inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Before, During, & After

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/12/08 at 4:14 pm

I thought about naming this thread "Home Improvement" but I thought we could use this thread to post photos of before, during & after situations: i.e. a new haircut, or anything with a change.  So here is the before, during & after of our new bathroom floor and of course Elvira had to get into the act.  lol

Cat

Subject: Re: Before, During, & After

Written By: Red Ant on 02/12/08 at 6:05 pm

Good pictures, Catwoman. Two questions: did you do the tile work yourselves and is Elvira toilet trained?

Ant

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/12/08 at 6:12 pm

Good pictures, Catwoman. Two questions: did you do the tile work yourselves and is Elvira toilet trained?

Ant

No, and no. We hired a guy to do and he did a GREAT job. I WISH Elvira was toilet trained. She likes to go into the box and spread the litter EVERYWHERE!!!  :-\\  She does love to watch when you flush the toilet, though.  Off topic a bit-here is another one of her (even though I probably should post this in the pet photo thread).

Cat

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 02/12/08 at 11:26 pm

I love the new floor, Cat! :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/12/08 at 11:41 pm

that's awesome Cat. the bathroom looks great, he did a good job.

I don't think the before looked too bad  ::)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/13/08 at 11:00 am

Thanks everyone.

that's awesome Cat. the bathroom looks great, he did a good job.

I don't think the before looked too bad  ::)

Here is another "Before" pic. This shows where a lot of the problem were in the old floor.  I hope you can see it.

Cat

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 02/13/08 at 11:46 am

That turned out very nice Cat.

Funny thing, with our cat, she loves to be in the bathroom with you, but when you flush she runs out of the room.  Silly kitty.

Written By: Gis on 02/14/08 at 3:06 am

It looks great!

but I think you should paint the walls a colour.....................

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 02/14/08 at 3:34 am

Thanks everyone.

Here is another "Before" pic. This shows where a lot of the problem were in the old floor.  I hope you can see it.

Cat
oh yeah,  no offense but the before was a little sucky and the after is beyond compare. you must be very happy  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/14/08 at 12:48 pm

It looks great!

but I think you should paint the walls a colour.....................

That is Carlos. He insists that our walls be white because he thinks it goes with the wood trim. I don't mind it.  I would rather let him have his white walls as I can have what I want else where (like the slate tile floor  ;) ).  I TRIED to talk him into a new vanity but it just didn't happen. I think I may be able to get a compromise from him on that aspect but haven't really picked out what the "compromise" is going to be yet (like a dresser or something next to the sink).

oh yeah,  no offense but the before was a little sucky and the after is beyond compare. you must be very happy  :)

The "Before" was not my doing. That was put in when the bathroom was redone by Carlos & his ex. I don't know who picked out the tile (but I LOVE the blue tile around the tub). To be fair, it probably look great when it was first put in about 20 years ago. I have been wanting to do the floor since we moved down stairs about 5 or 6 years ago.

Every time I go into the bathroom, I just marvel at the floor. Yes, I am EXTREMELY happy with it.

Cat

Written By: Gis on 02/15/08 at 5:41 am

That is Carlos. He insists that our walls be white because he thinks it goes with the wood trim. I don't mind it.  I would rather let him have his white walls as I can have what I want else where (like the slate tile floor  ;) ).  I TRIED to talk him into a new vanity but it just didn't happen. I think I may be able to get a compromise from him on that aspect but haven't really picked out what the "compromise" is going to be yet (like a dresser or something next to the sink).

The "Before" was not my doing. That was put in when the bathroom was redone by Carlos & his ex. I don't know who picked out the tile (but I LOVE the blue tile around the tub). To be fair, it probably look great when it was first put in about 20 years ago. I have been wanting to do the floor since we moved down stairs about 5 or 6 years ago.

Every time I go into the bathroom, I just marvel at the floor. Yes, I am EXTREMELY happy with it.

Cat
Fair enough, it is all about compromise after all. I love the blue tiles too.

Written By: danootaandme on 02/15/08 at 5:47 am

That is Carlos. He insists that our walls be white because he thinks it goes with the wood trim. I don't mind it. 

Cat

I am beginning to think this is a guy thing.  I have wood trim and Sig was aghast that I didn't want to paint any of the walls in my house white. I was talking to a couple of friends and they said the say thing about there husbands/significants.  It isn't like I have bold colors,  all the colors are pale, pale yellow in the kitchen, grey in the living room, green in the bedrooms and bathroom.  These are just hints of color to keep them from being white.  I find white hot in summer and cold in winter and just can't live with it.

