inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: My New Dog

Written By: NullandVoid on 02/23/07 at 6:57 pm

Brownie's Story
Brownie was found sitting smack in the middle of a busy avenue in Brooklyn by a family member of mine. Just seconds ago a heartless jerk had dumped her out of a moving car like she was garbage >:(. My Aunt took the dog in and named her brownie, although she liked the dog she couldn't keep her...so she was passed to me. when Brownie first arrived in my house the first thing I noticed was how CALM she was. Even her being mildly underweight and having a matted coat- obvious signs of neglect :( She didn't snap, rarely barked, wasn't fearful at all. In fact the first time I went to pet her, she just sat her head in my lap and sighed(like she was relieved to just to be here. With the exception of a fondness for toilet paper and begging shamelessly for tablescraps she is a wonderfully almost perfect dog. Everyday I look at her and how smart she is I just wonder, how could someone throw such a sweet dog away? It makes no sense. Then again it was a blessing for her to be tossed in a way, she found me :) These past 3 weeks have been so good...Whoever said that pets can lift your spirits was right. No matter how my day goes, as soon as she jumps in my lap, my stress just fades out. I think I need her just as much as she needs me.

btw, I'm treating her to a full Doggie spa day tommorow. I'll post more pics of her after she gets her make-over

Subject: Re: My New Dog

Written By: Windbreaker05 on 02/23/07 at 7:02 pm

:\'( I hate just thinking about the way some people treat their pets. I am so glad that you now have Brownie and that Brownie now has you.

Great pics, too. Thanks for sharing.

Written By: NullandVoid on 02/23/07 at 7:08 pm

:\'( I hate just thinking about the way some people treat their pets. I am so glad that you now have Brownie and that Brownie now has you.

Great pics, too. Thanks for sharing.

You're welcome :)

The only thing I regret is that I don't know what breed she is or her age. I hope they can tell me something tommorow.
Do you by any chance have an idea of what kind of dog she is?

I'm thinking poodle, but I won't be sure until that excessive fur is gone.

Written By: lorac61469 on 02/23/07 at 7:18 pm

Wow, what a lucky puppy!!  :)

I will never understand how people can treat animals that way.  :\'(

I'm sure she'll love the spa. 

She looks like a poodle to me. 

Written By: Windbreaker05 on 02/23/07 at 7:19 pm

You're welcome :)

The only thing I regret is that I don't know what breed she is or her age. I hope they can tell me something tommorow.
Do you by any chance have an idea of what kind of dog she is?

I'm thinking poodle, but I won't be sure until that excessive fur is gone.

I'm not sure. Poodle sounds like a good guess to me, but I'm not great at distinguishing breeds - except dachshunds. I've lived with dachshies as far back as I can remember.

The vet should be able to tell you, though, and I imagine give a fairly accurate age, or at least age range.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/23/07 at 7:26 pm

Brownie's Story
Brownie was found sitting smack in the middle of a busy avenue in Brooklyn by a family member of mine. Just seconds ago a heartless jerk had dumped her out of a moving car like she was garbage >:(. My Aunt took the dog in and named her brownie, although she liked the dog she couldn't keep her...so she was passed to me. when Brownie first arrived in my house the first thing I noticed was how CALM she was. Even her being mildly underweight and having a matted coat- obvious signs of neglect :( She didn't snap, rarely barked, wasn't fearful at all. In fact the first time I went to pet her, she just sat her head in my lap and sighed(like she was relieved to just to be here. With the exception of a fondness for toilet paper and begging shamelessly for tablescraps she is a wonderfully almost perfect dog. Everyday I look at her and how smart she is I just wonder, how could someone throw such a sweet dog away? It makes no sense. Then again it was a blessing for her to be tossed in a way, she found me :) These past 3 weeks have been so good...Whoever said that pets can lift your spirits was right. No matter how my day goes, as soon as she jumps in my lap, my stress just fades out. I think I need her just as much as she needs me.

btw, I'm treating her to a full Doggie spa day tommorow. I'll post more pics of her after she gets her make-over

what a precious little girl she is...and you are one great person for taking her in! :)

Written By: gemini on 02/23/07 at 7:40 pm

Awww, that is one sweet little puppy! I can't believe how cruel people can be to animals. It just makes no sense to me. 

Written By: Southern Image on 02/23/07 at 7:50 pm

AWWW, Brownie is such a cutie.  :)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 02/24/07 at 12:33 am

Ah Brownie is a cutie

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/24/07 at 10:48 am

I am so glad that Brownie's story has a happy ending. I'm sure both of you will be very happy together.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 02/03/13 at 7:51 pm

great story with such a happy ending!!! glad you two found each other!

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/03/13 at 8:33 pm

What a lucky pair you make.  Hope you two have a long and happy life together

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 02/03/13 at 8:48 pm

I hate it when shelters kill off healthy dogs for no reason other than issues that can easily be corrected.  :(

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/04/13 at 8:42 pm

I hate it when shelters kill off healthy dogs for no reason other than issues that can easily be corrected.  :(

But it wasn't a shelter dog

Unfortunately, shelters have to destroy lots of animals for the simple reason that they can't afford to feed them. 

STERILIZE YOUR PETS

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 02/06/13 at 12:54 pm

But it wasn't a shelter dog

Unfortunately, shelters have to destroy lots of animals for the simple reason that they can't afford to feed them. 

STERILIZE YOUR PETS

I know she wasn't a shelter dog but I'm just saying that shelters sometimes kill dogs because of temperment issues that can be easily corrected through retraining.
I've been watching Animal Cops on Animal Planet and I have seen more episodes where they kill dogs because of correctable temperment issues.  :(

Written By: Don Carlos on 02/06/13 at 8:30 pm

I know she wasn't a shelter dog but I'm just saying that shelters sometimes kill dogs because of temperment issues that can be easily corrected through retraining.
I've been watching Animal Cops on Animal Planet and I have seen more episodes where they kill dogs because of correctable temperment issues.  :(

Yes, but with all the stray and abandoned dogs in shelters, which ones can afford the time and money to rehabilitate those with "temperament issues"?  Its not the dogs' fault, or the shelter's, its the fault of irresponsible pet owners

Written By: c_keenan2001@hotmail.com on 02/08/13 at 12:18 am

Yes, but with all the stray and abandoned dogs in shelters, which ones can afford the time and money to rehabilitate those with "temperament issues"?  Its not the dogs' fault, or the shelter's, its the fault of irresponsible pet owners

Yes the animal shelters aren't responsible for what happens.  I just am against putting animals down because of correctable temperment issues.

Written By: danootaandme on 02/08/13 at 5:33 pm

We got a rescue dog that looked exactly like that only black.  It was many years ago and she has since passed away, but Ebony was my mothers delight.  A vet could probably tell you what kind of mix she is, and her age.

OOPS!!!! I didn't realize this was an old thread.  How about an update?

Check for new replies or respond here...