inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Philadelphia 2009

Written By: Tam on 03/17/09 at 3:19 pm

The weekend of March 13-16th, a group of us from the boards had a mini-meet. Of course, we have seen pictures on the mini-meet gallery, but I thought it would be good to have a thread all unto itself. In here you can post your photos, talk about things you have seen and pretty much anything else about the weekend. Others can ask questions or make comments... it is pretty much anything about Philly, the meet, the people... all of it.

I am going to start the thread by telling you a little bit about the people that I had the pleasure of meeting.

First of all, I was scared silly.
Honestly, it is one thing to interact with people on a message board, but to meet them in person - you get to thinking about things. Like what if they don't like me? What if I turn out to be the idiot and no one wants to hang with me. What if I am not at all what they expected, and - to quote Erin - what if they don't like the REAL me? It was all pretty crazy. Nasty and I left earlier than expected, mostly because if he had of went to the gym like he wanted to, we wouldn't have made it there until a lot later than we planned. Second, it worked out for the best so that we missed rush hour traffic in Binghamton, NY and around Philly.

So, we were supposed to meet up and go to Hooters, but because we were early, Nasty and I were the only ones to go. We went into New Jersey (the first time I have ever been there) and found the Hooters. It was a bit of a letdown, the girls weren't as good as we thought they would be, and the food left us wanting. However, we enjoyed the fact that we finally had some Hooters, when none are available to us at home. ;)

We drove back into Philly, and thank goodness for GPS! The city is confusing as all heck, and the street so narrow, I am surprised we were able to navigate in the Mountaineer. I sent a text to Ash, telling her we were in the lot, and she and Gis met me in the lobby. Coming down the elevator from parking, my stomach started doing all of these little flips, worse than butterflies! But as soon as I walked in the lobby - it felt like home. Seeing these beautiful women for the first time, I felt like I was going to cry! Of course, all of my worrying was for naught, because we hit it off right from the get go. I love these ladies so much!!! We are definitely the Three Wise Monkeys!

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x108/tmhaley32/Philadelphia%202009/078.jpg

My next round of butterflies hit when we heard a knock on the door and in came Cat and Carlos! My heart rate went off the charts, and I flew to offer hugs to them both. What a beautiful, down to earth couple!! I was worried that they were going to have to "dummy things down" for me, because they are both so completely smart, but there wasn't a single moment that I felt out of place. We all went out to dinner, and had a blast getting to know each other, eating and partaking of a few spirits. I can say without a doubt that Cat and Carlos are so much more than one would expect! I am blessed to have met them!

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x108/tmhaley32/Philadelphia%202009/IMG_2150.jpg

Saturday morning dawned, and we went for breakfast. I received a text from Karen, saying they were walking over to meet us. The butterflies started again so I decided to go outside and have a smoke to try and calm my nerves. (Not that it actually worked.) Karen called this time to ask for the number of our hotel. Sadly, I had to ask her to repeat herself, because I must have been too excited to listen properly. Her accent is gorgeous! Thick and full of sincerity. I told her where we were and then I went back outside to wait for her. When I saw them walking down the street, my heart started racing and it was all I could do not to run up the street as fast as my heart! Karen, taller than I had imagined, is absolutely gorgeous! Her husband Dai - what a guy! (Seems some of us pictured him as a stuffy British businessman, boy were we off the mark!) Master James and Miss Elizabeth - both smart as whips, amazingly intelligent for their ages and they immediately got on with all of us adults. Miss Elizabeth is my new Best Friend! We were inseparable, unless of course she was with Mum and Dad doing something else! 8)

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x108/tmhaley32/Philadelphia%202009/IMG_2189.jpg

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x108/tmhaley32/Philadelphia%202009/IMG_2160.jpg

After we saw the Liberty Bell and toured Constitution Hall (?) we went on to Campo's Deli where we were going to meet everyone else for lunch and real Philly Cheese Steaks! We crammed ourselves into the tiniest deli I have ever seen. The cheese steaks were the best I have ever eaten. And to my surprise, Shannon was there! (ladybug316) The first thing I noticed about Shannon is how absolutely gorgeous she is! The second was how strong her New York accent is! I loved listening to her speak. Something in her words draws you in and keeps you hooked. She is so vibrant and full of energy! I was having a hard time keeping up with her pace, because as you know - this city girl can walk FAST! 8)

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x108/tmhaley32/Philadelphia%202009/IMG_2271.jpg

Next thing I know, Kevin and his wife have joined us as well! I am overwhelmed! The smiles on their faces were as bright as the sky! Kevin brought with him enough New Jersey Pretzels to feed an army and oh my goodness were they ever great! As soft as can be with the right amount of salt! They are both of the quiet sort, but just as part of our family as everyone else! I am thankful for meeting them, and now blessed that I know them personally. 8)

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x108/tmhaley32/Philadelphia%202009/IMG_2235.jpg

I look up and in comes Erin and Beth! I feel like I am using the word gorgeous too much, but I have no other way to explain it. These two ladies are so gorgeous, my heart melted! And bubbly! Erin's laugh is infectious and just looking at Beth in her Flapper style - you can't turn away even if you wanted to. They fit our group dynamic so perfectly, I couldn't imagine us being there without them. Now, to be quite honest, I had a fear of meeting Beth. I was afraid that she didn't like me because of past interactions on the boards. Not directly with her, but around her. She laid my fears to rest though. Apparently, I am alright. Better than I ever thought! ;D I love these siblings! They are absolutely perfect for me in every way possible!