Written By: Gis on 02/15/08 at 6:31 am

I am beginning to think this is a guy thing.  I have wood trim and Sig was aghast that I didn't want to paint any of the walls in my house white. I was talking to a couple of friends and they said the say thing about there husbands/significants.  It isn't like I have bold colors,  all the colors are pale, pale yellow in the kitchen, grey in the living room, green in the bedrooms and bathroom.  These are just hints of color to keep them from being white.  I find white hot in summer and cold in winter and just can't live with it.
I find too much of it too clinical. The bathroom in the last house we rented was all white, ceiling, walls, tiles, suite and floor. It looked like somewhere they do autopsies! The first thing I did was get permission to paint the wall a rich cream.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 02/15/08 at 12:29 pm

I find too much of it too clinical. The bathroom in the last house we rented was all white, ceiling, walls, tiles, suite and floor. It looked like somewhere they do autopsies! The first thing I did was get permission to paint the wall a rich cream.

Usually, we have pictures (photos/paintings) on the walls so it's not totally clinical. I just haven't put the pictures back up in the bathroom yet. (Yes, there is on that goes above the toilet-I really should take another "after" shot after everything is back in it's rightful place).

Cat

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 02/17/08 at 11:33 am

Thanks everyone.

Cat

Yeah, that looks like some kind of mold or mildewy kind of thing going on... glad you were able to get new tile. At my doctor's office I'm working at, she hired my boyfriend to retile the bathroom over this weekend - I can't wait to see it on Tuesday - all nice and new!  :)

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 02/17/08 at 11:37 am

My boyfriend  is the opposite on that. He HATES white. He can't stand that people who supposedely "remodel" actually paint everything but the kitchen sink white. I guess because he's a bit of an "artisan" he knows how to mix colors very well and knows how to work them right. It may be a guy thing for most men because maybe a lot of them don't have the "eye" for what goes with what, but I could be wrong - so don't throw paint at me!  ;D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/18/08 at 1:07 am

Got a hair cut and color (well I did the coloring) it was mainly maintenance coloring, but I'm really bored so I may end up going to get some copper highlights put in after payday.  Anyways, here is the before and after photos.  I know I look pretty much the same in both photos (I'm the only one that notices any difference)  ;)

The first picture was Christmas 2006, the "after" shot was April 6, 2008

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/18/08 at 1:19 am

Got a hair cut and color (well I did the coloring) it was mainly maintenance coloring, but I'm really bored so I may end up going to get some copper highlights put in after payday.  Anyways, here is the before and after photos.  I know I look pretty much the same in both photos (I'm the only one that notices any difference)   ;)

you don't look "pretty much the same" in both Patty. you look marvelous in the after. really nice  :)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/18/08 at 1:42 am

you don't look "pretty much the same" in both Patty. you look marvelous in the after. really nice  :)

Thank ye kindly!

Yeah I should have edited the "pretty much the same" part out.  I finally found a picture that looked "different" then what I look like now.  Although I did have to go clear back to 2006.  I usually color my hair the same color every time, but back then it was pretty dark (I had tried a darker color then).  The other picture I was gonna post as my before was taken last August, and I didn't look any different.  ;D

I notice the change because I had a good 4 inches taken off the back.  I figured that I might as well, it was all split ends and kinda tangled anyways.  Might as well start all over in growing my hair long again.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/18/08 at 2:30 pm

Got a hair cut and color (well I did the coloring) it was mainly maintenance coloring, but I'm really bored so I may end up going to get some copper highlights put in after payday.  Anyways, here is the before and after photos.  I know I look pretty much the same in both photos (I'm the only one that notices any difference)   ;)

I like the new "do" Patty! :)

Written By: Gis on 04/21/08 at 12:26 pm

I like the new "do" Patty! :)
So do I! The colour looks fab and you suit the fringe(bangs in America right?). Gorgeous.  :-*

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 04/22/08 at 7:48 pm

Thank you kindly, ladies.  :)

Written By: thereshegoes on 04/24/08 at 3:25 pm

Bangs rule!!! Very nice,Patty :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/16/08 at 1:28 pm

Here is the before & after.

Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 05/16/08 at 1:48 pm

Pretty. :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 05/16/08 at 8:57 pm

Here is the before & after.

Cat

I like it Cat!! Good choice! ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 05/17/08 at 9:10 am

Pretty. :)

I like it Cat!! Good choice! ;)

Thanks. Actually, it was Carlos' choice. Not mine.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...