inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Our trip to NASA 9/01/09

Written By: greenjello74 on 10/03/08 at 7:46 pm

Here are a few pics we took when we went to NASA last weekend

1. Me and Jim playing around

Subject: Re: Our trip to NASA 9/01/09

Written By: greenjello74 on 10/03/08 at 7:58 pm

Here are some more

Control room used for Apollo missions
Eagle that Neil Armstrong used for the first moon walk

Written By: danootaandme on 10/04/08 at 10:37 am

Good pics.  Looks like you had a good time  :)

Written By: snozberries on 10/04/08 at 4:46 pm

wow. . .  I didn't know you could time travel!!!!

so what's it gonna be like in 09  ;)

;D

great pics!

Written By: greenjello74 on 10/04/08 at 6:46 pm

wow. . .  I didn't know you could time travel!!!!

so what's it gonna be like in 09 8);)

;D

great pics!

ooppss  ya know senility is not not  not oh damn it I forgot what I was going to uh uh..oh the hell with it ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/04/08 at 9:25 pm

Here are a few pics we took when we went to NASA last weekend

1. Me and Jim playing around
cool pics gj

Here are some more

Control room used for Apollo missions
Eagle that Neil Armstrong used for the first moon walk
more cool pics, thanks for sharing

Written By: greenjello74 on 10/04/08 at 10:07 pm

cool pics gj
more cool pics, thanks for sharing

my pleasure

Written By: Red Ant on 10/05/08 at 9:42 pm

Awesome pics, greenjello! Is the museum at Cape Caneveral or somewhere else in Florida?

Ant

Written By: greenjello74 on 10/06/08 at 5:45 am

Awesome pics, greenjello! Is the museum at Cape Caneveral or somewhere else in Florida?

Ant

Thanks, yes these pics are in the Saturn V building. It is a working Center, this is the visitors center of the Kennedy Space Center where the shuttle launches from.
Here are some outside pics of where they actually assemble the Shuttle. Its called The Vehicle Assembly Building (VAB). It was the largest building at the time it was built (1962). It can house three Empire State Buildings in  it. It has a 250 ft American Flag painted on the side. One Stripe is the width of the tour bus we were riding on. Which was a regular coach bus like Greyhound uses. The other pic is an out of service shuttle that you can go through. I have no idea who the lady in the picture is just some random person.

Written By: karen on 10/08/08 at 3:10 pm

Thanks, yes these pics are in the Saturn V building. It is a working Center, this is the visitors center of the Kennedy Space Center where the shuttle launches from.
Here are some outside pics of where they actually assemble the Shuttle. Its called The Vehicle Assembly Building (VAB). It was the largest building at the time it was built (1962). It can house three Empire State Buildings in  it. It has a 250 ft American Flag painted on the side. One Stripe is the width of the tour bus we were riding on. Which was a regular coach bus like Greyhound uses. The other pic is an out of service shuttle that you can go through. I have no idea who the lady in the picture is just some random person.

We visited the Kennedy Space Center twice.  The first time (in 2003) we did the full tour around the shuttle buildings and that.  We got to walk through the area where they were assembling  parts of the ISS.

Looks like you had a good time

Written By: Tia on 10/08/08 at 3:13 pm

my dad worked at JSC in the 60s and 70s. he could get me into the mission control room.

Written By: greenjello74 on 10/08/08 at 7:29 pm

my dad worked at JSC in the 60s and 70s. he could get me into the mission control room.

That musta been so cool. I remember as a kid how "high tech" all the equipment looked, now it looks so archaic. The technology used to launch the first moon shot is equal to the technology we have in our watches today.
One of the things that impressed me was how small the inside of the orbiter is. The Rockets are huge immense, and the orbiter is like a sardine can.

Anyway I hoping to get to the beach this weekend to get some shots of both shuttles on the pads before they put one back that was going to the ISS. They have postponed that launch till Feb I think.

Check for new replies or respond here...