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x108/tmhaley32/Philadelphia%202009/IMG_2276.jpg

So, sitting in Campo's, we were enjoying our food, when Ash yells out "Oh My God! You Came!!" I look up to see Tia!!! What a joker!!! This guy is nothing like I expected at all. The brashness he displays on the boards was no where to be found. He is a genuine jokester, but under it all you can see the heart of gold. Honest and caring, fully conversing with everyone. His camera barely left his face, but when it did his smile was all you could see. He is one of those people, when you are talking to him, he looks you straight in the eye and listens to every word. He is an absolute sweetheart, a perfect match for the rest of us crazies! Mike - you now have a special place in my heart! 8)

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x108/tmhaley32/Philadelphia%202009/208.jpg

As we were finishing up eating, you will never guess what happened? They kicked us out of the Deli!!! Apparently, we had been sitting there too long, taking up too many seats, and so out the door we go. Poor Beth wasn't done eating her sandwich, Tia wasn't finished his beer - but we still had to get out! Haha! Leave it to us to cause a ruckus! So what do we do? We stand around out front of the deli trying to figure out what to do next! And who should happen along? Patty, her husband James and Kathie!!! I can't say anything more than what has already been said about Patty's husband James! What a complete riot! I missed part of his comedy routine - but he is the epitome of the perfect gentleman!!! Patty - what a lovely soul. This girl did so well meeting all of us fools! She took us in and loved each of us in her own way. Completely gorgeous woman! And Kathie.... what can I say? Nothing at all what I expected! Her sense of humor is the first thing you notice, and her intelligence is off the charts! Kathie - I am so proud of you for coming to meet us all! You know we all love you Girl!!! 8)

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x108/tmhaley32/Philadelphia%202009/IMG_2291.jpg

And last but not least, at dinner Staurday night, we finally got to meet Tim and Julz! These two lit up the room when they arrived! So completely in love, and completely in awe. Unbeknownst to them, I was the one in awe! It's a funny thing when you think about someone you met on a message board, quite a few years ago, to realize that they have grown and matured over the course of time. Their manners and interactions were impeccable. Julz is absolutely gorgeous and so full of life. And Tim, what a gentleman. They definitely brought more life to our group. I couldn't imagine the trip without meeting them!

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x108/tmhaley32/Philadelphia%202009/n515069360_1331930_1260678.jpg

I could go on and on now about everything we did, but I will leave that to others for now.
Karen said to me that she feels flat - and I can't agree more. I feel like I should be posting, but I don't know what or where to post, and I feel lacking, like I should still be with you all. Just know that each of you have touched my heart in places I didn't think existed, and I didn't think I had anymore room.

I love each of you and thank you so much for the absolutely wonderful weekend!!!

Tam 8)

Subject: Re: Philadelphia 2009

Written By: snozberries on 03/17/09 at 3:53 pm

Great! Like the pics and videos didn't rub it in enough... now you have to go and lay out this precise clear picture of how the weekend was....  ::)

Seriously tho- it looked like a great time and Tam you paint such a clear picture I actually feel ilke I was there. don't be surprised if I say sometime remember when we were all in Philly  ;D

Watching Tia's video- you get a pretty good inclining of everyone's personalities. Tam I have been kidding you about being a goof... but I mean it in only the positive of ways. I can tell you are full of life, mischief and fun. I love it!

Written By: Tam on 03/17/09 at 4:09 pm

Great! Like the pics and videos didn't rub it in enough... now you have to go and lay out this precise clear picture of how the weekend was....   ::)

Seriously tho- it looked like a great time and Tam you paint such a clear picture I actually feel ilke I was there. don't be surprised if I say sometime remember when we were all in Philly  ;D

Watching Tia's video- you get a pretty good inclining of everyone's personalities. Tam I have been kidding you about being a goof... but I mean it in only the positive of ways. I can tell you are full of life, mischief and fun. I love it!

Sorry Q - I can send the pics directly to your email if you like!? :P

And it's all good. I am a goofball! Most times I like to think it comes out in my posts - but now there is video proof!! ;D ;D ;)

Written By: snozberries on 03/17/09 at 4:11 pm

Sorry Q - I can send the pics directly to your email if you like!? :P

And it's all good. I am a goofball! Most times I like to think it comes out in my posts - but now there is video proof!! ;D ;D ;)

;D

oh it does come out in your posts but there are depths and layers  to your goofiness that just cannot be seen in your posts  ;)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/17/09 at 4:15 pm

Hey Tam, you forgot to mention how the manager came to scold us for being too loud that first night.  ;)

And yes, we started singing (well at least I did), "Here we come walking down the street. Getting funniest looks from everyone we meet."  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 03/17/09 at 4:24 pm

Hey Hey we're the penguins??  ???

