inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Oh my God... I just screwed up big time

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/27/07 at 10:46 pm

I was trying to remove some posts, and instead I removed an entire topic.  I have no idea if it's even possible to bring it back from the backups.  wow, this really sucks.

Subject: Re: Oh my God... I just screwed up big time

Written By: nally on 01/27/07 at 10:52 pm

Whoa...was it the "Show us what you look like" thread? :o

i guess it was

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/27/07 at 11:05 pm

Smooth move, Ex-Lax. 

Just kidding, Chucky.  I'm sure you and your supreme knowledge can fix it.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/27/07 at 11:14 pm

S'coo, I guess people will just re-post their pix whenever they get the chance :)

Written By: Tam on 01/27/07 at 11:23 pm

It's all good Chucky - post count doesnt matter to me.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/27/07 at 11:46 pm

I was trying to remove some posts, and instead I removed an entire topic.  I have no idea if it's even possible to bring it back from the backups.  wow, this really sucks.
HakunaMatata Chucky. Don't beat yourself up too badly, although if you're feeling bummed out about this, then I can relate. I accidentally deleted 500 songs from my daughters Ipod , so I know how you feel. I felt horrible after that mishap but I may be able to retrieve them. Hopefully there's a way to restore this topic and the pics, but if not, no big deal 8) . You provide this site to us for free and I appreciate it.          as for my kid, well, she was a little slower on being the forgiving kind.

Written By: nally on 01/28/07 at 12:09 am

It's all good Chucky - post count doesnt matter to me.

Or me. I can rebuild it at a later time. :)

HakunaMatata Chucky. Don't beat yourself up too badly, although if you're feeling bummed out about this, then I can relate. I accidentally deleted 500 songs from my daughters Ipod , so I know how you feel. I felt horrible after that mishap but I may be able to retrieve them. Hopefully there's a way to restore this topic and the pics, but if not, no big deal 8) . You provide this site to us for free and I appreciate it.          as for my kid, well, she was a little slower on being the forgiving kind.

On a fairly similar note...one time I was writing a computer program and forgot to save 100-200 lines of code and then the machine froze...and it all got lost. :-\\ I was only able to retrieve portions of the lost code from my brain.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/28/07 at 1:27 am

Or me. I can rebuild it at a later time. :)

On a fairly similar note...one time I was writing a computer program and forgot to save 100-200 lines of code and then the machine froze...and it all got lost. :-\\ I was only able to retrieve portions of the lost code from my brain.
These are all lessons learned the hard way.  :(

Written By: 80sTrivMeister on 01/28/07 at 7:07 am

Oh, no... I guess we'll just have to start the thread up again! :)

Written By: jackas on 01/28/07 at 8:52 am

Awww damn....I was about to remove those post yesterday and I got interupted and then never got back to it.  If I had removed those....I kinda feel guilty.

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/28/07 at 10:30 am

Awww damn....I was about to remove those post yesterday and I got interupted and then never got back to it.  If I had removed those....I kinda feel guilty.

don't.  strictly my fault.

Written By: Tia on 01/28/07 at 1:26 pm

you know, on another board there's a show us what you look like thread and for every post where someone doesnt' post a picture of themselves, the mods insert a really embarrassing picture into the post to make the poster look like they're a furry conventioneer or a cross-dresser or something. usually you only have to do this a few times and then people stay on topic....

Written By: jackas on 01/28/07 at 2:25 pm

you know, on another board there's a show us what you look like thread and for every post where someone doesnt' post a picture of themselves, the mods insert a really embarrassing picture into the post to make the poster look like they're a furry conventioneer or a cross-dresser or something. usually you only have to do this a few times and then people stay on topic....

;D 

It's tempting. ;)

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/28/07 at 3:24 pm

Is this board Something Awful by any chance?  There's already one SA, and I don't want to be some lame imitator.  We need to blaze our own path, that's what I always say.

I thought about it last night, and while I'm pretty certain I can bring back the actual posts, I think the pictures would be lost.  It also wouldn't restore anyone's post counts.  I think we're going to have to let this one go. 

Written By: Tia on 01/28/07 at 3:35 pm

Is this board Something Awful by any chance?  There's already one SA, and I don't want to be some lame imitator.  We need to blaze our own path, that's what I always say.
naw, it's retrocrush. if i ever mention another msg board chances are it's retrocrush, that's the only board i tia-rrize besides this one.

i wouldn't think of it as an imitation. i would think of it as adopting a proven and working strategy and making it your own!

Written By: Tia on 01/28/07 at 3:58 pm

anyway, here's an interesting question -- a new person, friend of mine, had just registered and put up a couple of posts and i think they were all on that thread. so i think she's a registered user with zero posts now. i wonder if that even works, or if that's exactly the kind of bizarro situation that will end up crashing the entire internet.

Written By: jackas on 01/28/07 at 4:57 pm

I thought about it last night, and while I'm pretty certain I can bring back the actual posts, I think the pictures would be lost.  It also wouldn't restore anyone's post counts.  I think we're going to have to let this one go. 

That's a good idea.  No use wasting your time when we can always start another thread. 

Written By: Dagwood on 01/28/07 at 8:05 pm

Oops.  Oh well, life goes on. :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/28/07 at 8:39 pm

meh, no biggie...half of those pictures in that thread (especially toward the beginning) were of people who aren't even here anymore.....it's cool to start a new one...with current members! :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 01/28/07 at 8:53 pm

so, is someone going to start a new one...or what? :D

Written By: Tia on 01/28/07 at 8:55 pm

i thought about starting one on my subboard because i wanna be the moderator so i can change the pictures of people who don't post a picture of themself on every post in the thread. but i guess it has to be in the photo board.

Written By: nally on 01/29/07 at 10:11 am

meh, no biggie...half of those pictures in that thread (especially toward the beginning) were of people who aren't even here anymore.....it's cool to start a new one...with current members! :)

Right! and current photos of them! :)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/29/07 at 10:29 am

I agree - it was too big anyway.  It was almost impossible to find pics of people if you wanted to see them.  I'm kinda glad it happened - now everyone has to post a new pic of themselves!  :)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/31/07 at 2:46 am

Oh well, as long as you don't remove the "Show Us Your BOO-TAY!" thread I won't get too upset.  ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...