inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: AmiRight Monthly Top Ten Parody Lyrics Winners

Written By: c4p on 12/12/17 at 8:12 pm

The AmiRight Monthly Top Ten Parody Lyrics Voting is held here in the Song Parodies Contest Forum.  If you’re interested in winning, write good song parodies and submit them to AmiRight.  If you’re interested in voting, the most recent voting thread is here.  Hint:  if you’d like to win, the best way is to write good song parodies AND vote.  Thanks, and good luck!

NOVEMBER 2017

1.  No One Spanks Like a Nun by Claude Prez - a parody of “Gaston” from Beauty and the Beast

2. At the Vet by Rick Duncan - a parody of “At the Hop” by Danny and the Juniors

3.  (tie) Heal Up Jill by Ethan Mawyer - a parody of “Feel it Still” by Portugal. The Man

3.(tie)  It’s the Ghostbusting-est Kind of Career by Claude Prez - a parody of “It’s The Most Wonderful Time of the Year” by Andy Williams

5.  Basic Bi*** by Below Average Dave - a parody of “Look What You Made Me Do” by Taylor Swift

6.  Jumbled Tweeter by John Jenkins - a parody of “Jambalaya” by Hank Williams

7.  (tie) Feel His Quills by Matthias - a parody of “Feel it Still” by Portugal. The Man

7.(tie)  Check to Check by Rex Ungericht - a parody of “Cheek to Cheek” by Fred Astaire

7.(tie)  Your Dog Was Cross, but Now it’s Stoned by Claude Prez - a parody of “My Dog Was Lost, But Now It’s Found” by The Fiery Furnaces

10.  Working With a Wookiee on a Plan by Michael Gee - a parody of “Winter Wonderland” by Elvis Presley

Subject: Re: AmiRight Monthly Top Ten Parody Lyrics Winners

Written By: John Jenkins on 12/13/17 at 8:50 am

Thanks again for doing this, Claude.  It is unfortunate that there were not more voters, but it seems that the cream did rise to the top (5).

Written By: c4p on 12/13/17 at 10:37 pm

Thanks again for doing this, Claude.  It is unfortunate that there were not more voters, but it seems that the cream did rise to the top.

Thanks John.  Yeah I’d prefer more voters but maybe interest will pick up gradually.  I still think it’s a good idea and I agree that it’s a quality list and that was the goal so I’m happy.  Also, nobody seems to suspect that it’s really all just a big ego trip for myself so that’s good too.

Written By: agrimorfee on 12/14/17 at 8:27 am

I do feel bad on not getting this one in, guys. I waited until the last week to even consider my choices, but real life and technology (spotty wi-fi & laggy laptop) got in my way of being able to objectively and fully surf and review before deadline. Hopefully next time.

Check for new replies or respond here...