:D

Written By: loki 13 on 03/17/09 at 4:50 pm

Tam , the pictures were great but the commentary was excellent, you have such a great way with words.

You have my personality absolutely correct. I have always been a very quiet sort of person, which is sometimes a burden.
I tend to intimidate people because they often mistake my quietness is for smugness and angst.

For that reason I almost didn't make the trip across the bridge but I think --- no --- now I know, that I would regret not
going for the rest of my life. The one thing I found is that no one that was there put up a false front, either on the boards
or in person. Their on line personality matched their real life personality and that's what I like about this site.

Now about Philly itself. What is embarrassing to me that I know where every landmark you visited is, I've been by them thousands
of times but the only time I see them is through a car window. Even more embarrassing is that I asked Gis and Dai were the Liberty
Bell was. It's been about 40 years since the last time I saw it and I knew they moved it but I didn't know to where.

Around here, 30 pretzels is a drop in the hat. I told you, you could have made a few bucks selling them on the corner. 3 for a
dollar is the going rate.

I am glad I decided to go, I only wish I could have made the evening trip. Meeting everyone was a Pleasure, it makes me read the
post a little bit different. There are still members to meet though and if there is a West Coast get together I will seriously consider
attending.

Written By: thereshegoes on 03/17/09 at 7:10 pm

Tam, i loved your photos and your words 8)

It's great to see you all together. For awhile i've been feeling unable to relate to this board anymore, but now your meeting gives me faith in this place again. I don't know why but it warms my heart to know you had so much fun together.

Written By: Tam on 03/17/09 at 7:24 pm

Tam , the pictures were great but the commentary was excellent, you have such a great way with words.

You have my personality absolutely correct. I have always been a very quiet sort of person, which is sometimes a burden.
I tend to intimidate people because they often mistake my quietness is for smugness and angst.

For that reason I almost didn't make the trip across the bridge but I think --- no --- now I know, that I would regret not
going for the rest of my life. The one thing I found is that no one that was there put up a false front, either on the boards
or in person. Their on line personality matched their real life personality and that's what I like about this site.

Now about Philly itself. What is embarrassing to me that I know where every landmark you visited is, I've been by them thousands
of times but the only time I see them is through a car window. Even more embarrassing is that I asked Gis and Dai were the Liberty
Bell was. It's been about 40 years since the last time I saw it and I knew they moved it but I didn't know to where.

Around here, 30 pretzels is a drop in the hat. I told you, you could have made a few bucks selling them on the corner. 3 for a
dollar is the going rate.

I am glad I decided to go, I only wish I could have made the evening trip. Meeting everyone was a Pleasure, it makes me read the
post a little bit different. There are still members to meet though and if there is a West Coast get together I will seriously consider
attending.

Kevin! I can't imagine what it would have been like without you stopping in! And I figured you were of the quiet type. However, I could tell that you were taking everything in and at least enjoying yourself. I understand about being quiet/shy. The Son is like that, until he feels 100% comfortable with his surroundings. Nothing wrong with that at all. We were all so very thankful that you did come along.

And don't worry about not knowing much about Philly. You are from Jersey! ;) Now, had you told me the Hooter's wasn't all that great.... hahhaha!

Again Kevin, I personally am very thankful to have met you. I believe a friendship has been forged that will last a lifetime. 8)

Written By: Tam on 03/17/09 at 7:26 pm

Tam, i loved your photos and your words 8)

It's great to see you all together. For awhile i've been feeling unable to relate to this board anymore, but now your meeting gives me faith in this place again. I don't know why but it warms my heart to know you had so much fun together.

Thank you very much Is !!!

I am glad you have that warm fuzzy feeling again! It is hard sometimes to stay in touch with the boards, when we have so much more going on outside of here. I know with me - hubby deploying soon and stuff, I will most definitely back away for a bit and feel somewhat estranged. We all go through it. But know that we would have loved to have you at our mini-meet! I can only imagine how much more fun it would have been. Brazilians and brunettes are definitely more fun!!! ;D

love ya Girl 8)

Written By: loki 13 on 03/17/09 at 7:36 pm

And don't worry about not knowing much about Philly. You are from Jersey! ;) Now, had you told me the Hooter's wasn't all that great.... hahhaha!

