abbott, Timbaland is also singing the chorus. He's "harmonizing"! LOL!

Written By: Blaydeman on 06/16/15 at 2:55 pm

My parody should be up tomorrow.

Written By: agrimorfee on 06/16/15 at 3:57 pm

My parody should be up tomorrow.

Ditto.

DKTOS?
Gnash yer teeth into
www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW07szuiZmo

Written By: WeirdAbbott on 06/16/15 at 9:09 pm

Abbott, Timbaland is also singing the chorus. He's "harmonizing"! LOL!

Haha, fair enough. I gave it a shot and my parody of "If We Ever Meet Again" called "Buffet" will be up tomorrow!

Check for new replies or respond here...