inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dem Funny Leader Hindsights (Collab)

Written By: Arch Vile on 04/27/19 at 10:00 am

Hello one and all.  When we look back on the largest group of democratic candidates, gunning for the top job of POTUS,  there is no reason for anyone to suggest that these men and women will have problems.  Whether that takes the form of freudian slips, ineffective policy implementation, or the tried and failed Trump slamming. 

The premise for this contest is meant to test the limits of creative potential for all authors who love political low blows (or high blows)  ;)  Timing also has its merits here.  Also, I think song parody would be the best way to understand this field of choices.  ;D

So with the field of 20 Democratic candidates (no more after Biden hopefully) for 2020, I am throwing this collaborative contest as follows.  Hindsights as they are, would be to showcase their failings after they drop out.  I would like to see submissions for songs to AmIRight showing the failings of these candidates.  The time to post should be when that candidate officially drops out, to properly gauge the full scope of his/her stupidity.  Any current slams would not apply here, and I am not picky on song selection.  I got the attached list, limit one author per candidate (don't be greedy).  Fill out your pick on the .pdf comments, text (or reply to this thread from the file), and hope they go the distance.  The longer they run, the more time to prepare.  If you happen to have the song submitted before the candidate drops out, it will not count.  Hold the humor until its time, in case any edits are needed.  I will update the file as follows.

When all candidates have been picked by an AmIRight author, and when the 2020 election is done in November, I will start a poll (cause public opinion matters to MSM)  ::), to see who made the best parody from the list.  Since it all looks like nobody is going to beat Trump in 2020, doesn't mean that those candidates, in hindsight, can't have a good satirical shot thrown on them.

Good luck and have fun.

Subject: Re: Dem Funny Leader Hindsights (Collab)

Written By: agrimorfee on 05/06/19 at 10:25 am

You need to add Michael Bennett to the list.  :)
https://secure.actblue.com/donate/bfafoundingdonor?refcode=g-b-a1&amount=10

I really have been kinda out of the parody writing feelz as of late. But, I will do you a favor and link this to the Facebook Parody Writers Group.  https://www.facebook.com/groups/166810637276018/

If you want to join, just click at the appropriate spot there, say I referred you.

Written By: Arch Vile on 05/07/19 at 9:44 pm

Thanks for the reminder and the link.  I guess I'm not aware of the deadline for Democratic Candidates to officially declare themselves as running for president.  I doubt that candidates would declare after the first primaries.  The new list is attached, and may be updated if any "new surprises" occur.

Michael Bennet.  He worked for Hickenlooper before being a senator for Colorado.  There is already a candidate from Colorado running for president, we don't need two.  Or even co-workers at best. ::)  He should be more like Bennett Foddy, b/c I'm over it. There's also a football player with the same name but with Bennett.

Written By: agrimorfee on 05/08/19 at 10:48 am

Thanks for the reminder and the link.  I guess I'm not aware of the deadline for Democratic Candidates to officially declare themselves as running for president. 

It's not your fault, no worries. The political talk shows I follow can barely keep up with the list!

Written By: Arch Vile on 05/14/19 at 9:16 pm

Ah crap.  Here we go again.  Another Democratic candidate making me update this list again.  Hitting 22 we finally have two baseball teams.  But are  the teams balanced?  The Moderates vs. The Progressives.  Steve Bullock from Montana, just separate from US and join Canada like that change petition.

Written By: agrimorfee on 05/16/19 at 9:46 am

;D
https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/15/politics/bill-de-blasio-2020-presidential-announcement/index.html

Written By: Arch Vile on 05/17/19 at 8:58 am

Well.  I was hesitant to believe that Bill de Blasio was even going to have a chance at being a part of this election.  >:( There is a reason Buttigieg is more liked in Indiana.  At this point, I am inclined to believe that somebody in these 23 candidates is going to be the running mate for the person that actually wins the nomination.  Or better yet, why wait, just merge campaigns now and get it over-with. ???  Bill may not last long given how much "good he has done for New York."  Mayor Dinkins 2.0.  I think our first contribution to this list might come from him.

Written By: Arch Vile on 07/11/19 at 7:57 pm

What happened?  Did we have a tag team going on? Swalwell tags out. Steyer tags in.  Steyer what a joke candidate.  Focussing on impeachment of Trump if he wins the election.  Dude, if you win 2020, job's done. :P Expand your platform dumbass.  ::)

Written By: agrimorfee on 07/22/19 at 12:18 pm

Update your charts.  :D

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/5/14/18528546/steve-bullock-2020-campaign-policies

Written By: Arch Vile on 07/23/19 at 10:18 am

If you checked the posted attachment from my last outburst, Steve Bullock is on the list.  Third from the bottom.  I'm sorry I can't change the list to be alphabetical.

Written By: Arch Vile on 08/15/19 at 2:13 pm

So now the field in thinning out.  I am still waiting for the Eric Swalwell song, but now there is someone else to satirize: John Hickenlooper.  https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/14/politics/hickenlooper-presidential-campaign/index.html He is out, so now you can siphon as much information from his campaign website and the debates to use for material

Check for new replies or respond here...