I may live in Jersey but I do work in Philly, I pass the Art museum every day on my way home. The way I see it is, everything is always more interesting
in your neighbors yard so you don't know what's in your own. As for Hooters, I've never been in one.  :-[ 

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 03/17/09 at 7:42 pm

I really liked the area where our hotel was located in.  It had a nice (small-town) feeling to it.  I was much more comfortable there then in downtown Philly for some reason.  ;D

I wish I could have spent more time with everyone, but for some reason that weekend I was running late or not being communicative in person as much as I would have liked.  I'm not fond of crowds so...and if I have to drive around Philly looking for 15th Street ONE MORE TIME, I'm gonna scream.  I swear I drove around the same 5 block area, at least 10 times looking for the two restaurants.  lol  I guess my sense of direction is totally for shyte.

Written By: ladybug316 on 03/17/09 at 9:32 pm

Tam, this thread is a great idea and you've done a wonderful job with your picture presentation :)

My story goes like this:
I arrived in Philly on Saturday afternoon and waited at the aforementioned deli for about 25 minutes all by myself.  I actually started to panic that no one would show up and that I might have made the trip for nothing.  I was also a bit worried because I don't interact with everyone on the board as regularly as some and my showing up was unexpected by many.  When everyone finally walked in however, all my fears were laid to rest.  You are a wonderful bunch of people, each in your own way, and I'm so glad I made the trip.  It really does bring a new dimension to posting here; a new appreciation of the friendships forged here.  Thank you all for not making me feel like I crashed the party, for appreciating my sarcasm and for your general good spririt!  :)

Written By: Tam on 03/17/09 at 10:06 pm

Thanks Shannon! 8)

And so it seems I have forgotten a set of people.
I will go amend my post right now. 8)

Written By: Little_devil_rider on 03/17/09 at 10:33 pm

The Philly meet was amazing. I did love meeting every one sorry we were late and, i was kind shy but i did have so much fun talking to the people i did, sorry i did not get around to every one. Tam and ash i loved the dance and the little pengin was so funny. every one was so nice and i would so love to have a meet some were else. and to bookmisterss4every i know how you feel i always pass over 15th and wind up having to drive 20 mins out of my way! to end i loved meet every one even though i did not have BLUE EYE SHADOW. and to the few who asked me i cant believe you remembered julz did that!!!!

Written By: MissDemento on 03/17/09 at 11:47 pm

Awe TAM!!! You are so sweet!!! You were awesome to meet! I'm sorry we didn't get more time to hang out! But I am SO happy we were late then never!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/18/09 at 6:09 pm

Tam...wow.  What an amazing tribute to an even more amazing weekend.  Girl, I LOVE you!  I'd also like to echo the statements you made about everyone that was there.  I couldn't have been more pleased.  Each and every one of you exceeded my expectations and I have so much love in my heart for you all.  I think Karen nailed it right on the head when she said she feels flat.  What a perfect way of putting it.  I got on the boards earlier and found I didn't know what to say.  I will say though that I couldn't be happier that I met you all...and that I can't wait to do it again. 

Since Tam gave such lovely descriptions of everyone, I need to take a moment to give one about her.

The second I saw Tam I started to smile and I don't think I stopped.  She just breathes life into everything around her.  She is so genuine, so darling, so real and so wonderful.  I keep thinking that she almost didn't come...and I can't even fathom what the weekend would have been like without her.  Tam, you're a shining star.  And Big Nasty was wonderful too.  You guys are such a great couple - he is so funny and genuine.  I love you both.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/18/09 at 6:21 pm

Some of my favorite pics:

http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww157/Springtimevoodoo/Philadelphia%20and%20New%20York%202009/DSC03205.jpg
Everyone making a goofy face.

http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww157/Springtimevoodoo/Philadelphia%20and%20New%20York%202009/DSC03237.jpg
Karen and Elizabeth

http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww157/Springtimevoodoo/Philadelphia%20and%20New%20York%202009/DSC03239.jpg
Waiting to go into Independence Hall

http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww157/Springtimevoodoo/Philadelphia%20and%20New%20York%202009/DSC03291.jpg
Kathie, Tia and Me

http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww157/Springtimevoodoo/Philadelphia%20and%20New%20York%202009/DSC03310.jpg
Gis, Me, Quirk

http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww157/Springtimevoodoo/Philadelphia%20and%20New%20York%202009/DSC03333.jpg
Gis, Tam, and Big Nasty getting ready to run the Rocky Steps

http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww157/Springtimevoodoo/Philadelphia%20and%20New%20York%202009/DSC03285.jpg
James, showing me his hat

Written By: Midas on 03/18/09 at 9:14 pm

Fabulous pictures!! Makes you want to be there :)

Tam, I enjoyed your commentary on the experience.  The first person I ever met from a messageboard was Mama K.  We had really only communicated through PM's here, and occasionally on the phone.  I was set to visit some family in the Chicago area over Easter weekend 2003 so decided to see if she wanted to meet up somewhere.  We met up that Friday night in Sandwich IL (I think that's where it was, way west of Chicago :D ) in some bar.  I know I was sort of nervous to meet someone I knew only from the internet.  We both had other people with us so I think that made things a little more comfortable.  And it so happened that my cousin's significant other knew a lot of the same people in that area as Mama K!  ;D  And to top it off, the significant other's brother shows up at the bar, kind of like "WTH are YOU doing here?!?" ;D ;D.  We had a great time.

After that it seemed a little easier to meet people like Rice Cube, Jessica and others I've met because I was in more frequent contact with them (phone, IM, etc.)

I've talked to Tam on the phone once to help me with Wii stuff :D I think it'd be fun to meet her and others. 

When's the West Coast meet?  :D

Written By: Tam on 03/18/09 at 10:28 pm

http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww157/Springtimevoodoo/Philadelphia%20and%20New%20York%202009/DSC03205.jpg

OMG!!! That is the best Carlos face EVER!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Don Carlos on 03/19/09 at 10:45 am

Yesterday I couldn't find this thread.  Cat had to show me. 

What a great time and great bunch of people.  Truly awesome.  Too bad it was so short.  I would have liked more time with all of the group.  Can't top what Tam wrote.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/19/09 at 11:34 am

I keep looking at this one and laughing and laughing. My stomach hurts from laughing so hard. BTW, I hope you don't mind that I copied this one.

Cat

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/19/09 at 11:39 am

I keep looking at this one and laughing and laughing. My stomach hurts from laughing so hard. BTW, I hope you don't mind that I copied this one.

Cat

Of course not, honey.  I will get them all up on my photobucket so that you can copy whatever you want this weekend.  :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/19/09 at 11:58 am

Of course not, honey.  I will get them all up on my photobucket so that you can copy whatever you want this weekend.   :)

Thanks. I still need to copy Tam's photos, too.

Cat

Written By: Tam on 03/19/09 at 12:10 pm

Thanks. I still need to copy Tam's photos, too.

Cat

And I copied the ones from Erin on her Facebook. ;)

Written By: Gis on 03/19/09 at 5:34 pm

This thread is awesome. I *loved* meeting everyone, it's going to be weird to know I won't easily be able to see you guys face to face again, if you know what I mean. My poor finances have to recover from this trip first.

As soon as I am home I will check out Tia's video and get Himself to sort my pictures out!  ;D

Tomorrow I'm off to the hotel and the wedding stuff begins full on. So far it's been driving round doing last minute stuff and eating. I tried the skirt on first day and it fitted, not sure that would be the case now............  :-[
I just keep thinking what the heck I'm on holiday!  ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/19/09 at 7:22 pm

the pics of the Philadelphia mini-meet are fantastic, all of them. every album and individual pic. if only you all knew how enviable the special time you all had was.  8)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/19/09 at 10:10 pm

even Lady Di was thrilled http://bestsmileys.com/excited/3.gif when she showed me the totally unexpected Postcard from Philadelphia signed by all of you who were there. I am very touched. I'm gonna treasure this for a long time.  thanks a bunch.  8)

you guys are awesomeness to the max      http://bestsmileys.com/happy/2.gif

....just one other thing, where's my pretzel  ::)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 03/19/09 at 10:16 pm

....just one other thing, where's my pretzel  ::)

It was attached to the postcard, didn't it make it?  Postal clerk might have been hungry.  ;D

Did you notice the Liberty Bell stamp on it?  We thought it was appropeau

Written By: karen on 03/19/09 at 10:21 pm

It was attached to the postcard, didn't it make it?  Postal clerk might have been hungry.   ;D

you'd think that was the only stamp the post office would sell wouldn't you?!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/19/09 at 10:33 pm

It was attached to the postcard, didn't it make it?  Postal clerk might have been hungry.   ;D

the pretzel was attached... ::)      ;D  no way those 30 pretzels got past the lot of all you  ;D  I hear those things are most excellent

the stamp is cool and appropriate. the card is wonderful and the 4 words on it that I like best are  Wish you were here!  thanks again.

I wish I had been there.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 03/19/09 at 10:54 pm

Here are my few to add to the collection.  I have some of the submarine (that hubby took with his cell phone camera if anybody is interested.)

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff30/bookmistress4ever/057.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff30/bookmistress4ever/056.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff30/bookmistress4ever/055.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff30/bookmistress4ever/054.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff30/bookmistress4ever/053.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff30/bookmistress4ever/IMG_0067-2-1.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff30/bookmistress4ever/077.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff30/bookmistress4ever/IMG_0078-1.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff30/bookmistress4ever/IMG_0073-1.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff30/bookmistress4ever/phillysub3.jpg

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/19/09 at 11:02 pm

Here are my few to add to the collection.  I have some of the submarine (that hubby took with his cell phone camera if anybody is interested.)

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff30/bookmistress4ever/057.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff30/bookmistress4ever/056.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff30/bookmistress4ever/055.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff30/bookmistress4ever/054.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff30/bookmistress4ever/053.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff30/bookmistress4ever/IMG_0067-2-1.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff30/bookmistress4ever/077.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff30/bookmistress4ever/IMG_0078-1.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff30/bookmistress4ever/IMG_0073-1.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff30/bookmistress4ever/phillysub3.jpg
those are amazing pics Patty and you're all so good looking  8)

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 03/19/09 at 11:54 pm

Here is a video I took of the little park behind Independence Hall on Saturday.  (If you get seasick easily, you might want to skip it since I kinda panned the camera all over...)  But it was a pretty day and a pretty park (I love parks).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d4zCAcjOLA

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/20/09 at 12:05 am

those are amazing pics Patty and you're all so good looking  8)

haha..those are great Patty! What's up with Beth and my facial expressions in that one?! LOL! ;D

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 03/20/09 at 12:32 am

haha..those are great Patty! What's up with Beth and my facial expressions in that one?! LOL! ;D

lol I dunno.  I was kinda taking photos on the sly.  I think I caught yinz while you were talking about what you wanted to do next.  ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/20/09 at 12:45 am

lol I dunno.  I was kinda taking photos on the sly.  I think I caught yinz while you were talking about what you wanted to do next.   ;D

hahaah..that's funny! We look so serious! :D

Written By: ladybug316 on 03/20/09 at 6:35 am

hahaah..that's funny! We look so serious! :D

I was trying to figure out the damned map!!!  ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/20/09 at 9:39 am

I have Erin's glasses on!  ;D

I was wondering what Tia was saying to Tam and Gis - they both look stricken!  ;D

Great pics Patty!!

Written By: karen on 03/20/09 at 1:20 pm

I have Erin's glasses on!   ;D

I was wondering what Tia was saying to Tam and Gis - they both look stricken!   ;D

Great pics Patty!!

I thought Tam looked like she was saying "wtf is he on about?" !

Great pictures Patty

Written By: snozberries on 03/20/09 at 3:38 pm

Great pictures Patty

;D

Ash I was wondering why I hadn't seen you in glasses in the other pics lol.

Those are great pics Patty.  I like that shade of purple on you Patty you look great!  :)

Written By: Tam on 03/20/09 at 3:42 pm

Great pictures Patty

I can't even remember what the heck we were talking about.
The funny thing is that a lot of the pics of me, I look all disgruntled and crap. ;D

Written By: loki 13 on 03/20/09 at 4:43 pm

Great pictures Patty, as was everyones. One thing I noticed about some of the pictures though, I got
to keep my mug away from the front of a camera, I always look so damned pissed off.

Written By: Tam on 03/20/09 at 4:45 pm

Great pictures Patty, as was everyones. One thing I noticed about some of the pictures though, I got
to keep my mug away from the front of a camera, I always look so damned pissed off.

It's weird right Kevin?
I mean, I know I had a fantastic time, yet there are these pictures like to tell otherwise.
And Trust in the fact that we knew you were not pissed off at all! ;) 8)

Written By: loki 13 on 03/20/09 at 4:59 pm

I can't even remember what the heck we were talking about.
The funny thing is that a lot of the pics of me, I look all disgruntled and crap. ;D

I think I know what Tia may have been saying at this point, it certainly would explain your puzzled look.
This was probably when he was saying he didn't have a hotel room yet. He figured he come and just
wing it. He also said if worse came to worse he'd sleep on the hood of the car. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 03/20/09 at 5:02 pm

I think I know what Tia may have been saying at this point, it certainly would explain your puzzled look.
This was probably when he was saying he didn't have a hotel room yet. He figured he come and just
wing it. He also said if worse came to worse he'd sleep on the hood of the car. ;D

that would certain put a similar look on my face.  ;D

Written By: Tam on 03/20/09 at 5:10 pm

Oh my gosh I think you are exactly right Kevin!!!
What an awesome memory you have!!! 8)

Written By: karen on 03/20/09 at 5:13 pm

I was close then!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/20/09 at 11:35 pm

I was wondering what Tia was saying to Tam and Gis - they both look stricken!   ;D

Great pics Patty!!

OMG!! hahaah..you do! I didn't even notice that! They look good on you, girl! :)

Written By: whistledog on 03/22/09 at 5:02 pm

These are awesome pictures.  You guys look like you had a great time :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/23/09 at 11:46 am

I haven't told this story yet because I was waiting to put this photo up on Flickr-now that I have, I can tell the story.

I was taking this photo in front of Independence Hall:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3597/3379722756_fe38f0d6d5.jpg?v=0

After snapping one or two shots, I hear this whistle. I look to my left and there is a guard standing with Ash & Gis and he calls me over. I go over to him and he said "No one takes pictures of George Washington". I look over at Ash & Gis and they are cracking up. I looked at the guard and said, "Those two put you up to this." He looks at me, smiles and said, "Yeah." Ash & Gis start laughing even harder. I went back to take more photos.  :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 03/23/09 at 11:54 am

Ruh roh!  Almost detained for illegal picture taking!  I would have sprung ya though.  ;D  :D

On our walk over from parking at the Martime Museum to the Liberty Bell, Kathie, James and I ran across a woman that looked confused, apparently she was doing some sort of Scavanger Hunt for Alzheimer's Benefit and had to find the first bank of the United States (which Kathie knew that there were two "first" banks....one sponsored by England and the other made by the colonists.)  (Smart girl, that Kathie!)

We stopped by the City Tavern on our walk, which apparently was a really old tavern.  Since we were really low on fundage, we didn't eat there, just kinda looked at the building.  It was interesting.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/23/09 at 11:57 am

Ruh roh!  Almost detained for illegal picture taking!  I would have sprung ya though.   ;D  :D

On our walk over from parking at the Martime Museum to the Liberty Bell, Kathie, James and I ran across a woman that looked confused, apparently she was doing some sort of Scavanger Hunt for Alzheimer's Benefit and had to find the first bank of the United States (which Kathie knew that there were two "first" banks....one sponsored by England and the other made by the colonists.)  (Smart girl, that Kathie!)

We stopped by the City Tavern on our walk, which apparently was a really old tavern.  Since we were really low on fundage, we didn't eat there, just kinda looked at the building.  It was interesting.

We saw the City Tavern and would have liked to have gone there but it wasn't a good time when we saw it and then we were too tired to walk back to it when we had a chance. Next trip.

Cat

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 03/23/09 at 12:01 pm

Yeah there are a few things I'd still like to do there.  I never did get a Philly Cheesesteak.  oh well. 

As you said, next time.

Maybe we can do some sort of annual meeting, I'll plan better next time.  ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/23/09 at 12:14 pm

I haven't told this story yet because I was waiting to put this photo up on Flickr-now that I have, I can tell the story.

I was taking this photo in front of Independence Hall:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3597/3379722756_fe38f0d6d5.jpg?v=0

After snapping one or two shots, I hear this whistle. I look to my left and there is a guard standing with Ash & Gis and he calls me over. I go over to him and he said "No one takes pictures of George Washington". I look over at Ash & Gis and they are cracking up. I looked at the guard and said, "Those two put you up to this." He looks at me, smiles and said, "Yeah." Ash & Gis start laughing even harder. I went back to take more photos.  :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww157/Springtimevoodoo/Philadelphia%20and%20New%20York%202009/DSC03265.jpg

Here's a picture of the guard.  He was really cool.

It was difficult to talk him into blowing the whistle at you Cat - he took his job pretty seriously.  Just when I'd given up trying to get him to get you, he went for it.  The look on your face was priceless!  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/23/09 at 12:15 pm

Gis should be on her way back to England today.  I bet she's exhausted. 

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/23/09 at 12:19 pm

http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww157/Springtimevoodoo/Philadelphia%20and%20New%20York%202009/DSC03265.jpg

Here's a picture of the guard.  He was really cool.

It was difficult to talk him into blowing the whistle at you Cat - he took his job pretty seriously.  Just when I'd given up trying to get him to get you, he went for it.  The look on your face was priceless!   ;D ;D ;D

I'm glad you took a photo of him. I didn't.

Cat

Written By: Tam on 03/23/09 at 12:21 pm

Gis should be on her way back to England today.  I bet she's exhausted. 

She is complaining on her facebook that she will never be a Bridesmaid again! ;D
Poor thing. I told her to go straight to bed when she gets in because she will also have the next day off - and I better not see her online or I will kick her butt the next time I see her! ;D ;D

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/23/09 at 12:38 pm

I'm glad you took a photo of him. I didn't.

Cat

Well it's not a very good one - kinda blurry, but better than nothing! 

She is complaining on her facebook that she will never be a Bridesmaid again! ;D
Poor thing. I told her to go straight to bed when she gets in because she will also have the next day off - and I better not see her online or I will kick her butt the next time I see her! ;D ;D

Oh that poor girl.  It was that bad huh?

Written By: Tam on 03/23/09 at 12:40 pm

Well it's not a very good one - kinda blurry, but better than nothing! 

Oh that poor girl.  It was that bad huh?

I gather it was! She must have been run ragged! :-[

Written By: Dagwood on 03/23/09 at 1:27 pm

Tam, that was an excellent commentary with the pictures.  Sounds like you guys had a blast.

Everyone is looking good. :)

Written By: Tam on 03/23/09 at 1:29 pm

Tam, that was an excellent commentary with the pictures.  Sounds like you guys had a blast.

Everyone is looking good. :)

Thanks Dagny!!

And welcome back! Where were you for 5 days?
I suppose I probably missed a post telling me huh? ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/23/09 at 1:32 pm

Still working on getting all my photos up on Flickr but they are getting there. Please check them out-and check them out in the next couple of days or so. I'm working on it, I'm working. I'm also doing other things, too so bear with me.

Cat

Written By: Gis on 03/27/09 at 5:56 am

Great pics Patty!!
I finally looked at mine last night and I have one of you talking to Tia looking just as stricken!  ;D Very strange.........

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/27/09 at 10:39 am

I posted this on the other thread but here it is again:

http://s706.photobucket.com/albums/ww64/CatwomanofV/Philadelpha%202009/

And I'm STILL uploading the other ones on my Flickr account. Yeah, yeah, I know I'm slow. Only doing a few a day or so.

Cat

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/29/09 at 6:09 pm

Well I finally got my butt around to arranging all of mine and getting them onto Photobucket.  There are a bunch of blurry ones and such, but I just thought "to hell with it" and included all of them.  Here's the link:

http://photobucket.com/Inthe00sPhilly09

Written By: snozberries on 03/29/09 at 6:15 pm

Well I finally got my butt around to arranging all of mine and getting them onto Photobucket.  There are a bunch of blurry ones and such, but I just thought "to hell with it" and included all of them.  Here's the link:

what the hell....was there like and earthquake inside independence hall....  ;D

great pics tho!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 03/29/09 at 6:29 pm

what the hell....was there like and earthquake inside independence hall....  ;D

great pics tho!

I know...I'm really a sucky photographer.  ;D  I can fully admit it.

Written By: snozberries on 03/29/09 at 6:35 pm

I know...I'm really a sucky photographer.   ;D  I can fully admit it.

naw most of the shots were good!  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/30/09 at 11:15 am

I am so envious of some of the wonderful shots you got. I still have to make copies of Tam's as well as yours to add to my folder of this amazing trip.

Cat

Written By: Tam on 03/31/09 at 11:57 am

http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x108/tmhaley32/Philadelphia%202009/

My folder again on photobucket.
I wish there was a way to tell if you have comments without having to go through each individual picture....
There probably is and I am just missing it! ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 04/01/09 at 2:55 am

great pics you guys, it sure is fun looking at them, but it would have been more fun to be in them  8)

Written By: Brian06 on 04/02/09 at 11:37 pm

Looks like you all had a good time, nice photos, I was by Philly a couple months ago after my stop in NYC (then down to Florida which we have relocated to) though I didn't tour it. Back in 2003 I did though and it was quite nice.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/03/09 at 10:50 pm

Looks like you all had a good time, nice photos, I was by Philly a couple months ago after my stop in NYC (then down to Florida which we have relocated to) though I didn't tour it. Back in 2003 I did though and it was quite nice.

oh wow...you live in Florida now, Brian? Which part?

Written By: Brian06 on 04/03/09 at 11:44 pm

oh wow...you live in Florida now, Brian? Which part?

Winter Haven.  ;)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 04/05/09 at 10:13 am

Winter Haven.  ;)

lucky you!! :)

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/28/09 at 11:59 am

I was revising my Photobucket album of this amazing trip because I know Tam uses one of my photos on her sig line and I don't want her photo to appear as "This image has been moved or deleted" which Photobucket does when the account hasn't been active in a while. I noticed that Ash's photos have that.

That being said, I am still in awe that I got to finally meet a bunch of you. I had a wonderful time-something to remember for a long time to come. I hope we can do it again some time.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 12/28/09 at 1:54 pm

I was revising my Photobucket album of this amazing trip because I know Tam uses one of my photos on her sig line and I don't want her photo to appear as "This image has been moved or deleted" which Photobucket does when the account hasn't been active in a while. I noticed that Ash's photos have that.

That being said, I am still in awe that I got to finally meet a bunch of you. I had a wonderful time-something to remember for a long time to come. I hope we can do it again some time.

Cat

ME NEXT!!!!

Written By: Silver Power on 12/31/09 at 9:23 am

We went into New Jersey (the first time I have ever been there)

As a citizen of New Jersey, my condolences go out to you.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/02/10 at 5:06 am

As a citizen of New Jersey, my condolences go out to you.

When we went to meet the group in Philly, my hubby and I and Reynolds stayed in New Jersey.  It was a nice hotel and we liked the neighborhood it was in.  Just hated the toll bridges and the traffic getting into the neighborhood where everyone was meeting.  lol

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/03/10 at 1:15 am

I think I fixed it.  If not, let me know if it's still saying that to you.

It was fun to go back and look at the pictures anyway!  It also really makes me really miss you guys.

Karen and her wonderful family were here this past week, and it was so great to see them.  I really wish we all lived closer so that we could see each other more often.  I can't wait for the next meet!!

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/03/10 at 12:07 pm

I think I fixed it.  If not, let me know if it's still saying that to you.

It was fun to go back and look at the pictures anyway!  It also really makes me really miss you guys.

Karen and her wonderful family were here this past week, and it was so great to see them.  I really wish we all lived closer so that we could see each other more often.  I can't wait for the next meet!!

Nope. They are still not coming up.  :\'( :\'(

BTW, I can't wait for the next meet, too.

Cat

Check for new replies or respond here...